Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror 01:47 - Mar 10 with 5687 viewsHollowayRanger

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/charlton-boss-chris-powell-qpr-32233

gotta be joking

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 17:24 - Mar 10 with 1456 viewsPunteR

Young English manager,what's not to like!
Not sure what his football philosophy is but i agree that having a manager that would view QPR as a step up is a step in the right direction.
Only been in management 4 years and has got a promotion on his CV. He's played top level football as well.
I personally wouldn't put this down as a bad appointment, it would actually make a refreshing change. Steve Gallen as his No2. Start rebuilding QPR.
If we don't get promoted.
If we get promoted, hows about Tim Sherwood and Sir Les? He probably wont be at spurs next season.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 18:42 - Mar 10 with 1426 viewsCamberleyR

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 14:48 - Mar 10 by Antti_Heinola

Olesen, I like your posts, but you need a huge reality check. Laudrup is not coming to our club and is far from the man we need. What we need is a bit of longevity - something he simply never offers any club.

Laudrup would also come with baggage, namely his agent Bayram Tutumulu. Shades of Hughesless and Joorabchian again.

And in reply to some earlier posts would appointing Powell be any different from when we appointed Holloway? At the time that may have seemed a strange appointment coming as he had off of a sacking at Bristol Rovers who were in the lower half of the table in the division below, although he did have playing history with us.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 22:02 - Mar 10 with 1378 viewsHollowayRanger

dont want anymore ex chelskis as manager they always start will 10-25% of fans waiting to boo them the moment we start losing

powell no thank you if we have to go that low then we should forget about any dreams we have and a new stadium

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 04:14 - Mar 11 with 1341 viewstimcocking

I haven't paid incredibly close attention to Chris Powell, but Charlton are down the bottom and justly so as far as i can see. They lacked any ambition in the two matches against us and have been p!ss poor all year. There are about 1 billion managers to choose from.
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 07:42 - Mar 11 with 1300 viewsDesertBoot

Well he's available now as he was sacked last night.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 08:22 - Mar 11 with 1278 viewsCHUBBS

Really like Chris Powell as a person,but i also really liked Ray Harford and he was far more successful than Powell.
If the rumours are true and he's been sacked then he can only blame himself as he just hasn't been good enough.
I thought the way he set them up against us was poor and it was only our lack of confidence that stopped us winning easily.
No thanks.
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 08:58 - Mar 11 with 1260 viewseghamranger

Rumour has it he has been sacked this morning. So if he is in the stands at Brighton tonight I would massively panic!!!!
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 09:07 - Mar 11 with 1250 viewssimmo

So Powell is sacked - Catch him on the Goals on Sunday sofa soon.

We will also hear from Sol Campbell any minute...
[Post edited 11 Mar 2014 9:07]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 09:42 - Mar 11 with 1212 viewsdanehoop

Charlton supporting mate reckoned Powell sacking was fairly imminent. He reckoned he has been a goodish manager for them and will always be a club favourite. But, the view was at he had seemed to have lost his way a bit this season and was tending to rely on picking his favourite, rather than form players. That had cost them a lot of points and performances were not good compared to previous years. The new owner and new signings had become problematic, particularly with loss of aging players that CP rated, even though injuries and performance declines indicated it probably was best to get them off the books.

His reaction at the supposed interest in CP for the QPR job was to laugh. Nice guy, good lower league manager, but not yet quite stepping up to the next level was his more reasoned comment, even allowing for dire financial circumstances at the Valley he probably could have done better.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2014 10:05]

Never knowingly understood

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 09:56 - Mar 11 with 1199 viewsWestActon

Sacked because he would not play the players that the new owners brought in by all accounts, where do we know that from????

Rumoured to have been replaced by Standard Liege former manager where the owners keep getting their players from. All very odd and unfair on him
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 10:00 - Mar 11 with 1191 viewsWeaverQPR

Every manager gets the sack at some point, doesnt nessasary make them a bad manager.

@WeavQPR

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 10:04 - Mar 11 with 1182 viewsCHUBBS

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 09:56 - Mar 11 by WestActon

Sacked because he would not play the players that the new owners brought in by all accounts, where do we know that from????

Rumoured to have been replaced by Standard Liege former manager where the owners keep getting their players from. All very odd and unfair on him

No,i think the real reason is they're in 24th place.
If they were half way up that table,i doubt they'd care who he'd played.
The new owners are in it to turn a profit so relegation is not on they're agenda.
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 10:47 - Mar 11 with 1147 viewsdaveB

just been sacked, I don't think there is anything in him coming here at all just paper talk but a shame he's been sacked, I thought he did ok at Charlton
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 11:36 - Mar 11 with 1106 viewsRangersAreBack

Disagree. He may come across as a nice chap but results don't lie. They are bottom of the table for a reason. CP has not done anywhere near enough to warrant taking over the reins of a club with real ambition of making the Premier League.
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 11:42 - Mar 11 with 1099 viewsTheChef

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 16:45 - Mar 10 by SpiritofGregory

Is Zola a big name? What has he won?

Powell is not good enough.

Or - what have QPR won?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 13:11 - Mar 11 with 1014 viewsrobith

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 13:53 - Mar 10 by 08olesen

Laudrup is the way forward. His style of game suits the premier league, and hes young and willing to bring in youth talent. Plus he gets a few bargains in the Spanish league too.

Aside from his first stint at Brondby, Laudrup hasn't remained in a managerial role for longer than 2 years his whole career. Another short term appointment
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 14:03 - Mar 11 with 971 views08olesen

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 13:11 - Mar 11 by robith

Aside from his first stint at Brondby, Laudrup hasn't remained in a managerial role for longer than 2 years his whole career. Another short term appointment

As i said before, everyone is entitled to their opinion. My view is that bringing in a manager who was just been sacked from a team at the bottom of the league would hardly shout premier league stability.

Persoanlly i think the best manager we could have got was martinez, and i have said that all along. His loyalty and style should be something we try to look for in a manager.

Now that he is not available laudrup just seems like a positive move, he doesnt need to spend the earth to compete and that is vital.

i agree with the other poster on this forum about Thomas tuchel. He has been at the same club in germany since 2009 and is sitting in 7th in a good league. He has a low budget and again supports youth.

I am not saying Laudrup is the messiah, he is just a good option.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 14:53 - Mar 11 with 942 viewsWeaverQPR

I think Laudrup will be aiming higher than QPR.

@WeavQPR

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 15:29 - Mar 11 with 921 viewsSimonJames

If you're looking at Championship managers, why not talk Steve McClaren into coming back (assuming they don't win the play offs)?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 18:06 - Mar 11 with 880 viewsrobith

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 14:03 - Mar 11 by 08olesen

As i said before, everyone is entitled to their opinion. My view is that bringing in a manager who was just been sacked from a team at the bottom of the league would hardly shout premier league stability.

Persoanlly i think the best manager we could have got was martinez, and i have said that all along. His loyalty and style should be something we try to look for in a manager.

Now that he is not available laudrup just seems like a positive move, he doesnt need to spend the earth to compete and that is vital.

i agree with the other poster on this forum about Thomas tuchel. He has been at the same club in germany since 2009 and is sitting in 7th in a good league. He has a low budget and again supports youth.

I am not saying Laudrup is the messiah, he is just a good option.

Wasn't having a go chap, just that if we want to build for the future, personally I don't think Laudrup is the answer as his record shows he'll be off in 2 years
Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 18:07 - Mar 11 with 880 viewsPunteR

Didn't Brendan Rodgers get sacked as a championship manager when Reading wasn't doing to well. He hasn't done to bad since.
I'm not saying Powell is the next Mourinioh but he's a young manager learning and still to find the right club for him.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 18:15 - Mar 11 with 876 views08olesen

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 18:06 - Mar 11 by robith

Wasn't having a go chap, just that if we want to build for the future, personally I don't think Laudrup is the answer as his record shows he'll be off in 2 years

yer dont worry i didnt think you were. Just sometimes people get a bit tetchy on here, and at the end of the day we are only saying what we personally think, so there is no right or wrong answer.......unless anyone is advocating Avram Grant! Then they need their head examining.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 18:35 - Mar 11 with 869 viewsRS44

Qpr's next manager so says the mirror on 14:29 - Mar 10 by Discodroid

imho, powell would be the perfect appointment if we are to change management ,which seems likely at the end of the season.

adroit,hungry, a knowledge of the lower leagues and has represented his country at the highest level playing for a 'smaller club'indicating drive , ambition and loyalty.

an engaging manner with press and fans , the perfect anti hughes/redknapp type of old skool appointment , with their cliches and tired old soundbites.
a refreshing alternative to the bitter medicine thats been adminsterd by the qpr board since niel's sacking.

a progressive appointment, in many areas,and one which i can only applaud.

Powell can be our father damien karras ,exorcising the evil spirits of greed,short term thinking and mercenary ectoplasm from w12 ,that has alienated so many fans over the last 2/3 years.

he would have been my first choice replacement before i read the above article.

would be an incredible asset to building a long term and prosperous QPR.

go for it tony!!

ps if we go for someone like laudraup or similar , we really have learned f uck all from the last few seasons.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2014 15:53]

Can't believe people are calling for Laudrup. All he'd see us as is a stepping stone. As soon as someone came knocking he's be gone in a shot.

I like Powell. He's done well in a so far short career. Some managers take years before achieving a promotion, yet he's already got one under his belt. He was a pretty decent player, and comes across as a decent bloke.

I'd much rather someone like Powell than Laudrup or some other money grabbing toe rag.

Just for the record, I want Arry to stay, but would like someone like Powell for when Arry eventually leaves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024