Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread 12:23 - Aug 1 with 54048 viewsDarran

[Post edited 1 Aug 2013 12:25]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:28 - Aug 1 with 4073 viewsthe_gasman

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=365393&start=0&rid=11765

The vermin are appreciating class football when they see it

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:29 - Aug 1 with 4073 viewsmonmouth

Aye Dav, I think you're in a very small majority - possibly of one. that doesn't make you wrong of course, although I reckon you are!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:30 - Aug 1 with 4049 viewssunshinehead

Would Ash be able to play European football for another club now?
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:33 - Aug 1 with 3999 viewsTom1912

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:30 - Aug 1 by sunshinehead

Would Ash be able to play European football for another club now?

My understanding of what I think is a silly and awkward rule is that if we now get to the group stages of the Europa League, Williams can't play for another team in the Champions League group stages. But he could play in the knockout rounds after that (even if we progress past the group stages)
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:36 - Aug 1 with 3948 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:33 - Aug 1 by Tom1912

My understanding of what I think is a silly and awkward rule is that if we now get to the group stages of the Europa League, Williams can't play for another team in the Champions League group stages. But he could play in the knockout rounds after that (even if we progress past the group stages)

A champions league club would be buying him as cover, whatever he may think, and however it may turn out (I think he'd force his way in to the Arse first team), so it won't worry them in terms of trying to buy him. I think Brodge will make a bid too.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:42 - Aug 1 with 3868 viewsLaudrup

Hibs forum on Swansea v Malmö http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?105969-Swansea-v-Malmo

I hate signatures

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:51 - Aug 1 with 3762 viewscentrestandswan

Shelvey = Pratley only better
Bony = Scotland only better

Similar running style to Pratley and Bony same awareness in the box to Scotland.

And there is only one Leon just runs and runs and runs............

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 22:56 - Aug 1 with 3705 viewsorion3016

Brilliant start to the season, and a great atmosphere

Be over there now after

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 23:03 - Aug 1 with 3635 viewsLiam12345

its this that i find rather amusing

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119117

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 23:13 - Aug 1 with 3564 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:58 - Aug 1 by Davillin

Most of the comments I agree with, but to be honest, Shelvey was not a real contributor to the game. I'll wait to see his shot completion rate, which appeared to be closer to 50% than anything else.

Too many hoofs ending in lost possession. Even some short passes easily taken away. And very long shots [way too long for our style] some off target by yards - all give-aways. That is not the way we play.

One commentator said, at about 12 minutes, "Shelvey needs to be more disciplined to fit into the Swansea style." I added, "for starters."

Shelvey played very well. He adds variation to the tippy tappy way of playing. We have evolved from that. Sometimes you just need somebody to boss a game in the middle or to spray a pass. Sure these sometimes go wrong because there is more risk involved as they are tougher to make. The reward is greater though.

Not once did he "hoof". Back to League 2 clogging for you!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 23:20 - Aug 1 with 3515 viewsjacksfullaces

couldn't seem to get a programme tonight -can you pick them up after the event do you know?
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 23:24 - Aug 1 with 3479 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 23:13 - Aug 1 by PozuelosSideys

Shelvey played very well. He adds variation to the tippy tappy way of playing. We have evolved from that. Sometimes you just need somebody to boss a game in the middle or to spray a pass. Sure these sometimes go wrong because there is more risk involved as they are tougher to make. The reward is greater though.

Not once did he "hoof". Back to League 2 clogging for you!

I wonder if it a sort of evolution that we are undergoing? Whereas at one time, because of our limited player resources, we kept the ball because, 'if we have the ball then they can't score', thereby levelling the playing field.

Now we have moved on a bit, having arguably a better standard of player, allowing us the luxury of a more adventurous approach?
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 23:36 - Aug 1 with 3410 viewsSimonSwansea

Fair play, bloody awesome!

Been reading forum for a while so thought I'd finally join in!

Was actually first time to the liberty today, call me plastic, whatever, but was absolute class!

Shelvey looked really good to me today, think he's a steal of a buy. Alex looked good while he was on also, great finish.

Personally not sure on Amat, seemed out of position a few times today and bit hot headed. Probably just needs settling a bit more.
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 23:37 - Aug 1 with 3389 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 23:24 - Aug 1 by airedale

I wonder if it a sort of evolution that we are undergoing? Whereas at one time, because of our limited player resources, we kept the ball because, 'if we have the ball then they can't score', thereby levelling the playing field.

Now we have moved on a bit, having arguably a better standard of player, allowing us the luxury of a more adventurous approach?

Quite possibly! (Hopefully!)

At the risk of massive amounts of egg on face in 9 months time, i think you may be right. Think we have got a squad with enough quality now to just smash sides and take the wins rather than just sneaking them by throttling the life out of the oppo with tiptap.

I think Monmouth said something along the lines of how it gave him great pleasure to see us swat away sides like Reading the other day. The workmanlike teams, as weve never been able to do that before.

To me, thats evoluton. Definitely up a level this season already for me. Its obvious. Im nearlyphuckingexcited!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 23:58 - Aug 1 with 3297 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 23:03 - Aug 1 by Liam12345

its this that i find rather amusing

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119117

Sad sad tw@ts .... that thread coming from fans that simple have no clue about football

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 00:03 - Aug 2 with 3273 viewsW_Hunt

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 21:58 - Aug 1 by Davillin

Most of the comments I agree with, but to be honest, Shelvey was not a real contributor to the game. I'll wait to see his shot completion rate, which appeared to be closer to 50% than anything else.

Too many hoofs ending in lost possession. Even some short passes easily taken away. And very long shots [way too long for our style] some off target by yards - all give-aways. That is not the way we play.

One commentator said, at about 12 minutes, "Shelvey needs to be more disciplined to fit into the Swansea style." I added, "for starters."

Christ on a f*cking bike...
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 00:05 - Aug 2 with 3264 viewsPhil_S

Are we really suggesting in here that Shelvey didn't play well?
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 00:08 - Aug 2 with 3246 viewsW_Hunt

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 00:05 - Aug 2 by Phil_S

Apparently. Unbelievable...

He'll be quoting Emerson or Thoreau in his defence in a minute...
The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 00:08 - Aug 2 with 3245 viewsSmellyplumz

Sorry but you have made yourself look a right c*nt with that post.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 00:25 - Aug 2 with 3197 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 00:05 - Aug 2 by Phil_S

not WE
just a few, or maybe only one actually

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 00:32 - Aug 2 with 3155 viewsepaul

There's another 25% in that side we werent as fluent, we'll win over there, then bring on the premier league just f*cking bring it on

JACKARMY

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 00:46 - Aug 2 with 3115 viewsDavillin

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 00:08 - Aug 2 by W_Hunt

Apparently. Unbelievable...

He'll be quoting Emerson or Thoreau in his defence in a minute...

Not for you. It'd go right over your head.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 00:53 - Aug 2 with 3105 viewsDavillin

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 00:08 - Aug 2 by Smellyplumz

Sorry but you have made yourself look a right c*nt with that post.

Until you, there was a series of responses which addressed my points courteously and directly, with reasons to support their disagreement, which I respect.

Then along comes you to insult me and use foul language to do it. Who, between your post and mine, made himself look like a boor and buffoon?

Pointless and useless post, yours, but I guess it makes you feel like a big time Charlie.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 03:49 - Aug 2 with 2956 viewsmikl0s

Laudrup post match press conference

The man oozes class:

If Bony and Michu start to gel.....oh my

The Official Swansea City V Malmö FF Matchday Thread on 03:49 - Aug 2 with 2956 viewsc00lj4ck

Anticipating - I was stuck on the same, trying too hard?

Statisticly - he still got 2 working... Loved his arrogant attempts from afar - obviously wants to proof himself to ML (hope it works - it should!). And those first timers that travels ½ a pitch on a common cross - wow!

Somebody (Rangel or Britton) should tell him he is NOT in BR land...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024