Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans 15:18 - Jun 1 with 59606 viewsAlbRanger

Nice to see it's joined the Fans Network group. Only decent Swansea site and they really don't like us!

Hopefully a chance for some banter a la Rivals
Planet Swans on 11:49 - Jun 3 with 2677 viewsBloodyhills

Planet Swans on 00:12 - Jun 2 by JackoBoostardo

There's one real reason I dislike QPR - And that's as you represent everything that's wrong about football.

Remember your last season in the Premier League - all the money you threw at a team that was in the end a mercenary group? Then consider how Swansea have done things - using a strict budget we've still managed to get quality players in to the club and stay in the Premier League (despite all the negativity we get about the lack of our spending). You don't need to spend big to play like giants.

Throwing money at a problem clearly doesn't fix it - and instead helps to break the game.

The documentary about QPR was very entertaining though! :D

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Planet Swans on 11:50 - Jun 3 with 2673 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 11:32 - Jun 3 by londonscottish

When did I say I hated Scotland? I like Scotland very much, thankyou.

I was just providing some economic facts for those Swansea fans who seemed confused between the historical wealth generated by heavy industry in Wales (and Scotland for that matter) and the current situation which is more about call centres, govt expenditure, subsidies and, inevitably, benefits,

These are facts. These same facts encouraged me to get off my arse in 1988 and come to London.

You should not confuse liking/disliking any given country with understanding/misundertanding economic facts.

Two very different things.

Yes, and what my fellow jack had pointed out is that this industry which not only provided so much to the UK, and places like London in particular, was closed down by the London centred government because instead of supporting their own people, they decided they'd get it cheaper abroad, so they left a skilled workforce, generations of hard working men with a choice between unemployment, low paid unskilled call centre work or leaving their beloved communities to foreign countries to find work. They ravaged our land, made the people perform back breaking unsafe work then took it away from them and left them with nothing, so these "run down provinces" you resent sending benefits to (I'd like to compare these "provinces to some parts of London, like the south and east of the city) are your homeland that you claim to love, just try and remember where you came from every once in a while.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Planet Swans on 11:56 - Jun 3 with 2644 viewsBloodyhills

Planet Swans on 10:37 - Jun 2 by QPR442

I liked the post on Planet Swans calling us a small club? Swans fans seem to forget their 3K gates 10 years ago or are they all jumping on the bandwagon? If they don't like the English league they should f##k off back to the Welsh one, (which they should be in anyway).

You could try talking through your mouth instead to see if that results in more sense.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Planet Swans on 11:59 - Jun 3 with 2631 viewslondonscottish

Planet Swans on 11:50 - Jun 3 by QuakerJack

Yes, and what my fellow jack had pointed out is that this industry which not only provided so much to the UK, and places like London in particular, was closed down by the London centred government because instead of supporting their own people, they decided they'd get it cheaper abroad, so they left a skilled workforce, generations of hard working men with a choice between unemployment, low paid unskilled call centre work or leaving their beloved communities to foreign countries to find work. They ravaged our land, made the people perform back breaking unsafe work then took it away from them and left them with nothing, so these "run down provinces" you resent sending benefits to (I'd like to compare these "provinces to some parts of London, like the south and east of the city) are your homeland that you claim to love, just try and remember where you came from every once in a while.

That's not a bad analysis. And I didn't say I resented that fact that London and the SE subsidise the rest of the country. I just said it was a fact. I grew up in a mining area and saw the entire industry shut down all around me. I saw the linen trade die. I saw the dockyards close down. There's a reason you find Scots all over the world.I haven't forgotten it and never will. The clue is in my forum name.

But the reason I raised the whole economic thing was in response to previous posts from Swansea fans who were questioning it.

Anyway this is a football site where we (mainly) talk football. Swansea have done well in recent years and have played some good football. Rangers have just been promoted. Can we get back to that as that was the original point of the OP.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 12:01]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Planet Swans on 12:00 - Jun 3 with 2627 viewsTheBlob

Planet Swans on 11:56 - Jun 3 by Bloodyhills

You could try talking through your mouth instead to see if that results in more sense.

Would still be more coherent than Welsh

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Planet Swans on 12:01 - Jun 3 with 2620 viewsDiscodroid

fack me , I've only just cum(again), and indeed across this thread.

im harder than john holmes whose scrote has been injected with wolverine's adamantium with 'mafanwy's' tidy split peach, spatchocked before him

was'nt it the dream of every able bodied welsh man by the sea to pull on that tight fitting white top( aka bob latchford), earn ten grand a year , get a council house, and drive an b reg opel manta in the year of our lord 2010.

i think it was.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 12:17]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Planet Swans on 12:02 - Jun 3 with 2613 viewsRangersw12

Planet Swans on 11:50 - Jun 3 by QuakerJack

Have one of these son to calm you down.....

Planet Swans on 12:03 - Jun 3 with 2606 viewsTheBlob

Planet Swans on 12:01 - Jun 3 by Discodroid

fack me , I've only just cum(again), and indeed across this thread.

im harder than john holmes whose scrote has been injected with wolverine's adamantium with 'mafanwy's' tidy split peach, spatchocked before him

was'nt it the dream of every able bodied welsh man by the sea to pull on that tight fitting white top( aka bob latchford), earn ten grand a year , get a council house, and drive an b reg opel manta in the year of our lord 2010.

i think it was.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 12:17]

......and then f*ck off to Spain,get turfed out by the latest land grab moves and end up in a condemned miner's cottage in Merthyr.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Planet Swans on 12:08 - Jun 3 with 2586 viewsHighjack

Planet Swans on 02:14 - Jun 3 by Brightonhoop

To highjack.

And St Patrick? Swam the Irish Sea to get way from the welsh, yes no? To found a nation of men? And you welshtarts from a small Thatcher town suburb of Cardiff call Londoners arrogant?
There are people in Lahore who have a better claim to be Welsh. And with less arrogance and a better market on ignorance. ffs.
If there was ever a contemporary tale of arrogance it would centre on the shyte ole called swansea. A club that took a free ground dictating moral terms is hilarious.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 2:15]

If that is true (which I know it isn't) it's rather telling that he chose to go west and swim an entire ocean rather than go east and jump over a tiny dyke to find a nation of men.

On another note, the racism on this thread is downright abhorrent and I am seriously thinking of writing a strongly worded letter to points of view.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Planet Swans on 12:10 - Jun 3 with 2579 viewsDiscodroid

Planet Swans on 12:03 - Jun 3 by TheBlob

......and then f*ck off to Spain,get turfed out by the latest land grab moves and end up in a condemned miner's cottage in Merthyr.

blimey mate, ive been missing out on the fun 'ere...only clocked the thread this morning.

thought it was about that geezer from the Eurasian lowlands in the paper's yesterday, serving up swan on a bed of wild goan cous cous from his rucksack

the cnt.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 12:18]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Planet Swans on 12:15 - Jun 3 with 2564 viewsPommyhoop

Planet Swans on 11:49 - Jun 3 by Bloodyhills

The documentary about QPR was very entertaining though! :D

So was the documentary on Swansea

19.40 for your typical Jack showing of his tats like some of our guests .

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Planet Swans on 12:17 - Jun 3 with 2550 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 12:15 - Jun 3 by Pommyhoop

Yeah, coz there's no druggies in London, it's just a pure city filled with hardworking white collar workers who pay their taxes so that the slum dwellers of Swansea can collect their giro and get another hit.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Planet Swans on 12:21 - Jun 3 with 2535 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 12:02 - Jun 3 by Rangersw12

Have one of these son to calm you down.....

Yeah, and then I come back with "why don't you go slurp down another jellied eel".

Planet Swans on 12:26 - Jun 3 with 2513 viewsPommyhoop

Planet Swans on 12:17 - Jun 3 by QuakerJack

Yeah, coz there's no druggies in London, it's just a pure city filled with hardworking white collar workers who pay their taxes so that the slum dwellers of Swansea can collect their giro and get another hit.

We're pretty clean down in this little part of WEST London. We've got Discodroid but apparently he's cleaned up his act now.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 12:29]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Planet Swans on 12:28 - Jun 3 with 2503 viewsDiscodroid

The swansea team of the eighties circa 1981... colin irwin, ian walsh, alan curtis,leighton james, latchford etc etc

well, either that or an e- fit of 'bon viveur' the yorkshire ripper @circa '81.

[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 12:38]

Planet Swans on 12:28 - Jun 3 with 2503 viewsHighjack

Planet Swans on 12:26 - Jun 3 by Pommyhoop

We're pretty clean down in this little part of WEST London. We've got Discodroid but apparently he's cleaned up his act now.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 12:29]

Nah it's all been revealed that the BBC headquarters is the epicentre for all crime that occurred in this country since 1958, and that every individual who set foot in there had to live with the memory of Jimmy Savile's heavily jewelled finger up their bum for the rest of their lives.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Planet Swans on 12:29 - Jun 3 with 2650 viewsRangersw12

Planet Swans on 12:15 - Jun 3 by Pommyhoop

Who remembers this little gem

I wonder which one of these Swansea divs is "Tank"

Planet Swans on 12:36 - Jun 3 with 2630 viewsTopCat34

I can't say I have anything particularly against Swansea (or the Welsh). But, I do think it's interesting how we've got people on here talking about Swansea doing it the 'right way'. If I'm not mistaken I thought Bony cost £12m, and what about Hernandez and Ki? I don't think these were exactly part of a cost cutting strategy and running the club on a limited budget. I'm not up to date on the life and times of Swansea City, but it's fair to say like QPR they've been to hell and back. But we're both in the Premiership now, and hopefully, both clubs be healthily competing in the top divisions for years to come (but mainly QPR)
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 12:44]
Planet Swans on 12:48 - Jun 3 with 2591 viewsJackoBoostardo

Planet Swans on 11:59 - Jun 3 by londonscottish

That's not a bad analysis. And I didn't say I resented that fact that London and the SE subsidise the rest of the country. I just said it was a fact. I grew up in a mining area and saw the entire industry shut down all around me. I saw the linen trade die. I saw the dockyards close down. There's a reason you find Scots all over the world.I haven't forgotten it and never will. The clue is in my forum name.

But the reason I raised the whole economic thing was in response to previous posts from Swansea fans who were questioning it.

Anyway this is a football site where we (mainly) talk football. Swansea have done well in recent years and have played some good football. Rangers have just been promoted. Can we get back to that as that was the original point of the OP.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 12:01]

See you next season dippo's!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Planet Swans on 12:52 - Jun 3 with 2568 viewsRangersw12

Planet Swans on 12:48 - Jun 3 by JackoBoostardo

Why don't you put the 1st round Fa Cup game at your place up as well or wasn't you supporting Swansea then ?
Planet Swans on 12:58 - Jun 3 with 2538 viewsJackoBoostardo

Planet Swans on 12:52 - Jun 3 by Rangersw12

Why don't you put the 1st round Fa Cup game at your place up as well or wasn't you supporting Swansea then ?

Simple answer really - it's the Premier League where the money is and where the priorities should be. Competitions come second.

These games were clearly more important - as you have no doubt understood by your relegation.

So enjoy!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Planet Swans on 13:02 - Jun 3 with 2531 viewsRangersw12

Planet Swans on 12:58 - Jun 3 by JackoBoostardo

Simple answer really - it's the Premier League where the money is and where the priorities should be. Competitions come second.

These games were clearly more important - as you have no doubt understood by your relegation.

So enjoy!

I will take that as no you didn't support Swansea then nor had probably even heard of them

For the record was at all 3 games and the Fa Cup game was by far the worst
Planet Swans on 13:03 - Jun 3 with 2525 viewsR_from_afar

This thread has all gone Pete Tong. Look at us, squabbling, bickering, like children. Come on people, ditch the political and historical stuff, and the insults, Swansea are not Chelsea (thankfully) and QPR are not Bardiff (perish the thought). Lighten up and talk about football.

Swans fans, where do you think you'll finish this season? If you keep Bony and Michu comes good again, top half must be achievable. Will Monk keep his job? I hope so, it would be tremendous to see a Prem club stick with an "insider" rather than bringing in Johnny Rent a Manager, only for him to spend £100m on dross.

Also, what do you think will happen to Sjoke? As you can imagine, we Rs fans are fascinated to see what Meticulous Mark achieves up in the potteries, after all the damage he did to Rangers.

Thoughts?

R from Afar

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Planet Swans on 13:10 - Jun 3 with 2486 viewslondonscottish

Planet Swans on 12:48 - Jun 3 by JackoBoostardo

You don't really get this board, do you.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Planet Swans on 13:14 - Jun 3 with 2461 viewsballbag

The sexual tension on this thread is palpable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024