Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans 15:18 - Jun 1 with 59610 viewsAlbRanger

Nice to see it's joined the Fans Network group. Only decent Swansea site and they really don't like us!

Hopefully a chance for some banter a la Rivals
Planet Swans on 20:52 - Jun 4 with 2391 viewsRangersw12

Planet Swans on 19:58 - Jun 4 by Borojack

Yes shame was enjoying it as well.
Good luck for next season.

I do have a couple of questions before the football starts.

Is Ravel Morrison worth 5 million quid.
Whats the best pub for away fans as me and my mate are planning on making our first trip
next season

Would be a good signing and worth a gamble

As for pubs

Used to be O'Neils and Walkabout but as both are closed the away pub seems to be Beluishi's
Planet Swans on 21:54 - Jun 4 with 2362 viewsSwanjaxs

Planet Swans on 18:36 - Jun 4 by loftboy

So by the generalisation that because he's from Brighton he must be gay, leads me to the conclusion that you all fuk sheep then?

Correctamundo my dear friend, loves a bit of sheep loving us taffs don't you know

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Planet Swans on 22:10 - Jun 4 with 2336 viewsloftboy

Planet Swans on 21:54 - Jun 4 by Swanjaxs

Correctamundo my dear friend, loves a bit of sheep loving us taffs don't you know

What a bunch of farking weirdos

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Planet Swans on 23:17 - Jun 4 with 2298 viewsSwanjaxs

Planet Swans on 22:10 - Jun 4 by loftboy

What a bunch of farking weirdos

Kiss my fat Welsh ass you prick! !
[Post edited 4 Jun 2014 23:18]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Planet Swans on 02:39 - Jun 5 with 2224 viewsSonofNorfolt

It's gone downhill a bit this thread, I'm waiting for someone to produce evidence of Himmler having played for either club on loan as proof of eternal damnation.

I would suggest that Swansea may be in for an awkward season, nearly established but not quite, and now at a crossroads, perhaps similar to what is happening at Southampton right now?

As for us, I'll make it more simplistic than it is, we'll be alright as long as no ridiculous decisions are made, be it on the playing or management side. This translates into, who ffukkin knows. However, you never do with this club.

See you next season Jacks, and well done to whomever put the PVC in the sea.
Planet Swans on 08:11 - Jun 5 with 2165 viewsAlbRanger

Sooo...... that went well.
Planet Swans on 08:54 - Jun 5 with 2139 viewsloftboy

Planet Swans on 23:17 - Jun 4 by Swanjaxs

Kiss my fat Welsh ass you prick! !
[Post edited 4 Jun 2014 23:18]

You do get value for money I suppose, fuk it, eat it, wear it.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Planet Swans on 10:33 - Jun 5 with 2093 viewsBluce_Ree

Planet Swans on 15:08 - Jun 4 by QuakerJack

Unfortunately not the latter

You're okay, Quaker.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Login to get fewer ads

Planet Swans on 13:41 - Jun 5 with 2045 viewsR_from_afar

Planet Swans on 19:58 - Jun 4 by Borojack

Yes shame was enjoying it as well.
Good luck for next season.

I do have a couple of questions before the football starts.

Is Ravel Morrison worth 5 million quid.
Whats the best pub for away fans as me and my mate are planning on making our first trip
next season

Thanks for that, same to you and The Swans. I hope Monk delivers for you, he seems like a decent bloke and he's Swansea to the core.

I see others have advised on pubs; I don't drink in Shepherds Bush much so I can't really help you.

As for Ravel, it *could* be the best £5m a football club has ever spent but he is high risk. He's a genuine game changer but he's moody, offers nothing when the team is defending and is apt to switch off if he's not feeling up for it.

For what it's worth, I wish we still had Routledge, he was decent

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Planet Swans on 13:49 - Jun 5 with 2030 viewssimmo

I dispute that Ravel offers nothing when defending. For someone considered a 'luxury' player he works really hard for the team in both the positions I have seen him in this season. He's a lot more of a team player than I thought he would be, just as many assists as goals and rarely shoots on sight, only when it is the right time to do so.

My only critisicm for him would be his constant attempts at winning free kicks, it rarely comes off and then he's laid on the floor having lost possession and unable to get back into shape quick enough because of it.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Planet Swans on 19:19 - Jun 5 with 1990 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 10:33 - Jun 5 by Bluce_Ree

You're okay, Quaker.

Cheers Bluce, you're not so bad yourself me and my mate are coming down next season, any pubs you'd recommend?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Planet Swans on 22:00 - Jun 5 with 1907 viewslondonscottish

Planet Swans on 20:42 - Jun 3 by QuakerJack

Did you know we were once twinned with Chernobyl? But since they got their radiation levels down they don't want to know us anymore.

Hi QJ just came across this. It's not about football and not about the part of Scotland I came from (I'm East coast, Fife) but about the effects of de-industrialisation in Glasgow. Rings true. A lot of the mates I left behind got pretty extreme on drinking and the rest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27309446
[Post edited 5 Jun 2014 22:02]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Planet Swans on 22:17 - Jun 5 with 1885 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 22:00 - Jun 5 by londonscottish

Hi QJ just came across this. It's not about football and not about the part of Scotland I came from (I'm East coast, Fife) but about the effects of de-industrialisation in Glasgow. Rings true. A lot of the mates I left behind got pretty extreme on drinking and the rest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27309446
[Post edited 5 Jun 2014 22:02]

Hi LS. Yeah Glasgow is an interesting one. I'm going there for the very first time in august as my mate's marrying a Glaswegian. I don't think our biggest towns and cities saw a situation that extreme, in Wales it seemed to impact the valleys a lot more in terms of declining health, deprivation, substance misuse, all linked to unemployment and de - industrialisation. Glasgow seemed to be the hardest hit city in the UK, whereas we've seen a huge heroin epidemic (someone was kind enough to post a YouTube link to the documentary 'Swansea Love Story' earlier on in the thread), but this isn't really a direct result of de industrialisation etc as it's come much later. It'll be interesting to see in August as my mate's wife to be is from apparently one of the worst parts of Glasgow (can't remember the name of it but her family follow Partick Thistle if that narrows it down). I guess the only other city that perhaps could be compared is Liverpool, which for all the development of the old docks area, is still one of the most deprived towns/cities in the UK.

Interesting that you're from East Fife, I believe that's where my wife's step dad's father is living (so effectively her Grandfather). Her step dad was born in Edinburgh altho they moved down to Newcastle when he was maybe 8 or 9. Must admit I'm really looking forward to August as I've never even crossed the border into Scotland,

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Planet Swans on 23:28 - Jun 5 with 1846 viewsBorojack

Planet Swans on 19:19 - Jun 5 by QuakerJack

Cheers Bluce, you're not so bad yourself me and my mate are coming down next season, any pubs you'd recommend?

Yes gpod lad is quaker even.if I have had
a couple of near death experiences with him.
The latest on.the way back from Sunderland
which I am sure he will share woth you if you
ask him nicely.

Jackarmy

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Planet Swans on 23:37 - Jun 5 with 1836 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 23:28 - Jun 5 by Borojack

Yes gpod lad is quaker even.if I have had
a couple of near death experiences with him.
The latest on.the way back from Sunderland
which I am sure he will share woth you if you
ask him nicely.

Jackarmy

Alright mate, haha, yeah that was dodgy, I shouldn't have sang that song about northerners beating their wives when they're pissed, luckily their initial shock subsided and they saw the funny side of things.

Then there was Wales v England in Walkabout, that nearly got us into a scrape, altho i think they were all mouth.

We're going to have to have a few beers with these QPR lads next season, promise I won't make any steptoe jokes,

Planet Swans on 00:00 - Jun 6 with 2251 viewsSwanjaxs

Planet Swans on 22:17 - Jun 5 by QuakerJack

Hi LS. Yeah Glasgow is an interesting one. I'm going there for the very first time in august as my mate's marrying a Glaswegian. I don't think our biggest towns and cities saw a situation that extreme, in Wales it seemed to impact the valleys a lot more in terms of declining health, deprivation, substance misuse, all linked to unemployment and de - industrialisation. Glasgow seemed to be the hardest hit city in the UK, whereas we've seen a huge heroin epidemic (someone was kind enough to post a YouTube link to the documentary 'Swansea Love Story' earlier on in the thread), but this isn't really a direct result of de industrialisation etc as it's come much later. It'll be interesting to see in August as my mate's wife to be is from apparently one of the worst parts of Glasgow (can't remember the name of it but her family follow Partick Thistle if that narrows it down). I guess the only other city that perhaps could be compared is Liverpool, which for all the development of the old docks area, is still one of the most deprived towns/cities in the UK.

Interesting that you're from East Fife, I believe that's where my wife's step dad's father is living (so effectively her Grandfather). Her step dad was born in Edinburgh altho they moved down to Newcastle when he was maybe 8 or 9. Must admit I'm really looking forward to August as I've never even crossed the border into Scotland,

QJ .. Regularly up in Glasgow, The Hoops being my 2nd team (old girl's a left footer) The Jags manor is Maryhill if that helps
[Post edited 6 Jun 2014 0:10]

Planet Swans on 00:42 - Jun 6 with 2197 viewsPunteR

Planet Swans on 00:00 - Jun 6 by Swanjaxs

QJ .. Regularly up in Glasgow, The Hoops being my 2nd team (old girl's a left footer) The Jags manor is Maryhill if that helps

Sorry deleted. My sober self would never live it down.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2014 0:57]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Planet Swans on 02:59 - Jun 6 with 2179 viewsSonofNorfolt

Some of us here, follow follow the other Rangers as well, although many don't.

My ten year old logic went, Rangers, called Rangers and blue and white, as opposed to hoops.
2-1 to Rangers.
Only later did I realise I was a Protestant atheist.

Glasgow, great city, up there with London, Berlin, NY, Tokyo and Havana.
Planet Swans on 07:21 - Jun 6 with 2150 viewsQuakerJack

No that doesn't ring a bell but it might be, I'll ask my mate today, I've got a few mates in Ireland who regularly go over to watch Celtic, they drink in pubs in the Barrowlands?

Planet Swans on 07:25 - Jun 6 with 2145 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 02:59 - Jun 6 by SonofNorfolt

Some of us here, follow follow the other Rangers as well, although many don't.

My ten year old logic went, Rangers, called Rangers and blue and white, as opposed to hoops.
2-1 to Rangers.
Only later did I realise I was a Protestant atheist.

Glasgow, great city, up there with London, Berlin, NY, Tokyo and Havana.

Ah, Havana, now you're talking. Was there in October on honeymoon. What a city, stayed at the park central and the nacional, the room opposite ours in the nacional was ava gardener's and sinatra's honeymoon suite.

Went to see the Buena Vista band, smoked every brand of cigar imaginable. Revolution Square, the museum, cathedral, we did it all. Can't wait to go back there. Also went to Holguin, the second city, beautiful place also. Cuba, what a country!

Planet Swans on 09:15 - Jun 6 with 2060 viewsNathanNI

Pubs.

The original away pub O'neills, as mentioned above has been refurbished into the Sindercombe Social, which is a kinda american diner roadhouse bar. We went in there before the playoffs and it was quite quickly overun with Wigan fans in Jekyll Stone Island so we left. Not sure what there approach is to shirts, but we saw a few in there that night. (there is a definite trend of pubs being refurbished with peculiar names and loads of decent ales, what that means for football fans I don't know, time will tell.) www.thesindercombesocial.co.uk

Not sure what's happening to the Walkabout? There is a hotel being built beside it, so that might have something to do with it.

The Belushi's, up by Shepherds Bush Central line is probably the best bet for groups, they'll let anyone in realistically. Or you could drink anywhere around Paddington and hop on the tube down from there.

IMHO etc.
Planet Swans on 14:11 - Jun 6 with 1988 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 09:15 - Jun 6 by NathanNI

Pubs.

The original away pub O'neills, as mentioned above has been refurbished into the Sindercombe Social, which is a kinda american diner roadhouse bar. We went in there before the playoffs and it was quite quickly overun with Wigan fans in Jekyll Stone Island so we left. Not sure what there approach is to shirts, but we saw a few in there that night. (there is a definite trend of pubs being refurbished with peculiar names and loads of decent ales, what that means for football fans I don't know, time will tell.) www.thesindercombesocial.co.uk

Not sure what's happening to the Walkabout? There is a hotel being built beside it, so that might have something to do with it.

The Belushi's, up by Shepherds Bush Central line is probably the best bet for groups, they'll let anyone in realistically. Or you could drink anywhere around Paddington and hop on the tube down from there.

IMHO etc.

Thanks Nathan, we're exiled up north so it'll be Kings Cross rather than Paddington. Role on the fixture list, hope this QPR trip doesn't clash with my anniversary.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024