Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturdays game 09:22 - Jan 21 with 2958 viewsBigKindo

Anybody know if we are on 'world wide' tele again?
Saturdays game on 09:31 - Jan 21 with 2945 viewsColDale

No
Foreign tv showing: Sunderland v Kiddie, Southend v Hull, Bolton v Cardiff
Saturdays game on 09:38 - Jan 21 with 2924 viewsYouTubeDale

No armchair supporters then. So come on down!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Saturdays game on 10:10 - Jan 21 with 2871 viewsdownunder

Saturdays game on 09:38 - Jan 21 by YouTubeDale

No armchair supporters then. So come on down!

Yeah Right.
I would if I could.
v.Leeds was my first "live" game since Morecambe away about 5 years ago. Saving up for my next live game unless Dale get world wide televised again.
Saturdays game on 12:32 - Jan 21 with 2750 viewsYouTubeDale

Saturdays game on 10:10 - Jan 21 by downunder

Yeah Right.
I would if I could.
v.Leeds was my first "live" game since Morecambe away about 5 years ago. Saving up for my next live game unless Dale get world wide televised again.

Dale at Wembley in the play-offs???

Saturdays game on 13:14 - Jan 21 with 2667 viewsfitzochris

Saturdays game on 12:32 - Jan 21 by YouTubeDale

Dale at Wembley in the play-offs???

While going up automatic would be kinder to my credit card, I really enjoyed the Wembley experience (despite the result).

If we could guarantee to go to Wembley and win, I'd pick that over auto promo every time.

Although, a league title would be nice...

Aw, FFS, just to be talking about promotion again is nice...

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Saturdays game on 13:30 - Jan 21 with 2623 viewsYouTubeDale

Agree, if we could guarantee a win at Wembley that would be my choice too. (I know not to upset the FGs).

The only downside when we went to Wembley was the complete cockup by Ticket Master when allocating our seats. You couldn't seem to get behind the goal and consequently that made us look poor in numbers but many will say that we took more than County.

Saturdays game on 17:05 - Jan 21 with 2465 viewsdingdangblue

Saturdays game on 13:30 - Jan 21 by YouTubeDale

Agree, if we could guarantee a win at Wembley that would be my choice too. (I know not to upset the FGs).

The only downside when we went to Wembley was the complete cockup by Ticket Master when allocating our seats. You couldn't seem to get behind the goal and consequently that made us look poor in numbers but many will say that we took more than County.

Yeah - we got the cheapest tickets behind the goal (£25 or £30 can't remember) and there were thousands of empty expensive seats behind us which most people promptly sat in - you would've been pissed off if you'd had paid full price to sit there and we all were there for half the price. Bit of a shambles really having such a big stadium 1/3 full but I guess Wembley can't do anything other than have staggered prices . If a Bristol or Portsmouth get there they would fill it.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Saturdays game on 17:31 - Jan 21 with 2418 viewsfermin

Saturdays game on 13:14 - Jan 21 by fitzochris

While going up automatic would be kinder to my credit card, I really enjoyed the Wembley experience (despite the result).

If we could guarantee to go to Wembley and win, I'd pick that over auto promo every time.

Although, a league title would be nice...

Aw, FFS, just to be talking about promotion again is nice...

Opposite for me about Wembley. Miles away from the pitch on the top level in a two-thirds empty ground was not what I imagined promotion would be like. Also I was on the same side as the trophy presentation, so even if we had won I wouldn't have seen Gary Jones lift the trophy. For me feeling so detached from what was going on would have been a bit of an anticlimax from what I always imagined getting promotion would be like (not saying I didn't want us to win, obviously). Perhaps I would have felt differently if we were a club that had regularly played at big stadia and been able to almost fill the ground together with our opponents. But that's not us, as we all know.

However, wInning it at Spotland with a pitch invasion, chairing the players off the pitch etc then going down the Cemetery for the evening was much more like it. It felt much more of an experience, more communal, more intimate. Perhaps I am just a bit sentimental!. Winning it at somewhere like Torquay (as we could have done) with hundreds of Dale fans going mental on the packed terrace would have been a similar experience too and for me also much better than Wembley.

I am happy that I have seen Dale play at Wembley, but having been there, I am really not bothered about going back again unless it's the only way to get promotion.

Still annoyed that we handed the title on a plate to Notts County. For this reason the end of that season was a bit of damp squib after the euphoria of the Northampton game. Seems odd to say that about our promotion season, but that's how I felt.
Login to get fewer ads

Saturdays game on 17:52 - Jan 21 with 2369 views442Dale

If we ever got to Wembley again, we wouldn't take half as many as in 2008.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Saturdays game on 19:28 - Jan 21 with 2244 viewsjokerthief

Because its a rubbish over priced location......Rochdale v Stockport...ffs treat the fans its their day ....Game on in Manchester...Preferably City,s ground...Minimum travel expense...Minimum entrance fee...Maximum support...20,000 from each side + 5,000 interested neutrals....Everybody happy on a premiership ground...
Surely makes sense....Even worse, Championship final 2 English clubs...Man Utd v Chelsea, playing in Moscow, an absolute joke....Every supporter needed a visa with rip off air travel and rip off hotel prices...The match should have been played at Wembley or the Welsh main stadium...What has happened to the sense in football nowadays.....
Saturdays game on 19:30 - Jan 21 with 2235 viewsdingdangblue

Saturdays game on 17:52 - Jan 21 by 442Dale

If we ever got to Wembley again, we wouldn't take half as many as in 2008.

Come off it! The buzz of getting to the F.A.Cup final would surely help?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Saturdays game on 19:42 - Jan 21 with 2192 views442Dale

Saturdays game on 19:28 - Jan 21 by jokerthief

Because its a rubbish over priced location......Rochdale v Stockport...ffs treat the fans its their day ....Game on in Manchester...Preferably City,s ground...Minimum travel expense...Minimum entrance fee...Maximum support...20,000 from each side + 5,000 interested neutrals....Everybody happy on a premiership ground...
Surely makes sense....Even worse, Championship final 2 English clubs...Man Utd v Chelsea, playing in Moscow, an absolute joke....Every supporter needed a visa with rip off air travel and rip off hotel prices...The match should have been played at Wembley or the Welsh main stadium...What has happened to the sense in football nowadays.....

How could they have changed the location of the Champions League final after United and Chelsea got through though?

The planning and preparation had already been done, and unfortunately they can't move it no matter how much sense it makes to the two sets of fans. There will have been the odd few who may have booked hotels in Moscow after reaching the semis, chancing heir luck at getting through.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Saturdays game on 19:51 - Jan 21 with 2169 viewsChaffRAFC

Saturdays game on 19:42 - Jan 21 by 442Dale

How could they have changed the location of the Champions League final after United and Chelsea got through though?

The planning and preparation had already been done, and unfortunately they can't move it no matter how much sense it makes to the two sets of fans. There will have been the odd few who may have booked hotels in Moscow after reaching the semis, chancing heir luck at getting through.

And I for one, would not be happy about having to go to the Council House for a Playoff final.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Saturdays game on 19:55 - Jan 21 with 2146 viewsSalwaDale

Saturdays game on 19:51 - Jan 21 by ChaffRAFC

And I for one, would not be happy about having to go to the Council House for a Playoff final.

And I for another would not be happy with the leg room afforded at Old Trafford.

#Balance

TBBT

Saturdays game on 20:22 - Jan 21 with 2085 viewspioneer

Didn't need a visa - Russian authorities accepted a match ticket and return flight details as sufficient.

Not sure the British authorities would have been as flexible.
Saturdays game on 08:52 - Jan 22 with 1973 viewsDorsetDale

Saturdays game on 17:31 - Jan 21 by fermin

Opposite for me about Wembley. Miles away from the pitch on the top level in a two-thirds empty ground was not what I imagined promotion would be like. Also I was on the same side as the trophy presentation, so even if we had won I wouldn't have seen Gary Jones lift the trophy. For me feeling so detached from what was going on would have been a bit of an anticlimax from what I always imagined getting promotion would be like (not saying I didn't want us to win, obviously). Perhaps I would have felt differently if we were a club that had regularly played at big stadia and been able to almost fill the ground together with our opponents. But that's not us, as we all know.

However, wInning it at Spotland with a pitch invasion, chairing the players off the pitch etc then going down the Cemetery for the evening was much more like it. It felt much more of an experience, more communal, more intimate. Perhaps I am just a bit sentimental!. Winning it at somewhere like Torquay (as we could have done) with hundreds of Dale fans going mental on the packed terrace would have been a similar experience too and for me also much better than Wembley.

I am happy that I have seen Dale play at Wembley, but having been there, I am really not bothered about going back again unless it's the only way to get promotion.

Still annoyed that we handed the title on a plate to Notts County. For this reason the end of that season was a bit of damp squib after the euphoria of the Northampton game. Seems odd to say that about our promotion season, but that's how I felt.

Other than the position of my seat at Wembley, which was pretty good, I agree with every word of this. I think Col mentioned a while ago that weekend in Torquay was so good, had we won, some may never have made it back alive!! It being my birthday, I may well have been one of 'em!
And the celebrations at the cem were well worth dismissing my lift and hitching home the next day.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Saturdays game on 11:51 - Jan 22 with 1875 viewsklmblue

the play off's have to b played at wemberly as the fa are in so much debt .the shit hole has to b payed for by somebody

up the dale and down with a Amstel hmmm lekker

Saturdays game on 19:54 - Jan 22 with 1733 viewsYouTubeDale

We're gonna hit them with a left, then hit them with a right, put one through the middle...

Hendo, Hogan, Vincenti and Allen...

Saturdays game on 14:50 - Jan 23 with 1557 viewsYouTubeDale

I couldn't get in the Dale Bar last time we played Sheff W, so I went to Studds which was also full. Ended up watching Rooney's bicycle kick goal V City in the tea area. All I wanted was 2 pints of larger and a packet of crisps...

[Post edited 23 Jan 2014 14:51]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024