Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror 01:47 - Mar 10 with 5682 viewsHollowayRanger

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/charlton-boss-chris-powell-qpr-32233

gotta be joking

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 03:41 - Mar 10 with 4210 viewsRangersAreBack

Mmmmm. Let's go the whole hog and bring in Paul Hart as DoF.
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 04:33 - Mar 10 with 4196 viewstimcocking

?!
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 07:48 - Mar 10 with 4055 viewsLowerloftLad

And just in case I don't see you again- good morning good evening and good night

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 10:45 - Mar 10 with 3763 viewsTonto

I also notices that that page linked to another story "the top 44 websites to buy lingerie". First why 44? its not exactly a round number... And then why so many? not even the most avid lingerie perchaser would try and visit/compare all 44 before buying? Surley the top 5 or 10 is enough?

Oh and as for the footy thing - no thanks

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 10:57 - Mar 10 with 3744 viewsdaveB

I quite like Chris Powell but not a chance we'll be in for him
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 10:57 - Mar 10 with 3744 viewstoboboly

Can't wait to see him here, pushing us on with legendary players like Ben Hamer, Reza Ghoochanneijhad and Simon Church.

I think I just had a sex wee.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 11:05 - Mar 10 with 3731 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yeah we should be going for Guus Hiddink.

People here need to get real. Powell's done a very good job there on no money at all. He's exactly the sort of young, hungry coach who we need, someone who has done well in the lower leagues, someone who would really want the job, someone who will be willing to build our club from the ground up. Just because things aren't going amazingly for Charlton this season, let's not get all uppity, eh? QPR fan, too, I believe.

Bare bones.

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 11:29 - Mar 10 with 3699 viewsRangersAreBack

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 11:05 - Mar 10 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah we should be going for Guus Hiddink.

People here need to get real. Powell's done a very good job there on no money at all. He's exactly the sort of young, hungry coach who we need, someone who has done well in the lower leagues, someone who would really want the job, someone who will be willing to build our club from the ground up. Just because things aren't going amazingly for Charlton this season, let's not get all uppity, eh? QPR fan, too, I believe.

Charlton are currently bottom of the championship (albeit with games in hand), a fact hard to ignore. If it's young, hungry managers we're after, there are better candidates available.
Login to get fewer ads

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 11:45 - Mar 10 with 3661 viewsBluce_Ree

This is nonsense. Complete nonsense.

If it did happen though, QPR can go f**k themselves.

I'm not usually that precious about this sort of thing but taking the bottom team's manager? That's a step too far.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 13:53 - Mar 10 with 3493 views08olesen

Laudrup is the way forward. His style of game suits the premier league, and hes young and willing to bring in youth talent. Plus he gets a few bargains in the Spanish league too.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 13:56 - Mar 10 with 3485 viewsdaveB

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 11:45 - Mar 10 by Bluce_Ree

This is nonsense. Complete nonsense.

If it did happen though, QPR can go f**k themselves.

I'm not usually that precious about this sort of thing but taking the bottom team's manager? That's a step too far.

A bit harsh, if we get a new manager in I'd be looking at what they are good and bad at rather than the league position. He's done a good job at Charlton but on that budget he's always going to be in a relegation battle and they'll probably still stay up with those games in hand
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 14:29 - Mar 10 with 3439 viewsDiscodroid

imho, powell would be the perfect appointment if we are to change management ,which seems likely at the end of the season.

adroit,hungry, a knowledge of the lower leagues and has represented his country at the highest level playing for a 'smaller club'indicating drive , ambition and loyalty.

an engaging manner with press and fans , the perfect anti hughes/redknapp type of old skool appointment , with their cliches and tired old soundbites.
a refreshing alternative to the bitter medicine thats been adminsterd by the qpr board since niel's sacking.

a progressive appointment, in many areas,and one which i can only applaud.

Powell can be our father damien karras ,exorcising the evil spirits of greed,short term thinking and mercenary ectoplasm from w12 ,that has alienated so many fans over the last 2/3 years.

he would have been my first choice replacement before i read the above article.

would be an incredible asset to building a long term and prosperous QPR.

go for it tony!!

ps if we go for someone like laudraup or similar , we really have learned f uck all from the last few seasons.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2014 15:53]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 14:48 - Mar 10 with 3381 viewsAntti_Heinola

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 13:53 - Mar 10 by 08olesen

Laudrup is the way forward. His style of game suits the premier league, and hes young and willing to bring in youth talent. Plus he gets a few bargains in the Spanish league too.

Olesen, I like your posts, but you need a huge reality check. Laudrup is not coming to our club and is far from the man we need. What we need is a bit of longevity - something he simply never offers any club.

Bare bones.

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 15:00 - Mar 10 with 3362 viewsTHEBUSH

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 13:56 - Mar 10 by daveB

A bit harsh, if we get a new manager in I'd be looking at what they are good and bad at rather than the league position. He's done a good job at Charlton but on that budget he's always going to be in a relegation battle and they'll probably still stay up with those games in hand

Didn't he also get Charlton promoted in 2011/12 season, not bad on a tight budget !!
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 15:26 - Mar 10 with 3306 views08olesen

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 14:48 - Mar 10 by Antti_Heinola

Olesen, I like your posts, but you need a huge reality check. Laudrup is not coming to our club and is far from the man we need. What we need is a bit of longevity - something he simply never offers any club.

I think if you said that we would get Harry Redknapp 2 years ago, we would have all said we need a reality check. Swansea is hardly the Nou Camp yet he went there.

I dont see why we are more likely to get Malky or Clarke than him. I disagree with you about him being a long term appointment, i dont see why he cant be. He got sacked from Swansea remember that!

There is an argument to say that we should bring in a lower league manager and work our way up, but i think if we do go up the last thing we want is chris powell jumping in at the deep end, with no premier league experience. At least clarke has experience managing at the highest level with the scum.

One of the reasons why Hull has done so well this season is because they had a manager who has experienced the Prem, Powell hasnt.

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 15:38 - Mar 10 with 3286 viewsdaveB

I don't know why we'd want Laudrup, another manager who would see us as a step down
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 15:57 - Mar 10 with 3244 viewsAntti_Heinola

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 15:38 - Mar 10 by daveB

I don't know why we'd want Laudrup, another manager who would see us as a step down

Exactly dave. Olesen, Redknapp didn't have a queue of decent European clubs looking to hire him. In fact, he had no one looking to hire him, except Ukraine, ahem.
Laudrup could get a job pretty much wherever he wants. Yes, he was a coup for Swansea no doubt, but I just can't see him having any interest in QPR.

Bare bones.

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 15:57 - Mar 10 with 3239 viewsWeaverQPR

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 15:38 - Mar 10 by daveB

Exactly, this is the trend we need to stop with players and managers.

@WeavQPR

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 15:59 - Mar 10 with 3236 viewsTacticalR

There's also the mystery of why Laudrup was sacked, which presumably will come out if there is a compensation case.

Too many trips to Paris if the Metro is to be believed
http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/05/swansea-city-sacked-michael-laudrup-for-taking-too

Can't imagine what Paris has that Swansea doesn't.

Air hostess clique

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 16:20 - Mar 10 with 3214 views08olesen

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 15:57 - Mar 10 by Antti_Heinola

Exactly dave. Olesen, Redknapp didn't have a queue of decent European clubs looking to hire him. In fact, he had no one looking to hire him, except Ukraine, ahem.
Laudrup could get a job pretty much wherever he wants. Yes, he was a coup for Swansea no doubt, but I just can't see him having any interest in QPR.

Each to their own i guess. Im sure Harry would have got a job if he waited a while longer. Even if we dont see it, most football fans in England would put him up there in terms of best English managers.

I just think signing powell or Karl Robinson would be a disaster if we were in the priemier league due to lack of experience, and a good signing in the championship. As we realized there is a big step up in the premier league and this decision should not be taken lightly.

Most of all, i just want to see the R's playing nice football and that is why i am fond of Laudrup because i believe that he got swansea playing good successful football and has been influenced by some of the best managers and clubs in the world in the shape of Ajax and Barcelona, and why i dont profess that we will become them, i see parts of their game like trusting in youth and that style of play, that would make a solid basis for our long term plan. I also like his eye for talent, our main problem has been signing players for the name, he seems to avoid that and trust in players ability instead. This is needed if we are to cut that debt we have

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 16:22 - Mar 10 with 3211 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 16:20 - Mar 10 by 08olesen

Each to their own i guess. Im sure Harry would have got a job if he waited a while longer. Even if we dont see it, most football fans in England would put him up there in terms of best English managers.

I just think signing powell or Karl Robinson would be a disaster if we were in the priemier league due to lack of experience, and a good signing in the championship. As we realized there is a big step up in the premier league and this decision should not be taken lightly.

Most of all, i just want to see the R's playing nice football and that is why i am fond of Laudrup because i believe that he got swansea playing good successful football and has been influenced by some of the best managers and clubs in the world in the shape of Ajax and Barcelona, and why i dont profess that we will become them, i see parts of their game like trusting in youth and that style of play, that would make a solid basis for our long term plan. I also like his eye for talent, our main problem has been signing players for the name, he seems to avoid that and trust in players ability instead. This is needed if we are to cut that debt we have

All very legitimate, Olesen.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 16:29 - Mar 10 with 3199 viewsBklynRanger

It's quite possible that TF is putting together two different lists of managers - one for if we go up and one for if we don't.

For the 'Not Promoted' list he'll look for managers who have got teams promoted, know the Championship, can work with a limited budget, plenty of passion etc etc

For the 'Promoted' list he'll just do a bit of googling while he's on the bog.
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 16:32 - Mar 10 with 3190 viewsdaveB

thing is someone like Powell or Robinson is only going to come in if we don't go up, I'd agree if we go up and bring in Powell that is pretty ridiculous.

Personally I would fully expect Rangers to go for a big name when Redknapp goes, someone like Zola
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 16:45 - Mar 10 with 3163 viewsSpiritofGregory

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 16:32 - Mar 10 by daveB

thing is someone like Powell or Robinson is only going to come in if we don't go up, I'd agree if we go up and bring in Powell that is pretty ridiculous.

Personally I would fully expect Rangers to go for a big name when Redknapp goes, someone like Zola

Is Zola a big name? What has he won?

Powell is not good enough.
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 16:53 - Mar 10 with 3141 viewswood_hoop

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 15:57 - Mar 10 by WeaverQPR

Exactly, this is the trend we need to stop with players and managers.

I am no mystic so cannot predict the future, you would like to think that TF will be looking into a replacement for Rednapp now if all the rumours are true about his health being an issue, whether getting promotion or not.

This gives around three months to sound out those on a short list, I am just not sure whether an experienced Prem manager is a necesity, the lower half of the Prem is not much better than the Championship and whoever goes up in reality is looking to be among the best of the lower half than challenging for a Champs League place, experience fighting against a relagation place may be more of a relevance than one with experience of the heady heights of battling for silverware.

Powell I would not be against, maybe not quite the high profile name TF would have gone for in the past but enough about him to think he could be just what we need, TF would I think be interviewing candidates and would depend on just who wants the job, he sets the criteria and judging by his past appointments I have no idea just what he would be looking for in a manager this time round, matters not anyway, he pulls the purse strings so whoever it is aint in for an easy ride, the squad is poor whatever division we are in, so depends on where we end up this one as to just what would be expected of any new manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024