Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull Tigers Fan Poll 07:17 - Apr 8 with 1605 viewsWeaverQPR

The votes are in favour of a name change as they are more concerned that Allam will fk off rather!!!!!
Out of the 15000 season ticket holder who could vote only 5000 bothered!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26921004

Id certainly hope if TF tried something similar more people would stand up and object. 10k didnt vote? Rugby Town.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2014 7:22]

@WeavQPR

Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 08:02 - Apr 8 with 1568 viewsToast_R

I heard the official poll questions were along the lines of

Hull Tigers with the the Alam Families leading the club

or

No to Hull Tigers

Right out of the Putin book of referendums. Pretty meaningless anyway as he's only conducted this in the hope it might swing it with the FA. For once the FA need to show some common sense.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2014 8:06]
Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 08:14 - Apr 8 with 1553 viewsbosh67

Amazing poll.

I think we should be able to vote on the latin script under our new club badge.

My vote goes to

num sub convallis = eternal under achievers

over

XL annorum, de hoc tantum cruenta = 40 bloody years of this so far.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 08:57 - Apr 8 with 1500 viewsToast_R

Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 08:14 - Apr 8 by bosh67

Amazing poll.

I think we should be able to vote on the latin script under our new club badge.

My vote goes to

num sub convallis = eternal under achievers

over

XL annorum, de hoc tantum cruenta = 40 bloody years of this so far.

Surely "suus spes ut iuguolo vos"

It's hope that kills you...
Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 09:00 - Apr 8 with 1494 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 08:57 - Apr 8 by Toast_R

Surely "suus spes ut iuguolo vos"

It's hope that kills you...

That's it! I was going to think of my own and go to Google Translate, but there's no bettering that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 09:07 - Apr 8 with 1469 viewsak68

'et gloriam spei per experientiam' or 'the triumph of hope over experience' which fits well with St Jude being the saint of lost causes
Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 12:31 - Apr 8 with 1365 viewsTacticalR

Allam has put a gun to the head of the fans by threatening a fifty percent increase in season ticket prices if the name change does not go through:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/20/hull-city-50-per-cent-season-tic

The majority of fans know the poll is a sham and haven't voted, and I doubt if anyone who has voted for the change actually wants it.

This is a crude example of how democracy is completely meaningless within capitalist society when the rich control the purse-strings, and the 'voters' are simply asked to approve the decisions of the rich.

Air hostess clique

Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 13:06 - Apr 8 with 1318 viewsJuzzie

A bit like dear Ken Livingston making himself out to be a man of the people by giving them referendums in London and not under any legal obligation to act out the results, which he didn't do anyway.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2014 13:09]
Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 18:48 - Apr 8 with 1210 viewsIngham

I must have missed an ulterior motive here. Did they really threaten to put the ticket prices up?

Maybe that's the motive. Drum up sufficient opposition to justify a 50% price increase.

People running football clubs do new ways of stupid every day, and these clowns are no exception.

Why Tigers, though? They're already known as the Tigers anyway. Why not something more imaginative like Bacteria.

Football is so easy that they have time to waste on this rubbish?
Login to get fewer ads

Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 18:56 - Apr 8 with 1194 viewsTheBlob

We're not going down the RL route where every side has a f*cking nickname?
So the South Africa connection would earn us Queen's Park Wildebeests?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 16:41 - Apr 9 with 1133 viewshoopstilidie

Hull City's proposed name change to Hull Tigers has been rejected by the Football Association Council.
The Council's decision - carried by a 63.5% vote of its members - followed the recommendation of the governing body's membership committee.
Fans' group City Till We Die said it was "delighted" with the decision.
Hull history
Formed in 1904, they first wore black and amber shirts for their maiden Football League campaign the following year. They moved to present ground, shared with Hull FC rugby league club, in 2002, after 56 years at Boothferry Park.
Owner Assem Allam, 74, who has threatened to sell if he is not allowed to change the 110-year-old name, says he will appeal against the decision.
"If it had been the other way round, if the FA had approved it but the fans had said no, I would have severed my ties with the club immediately," Allam, who took charge of the club in in December 2010, told BBC Sport.
"But the results mean I owe it to the silent majority to appeal and to fight on.
"For now what is important is what happens on the field. We want to finish as high as we possibly can in the league, and the FA Cup gives us the possibility of getting into Europe."
Allam believes the 'Tigers' name would make the club more marketable, and says he considers the word City to be "lousy" and "common".
On Monday, City season card holders had narrowly voted in favour of the name-change plan. But responding to the FA Council decision, City Till We Die said: "We are very pleased that the FA has recognised the importance of the historic name of Hull City AFC to the fans and the wider community of Hull.
Egypt-born businessman Allam announced in August that the name of the business that runs the club had been changed to Hull City Tigers.
In December, the club applied to the FA to change its playing name to Hull Tigers from next season.
Allam, who moved to Hull in 1968, is credited with rescuing the club from administration, with his son Ehab, City's vice-chairman, saying this month that his family had put £74m into the club.
Last season, Allam oversaw promotion to the top flight for only the second time in the club's history. They are currently 12th in the Premier League and will reach their first ever FA Cup final if they beat League One side Sheffield United on Sunday - their first semi-final since 1930.
The team's "Tigers" nickname is thought to have been coined by a Hull Daily Mail reporter in 1905, in reference to the club's black and amber kit.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 16:44 - Apr 9 with 1124 viewsJuzzie

Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 18:56 - Apr 8 by TheBlob

We're not going down the RL route where every side has a f*cking nickname?
So the South Africa connection would earn us Queen's Park Wildebeests?

A lot of Football clubs have an animal name as their nickname, just not as the official club name.

I'm sure Hull fans are happy be called the Tigers as a nickname (same way as owls, robins, lions, throstles, wombles etc for those repsective clubs), just not as the official club name.
Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 17:01 - Apr 9 with 1094 viewsPunteR

Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 16:44 - Apr 9 by Juzzie

A lot of Football clubs have an animal name as their nickname, just not as the official club name.

I'm sure Hull fans are happy be called the Tigers as a nickname (same way as owls, robins, lions, throstles, wombles etc for those repsective clubs), just not as the official club name.

Wombles are real animals?!!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 17:05 - Apr 9 with 1088 viewsJuzzie

Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 17:01 - Apr 9 by PunteR

Wombles are real animals?!!

lol! I was wondering how quick that would get picked up
Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 17:12 - Apr 9 with 1072 viewsPunteR

Hull Tigers Fan Poll on 17:05 - Apr 9 by Juzzie

lol! I was wondering how quick that would get picked up

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024