Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flicker is new bury manager 21:01 - Dec 9 with 15049 viewsCockneyDale

N/t
Flicker is new bury manager on 14:21 - Dec 10 with 2613 viewsregjenkins

Flicker is new bury manager on 14:15 - Dec 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

Who will Barnsley want to ship out?

Can't see many of their squad wanting to drop down to L2 and oblivion at bury.

Take your point that the new Manager at Oaky will want to shape shift though.

Besides,bury have internationals Like Big Jessie waiting for the call,and Ashley.

Ha ha ha.. international???? I was thinking Matt Done, Scotty Wiseman and Perky. none are well thought of with Barnsley fans.. They only need offering a good contract and swallow the B.S and i can see them playing for Flicker ... just a thought.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Flicker is new bury manager on 14:23 - Dec 10 with 2612 viewsWhiteyBFC

Flicker is new bury manager on 22:01 - Dec 9 by R17ALE

Tom Kennedy. They told us he was shit. Now they hope Flicker can tempt him back!!

He is shit. At this level. And never going to improve.

With Flicker's obsession in selecting him, I am hoping Xmas brings me at least one present and that's Tom Kennedy joining Bury. Or anyone else. ASAP.

Be a great League Two player, though. But unlike your Wisey's, Perks and COGba's, he's not got the ability to succeed in the big leagues.

Wisey was similarly gash this time last year, but even then you could see he had ability. That was never the issue. The issue was getting him to believe it himself. I'm not suggesting he's quality or owt, but he shits all over Kennedy. I'd take your lad Rose over him every day of the week. At least his set pieces are decent. Kennedy must have taken 200 corners since joining us, and 50 direct free kicks. Not once have we scored from one. He just gently floats them into the gloves of the keeper.

And Flicker gave him a 2 year deal, and Paddy 12 months. Sacking justified right there.
Flicker is new bury manager on 14:29 - Dec 10 with 2590 viewsregjenkins

Whitey, you have taken my point and sharpened it further, although T.K was a bURY player back in the day .... and may have burned his bridges as any Daley will tell you. Your new manager wont wont to hold onto the players i have highlighted and its all about a job and a decent contract. T.K was a favorite here, but as you have pointed out, that was L2 football.

Flicker is new bury manager on 14:36 - Dec 10 with 2580 viewsWhiteyBFC

Flicker is new bury manager on 23:30 - Dec 9 by Toffeemanc

From one club with no money and ideas above their station to another. Out of the frying pan into the fire?

Really happy for Flicker that he has quickly got himself another managers job, but absolutely gutted it is with Bury.

Ideas above our station? That old chestnut again.

Aye, we're reight bastards us Barnsley supporters, hoping every time a new season comes around that this will be the one where we manage to reach mid table. Deluded bunch aren't we? I mean, it's not like it's our 76th campaign in the second tier or owt. We should be grateful to be rooted to the bottom with less points than George Michael has on his driving license, especially after Flicker (who had no money, you reckon) cobbled together our biggest ever squad, then decided to farm out his £250,000 signing on loan without giving him a run of games, as well as farming out our standout youth player, alienating a club legend and recruiting best buddy and OAP Mike Pollitt.

Money was so tight we spent 400k on O'Grady on good wages, retained EVERY player he wanted to keep, loaned a Norwegian international up front, allowed him to recruit another 4 loanees, and relaid the academy pitches using state of the art 3G, only for him to then take the squad to Carrington or St Georges Park to fcuking train.

Aye, we were proper tight. Didn't back him at all. And considering the way he ALONE kept us up last season, single handed, no help at all from his staff/board, with shit players, I feel quite ashamed the way we've treated him since. The poor bugger.

In all seriousness, I wish the man all the best in his future endeavours, but I'm not keen on Bury (there's only one BFC) so as long as it doesn't affect Dale's rise up the divisions then I'll wish him and them 'good luck', slightly.

March 8th? Who's getting me a ticket?
Flicker is new bury manager on 14:38 - Dec 10 with 2575 viewsWhiteyBFC

Flicker is new bury manager on 14:21 - Dec 10 by regjenkins

Ha ha ha.. international???? I was thinking Matt Done, Scotty Wiseman and Perky. none are well thought of with Barnsley fans.. They only need offering a good contract and swallow the B.S and i can see them playing for Flicker ... just a thought.

Matty Done plays for you..

Scott Wiseman has been rather decent this year, and much appreciated by most BFC supporters.

David Perkins is getting it in the neck of late, but to be fair, he's been a shadow of his usual self this season, although personally I still rate him highly.

They can have Kennedy, Dawson and O'Brien if they want.
Flicker is new bury manager on 15:01 - Dec 10 with 2536 views100notout

Whitey - you seem quite bitter towards Flicker. Admittedly things haven't gone well for you so far this season but he performed miracles to keep you up last season - what a short memory you have.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Flicker is new bury manager on 15:03 - Dec 10 with 2532 viewsregjenkins

Sure someone on here will sort you a ticket for the bURY game if you wish to make the journey down. Matty D is a loan player is he not?

Flicker is new bury manager on 15:14 - Dec 10 with 2513 viewsRotherhamDale

Flicker is new bury manager on 15:03 - Dec 10 by regjenkins

Sure someone on here will sort you a ticket for the bURY game if you wish to make the journey down. Matty D is a loan player is he not?

He is not. He got released by Barnsley (I think)

Possession with progression.

Login to get fewer ads

Flicker is new bury manager on 15:42 - Dec 10 with 2464 viewslibertinedreamer

Flicker is new bury manager on 14:38 - Dec 10 by WhiteyBFC

Matty Done plays for you..

Scott Wiseman has been rather decent this year, and much appreciated by most BFC supporters.

David Perkins is getting it in the neck of late, but to be fair, he's been a shadow of his usual self this season, although personally I still rate him highly.

They can have Kennedy, Dawson and O'Brien if they want.

I would personally crawl all the way to barnsleydale and carry dawson on my back over hot coals all the way back to Bury. Top top player.

Always rated kennedy aswell and we are desperately short of quality at lb, but after all the 'tk is a piss head' and 'that' goal celebration, would he want to come back? Would our fickle lot accept him back? Im not sure.

I personally dont think we could afford either, its gna be a struggle till the end of the season until he can bring his own men in. There arnt too many on two year deals.
Flicker is new bury manager on 15:53 - Dec 10 with 2450 viewsMass_Debater

Flicker is new bury manager on 14:21 - Dec 10 by regjenkins

Matt Done? The current Dale player, you mean?

Keep trying sunshine.
Flicker is new bury manager on 16:02 - Dec 10 with 2438 viewsDaley_Lama

If TK went back to Bury would there be loads of hard men trying to climb over the barrier to get at him every time he scored a penalty?*

*still gutted i missed that game**
**but the pictures of the bury fans for that goal almost made up for it.

Poll: DF in or out

Flicker is new bury manager on 16:09 - Dec 10 with 2426 viewslibertinedreamer

Flicker is new bury manager on 16:02 - Dec 10 by Daley_Lama

If TK went back to Bury would there be loads of hard men trying to climb over the barrier to get at him every time he scored a penalty?*

*still gutted i missed that game**
**but the pictures of the bury fans for that goal almost made up for it.

Haha you missed this one guy that got over and ran at tk, then shit himself when tk just stopped and looked at him. That game was a sickener, worse than the gutless performance this season even. Was it 3-0?

*ive nearly completely wiped it from my memory
Flicker is new bury manager on 16:31 - Dec 10 with 2389 viewsshaker90

So just popped on here to see if you lot had mentioned it because you're all obsessed ;)

No seriously I popped on to see how you thought it would go for us with him in charge of us, I for one am very happy wanted either him or Danny Wilson, just because of the type of football I was led to believe he likes to play. If I am indeed correct in thinking he likes to play it on the floor (I'm not on the Barnsley messageboard so I cant ask them)

How do you think this will go for us? I personally am not expecting us to storm up the league and be in the play offs by the end of January which I am sure some are expecting knowing that some of our lot are quite deluded in that respect, I though would be happy if he can get us upto 14 by then and see how things go.
Flicker is new bury manager on 16:43 - Dec 10 with 2357 viewsrobbowood

said Bury chairman Stewart Day.
“This is my first managerial appointment as a chairman and it needed to be the right one, hence I would not be rushed.”
“He had received offers from other clubs at a higher level, but he has bought into what we are trying to achieve at this club and has committed his future to take us back to where we belong, the Championship.

Can someone please explain to me exactly on what basis Bury 'belong' in the Championship
Flicker is new bury manager on 16:47 - Dec 10 with 2344 viewsshaker90

Flicker is new bury manager on 16:43 - Dec 10 by robbowood

said Bury chairman Stewart Day.
“This is my first managerial appointment as a chairman and it needed to be the right one, hence I would not be rushed.”
“He had received offers from other clubs at a higher level, but he has bought into what we are trying to achieve at this club and has committed his future to take us back to where we belong, the Championship.

Can someone please explain to me exactly on what basis Bury 'belong' in the Championship

Nope I'm lost on that one, would be delighted to be back up there but we don't 'belong' to be there we have to earn it as does any club.
Flicker is new bury manager on 16:50 - Dec 10 with 2330 viewsboffley

Flicker is new bury manager on 16:31 - Dec 10 by shaker90

So just popped on here to see if you lot had mentioned it because you're all obsessed ;)

No seriously I popped on to see how you thought it would go for us with him in charge of us, I for one am very happy wanted either him or Danny Wilson, just because of the type of football I was led to believe he likes to play. If I am indeed correct in thinking he likes to play it on the floor (I'm not on the Barnsley messageboard so I cant ask them)

How do you think this will go for us? I personally am not expecting us to storm up the league and be in the play offs by the end of January which I am sure some are expecting knowing that some of our lot are quite deluded in that respect, I though would be happy if he can get us upto 14 by then and see how things go.

Read the post by libertinedreamer "gna be a struggle til the end of the season". Playing football on the floor is no guarantee of success. You need the quality of players to achieve that and I don't believe that you have that at present even if they try to keep it on the deck.

At least you are realistic when you say that "some of our lot are quite deluded" but if you believe that you will be up to 14th by January then unfortunately you need to include yourself in that lot.
Flicker is new bury manager on 16:56 - Dec 10 with 2309 viewsshaker90

To be fair we have 9 games before the end of January and to gain 6 places should be achievable, it would mean us gaining 6 points on currently 14th placed Hartlepool though, not completely out of the question and a place to start I would feel.
Flicker is new bury manager (n/t) on 17:00 - Dec 10 with 2289 viewsboffley

Flicker is new bury manager on 16:56 - Dec 10 by shaker90

To be fair we have 9 games before the end of January and to gain 6 places should be achievable, it would mean us gaining 6 points on currently 14th placed Hartlepool though, not completely out of the question and a place to start I would feel.

I stand to be corrected but with the quality of players you have at the moment I just cannot see that happening
[Post edited 10 Dec 2013 17:01]
Flicker is new bury manager (n/t) on 17:58 - Dec 10 with 2217 viewsD_Dale

Flicker is new bury manager (n/t) on 17:00 - Dec 10 by boffley

I stand to be corrected but with the quality of players you have at the moment I just cannot see that happening
[Post edited 10 Dec 2013 17:01]

In Flicker's favour, this season ours is a mediocre division. Hartlepool and Accy started very badly, but seem to have turned things round. Current leaders Oxford's best run of league wins is for just two games. Dale's best run is four - but all were won by the odd goal, and a lot of scores this season seem to have been close. I think only Fleetwood have scored five in a league match (though that was a 5-4 win). So by bringing bury's form up to the point where they don't ship quite as many goals and score a few more could have a big impact on their league position. Even now their goal difference is -3, and Dale's is +3. Whether he will work a bit of magic remains to be seen.
Flicker is new bury manager on 18:04 - Dec 10 with 2204 viewsD_Dale

Flicker is new bury manager on 14:36 - Dec 10 by WhiteyBFC

Ideas above our station? That old chestnut again.

Aye, we're reight bastards us Barnsley supporters, hoping every time a new season comes around that this will be the one where we manage to reach mid table. Deluded bunch aren't we? I mean, it's not like it's our 76th campaign in the second tier or owt. We should be grateful to be rooted to the bottom with less points than George Michael has on his driving license, especially after Flicker (who had no money, you reckon) cobbled together our biggest ever squad, then decided to farm out his £250,000 signing on loan without giving him a run of games, as well as farming out our standout youth player, alienating a club legend and recruiting best buddy and OAP Mike Pollitt.

Money was so tight we spent 400k on O'Grady on good wages, retained EVERY player he wanted to keep, loaned a Norwegian international up front, allowed him to recruit another 4 loanees, and relaid the academy pitches using state of the art 3G, only for him to then take the squad to Carrington or St Georges Park to fcuking train.

Aye, we were proper tight. Didn't back him at all. And considering the way he ALONE kept us up last season, single handed, no help at all from his staff/board, with shit players, I feel quite ashamed the way we've treated him since. The poor bugger.

In all seriousness, I wish the man all the best in his future endeavours, but I'm not keen on Bury (there's only one BFC) so as long as it doesn't affect Dale's rise up the divisions then I'll wish him and them 'good luck', slightly.

March 8th? Who's getting me a ticket?

You're a true fan, WBFC, or at the very least you've got a true fan's sense of humour.

It must have caused you a wry smile to think how Flicker, and Hilly, seem to have frittered away such a chunk of your chairman's ill-gotten gains.
Flicker is new bury manager on 18:29 - Dec 10 with 2168 views442Dale

It'd have been interesting to see how Hill would have done at Barnsley with the backing Flitcroft received. 

Said numerous times before, what's happened at Barnsley this season was very disappointing and Flitcroft's decision making was the main reason. Day and anyone else can ignore this and concentrate on the remarkable job he did keeping them up, but since then it's been pretty much all downhill. 

We've rightly defended Flitcroft when last season some at Barnsley didn't seem to want to give him a chance, but this time the criticism he's received has been pretty fair when you analyse their campaign.

Bury have got a potentially very good manager, it's up to him to illustrate that those first five months will be indicative of his whole managerial career.  

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Flicker is new bury manager (n/t) on 19:34 - Dec 10 with 2053 viewssandylaner1

Flicker is new bury manager on 16:31 - Dec 10 by shaker90

[Post edited 10 Dec 2013 19:40]
Flicker is new bury manager on 19:38 - Dec 10 with 2041 views442Dale

Flitcroft interview on Bury YouTube channel.

www​.youtube.com/user/buryfcofficial

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Flicker is new bury manager on 19:41 - Dec 10 with 2031 viewssandylaner1

Flicker is new bury manager on 22:19 - Dec 9 by BigDaveMyCock

In the burning embers of the Coleman era a lot of us got carried away with the rumour that Flicker wanted to return to Dale. To put a dollop of 'hopeful' flesh on the bare bones of the rumour a lot of people convinced themselves that Flicker was the 'real' talent of Hillcroft. Hill's return to Dale put paid to that crock of shite. Up to Flicker to prove he can live without Hill now.

this

KHBA
Flicker is new bury manager on 19:45 - Dec 10 with 2025 viewssandylaner1

Flicker is new bury manager on 16:09 - Dec 10 by libertinedreamer

Haha you missed this one guy that got over and ran at tk, then shit himself when tk just stopped and looked at him. That game was a sickener, worse than the gutless performance this season even. Was it 3-0?

*ive nearly completely wiped it from my memory

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/8220790.stm

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024