Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans 15:18 - Jun 1 with 59032 viewsAlbRanger

Nice to see it's joined the Fans Network group. Only decent Swansea site and they really don't like us!

Hopefully a chance for some banter a la Rivals
Planet Swans on 00:00 - Jun 6 with 2228 viewsSwanjaxs

Planet Swans on 22:17 - Jun 5 by QuakerJack

Hi LS. Yeah Glasgow is an interesting one. I'm going there for the very first time in august as my mate's marrying a Glaswegian. I don't think our biggest towns and cities saw a situation that extreme, in Wales it seemed to impact the valleys a lot more in terms of declining health, deprivation, substance misuse, all linked to unemployment and de - industrialisation. Glasgow seemed to be the hardest hit city in the UK, whereas we've seen a huge heroin epidemic (someone was kind enough to post a YouTube link to the documentary 'Swansea Love Story' earlier on in the thread), but this isn't really a direct result of de industrialisation etc as it's come much later. It'll be interesting to see in August as my mate's wife to be is from apparently one of the worst parts of Glasgow (can't remember the name of it but her family follow Partick Thistle if that narrows it down). I guess the only other city that perhaps could be compared is Liverpool, which for all the development of the old docks area, is still one of the most deprived towns/cities in the UK.

Interesting that you're from East Fife, I believe that's where my wife's step dad's father is living (so effectively her Grandfather). Her step dad was born in Edinburgh altho they moved down to Newcastle when he was maybe 8 or 9. Must admit I'm really looking forward to August as I've never even crossed the border into Scotland,

QJ .. Regularly up in Glasgow, The Hoops being my 2nd team (old girl's a left footer) The Jags manor is Maryhill if that helps
[Post edited 6 Jun 2014 0:10]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Planet Swans on 00:42 - Jun 6 with 2174 viewsPunteR

Planet Swans on 00:00 - Jun 6 by Swanjaxs

QJ .. Regularly up in Glasgow, The Hoops being my 2nd team (old girl's a left footer) The Jags manor is Maryhill if that helps

Sorry deleted. My sober self would never live it down.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2014 0:57]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Planet Swans on 02:59 - Jun 6 with 2156 viewsSonofNorfolt

Some of us here, follow follow the other Rangers as well, although many don't.

My ten year old logic went, Rangers, called Rangers and blue and white, as opposed to hoops.
2-1 to Rangers.
Only later did I realise I was a Protestant atheist.

Glasgow, great city, up there with London, Berlin, NY, Tokyo and Havana.
Planet Swans on 07:21 - Jun 6 with 2127 viewsQuakerJack

No that doesn't ring a bell but it might be, I'll ask my mate today, I've got a few mates in Ireland who regularly go over to watch Celtic, they drink in pubs in the Barrowlands?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Planet Swans on 07:25 - Jun 6 with 2122 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 02:59 - Jun 6 by SonofNorfolt

Some of us here, follow follow the other Rangers as well, although many don't.

My ten year old logic went, Rangers, called Rangers and blue and white, as opposed to hoops.
2-1 to Rangers.
Only later did I realise I was a Protestant atheist.

Glasgow, great city, up there with London, Berlin, NY, Tokyo and Havana.

Ah, Havana, now you're talking. Was there in October on honeymoon. What a city, stayed at the park central and the nacional, the room opposite ours in the nacional was ava gardener's and sinatra's honeymoon suite.

Went to see the Buena Vista band, smoked every brand of cigar imaginable. Revolution Square, the museum, cathedral, we did it all. Can't wait to go back there. Also went to Holguin, the second city, beautiful place also. Cuba, what a country!

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Planet Swans on 09:15 - Jun 6 with 2037 viewsNathanNI

Pubs.

The original away pub O'neills, as mentioned above has been refurbished into the Sindercombe Social, which is a kinda american diner roadhouse bar. We went in there before the playoffs and it was quite quickly overun with Wigan fans in Jekyll Stone Island so we left. Not sure what there approach is to shirts, but we saw a few in there that night. (there is a definite trend of pubs being refurbished with peculiar names and loads of decent ales, what that means for football fans I don't know, time will tell.) www.thesindercombesocial.co.uk

Not sure what's happening to the Walkabout? There is a hotel being built beside it, so that might have something to do with it.

The Belushi's, up by Shepherds Bush Central line is probably the best bet for groups, they'll let anyone in realistically. Or you could drink anywhere around Paddington and hop on the tube down from there.

IMHO etc.
Planet Swans on 14:11 - Jun 6 with 1965 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 09:15 - Jun 6 by NathanNI

Pubs.

The original away pub O'neills, as mentioned above has been refurbished into the Sindercombe Social, which is a kinda american diner roadhouse bar. We went in there before the playoffs and it was quite quickly overun with Wigan fans in Jekyll Stone Island so we left. Not sure what there approach is to shirts, but we saw a few in there that night. (there is a definite trend of pubs being refurbished with peculiar names and loads of decent ales, what that means for football fans I don't know, time will tell.) www.thesindercombesocial.co.uk

Not sure what's happening to the Walkabout? There is a hotel being built beside it, so that might have something to do with it.

The Belushi's, up by Shepherds Bush Central line is probably the best bet for groups, they'll let anyone in realistically. Or you could drink anywhere around Paddington and hop on the tube down from there.

IMHO etc.

Thanks Nathan, we're exiled up north so it'll be Kings Cross rather than Paddington. Role on the fixture list, hope this QPR trip doesn't clash with my anniversary.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024