Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Came across this rant from a few years back 14:18 - Apr 24 with 9158 viewsjeffro

Fck knows who wrote it but its genius:

I take more pleasure in seeing Chelsea lose than I do in seeing QPR
win at the moment.

I sat through so many matches when we were absolute dogs**t under the
likes of Ray Harford and with people like Paul Bruce, Matthew Brazier
and Mark Perry in the squad and I never felt like this.

The club isn't ours anymore but moreso than that - football is just
properly gash these days.

I mean really gash.

football generally.

I hate nearly everything about it these days....

I hate the Prem and the myth that it is exciting this year. Man City
breaking into the top four isn't exciting. They spent loads of
money.It's no more exciting that Nameless C*** getting to number 1 in
the charts after winning the X-Factor.

I hate the myth of Arsene's kids. Buying some French kid when he's
17,playing him in the League Cup and then selling him when he's 20
after about 3 appearances in the league is NOTHING SPECIAL.

I hate hearing about Liverpool/Man Utd's debt but nothing ever
happening about it. A club needs to go to the wall for the money
thing to change but it doesn't happen. Why the **** are Charlton,
Leeds and Southampton still in business?

I hate Frank Lampard's stupid f'ing face. I hate that Joe Cole's
tongue is never in his mouth, the downsy spacker. I hate John Terry
being England captain when he's CLEARLY AN OAF.

I hate the England team.

I hate young exciting wingers who have nothing but pace. Tony Scully
had nothing but pace.

I hate the FA Cup. There may be little shocks like last night but for
the most part you know who's going to win it. Unless a team throws
away all their financial security to win it a la Pompey.

I hate Harry f'ing Redknapp. And Jamie Redknapp. And Louise Redknapp.
And the Wii.

I hate James Nesbitt, Eammon Holmes and f***ing everyone.

I hate Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer.

I hate Garth Crooks.

I hate Garth Brooks for that matter.

I hate Sky Sports.

I hate that when a lower league player beats 10 players and chips the
keeper it doesn't matter but if Rooney scores from more than 20 yards
it's amazing.

I hate that everything football related has to have 'Club Foot'
playing behind it.

I hate that female sports journos are now mandatory.

I hate Mark Lawrensen for not coming out. 'I do like a big man at the
back'. I bet you do.

I hate any advert that portrays football to be about anything other
than pain and disappointment.

I hate any advert that mentions pies at football.

I hate Lee Hughes and the fact that he makes a living from the game.
I hate Marlon King and any team that signs him when he gets out. I
hate that it'll probably be us.

I hate Phil Brown.

I hate 'well the ball is a lot lighter now and will cause goalkeepers
real problems this summer' before EVERY F'ING TOURNAMENT.

I hate that Kieron Dyer earned more in the time I took to write this
post than I'll earn this month.

I hate Adrian Durham, Ian Wright and Alan Brazil.

I hate Gazza. Either die or shut up. Stop f'ing lingering.

I hate hearing about Hillsborough more than I hear about Heysel or
Bradford.

I hate that a comeback from 4-0 down at half time (TWICE) means
nothing because we aren't f'ing scouse.

I hate Leeds.

I hate Roy Keane.

I hate grown men wearing football shirts of their team whilst
shopping on a saturday when their team is playing at home.

I hate that I don't hate Roy Hodgson.

I hate Jermaine Beckford and any player who has neck tattoos.

I hate songs being inappropriately taken as club anthems and then
sungin a manly way. 'I'm forever blowing bubbles....'. Gaylords.

I hate Danny Dyer and anyone he's ever interviewed.

I hate the book 'Cass' by Cass Pennant. It is honestly the stupidest
thing I've ever read. Chapter 1: Millwall. 'Yeah we took 50 to
Millwall. They had 1000 in their mob but we ran 'em up and down the
street'. Chapter 2: Liverpool. 'Yeah we took 50 to Liverpool. They
had2000 in their mob but we ran 'em up and down the street'. Fk me...
Jade Goody's autobiography is probably better. Even her non-ghost
written one.

I hate that all good youngsters end their careers at Spurs before
they start.
Came across this rant from a few years back on 09:20 - Apr 25 with 1657 viewsscot1963

Came across this rant from a few years back on 09:16 - Apr 25 by Discodroid

have nothing to do with that strange fruit at work scotty !..a qpr top!! ...he is obviously the 'zodiac' serial killer and collects pictures of niko krancjr , crudely superimposed with pritt stick over renaissance works of art ....after your've discussed simon stainrods hairstlye circa 1982...what else is left to discuss.

does you good to cut loose every now and again though !!!
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 9:18]

ha - he does look a bit like someone who could kill, if there is such a look - I put it down to supporting QPR
Came across this rant from a few years back on 09:26 - Apr 25 with 1644 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Came across this rant from a few years back on 09:16 - Apr 25 by Discodroid

have nothing to do with that strange fruit at work scotty !..a qpr top!! ...he is obviously the 'zodiac' serial killer and collects pictures of niko krancjr , crudely superimposed with pritt stick over renaissance works of art ....after your've discussed simon stainrods hairstlye circa 1982...what else is left to discuss.

does you good to cut loose every now and again though !!!
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 9:18]

I saw a fellow R on the street in Skerries Village, Co. Dublin last night. He was walking along minding his own business, but of course I picked out his Rangers jacket from way up the road as I walked towards him.

As we passed each other, I gave him a brief 'You R's' whereupon he turned around and squared up to me.

He calmed down when I informed him that The R's was the nickname of his new club, and that I hadn't been inappropriately referring to his anatomy.

He was slightly mental. He'll fit in nicely.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 9:27]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Came across this rant from a few years back on 09:27 - Apr 25 with 1634 viewsNathanNI

Came across this rant from a few years back on 09:19 - Apr 25 by BrianMcCarthy

It's context. I didn't find it offensive, and those words can set me off if I feel there's malice behind the, as I had a kid sister who died young due to disabilities. There was no malice whatsoever in this.

This.
Came across this rant from a few years back on 09:30 - Apr 25 with 1625 viewsDiscodroid

Came across this rant from a few years back on 09:26 - Apr 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I saw a fellow R on the street in Skerries Village, Co. Dublin last night. He was walking along minding his own business, but of course I picked out his Rangers jacket from way up the road as I walked towards him.

As we passed each other, I gave him a brief 'You R's' whereupon he turned around and squared up to me.

He calmed down when I informed him that The R's was the nickname of his new club, and that I hadn't been inappropriately referring to his anatomy.

He was slightly mental. He'll fit in nicely.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 9:27]

lol !!

love our bri Mac..spreading the love!!!

as you say mate, another member on the ward , for our very own nurse ratched (clive)

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Came across this rant from a few years back on 10:13 - Apr 25 with 1604 viewstoboboly

It's context. I didn't find it offensive, and those words can set me off if I feel there's malice behind the, as I had a kid sister who died young due to disabilities. There was no malice whatsoever in this.

Sorry to hear of your loss Brian. I worked at a school only for children with disabilities when I was at uni. My mum would kill me if I were bigoted or racist etc. As you say context is everything. People seem to not be able to recognise context nowadays.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Came across this rant from a few years back on 10:22 - Apr 25 with 1595 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Came across this rant from a few years back on 10:13 - Apr 25 by toboboly

Sorry to hear of your loss Brian. I worked at a school only for children with disabilities when I was at uni. My mum would kill me if I were bigoted or racist etc. As you say context is everything. People seem to not be able to recognise context nowadays.

Thanks a million. It was a long time ago now, bless her.

Much appreciated.

Came across this rant from a few years back on 10:47 - Apr 25 with 1574 viewsPommyhoop

Exactly right Brian and fair play to you.
I posted a Derek n Clive clip a while back and felt I had to post a 'disclaimer' saying dont look if you are offended by jokes about cancer ,even tho I lost my Old man to the Big C 16 years ago.
What I mean is - society in general ,this board included seems to be too easily offended.these days.
I mean the way its going your last post which ended with this sentance
>>>>He was slightly mental. He'll fit in nicely.<<<<<
will 'offend' someone and be pulled up...
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 11:00]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Came across this rant from a few years back on 11:01 - Apr 25 with 1565 viewsrobith

Came across this rant from a few years back on 15:40 - Apr 24 by N12Hoop

Excellent stuff. One thing missing is the hatred for the bloke who looks incredulous and laughs at you whilst you have the following conversation:

Him: "So who do you support then?"
Me: QPR
Him (with that incredulous look on his face and a swallowed giggle) "why do you support them?".
Me: "We can't all be glory hunting fans can we because then there'd only be 3 or 4 teams. Who do you support? Arsenal, Spurs, Scum even?"
Him : "Man U" (or, if over 30 or so, "Liverpool").
Me: Oh is that where you're from originally?
Him: "Err No"
Me: "get to watch them much, what with living in London and all?"
Him: "never seen them play live but went on a stadium tour once"

These are the people I truly loathe

The worst thing, wait no, one of the many awful things about being in the prem was being goaded in the work place by other club's "fans" who hadn't even been in the same postcode as their team's ground.

A spurs fan I used to work with went to an early round Europa League early round game and he talked about it like he'd done the Haj
Login to get fewer ads

Came across this rant from a few years back on 11:12 - Apr 25 with 1554 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Came across this rant from a few years back on 10:47 - Apr 25 by Pommyhoop

I posted a Derek n Clive clip a while back and felt I had to post a 'disclaimer' saying dont look if you are offended by jokes about cancer ,even tho I lost my Old man to the Big C 16 years ago.
What I mean is - society in general ,this board included seems to be too easily offended.these days.

"I mean the way its going your last post which ended with this sentance
will 'offend' someone and be pulled up... "

I actually thought of that, and wondered. Then, as you sometimes have to, I thought "Fugg it".

Came across this rant from a few years back on 11:15 - Apr 25 with 1548 viewsPommyhoop

Came across this rant from a few years back on 11:12 - Apr 25 by BrianMcCarthy

"I mean the way its going your last post which ended with this sentance
will 'offend' someone and be pulled up... "

I actually thought of that, and wondered. Then, as you sometimes have to, I thought "Fugg it".

Nice work ...

Came across this rant from a few years back on 12:13 - Apr 25 with 1517 viewsjonno

Came across this rant from a few years back on 11:01 - Apr 25 by robith

The worst thing, wait no, one of the many awful things about being in the prem was being goaded in the work place by other club's "fans" who hadn't even been in the same postcode as their team's ground.

A spurs fan I used to work with went to an early round Europa League early round game and he talked about it like he'd done the Haj

I usually find that telling the office Man U or Liverpool fan that I've been to their home ground more often than they have usually shuts them up.
Came across this rant from a few years back on 12:48 - Apr 25 with 1490 viewsbarabajagal

"It's context." Is there not the possibilty that someone with Down's Syndrome, or other disabilities may read these comments which are on a well respected and usually excellent fans' website? There was no need for the term to be used, a dislike for Joe Cole can be communicated in better ways, which would not continue to lower the status of some of the most vulnerable people in society. Maybe the author is a decent guy (supports Queen's Park Rangers for a start) and with his apology, he is, at least in public, regretting the term's use. I'm sure the passage is just as funny without the term's use, and therefore, not required.

As for the stream of consciousness arguement. If the author took the trouble to censor words that he believes would cause offense (F***, C*** etc) then this was not a stream of consciousness, but at least in part, a considered insult that he wanted people to read. Furthermore, are we no longer responsible for our own use of language? I'm sure John Terry's racist attack on one of our players was a stream of consciousness too, but how quick we were to criticise his offensive use of unacceptable language, and rightly so.

What happens in a private conversation is between those people, but a blog/twitter/fans forum is in the public domain, and as a fan of our beloved club, and with a respect for all those who support it, regardless of race, nationality, sexuality and disability, I have challenged the use of a highly offensive term, and stand by that challenge. Incidenlty, so does the author, and I expect others do to.
Came across this rant from a few years back on 12:57 - Apr 25 with 1481 viewsAntti_Heinola

Came across this rant from a few years back on 10:47 - Apr 25 by Pommyhoop

Funny you should say that actually Pom, I was thinking about Derek & Clive in relation to this earlier today. I've listened to quite a lot of them recently and while some of it is incredible, a lot of it is pretty awful. I think that's a view generally shared even by the pair's biggest fans. I don't get very easily offended by stuff and in a way I think Derek & Clive are too ludicrous to be offended by and to be offended by them, in a way, misses the point. It's about those two shutting their eyes, blocking everything out, and just saying whatever they want, even though they knew how completely unacceptable it was at times. It's a form of liberation and is at times very funny.

At the same time, though, when people talk about context, I wonder how that works. In what 'context' - apart from in this discussion if you see what I mean - is 'downsy spacker' ok? On a public forum of a football club that has the magnificent Tiger Cubs? Is the 'context' people mention: 'ok if you're angry and just having a funny rant', rather than saying it maliciously to someone in particular as a direct insult? What about if it's in the heat of the moment? You know, because I'm pretty sure John Terry said what he said because he was angry and frustrated and was in the heat of the moment - it didn't make it any less despicable. Not to me, anyway.

I always worry about people talking about society being 'easily offended'. The attitude of, 'well it doesn't offend me, so you should lighten up' doesn't sit very well. My ex-girlfriend's father told me a story about when he emigrated here from India and worked on the railways where many of the English workers called all their Indian colleagues 'Fred' - it was just banter because they thought it was too complicated to learn their Indian names. On the face of it, you can see that the English probably meant no harm - like calling a Scot 'Jock'. But the other side of the coin is that in a sense it was showing disrespect and robbing those individuals of their identity - 'you're all brown, we'll call you all Fred'. The people who have stood up against this kind of thing are the ones that actually help society move on and become less discriminatory. Although, of course, some things can go too far.

I definitely felt uncomfortable reading parts of that rant - not offended as such, but certainly uncomfortable - Bluce himself gracefully accepted that parts of it are unpalatable. But then I also think there's a difference between what I might say in private to a close friend (a friend of mine occasionally says of someone in the public eye - 'he's got a touch of the Down's', for example, and I never pick him up on it, even though, again, I squirm a bit) and what I'd write on an open forum like this.

As usual, I suppose, it's not black and white!

Bare bones.

Came across this rant from a few years back on 12:58 - Apr 25 with 1477 viewsDiscodroid

Came across this rant from a few years back on 12:48 - Apr 25 by barabajagal

"It's context." Is there not the possibilty that someone with Down's Syndrome, or other disabilities may read these comments which are on a well respected and usually excellent fans' website? There was no need for the term to be used, a dislike for Joe Cole can be communicated in better ways, which would not continue to lower the status of some of the most vulnerable people in society. Maybe the author is a decent guy (supports Queen's Park Rangers for a start) and with his apology, he is, at least in public, regretting the term's use. I'm sure the passage is just as funny without the term's use, and therefore, not required.

As for the stream of consciousness arguement. If the author took the trouble to censor words that he believes would cause offense (F***, C*** etc) then this was not a stream of consciousness, but at least in part, a considered insult that he wanted people to read. Furthermore, are we no longer responsible for our own use of language? I'm sure John Terry's racist attack on one of our players was a stream of consciousness too, but how quick we were to criticise his offensive use of unacceptable language, and rightly so.

What happens in a private conversation is between those people, but a blog/twitter/fans forum is in the public domain, and as a fan of our beloved club, and with a respect for all those who support it, regardless of race, nationality, sexuality and disability, I have challenged the use of a highly offensive term, and stand by that challenge. Incidenlty, so does the author, and I expect others do to.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Came across this rant from a few years back on 13:07 - Apr 25 with 1466 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent post, and very well explained.

You are right, of course, as Bluce has accepted himself. I don't think there was malice there, which is why I didn't personally take offence, but that doesn't take away from any of the points you made.

Came across this rant from a few years back on 13:11 - Apr 25 with 1401 viewsBluce_Ree

When you've been on LFW as long as me, and are as sweary a tw*t as me, you can conciously stream swears while bypassing the swear filter trust me. I do that f**king shit all the f**king time without giving it a second f**king thought. If this site didn't have a swear filter I wouldn't censor. I'm just doing what it takes to get by.

I can't tell you what was going on when I wrote that particular sentence but if there's any hatred in it, it's aimed solely at Joe Cole's stupid face.

Again, sorry for the offence, yo!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Came across this rant from a few years back on 13:12 - Apr 25 with 1398 viewsTheBlob

Came across this rant from a few years back on 12:58 - Apr 25 by Discodroid

Yeah,you wish.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Came across this rant from a few years back on 13:13 - Apr 25 with 1399 viewstoboboly

What if someone with a disability read it and thought it was funny and didn't find it offensive?

The reason some words have to be concealed (swearwords) is down to the fact that you cannot type them as the post will be blocked.

You are within your rights to challenge things but others are well within their rights to challenge you back. For example were you even aware that this was posted originally around 4 years ago? Were you aware that it garnered no adverse reaction, even though it would have been seen by thousands of people from different clubs.

I don't know you and I don't know your situation but your post reminds me of the guy who never went to the football and denounced the Spurs fans for using the term "Yids" just because it allowed him to get an audience. Inspite of many people using the term being Jewish themselves.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Came across this rant from a few years back on 13:13 - Apr 25 with 1399 viewssimmo

Well I laughed.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Came across this rant from a few years back on 13:29 - Apr 25 with 1373 viewsPommyhoop

Came across this rant from a few years back on 12:57 - Apr 25 by Antti_Heinola

Funny you should say that actually Pom, I was thinking about Derek & Clive in relation to this earlier today. I've listened to quite a lot of them recently and while some of it is incredible, a lot of it is pretty awful. I think that's a view generally shared even by the pair's biggest fans. I don't get very easily offended by stuff and in a way I think Derek & Clive are too ludicrous to be offended by and to be offended by them, in a way, misses the point. It's about those two shutting their eyes, blocking everything out, and just saying whatever they want, even though they knew how completely unacceptable it was at times. It's a form of liberation and is at times very funny.

At the same time, though, when people talk about context, I wonder how that works. In what 'context' - apart from in this discussion if you see what I mean - is 'downsy spacker' ok? On a public forum of a football club that has the magnificent Tiger Cubs? Is the 'context' people mention: 'ok if you're angry and just having a funny rant', rather than saying it maliciously to someone in particular as a direct insult? What about if it's in the heat of the moment? You know, because I'm pretty sure John Terry said what he said because he was angry and frustrated and was in the heat of the moment - it didn't make it any less despicable. Not to me, anyway.

I always worry about people talking about society being 'easily offended'. The attitude of, 'well it doesn't offend me, so you should lighten up' doesn't sit very well. My ex-girlfriend's father told me a story about when he emigrated here from India and worked on the railways where many of the English workers called all their Indian colleagues 'Fred' - it was just banter because they thought it was too complicated to learn their Indian names. On the face of it, you can see that the English probably meant no harm - like calling a Scot 'Jock'. But the other side of the coin is that in a sense it was showing disrespect and robbing those individuals of their identity - 'you're all brown, we'll call you all Fred'. The people who have stood up against this kind of thing are the ones that actually help society move on and become less discriminatory. Although, of course, some things can go too far.

I definitely felt uncomfortable reading parts of that rant - not offended as such, but certainly uncomfortable - Bluce himself gracefully accepted that parts of it are unpalatable. But then I also think there's a difference between what I might say in private to a close friend (a friend of mine occasionally says of someone in the public eye - 'he's got a touch of the Down's', for example, and I never pick him up on it, even though, again, I squirm a bit) and what I'd write on an open forum like this.

As usual, I suppose, it's not black and white!

Fair enough ,its a personal thing I spose.Like how I didnt mind (and still dont ) being called a paddy growing up but my little sister hated it .Incidently my Old Man didnt mind it either and he was a full blown Paddy ,not a half breed like me. I spose we ended up 'owning' the insult much like the poofs ended up liking 'queer' or 'fag' and the blacks made the 'N' word their own. Completely different scenario if someone shouted in my face like John Terry did to Anton rather than posting the word on a message board.
(Not that I'd ever post the N word on any board .)

Came across this rant from a few years back on 13:29 - Apr 25 with 1372 viewsDiscodroid

Came across this rant from a few years back on 13:11 - Apr 25 by Bluce_Ree

When you've been on LFW as long as me, and are as sweary a tw*t as me, you can conciously stream swears while bypassing the swear filter trust me. I do that f**king shit all the f**king time without giving it a second f**king thought. If this site didn't have a swear filter I wouldn't censor. I'm just doing what it takes to get by.

I can't tell you what was going on when I wrote that particular sentence but if there's any hatred in it, it's aimed solely at Joe Cole's stupid face.

Again, sorry for the offence, yo!

thats alright mate.. ive entered, of my own volition, a 36 week long stint in rehab in a hippy comune in idaho...where i will undergo groundbreaking freegan enhanced regression therapy in a sensory depravation tank to combat the anguish you have put me and my ancestors through with your wife beating, mein kampf influenced post.. i feel violated.

please send me a hazel blears style mammoth chq , to cover said costs.

and i might not report your post as abuse to our very own cornel kurtz , clive,like some of the dasiy dukes on here do.

Came across this rant from a few years back on 13:36 - Apr 25 with 1365 viewssimmo

"I spose we ended up 'owning' the insult much like the poofs ended up liking 'queer' or 'fag'"

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Came across this rant from a few years back on 13:38 - Apr 25 with 1354 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Came across this rant from a few years back on 13:29 - Apr 25 by Pommyhoop

Fair enough ,its a personal thing I spose.Like how I didnt mind (and still dont ) being called a paddy growing up but my little sister hated it .Incidently my Old Man didnt mind it either and he was a full blown Paddy ,not a half breed like me. I spose we ended up 'owning' the insult much like the poofs ended up liking 'queer' or 'fag' and the blacks made the 'N' word their own. Completely different scenario if someone shouted in my face like John Terry did to Anton rather than posting the word on a message board.
(Not that I'd ever post the N word on any board .)

Have never accepted the term 'Paddy'. Challenged it every time it was aimed at me. If it was meant as an insult, I'd demand that it be taken back. If it was meant in a neutral, jokey or even semi-affectionate way (which often happened) then I'd still explain that I'd prefer the term not be used.

Hard to explain why I hate it. Context again, I suppose.

Came across this rant from a few years back on 13:43 - Apr 25 with 1346 viewsPommyhoop

Came across this rant from a few years back on 13:38 - Apr 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Have never accepted the term 'Paddy'. Challenged it every time it was aimed at me. If it was meant as an insult, I'd demand that it be taken back. If it was meant in a neutral, jokey or even semi-affectionate way (which often happened) then I'd still explain that I'd prefer the term not be used.

Yep context and personality. I still remember my old man on a good run of darts/ pool down the pub shouting 'Yes ,another one for Pat/Paddy .and his name was Neil..

Came across this rant from a few years back on 13:49 - Apr 25 with 1335 viewssmegma

Came across this rant from a few years back on 13:38 - Apr 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Is it alright for Irish people to call each other Paddy?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024