Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away strip for Wembley 17:10 - May 14 with 5303 viewsBlackCrowe

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-wear-home-kit-Championship-play/sto

I'm happy enough with the Away strip but how the hell do both teams home kits clash?
All white shirt vs blue and white hoops, black shorts versus white shorts. Brainless.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Away strip for Wembley on 18:25 - May 14 with 4197 viewsthemodfather

suppose a draw is made and one team is designated the home team and that's that?
Away strip for Wembley on 18:30 - May 14 with 4192 viewsMKR

Derby get to wear home kit as they finished 3rd. Shame, would have loved blue and white hoops.
Away strip for Wembley on 22:36 - May 14 with 4014 viewsjonno

Away strip for Wembley on 18:30 - May 14 by MKR

Derby get to wear home kit as they finished 3rd. Shame, would have loved blue and white hoops.

Yes, but hang on. Our away kit is red/black hoops and black shorts. Derby also have black shorts. So we can't even wear our proper away kit. There is absolutely no reason why both teams cannot wear their home kit as they simply do not clash, where as there is a clash with Derby's home kit shorts and our away kit shorts. Why is the Club not pushing back on this?
Away strip for Wembley on 22:50 - May 14 with 3986 viewsRs_Holy

Away strip for Wembley on 22:36 - May 14 by jonno

Yes, but hang on. Our away kit is red/black hoops and black shorts. Derby also have black shorts. So we can't even wear our proper away kit. There is absolutely no reason why both teams cannot wear their home kit as they simply do not clash, where as there is a clash with Derby's home kit shorts and our away kit shorts. Why is the Club not pushing back on this?

I've seen quite a few games this season where both teams are wearing the same colour shorts... For some reason they don't seem to bother with this clash anymore.
To be honest I am loving the Menace kit this season... It's pretty exclusive to us... Well it was until the German national team nicked it!
[Post edited 14 May 2014 22:54]
Away strip for Wembley on 23:41 - May 14 with 3911 viewsHollowayRanger

http://content.mcfc.co.uk/~/media/Images/Home/News/Club%20news/2012/BHS%20Galler

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Away strip for Wembley on 23:46 - May 14 with 3904 viewsMatch82

Away strip for Wembley on 22:50 - May 14 by Rs_Holy

I've seen quite a few games this season where both teams are wearing the same colour shorts... For some reason they don't seem to bother with this clash anymore.
To be honest I am loving the Menace kit this season... It's pretty exclusive to us... Well it was until the German national team nicked it!

Doesn't the shorts clashing thing go back to when goalies had a green top and shorts which matched the rest of their teammates?

Probably considered irrelevant now, as keep goalkeepers where whatever kit they like...
Away strip for Wembley on 23:56 - May 14 with 3876 viewsrsonist

I'd assumed we'd be playing in the green kit so this news comes as some relief...
Away strip for Wembley on 00:16 - May 15 with 3856 viewsHollowayRanger

least the orange kit has gone as well

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Away strip for Wembley on 07:27 - May 15 with 3785 viewsizlingtonhoop

Away strip for Wembley on 18:30 - May 14 by MKR

Really?
We finished above Cardiff last time...
Away strip for Wembley on 07:46 - May 15 with 3765 viewsjonno

Away strip for Wembley on 22:50 - May 14 by Rs_Holy

I like the Menace kit as well, but the Club colours are blue and white, so surely every effort should be made to wear those as a point of principle for such an important game, and this game will be seen worldwide? And there clearly is no clash between both home kits.
Away strip for Wembley on 07:53 - May 15 with 3751 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

If anyone was around mid 70's when we played Derby at home, they turned up in their normal white kit and the ref insisted they change strip. They didn't bring an away kit so wore our away kit of red shirts with the QPR badge on.

Away strip for Wembley on 08:37 - May 15 with 3702 viewsizlingtonhoop

Away strip for Wembley on 07:53 - May 15 by Sudbury_Hill_R

If anyone was around mid 70's when we played Derby at home, they turned up in their normal white kit and the ref insisted they change strip. They didn't bring an away kit so wore our away kit of red shirts with the QPR badge on.

Which reminds me.
It was great to see a few bog rolls flying down on Monday.
To me that's a QPR thing. Probably from that iconic Rodney pic, where it looks like he's narrowly missed being struck by lightning...
Away strip for Wembley on 08:47 - May 15 with 3687 viewsjonno

Away strip for Wembley on 07:53 - May 15 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Blimey - if you can't tell the difference between an all white shirt like Derby's and Rangers blue and white hooped shirt you need more than Specsavers! No wonder we call referees blind - they must be!
Away strip for Wembley on 08:53 - May 15 with 3672 viewsToast_R

To be honest, us poorpers who'll end up sitting on the top tier, it's probably best to have as much difference in the kits as possible.

Anyway the away top with Red shorts isnt that uncommon so who gives's a sh*t really I mean really?
Away strip for Wembley on 09:03 - May 15 with 3663 viewsPommyhoop

Away strip for Wembley on 08:37 - May 15 by izlingtonhoop

Which reminds me.
It was great to see a few bog rolls flying down on Monday.
To me that's a QPR thing. Probably from that iconic Rodney pic, where it looks like he's narrowly missed being struck by lightning...

Great Pic
I just missed Rodney.I'm a Stanley man but old Rodney certainly took a good pic..
I love this one .

Any of you older lot know what match it was taken?.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Away strip for Wembley on 09:24 - May 15 with 3642 viewsjonno

Away strip for Wembley on 09:03 - May 15 by Pommyhoop

Great Pic
I just missed Rodney.I'm a Stanley man but old Rodney certainly took a good pic..
I love this one .

Any of you older lot know what match it was taken?.

That could be the Birmingham game in the League Cup in 1967.
Away strip for Wembley on 09:25 - May 15 with 3634 viewsPommyhoop

Away strip for Wembley on 09:24 - May 15 by jonno

That could be the Birmingham game in the League Cup in 1967.

Yes mate the Semi final..I was 2 years old.....

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Away strip for Wembley on 14:41 - May 19 with 3477 viewsRs_Holy

Away strip for Wembley on 08:53 - May 15 by Toast_R

To be honest, us poorpers who'll end up sitting on the top tier, it's probably best to have as much difference in the kits as possible.

Anyway the away top with Red shorts isnt that uncommon so who gives's a sh*t really I mean really?

So it is definately Dennis the Menace with Red Shorts!... Just seen a photo of Barton doing the Sky Walkon thingy....
Away strip for Wembley on 16:40 - May 19 with 3375 viewssmegma

Not bothered what kit they turn up in , so long as they 'turn up'.
Away strip for Wembley on 18:11 - May 19 with 3279 viewsthemodfather

as we are in the red/black kit...lsa have 2000 balloons on order, red/black
Away strip for Wembley on 18:34 - May 19 with 3228 viewsRs_Holy

Away strip for Wembley on 18:11 - May 19 by themodfather

as we are in the red/black kit...lsa have 2000 balloons on order, red/black

Yep, Saturday is a Red and Black day for me ... I have my Guiness Dennis the Menace primed and ready for action.
Away strip for Wembley on 19:34 - May 19 with 3127 viewsCamberleyR

We played at Pride Park in the promotion season in blue and white hoops (albeit with blue shorts and socks) so don't see why we couldn't this time.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Away strip for Wembley on 19:42 - May 19 with 3112 viewsNoelmc

Offish has this which seems to confirm the red shorts. Good to see Ale included in the photo shoot even though he is not in contention for a spot. Bit worried by some of the others in the photo shoot though.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/190514-sky-sports-play-off-final-qpr-derby-cou
Away strip for Wembley on 19:59 - May 19 with 3078 viewsthame_hoops

Suk young is in the pics, wasn't he recalled by Korea?
Away strip for Wembley on 20:18 - May 19 with 3025 viewsBeauRanger

They have previously played games with both teams in home kits, so is this one last punt by the club & Lotto to shift a load of away shirts that are due to be trashed..?

As long as we win who cares...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024