Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans 15:18 - Jun 1 with 59599 viewsAlbRanger

Nice to see it's joined the Fans Network group. Only decent Swansea site and they really don't like us!

Hopefully a chance for some banter a la Rivals
Planet Swans on 19:39 - Jun 2 with 2192 viewsAunt_Nelly

Planet Swans on 19:18 - Jun 2 by PunteR

So your saying a small west London club that holds just 18,000 capacity,trying to punch above its weight at the moment while in a state of transition,move to a bigger stadium, build better coaching facilities, getting promoted to the premier league, on merit is everything that's wrong in football???.
Yes we've got rich owners now. So what!
Looking forward to next season. 6 points in the bag for us from the swans,no problem.

Obviously it's a bit tricky with the language barrier but from what I can gather from our new Welsh friends, it would appear that it's OK for a struggling club just out of admin to be gifted a new ground by the council in order to achieve success.

However it's very, very bad if another struggling club just out of admin is sold to people who try to achieve success by buying better players.

Is that right Jackos?
[Post edited 2 Jun 2014 19:41]
Planet Swans on 19:41 - Jun 2 with 2180 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 19:34 - Jun 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think he means that doing all that while posting losses exceeding £50m every year is what is wrong with football.

I was born in West London by the way. I've never been too fond of QPR. I'm not sure why. I hope you get relegated this season and begin a long slide down to League 2 with Portsmouth, the 'South Coast QPR'.

Thank you Dwight, that's better than I could have put it.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Planet Swans on 19:42 - Jun 2 with 2177 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 19:39 - Jun 2 by Aunt_Nelly

Obviously it's a bit tricky with the language barrier but from what I can gather from our new Welsh friends, it would appear that it's OK for a struggling club just out of admin to be gifted a new ground by the council in order to achieve success.

However it's very, very bad if another struggling club just out of admin is sold to people who try to achieve success by buying better players.

Is that right Jackos?
[Post edited 2 Jun 2014 19:41]

I refer you to Dwight's answer.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Planet Swans on 19:43 - Jun 2 with 2174 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 19:35 - Jun 2 by DeptfordR

Is that human? Thought it was a ham, no wonder I didn't recognise the stamp!

How was school today?

Planet Swans on 19:45 - Jun 2 with 2172 viewsDeptfordR

Planet Swans on 19:37 - Jun 2 by QuakerJack

The comparisons between this lot and the vermin is uncanny. Colour being the only noticeable difference.

Hey lads, Arry is on SSN, look at the pound signs in his eyes.

Quick, on BBC4! Great British Railway journeys! Llanwrtwd to Porthmadog via the Victorian slate capital of Blaenau Ffestiniog!
Planet Swans on 19:52 - Jun 2 with 2136 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 19:45 - Jun 2 by DeptfordR

Quick, on BBC4! Great British Railway journeys! Llanwrtwd to Porthmadog via the Victorian slate capital of Blaenau Ffestiniog!

Yeah and then I chime in with "Eastenders is on in ten minutes" then you call me Ivor the Engine, then I refer to you as Rodney before calling you a plonker, then Fireman Sam, Alf Garnet, then you run out of ideas and revert back to my tattoo, which i cant do back as you need proof of age to get one, and we all have a good laugh.

Planet Swans on 19:53 - Jun 2 with 2133 viewsQPR_John

Planet Swans on 19:42 - Jun 2 by QuakerJack

I refer you to Dwight's answer.

Just how much did the construction of the Liberty Stadium cost the club
Planet Swans on 19:53 - Jun 2 with 2126 viewsloftboy

Planet Swans on 18:40 - Jun 2 by Swanjaxs

Nailed on six points for us jacks from you next season, can see Leicester staying up but yourselves and Burnley will take up two of the three relegation spots with WBA probably taking the 3rd

Bookmarked, I love post lik this because they usually come back and bite the author on the arse

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Planet Swans on 19:54 - Jun 2 with 2124 viewsQuakerJack

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Don't look at me mate, Debtford is one of yours. Hey, see what I did there - DEBTford.

Planet Swans on 19:55 - Jun 2 with 2111 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 19:53 - Jun 2 by QPR_John

Not as much as your debt.

Planet Swans on 19:56 - Jun 2 with 2105 viewsTacticalR

Do any of the Swans fans know what happened to Pierre91? His Swansea blog suddenly stopped in the middle of last season.

Air hostess clique

Planet Swans on 19:57 - Jun 2 with 2096 viewsSwanjaxs

Planet Swans on 19:53 - Jun 2 by loftboy

Bookmarked, I love post lik this because they usually come back and bite the author on the arse

Bookmark away boyo
[Post edited 2 Jun 2014 19:58]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Planet Swans on 19:58 - Jun 2 with 2092 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It cost the council £27m to build.

Since its construction, approximately £6m has been paid in rent by Swansea City and the Ospreys combined. The stadium has also hosted numerous music concerts, business events and other activities, all generating large revenues.

It has also been estimated by the Welsh tourist board that Swansea City being in the Premier League generates an extra £30m for the local economy each year.

The council are still being paid a very fair rent for the stadium, they still own the stadium and they will in the near future break even and begin profiting on the stadium. This isn't including the huge increase in commerce for the local economy since the stadiums inception.

I think it is one of the best investments any local council in the United Kingdom has made in recent times and something which is cause for praise, not criticism.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Planet Swans on 19:59 - Jun 2 with 2085 viewsDeptfordR

Planet Swans on 19:43 - Jun 2 by QuakerJack

How was school today?

It was great, we discussed the value of the Welsh in the UK economy. Didn't last long mind you.
Planet Swans on 20:00 - Jun 2 with 2075 viewsloftboy

They have beaten us at home once in about 30 years lol, in my lifetime supporting Qpr I've been to an FA cup final a league cup final, when they both meant something, been runners up in the league, finished top London club on numerous occasions, was one victory from winning the league which as a result would have meant Liverpool not winning their first European cup, seen two European campaigns which would have been 4 had it not been for the scouse hooligans, in the same time Swansea have had two spells in the top flight and won a league cup. I bow to your superior greatness.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Planet Swans on 20:02 - Jun 2 with 2063 viewsdanehoop

Planet Swans on 19:55 - Jun 2 by QuakerJack

OK, using your geographically challenged logic of London, Eastenders, there is a hint.. QPR, West London, can you see how that works. Not a great deal in common,

Still it must be galling to so small behind the Bluebirds as Wales second football team. To me though you both just come from the same place, isnt Swansea and Cardiff just a big conurbation now anyway? All sound the same to me.

Never knowingly understood

Planet Swans on 20:02 - Jun 2 with 2060 viewsQPR_John

Planet Swans on 19:55 - Jun 2 by QuakerJack

But exactly how much did it cost the club an actual figure please.
Planet Swans on 20:03 - Jun 2 with 2051 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 19:58 - Jun 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Since its construction, approximately £6m has been paid in rent by Swansea City and the Ospreys combined. The stadium has also hosted numerous music concerts, business events and other activities, all generating large revenues.

It has also been estimated by the Welsh tourist board that Swansea City being in the Premier League generates an extra £30m for the local economy each year.

The council are still being paid a very fair rent for the stadium, they still own the stadium and they will in the near future break even and begin profiting on the stadium. This isn't including the huge increase in commerce for the local economy since the stadiums inception.

I think it is one of the best investments any local council in the United Kingdom has made in recent times and something which is cause for praise, not criticism.

Again, Dwight, you've articulated better than I me.

Planet Swans on 20:04 - Jun 2 with 2257 viewsSwanjaxs

Planet Swans on 20:00 - Jun 2 by loftboy

They have beaten us at home once in about 30 years lol, in my lifetime supporting Qpr I've been to an FA cup final a league cup final, when they both meant something, been runners up in the league, finished top London club on numerous occasions, was one victory from winning the league which as a result would have meant Liverpool not winning their first European cup, seen two European campaigns which would have been 4 had it not been for the scouse hooligans, in the same time Swansea have had two spells in the top flight and won a league cup. I bow to your superior greatness.

It's good to see you know your place cocker!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2014 20:06]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Planet Swans on 20:04 - Jun 2 with 2256 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 20:02 - Jun 2 by QPR_John

But exactly how much did it cost the club an actual figure please.

See Dwight's answer

Planet Swans on 20:06 - Jun 2 with 2245 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 20:02 - Jun 2 by danehoop

OK, using your geographically challenged logic of London, Eastenders, there is a hint.. QPR, West London, can you see how that works. Not a great deal in common,

Still it must be galling to so small behind the Bluebirds as Wales second football team. To me though you both just come from the same place, isnt Swansea and Cardiff just a big conurbation now anyway? All sound the same to me.

Aye, and Porthmadog is in North Wales, dopey.

Planet Swans on 20:06 - Jun 2 with 2241 viewsJigsore

All the lego in the whole of Wales

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Planet Swans on 20:08 - Jun 2 with 2230 viewsAunt_Nelly

Planet Swans on 20:04 - Jun 2 by QuakerJack

See Dwight's answer

Oi Cankles,

Are you Dwight's bitch?

Or do you need a bloke born in West London to speak for you?

If so you've come to the right place. We're here all week regardless of the division we play in so if any of the long words are troubling you just give us a shout.
Planet Swans on 20:10 - Jun 2 with 2215 viewsQPR442

All these swans on our forum? Shame they were not around 5 seasons ago, but then a bit of success brings them out.
maybe it will be them that 'does a Pompey' and they will disappear back to the 3k gates, or with a bit of luck into the Welsh league.
Planet Swans on 20:10 - Jun 2 with 2210 viewsQPR_John

Planet Swans on 19:58 - Jun 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Not a criticism at all but just a comment that not having to finance the building of a new stadium must help a clubs balance sheet
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024