Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential Transfer Targets 16:45 - May 25 with 33069 viewseghamranger

TF and HR have apparently had this conversation.

Who would you like? Or is anyone itk?

Realistic only. When asked about Remy on SSN he did a politicians answer and said the circs have no changed....is that cos we got promoted, would love to keep him and play Austin and him upfront.
Potential Transfer Targets on 18:48 - May 25 with 2724 viewsTonto

I don't want us to buy shed loads of players. I want young, fast players not old has beans. If that means only 2 or 3 players, so be it, we'll be better for it and will have learnt from our mistakes last time.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Micah Richards, I think he and Ned would be a good partnership.

Jordan Rhodes would be my second target.

I would also see about getting Morrison back

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Potential Transfer Targets on 18:49 - May 25 with 2724 viewsfrancisbowles

Potential Transfer Targets on 18:03 - May 25 by Northernr

I think the big thing we need to add is pace and legs. We'll get run off the pitch every week with out current lot. That said, we don't need to do what we did last time and add a dozen new players.

I'm sure we'll make the same mistakes again, go for the big names etc, but what I'd like to see...

Jordan Rhodes, Steven Caulker, Lewis Holtby and Aaron Cresswell. I sense they, particularly Caulker who is apparently going to Liverpool, might be a bit too good for us but those three would make a massive difference to us.

I like Buckley at Brighton, I like loads of the Derby players.

What's going on with Green? Smithies at Huddersfield and McCarthy at Reading good young keepers if he's not staying.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Agree with the need or pace and legs but there may be room for some experienced pro's as well. Depends on how many of the current squad are released/kept. TF needs to ensure anyone coming in is for the right reason and does not see us as a step down pay day. Also ensure there contracts are built around appearance and performance pay.

There won't be many teams knocking in high balls for Dunne to head away. However, he has a contract and will be staying. I think it needs to be as a squad player and maybe being sent out on loan.
Potential Transfer Targets on 18:54 - May 25 with 2700 viewsGloucs_R

Potential Transfer Targets on 18:22 - May 25 by WeaverQPR

I still think Granero could come good. Danny Roae free to leave Spurs I read somewhere, or ar Spurs off limits now?

Glad I'm not the only one thinking granero should be given another chance. Was going to post it earlier but thought I would get dogs abuse.

Mbia is now out of contract and wouldn't want to come back it would seem.

Remy will be sold, Adel wants to go, Cesar should go. Who else do we have out on loan?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Potential Transfer Targets on 18:54 - May 25 with 2698 viewsstansleftfoot

It was hard to judge young George Thorne yesterday but he looked very good, always available, passed well short, less so long, big, strong, mobile, 20 or 21 years old, would WBA let him go?
Fancies the Premiership, I think he's from down south, perfect partner for Joey Barton.
I think McCormack is a clever partner for Austin.
Potential Transfer Targets on 18:55 - May 25 with 2695 viewsNorthernr

Potential Transfer Targets on 18:54 - May 25 by Gloucs_R

Glad I'm not the only one thinking granero should be given another chance. Was going to post it earlier but thought I would get dogs abuse.

Mbia is now out of contract and wouldn't want to come back it would seem.

Remy will be sold, Adel wants to go, Cesar should go. Who else do we have out on loan?

Park, but he's retiring thank goodness.

Be interesting to see Granero in a - hopefully - better team. Remember that as well as going downhill rapidly last time he's had a very bad injury since then.

That injury means we'll probably have to keep him whether we want him or not.
Potential Transfer Targets on 18:59 - May 25 with 2676 viewsGloucs_R

Potential Transfer Targets on 18:55 - May 25 by Northernr

Park, but he's retiring thank goodness.

Be interesting to see Granero in a - hopefully - better team. Remember that as well as going downhill rapidly last time he's had a very bad injury since then.

That injury means we'll probably have to keep him whether we want him or not.

I think our first two signings will speak volumes. Another fun packed summer for us.

Potential Transfer Targets on 18:59 - May 25 with 2676 viewsTheBlob

Assombalonga for starters.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Potential Transfer Targets on 18:59 - May 25 with 2677 viewsbosh67

Micah Richards - available on a free!
George Thorne - reminded me of a young Glen Roeder yesterday, very impressive
Robert Snodgrass - Very much a Prem player
Jordan Rhodes - maybe too expensive but alongside Austin would be awesome
Ross McCormack - Again, the price could be high
Matt Smith - Very much another Austin in the making
Lewis Grabban - No10 material

Doyle in for work rate squad player, Zamora one more year in his amazing cameo 20-30 mins role.

I think Austin, Rhodes or Grabban, McCormack or Smith, Zamora, Doyle, Hitchcock would keep us up.

Of course, Reading are in trouble and have to sell so we should also look at the likes of Adam le Fondre, who is a very good technical forward, in the Gary Bannister mould. Chris Gunter is a very good defender there too. Both affordable.

However I suspect...

Frank Lampard - family connection (he would put a shift in and has a season or so left in him)
Ashley Cole - on a free (yeah, we don't like him, can still play)
Joe Cole - Full circle back to Rednapp from West Ham days
Rio Ferdinand - Full circle back to Rednapp from West Ham days
Peter Crouch - Again the Harry connection

Combined age - about 200. Of those I would welcome Lampard and Crouch. Both would give their all. I have a lot of time for Frank and Peter we know would put his heart in to it.

Year contracts though, none of that 4 year sh*te.

Hope we go for good Championship early mid 20s players with a bit of hunger though. Much better for us.
[Post edited 25 May 2014 19:12]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:01 - May 25 with 2661 viewsTheBlob

Harriot from Charlton.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:03 - May 25 with 2655 viewsbosh67

Potential Transfer Targets on 18:48 - May 25 by Tonto

I don't want us to buy shed loads of players. I want young, fast players not old has beans. If that means only 2 or 3 players, so be it, we'll be better for it and will have learnt from our mistakes last time.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Micah Richards, I think he and Ned would be a good partnership.

Jordan Rhodes would be my second target.

I would also see about getting Morrison back

Big rumour on Micah Richards BTW as he is a friend of Ned.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:03 - May 25 with 2651 viewsGloucs_R

Zamora owed US that goal, we owe him nothing.

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:05 - May 25 with 2646 viewsNorthernr

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:01 - May 25 by TheBlob

Harriot from Charlton.

That's a good shout. Not a very QPR thing to do though sadly.

One thing we should be considering is, if the worst happens and we do come down, we don't want to be in the situation again where we're frantically trying to shovel out a dozen high earners, and replace them all. make signings who would stay and benefit us in the championship, and we could afford to keep, in that worst case scenario.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Potential Transfer Targets on 19:09 - May 25 with 2621 viewschris1969

Rhodes
Scott Hogan - Rochdale goal scoring winger
McCormack
Snodgrass
and 2 young quality centre halves
Potential Transfer Targets on 19:09 - May 25 with 2620 viewsBerkoRanger

When interviewed on SSN this morning, TF did say that this season has showed him and Harry that there are quality players in the championship who could make the step up and that they only wanted players who would play "for the badge" so hopefully they have learnt from last time. Time will tell.
Potential Transfer Targets on 19:12 - May 25 with 2615 viewsstevec

As others have mentioned, Micah Richards, George Thorne would be good additions and do think Troy Deeney could possibly make the jump up. Vydra also if played in right role.

A box to box midfielder would be the dream but god knows where you find one without breaking the bank. Birthday card for Ya Ya ?
Potential Transfer Targets on 19:13 - May 25 with 2533 viewsNorthernr

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:12 - May 25 by stevec

As others have mentioned, Micah Richards, George Thorne would be good additions and do think Troy Deeney could possibly make the jump up. Vydra also if played in right role.

A box to box midfielder would be the dream but god knows where you find one without breaking the bank. Birthday card for Ya Ya ?

Holtby, absolutely ideal, very QPR player I think.
Potential Transfer Targets on 19:14 - May 25 with 2532 views08olesen

Only concern about Richards is that he has a lengthy injury History which is not what we need when trying to get a consistent back four. However he can play RB which is also needed in case Danny is injured.

what About Vermalen, not getting any football at Arsenal, and even though he has had injuries he is only 28.

I agree, that if the first 2 signings are Ferdinand and Joe Cole it could be a long summer.

I would like to see us use our scouts (if we have any) and go and try and find an Oscar/Coutinho type player, because someone will need to be in the CAM role and Ravel will cost too much i think

Poll: Who will the other play off

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:16 - May 25 with 2516 viewsbosh67

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:12 - May 25 by stevec

Troy Deeney is a very good call. Great goal scorer.

Re Yaya. I think we can get him. All we need is a bigger cake and happy birthday sung like we mean it.

Never knowingly right.

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:25 - May 25 with 2476 viewsTacticalR

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:14 - May 25 by 08olesen

Only concern about Richards is that he has a lengthy injury History which is not what we need when trying to get a consistent back four. However he can play RB which is also needed in case Danny is injured.

what About Vermalen, not getting any football at Arsenal, and even though he has had injuries he is only 28.

I agree, that if the first 2 signings are Ferdinand and Joe Cole it could be a long summer.

I would like to see us use our scouts (if we have any) and go and try and find an Oscar/Coutinho type player, because someone will need to be in the CAM role and Ravel will cost too much i think

I take it you didn't see Arsenal's calamitous defending against us two seasons ago when we beat them 2-1, both goals courtesy of one Thomas Vermaelen?

Air hostess clique

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:32 - May 25 with 2458 views08olesen

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:25 - May 25 by TacticalR

I take it you didn't see Arsenal's calamitous defending against us two seasons ago when we beat them 2-1, both goals courtesy of one Thomas Vermaelen?

Arsene Wenger made him captain of a champions league team, and so im sure he is quite a capable defender. Kompany made a clearance to Coutinho vs Liverpool and they scored does that make him a bad defender?

Poll: Who will the other play off

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:33 - May 25 with 2452 viewsWeaverQPR

Has Jake Livermore signed perm for Hull? Good athletic midfielder.

@WeavQPR

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:34 - May 25 with 2450 viewsRamseyR

Assombolonga from Peterborough. Young powerful proven goalscorer. Wouldn't cost the earth or massive wages. Worth taking a chance, as if it didn't work out he would still have resell value.
Potential Transfer Targets on 19:39 - May 25 with 2435 viewsMedwayR

Moses Odubajo has had a good season for Leyton Orient, scored a good goal today and set one up too. Young two-footed winger with good delivery, definitely one worth adding to the squad. Harriott from Charlton is a good shout too. If Reading are struggling financially I'd definitely be looking at McCarthy, Pearce & Morrison. Jack Collison could be worth a look.

I think we need proven quality down the spine, a CB & CM for definite and a forward if Remy leaves. A few squad players like those mentioned above would be good but we need to avoid a large turnover of players if possible.

Hidetoshi Kiyotake at FC Nurnberg has always looked decent, and if Tony wants a Korean to replace Park/join Yun the lad Swansea bought from Celtic who was also linked with us might be a good option.
[Post edited 26 May 2014 14:34]

Poll: Who’s better?

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:39 - May 25 with 2435 viewsstuabd

George Thorne. I think he's on loan from WBA, but looks very useful.
Potential Transfer Targets on 19:42 - May 25 with 2429 viewsstevec

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:13 - May 25 by Northernr

Holtby, absolutely ideal, very QPR player I think.

The only thing that worries me a bit after our last escapade in the Premier was Magath describing Holtby at Fulham as not a fighter. Never been sure if clubs look hard enough at the mental strength/fragility of potential signings.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024