Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread 12:23 - Aug 1 with 54049 viewsDarran

[Post edited 1 Aug 2013 12:25]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 04:17 - Aug 2 with 3732 viewsHighjack

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 23:03 - Aug 1 by Liam12345

its this that i find rather amusing

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119117

Who the f uck is 'Rudy' anyway?
[Post edited 2 Aug 2013 4:18]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 04:30 - Aug 2 with 3722 viewsCountyJim

Great win Swansea and fantastic football
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 04:58 - Aug 2 with 3711 viewsc00lj4ck

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:42 - Aug 1 by Laudrup

Hibs forum on Swansea v Malmö http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?105969-Swansea-v-Malmo

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Hope Hibs win now...
[Post edited 2 Aug 2013 5:00]
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 06:15 - Aug 2 with 3629 viewsharemscarem

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:58 - Aug 1 by Davillin

Most of the comments I agree with, but to be honest, Shelvey was not a real contributor to the game. I'll wait to see his shot completion rate, which appeared to be closer to 50% than anything else.

Too many hoofs ending in lost possession. Even some short passes easily taken away. And very long shots [way too long for our style] some off target by yards - all give-aways. That is not the way we play.

One commentator said, at about 12 minutes, "Shelvey needs to be more disciplined to fit into the Swansea style." I added, "for starters."

Shelvey was man of the match to me. What he did so well was to make very precise long and short passes, and at the same time he was running a lot to make him self available all the time. Like I said earlier he was like a center of rotation.

He plays a lot like Britton, but he makes more risky passes, and he succeeds with many of them. Of course there are some mistakes, when You try to make that kind of passes, but it was really nothing to talk about, I think. Shelvey is also good going forward. Shelvey does go forward sometimes, and then Britton stays back. Britton and Shelvey seems to Work very good together. Ki and Britton together does not work for instance. They both lack the ability do be dangerous going forward.

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 06:18 - Aug 2 with 3628 viewsharemscarem

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:58 - Aug 1 by Davillin

Most of the comments I agree with, but to be honest, Shelvey was not a real contributor to the game. I'll wait to see his shot completion rate, which appeared to be closer to 50% than anything else.

Too many hoofs ending in lost possession. Even some short passes easily taken away. And very long shots [way too long for our style] some off target by yards - all give-aways. That is not the way we play.

One commentator said, at about 12 minutes, "Shelvey needs to be more disciplined to fit into the Swansea style." I added, "for starters."

Shelvey was man of the match to me. What he did so well was to make very precise long and short passes, and at the same time he was running a lot to make him self available all the time. Like I said earlier he was like a center of rotation.

He plays a lot like Britton, but he makes more risky passes, and he succeeds with many of them. Of course there are some mistakes, when You try to make that kind of passes, but it was really nothing to talk about, I think. Shelvey is also good going forward. Shelvey does go forward sometimes, and then Britton stays back. Britton and Shelvey seems to work very good together. Ki and Britton together does not work for instance. They both lack the ability do be dangerous going forward.

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 07:28 - Aug 2 with 3532 viewsJohnw102

Great night, only downside Stewards in NE corner half way through first half came round making big thing of telling about 12 of us to sit down, we were on the back 2 rows of the lower stand where we always are not obstructing anybody, pointed out the 3/4 thousand standing on the East terrace as they do and was told "Not bothered about them it you we are talking to" None of us, were upsetting any other fans or obstructing view of anybody who wanted to sit and watch the game. Just an example of stewards picking on what they saw as a soft target. Rant over well done Swans, bring on United.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2013 7:29]

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 08:44 - Aug 2 with 3401 viewsmonmouth

Watching that conference I realise how much I'll miss Laudrup when he goes. No brainless cliches and a wonderful calmness with a hint of oh ffs at the moronic continuously repeated questions. In that clip though, what struck me is that he is obviously bursting with pride and delight for his team and his players.

I don't think he will, but I hope he stays a bit longer than next May.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 08:52 - Aug 2 with 3382 viewsActionBronson

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 08:44 - Aug 2 by monmouth

Watching that conference I realise how much I'll miss Laudrup when he goes. No brainless cliches and a wonderful calmness with a hint of oh ffs at the moronic continuously repeated questions. In that clip though, what struck me is that he is obviously bursting with pride and delight for his team and his players.

Sums it up perfectly

My name's Dave Angel, eco warrior. Behind me there is my missus Shirley, and we haven't had sex for twelve years, which is fine because we got better things to do.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 08:59 - Aug 2 with 3368 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 08:44 - Aug 2 by monmouth

He'll be taking us into the Champions League next season, mum

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 09:52 - Aug 2 with 3289 viewswaynekerr55

Hey Swansea leave those sheeps alone

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 09:57 - Aug 2 with 3275 viewsLilleFlue

I was watching the game on telly yesterday and at the end was the Jack army chanting "vi elsker Laudrup?"" I thought that was pretty coool
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 10:00 - Aug 2 with 3265 viewsLord_Bony

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 07:28 - Aug 2 by Johnw102

Great night, only downside Stewards in NE corner half way through first half came round making big thing of telling about 12 of us to sit down, we were on the back 2 rows of the lower stand where we always are not obstructing anybody, pointed out the 3/4 thousand standing on the East terrace as they do and was told "Not bothered about them it you we are talking to" None of us, were upsetting any other fans or obstructing view of anybody who wanted to sit and watch the game. Just an example of stewards picking on what they saw as a soft target. Rant over well done Swans, bring on United.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2013 7:29]

I was sitting front row by half way line east.Full of mams and kids etc.

Everytime a goal scored they would come running facing us in panic like there was going to be a pitch invasion any minute. I know they got a job to do but theres never any trouble any more, we re not in the 1970 s ...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 10:08 - Aug 2 with 3250 viewsperchrockjack

We re clearly at a crossroads fanwise.
MANY OF THOSE WHO HAVE FOR GENERATIONS TURNED THEIR BACKS ON THEIR HOME TOWN CLUB turning to Merseyside/London/Mnahester for a team to support have twigged the City now has a team to be proud of;a team kids playing in the schoolyard can pretend to be playing in.
There s no feckn need to be shy.

Kids have clearly nagged these parents to go .The club is doing its best to attract,better than it used to anyway ;its just the mentality of the sporting public in general needs to be up for it.
THERE IS SO MUCH TO BE PROUD ABOUT

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 10:09 - Aug 2 with 3244 views1983

Who cut off Flynns legs? he looked like Ronnie Corbett
[Post edited 2 Aug 2013 10:10]

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 10:24 - Aug 2 with 3202 viewsinspector

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 09:57 - Aug 2 by LilleFlue

I was watching the game on telly yesterday and at the end was the Jack army chanting "vi elsker Laudrup?"" I thought that was pretty coool

lol no
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 10:37 - Aug 2 with 3161 viewsjunior_jack

You can watch the match in full on the itv player if like me you forgot to record it;

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/uefa-europa-league/series-21/episode-1
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 10:40 - Aug 2 with 3141 viewsperchrockjack

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 10:09 - Aug 2 by 1983

Who cut off Flynns legs? he looked like Ronnie Corbett
[Post edited 2 Aug 2013 10:10]

He did look a bit of a freak but he don't look too bad.
For me,impossible to dislike

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 10:44 - Aug 2 with 3121 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 10:40 - Aug 2 by perchrockjack

Heart of a lion. When watching him play you realised that he wasn't the most skillful player, but you still had total respect for him because of his application.
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 10:45 - Aug 2 with 3114 viewsDarran

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 10:40 - Aug 2 by perchrockjack

Well I can't stand the stupid unprofessional little tw*t that nearly took us into non-league football.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2013 10:52]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 10:51 - Aug 2 with 3095 viewsperchrockjack

I suggest few people share that view Pross which I think is harsh.
ok so he didn't want to leave Burnley but all things being equal I d suggest he s a football man and a decent bloke.

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 14:27 - Aug 2 with 2913 viewscockneyswan

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 10:45 - Aug 2 by Darran

Well I can't stand the stupid unprofessional little tw*t that nearly took us into non-league football.

To be fair he took over after the Petty debacle, when the club was skint, he has to take a lot of credit for bringing players such as Lee Trundle, Leon Briton, Alan Tate, and Roberto, these were some of the players who began to "turn the tide" for the Swans.
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 15:26 - Aug 2 with 2838 viewsbrightonjack

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 08:52 - Aug 2 by ActionBronson

Sums it up perfectly

Yes, apart from 'I don't think he will, but I hope he stays a bit longer than next May'

I think he will stay - the club has obviously decided to invest in the 'Laudrup project' and that's got to work both ways. Bloody hope so, anyway; he's a large part of what's attracting players to Swansea at the mo.
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 15:48 - Aug 2 with 2817 viewsDafyddHuw

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 10:45 - Aug 2 by Darran

I'm blanking all these "Cheap Trick" posts until we get the real Frank Zappa back.
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 15:55 - Aug 2 with 2806 viewsgykes

Great game, thought everyone played well. Well worth £25. Don't think Malmo have got much to worry us though, luckily we're NOT as shit as Hibs! Number 29 looked sharp though.

Building it up in black and white since 1996!

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 16:36 - Aug 2 with 2744 viewsbrightonjack

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 15:48 - Aug 2 by DafyddHuw

I'm blanking all these "Cheap Trick" posts until we get the real Frank Zappa back.

Yeah, my avatar is just a substitute until Darran's comes out of retirement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024