Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans 15:18 - Jun 1 with 59029 viewsAlbRanger

Nice to see it's joined the Fans Network group. Only decent Swansea site and they really don't like us!

Hopefully a chance for some banter a la Rivals
Planet Swans on 10:53 - Jun 2 with 3474 viewsAunt_Nelly

Planet Swans on 10:37 - Jun 2 by QPR442

I liked the post on Planet Swans calling us a small club? Swans fans seem to forget their 3K gates 10 years ago or are they all jumping on the bandwagon? If they don't like the English league they should f##k off back to the Welsh one, (which they should be in anyway).

Delusions of grandeur for sure but I've always had a lot of time for Swansea and enjoyed trips to the Vetch and Liberty. Reading that board I can only presume a lot of them are either young or new fans who only remember their recent success.
Planet Swans on 11:13 - Jun 2 with 3415 viewskomradkirk

Planet Swans on 10:53 - Jun 2 by Aunt_Nelly

Delusions of grandeur for sure but I've always had a lot of time for Swansea and enjoyed trips to the Vetch and Liberty. Reading that board I can only presume a lot of them are either young or new fans who only remember their recent success.

I like the fact they are not Cardiff
Planet Swans on 11:16 - Jun 2 with 3400 viewsQPR442

Planet Swans on 10:51 - Jun 2 by Highjack

Coming over here, taking our Premier league places.

Swans deserved their Premier league place and under Laudrup played some good passing football. I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with fans knocking my club who most never went to a game 10 years ago (yet they all say they did). Check your history out before you knock other clubs.
And before you ask yes I believe you Cardiff should be playing in a Welsh league and not ours because you are not an English club.
Planet Swans on 11:24 - Jun 2 with 3367 viewsHighjack

Racist.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Planet Swans on 11:30 - Jun 2 with 3344 viewsRangersAreBack

Planet Swans on 08:30 - Jun 2 by Natterjack

Cardiff had a 'firm' called the PVM's (Pure Violence Mob) who used to go around busting up kids when the odds in numbers were always 2:1 in their favour.
They come unstuck when , following a local derby game at the old Vetch, they got trapped on the near beach with numbers slightly against them. It was either swim or fight and they chose the latter. They haven't lived it down since and hate anyone taking the piss as it upsets their Soul Crew hard-man reputation.

Just to be clear, they chose the latter or the former?
Planet Swans on 11:42 - Jun 2 with 3310 viewsthame_hoops

Planet Swans on 11:30 - Jun 2 by RangersAreBack

Just to be clear, they chose the latter or the former?

Planet Swans on 11:50 - Jun 2 with 3272 viewsGloucs_R

Oh God, its started already. A little bit of banter by some of the older heads turns into out and out abuse by some of the pups.

For the record, my wife is Welsh. Our lads will support Rangers and England in football and Wales in the rugby. Some funny fecker bought my eldest a cardiff scarf last Xmas.....hopefully its keeping an African in toilet roll now.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2014 11:51]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Planet Swans on 11:50 - Jun 2 with 3274 viewseastside_r

I have a lot of time for Swansea.

I remember being driven to the play-off final in Cardiff and we were listening to BBC Wales. This was the day before the game and they had a football phone-in particularly focussing on the game.

The presenters were basically saying that all Welsh people should be supporting the Welsh side against the English one. This remember was at time when Hammam was saying he wanted to turn Cardiff into the ‘Glasgow Rangers of Wales’, what he meant was tuning the Bluebirds [sic] into Wales’ team. (In fact he failed, but almost emulated them the other way, arf!)

Anyhow, the person giving me the lift (of Welsh extraction himself) was getting increasingly irate at this Cardiff love-in, as caller after caller phoned in toeing the party line. But then joy of joy, a Swansea supporter came on the line (let’s call him Jack.) Jack made it clear, in no uncertain terms, that he would be supporting QPR the next day and that Cardiff City would get his support only on a very cold day in hell. I think he literally silenced the studio.

I must also declare an interest that my cousin plays professional sport at the Liberty.
Login to get fewer ads

Planet Swans on 11:54 - Jun 2 with 3256 viewsQPR442

Planet Swans on 11:24 - Jun 2 by Highjack

Racist.

No I'm not but your reply did make me smile as work has been boring today
Planet Swans on 11:56 - Jun 2 with 3248 viewsLeonisGod

Planet Swans on 08:56 - Jun 2 by richranger

Most QPR fans would agree with you - but we didn't have any say in the matter! Hopefully we have learnt our lesson this time.

The club won't have learnt its lesson with Fernandez still in charge. He will always throw money away at a problem; always has done in his businesses, always will. But yep, the fans can't do much about that I suppose. It will be interesting to see where his money gets you this year. Cardiff threw a fair bit around but bad decision making by clueless owner was their undoing.

Similarly, will we continue to punch above our weight? The good judgement of the board can't continually offset one of the smallest budgets in the league.
Planet Swans on 11:59 - Jun 2 with 3242 viewsLeonisGod

Planet Swans on 11:50 - Jun 2 by eastside_r

I have a lot of time for Swansea.

I remember being driven to the play-off final in Cardiff and we were listening to BBC Wales. This was the day before the game and they had a football phone-in particularly focussing on the game.

The presenters were basically saying that all Welsh people should be supporting the Welsh side against the English one. This remember was at time when Hammam was saying he wanted to turn Cardiff into the ‘Glasgow Rangers of Wales’, what he meant was tuning the Bluebirds [sic] into Wales’ team. (In fact he failed, but almost emulated them the other way, arf!)

Anyhow, the person giving me the lift (of Welsh extraction himself) was getting increasingly irate at this Cardiff love-in, as caller after caller phoned in toeing the party line. But then joy of joy, a Swansea supporter came on the line (let’s call him Jack.) Jack made it clear, in no uncertain terms, that he would be supporting QPR the next day and that Cardiff City would get his support only on a very cold day in hell. I think he literally silenced the studio.

I must also declare an interest that my cousin plays professional sport at the Liberty.

"I must also declare an interest that my cousin plays professional sport at the Liberty"

An egg chaser, or on the footie side?
Planet Swans on 12:05 - Jun 2 with 3227 viewsJuzzie

Planet Swans on 00:12 - Jun 2 by JackoBoostardo

There's one real reason I dislike QPR - And that's as you represent everything that's wrong about football.

Remember your last season in the Premier League - all the money you threw at a team that was in the end a mercenary group? Then consider how Swansea have done things - using a strict budget we've still managed to get quality players in to the club and stay in the Premier League (despite all the negativity we get about the lack of our spending). You don't need to spend big to play like giants.

Throwing money at a problem clearly doesn't fix it - and instead helps to break the game.

As said, most QPR fans would agree with you but we're the ones taking the flak for the owners decisions.

People talk as though it's only us doing it.

Southampton have spent a shite load but that's Ok it seems 'cos they finished well. Norwich spent a lot too (how much did they waste on the Wolfman?) and got relegated but I don't hear anyone castrating them?

Look too at the outrageous amounts spent by Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc but, again, it seems OK when they're winning things.

In the last five years (as of Jan 2014) Southampton spent £75m, seventy five million. Look at Villa... £179m. Fk me, that's more than our debt!
Stoke just short of £100m. Even Swans spent nigh on £50m.

Yes, some of these have been offset by selling but some of the figures are eye-watering yet little ol' QPR are seen by everyone as the only club who has spent.

The season we went down we spent £36m but £12m of that was recouped a few months later as we sold Samba for what we paid and Remy is going for £2m more than we bought him for so that leaves a net spend of £22m. That's not a lot by PL standards.

Yes, the wages are high and that's what people are focussing on but a lot were free transfers.

Southampton were paying more for their players than we were when you factor in both the transfer fee and salary over the duration of the contract but people are only looking at the salaries we paying and judging on that.

We've been an easy target for the media and keyboard warriors.

[Post edited 2 Jun 2014 12:26]
Planet Swans on 12:06 - Jun 2 with 3224 viewsJuzzie

Planet Swans on 11:24 - Jun 2 by Highjack

Racist.

Is Wales a race?
Planet Swans on 12:14 - Jun 2 with 3194 viewsAunt_Nelly

Planet Swans on 12:05 - Jun 2 by Juzzie

As said, most QPR fans would agree with you but we're the ones taking the flak for the owners decisions.

Southampton have spent a shite load but that's Ok it seems 'cos they finished well. Norwich spent a lot too (how much did they waste on the Wolfman?) and got relegated but I don't hear anyone castrating them?

Look too at the outrageous amounts spent by Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc but, again, it seems OK when they're winning things.

In the last five years (as of Jan 2014) Southampton spent £75m, seventy five million. Look at Villa... £179m. Fk me, that's more than our debt!

Yes, some of these have been offset by selling but some of the figures are eye-watering yet little ol' QPR are seen by everyone as the only club who has spent.

The season we went down we spent £36m but £12m of that was recouped a few months later as we sold Samba for what we paid and Remy is going for £2m more than we bought him for so that leaves a net spend of £22m. That's not a lot by PL standards.

Yes, the wages are high and that's what people are focussing on but a lot were free transfers.

Southampton were paying more for their players than we were when you factor in both the transfer fee and salary over the duration of the contract but people are only looking at the salaries we paying and judging on that.

"Castrating"

Teehee
Planet Swans on 12:14 - Jun 2 with 3187 viewsSwanjaxs

Planet Swans on 01:16 - Jun 2 by RangersAreBack

Diolch i chi am Ashley Williams.

Croeso butt

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Planet Swans on 12:19 - Jun 2 with 3167 viewseastside_r

Planet Swans on 11:59 - Jun 2 by LeonisGod

"I must also declare an interest that my cousin plays professional sport at the Liberty"

An egg chaser, or on the footie side?

The other sport.
Planet Swans on 12:24 - Jun 2 with 3149 viewsAunt_Nelly

Planet Swans on 12:19 - Jun 2 by eastside_r

The other sport.

Welsh Male Choir Premier League?
Planet Swans on 12:24 - Jun 2 with 3144 viewsSwanjaxs

Planet Swans on 12:19 - Jun 2 by eastside_r

The other sport.

That'll be sheep shagging then

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Planet Swans on 12:29 - Jun 2 with 3128 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 10:37 - Jun 2 by QPR442

I liked the post on Planet Swans calling us a small club? Swans fans seem to forget their 3K gates 10 years ago or are they all jumping on the bandwagon? If they don't like the English league they should f##k off back to the Welsh one, (which they should be in anyway).

Yeah, coz if you sank to League 2 you'd still be filling Loftus road.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Planet Swans on 12:33 - Jun 2 with 3102 viewsLeonisGod

Planet Swans on 12:05 - Jun 2 by Juzzie

What are QPR's figure like though? You dismiss the moneys earned from transfers, but net spend is the only important figure when it comes to living within your means. Your net spend in your last season in the prem was something like £37 million (in the top 4) and you posted £65 million debts. That's not sustainable, however you try and justify it.

But as you say, it shouldn't really reflect on the fans. It's a gamble that some owners seem prepared to take. It may work, but then it may not (e.g. Pompey).
Planet Swans on 12:33 - Jun 2 with 3099 viewsJuzzie

Planet Swans on 12:29 - Jun 2 by QuakerJack

2003/2004 in Division 1 (3rd tier) - average was 14,874. That's 81% of capacity.

In fact, our average attandance has remain pretty much the same throught the top 3 divisions whereas other clubs have huge swings depending what division they're in. The so-called sleeping giant north east clubs are a good example.

When we won at Middlesbrough a couple of months ago the attendace was 15,075, in a 35k capacity stadium. I'd bet they'd fill it if they got into the PL.

[Post edited 2 Jun 2014 13:03]
Planet Swans on 12:35 - Jun 2 with 3082 viewsJuzzie

Planet Swans on 12:33 - Jun 2 by LeonisGod

What are QPR's figure like though? You dismiss the moneys earned from transfers, but net spend is the only important figure when it comes to living within your means. Your net spend in your last season in the prem was something like £37 million (in the top 4) and you posted £65 million debts. That's not sustainable, however you try and justify it.

But as you say, it shouldn't really reflect on the fans. It's a gamble that some owners seem prepared to take. It may work, but then it may not (e.g. Pompey).

Sure, our sales weren't all that good but most of the debt is salaries and offset by the owners.

All I'm saying is that we are made out to be the only ones spending money but there are plenty of clubs doing it.

Even further down the Leagues clubs like Fleetwood and Crawley are overspending proportionally and are being offset by their wealthy owners.
Planet Swans on 12:41 - Jun 2 with 3059 viewssimmo

We have had 12-15k at LR in every league we've played. Including during administration and relegation. You're a team on the up, at the highest level in your history. We have gone from the best placed team in London, down to the lower leagues with only 5 professionals on our books, and everywhere in between, all in the last 20 years.

I am pleased for Swansea, play good football, run the club well and promote youth, a lot of things I would like to see more heavily implemented by QPR. But I wouldnt suffer your delusions of granduer, you're not bigger than us in terms of support and have a market to recruit from that unlike west London, is not saturated. In the last few years you've won the league cup and play offs, we have won the play offs and the Championship. We both live a little in the shadow of a club perceived to be bigger and more successful. You'll find we have more in common as clubs than you might think!

I hope we do sign Williams, because I think he would be a great signing for us, and if we get the sigings right and retain our spirit, as you did in 2011, we will be a very different QPR to the one people have derided so much in the last few years.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Planet Swans on 13:08 - Jun 2 with 2970 viewsJonDoeman

Dai Come Latelys!!

It Is What It Is !!

Planet Swans on 13:12 - Jun 2 with 2951 viewsTheBlob

We filled the old Wembley stadium when we were a third tier club.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024