Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans 15:18 - Jun 1 with 59031 viewsAlbRanger

Nice to see it's joined the Fans Network group. Only decent Swansea site and they really don't like us!

Hopefully a chance for some banter a la Rivals
Planet Swans on 00:12 - Jun 2 with 4222 viewsJackoBoostardo

There's one real reason I dislike QPR - And that's as you represent everything that's wrong about football.

Remember your last season in the Premier League - all the money you threw at a team that was in the end a mercenary group? Then consider how Swansea have done things - using a strict budget we've still managed to get quality players in to the club and stay in the Premier League (despite all the negativity we get about the lack of our spending). You don't need to spend big to play like giants.

Throwing money at a problem clearly doesn't fix it - and instead helps to break the game.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Planet Swans on 00:14 - Jun 2 with 4216 viewsSwanjaxs

Planet Swans on 00:06 - Jun 2 by Highjack

What sort of silly language is that?

Cer adra'r cont o sais hyll!!!!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Planet Swans on 00:21 - Jun 2 with 4204 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Planet Swans on 00:12 - Jun 2 by JackoBoostardo

There's one real reason I dislike QPR - And that's as you represent everything that's wrong about football.

Remember your last season in the Premier League - all the money you threw at a team that was in the end a mercenary group? Then consider how Swansea have done things - using a strict budget we've still managed to get quality players in to the club and stay in the Premier League (despite all the negativity we get about the lack of our spending). You don't need to spend big to play like giants.

Throwing money at a problem clearly doesn't fix it - and instead helps to break the game.

Maybe as a club but don't think our fans are any different from all other fans. There are plenty of us that didn't like what was happening to our club with the mercenaries that arrived.

Hopefully the people in charge have learnt from last time around so won't make the same mistakes again.

At the end of the day we are all being ripped off with ticket prices, kick off times etc and all aiming for somewhere above 17th place in a league that you or us have no chance whatsoever of winning.
Planet Swans on 00:40 - Jun 2 with 4154 viewsHighjack

Planet Swans on 00:14 - Jun 2 by Swanjaxs

Cer adra'r cont o sais hyll!!!!

Don't call me a cont butt.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Planet Swans on 01:16 - Jun 2 with 4133 viewsRangersAreBack

Planet Swans on 00:04 - Jun 2 by Swanjaxs

Cymru Am Byth! !

Diolch i chi am Ashley Williams.
Planet Swans on 01:24 - Jun 2 with 4125 viewsUplandsJack

Planet Swans on 01:16 - Jun 2 by RangersAreBack

Diolch i chi am Ashley Williams.

Lol.... I'll believe it when I see him standing next to HR and holding your shirt.
Can't see it happening myself, well not this season anyway!!!
Planet Swans on 01:27 - Jun 2 with 4123 viewsSonofNorfolt

The Zappa avatar was a good start from an endearment point of view, (on a par with Donald Fagen, Neil Peart, Karen Carpenter, JD Bradfield and the like) however general vitriol aimed at us is misplaced, mainly because it out of our hands, as it is out of yours with the Laudrup dismissal.
You got your ground for free as well, that was fukkin handy, as the main reason I want us to be in the top flight is that we will get a new stadium, otherwise it will not happen, and we will never get near to competing with the big clubs ever again.
We've had some shhiit to put up with over the previous decade, as have you, but the perception of QPR as a club is an unfair one from the general media concensus.
Was Bony a free transfer? Routledge only joined you because of our previous owners disinterest. Is Michu the Worldie he was touted to be?
Unless you get the cheque book out next season you may end up throwing good money after bad as we did during next season.
Now, to break the ice, tell the uninitiated Rangers faithful on here about the Cardiff swimming story.
Planet Swans on 06:43 - Jun 2 with 4042 viewsepaul

Planet Swans on 00:04 - Jun 2 by Swanjaxs

Cymru Am Byth! !

#welshnotbritish

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

Planet Swans on 07:19 - Jun 2 with 3993 viewsloftboy

Planet Swans on 06:43 - Jun 2 by epaul

#welshnotbritish

If you feel that strongly why don't you petition for Swansea to play in the welsh premier league then?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Planet Swans on 08:07 - Jun 2 with 3928 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 07:19 - Jun 2 by loftboy

If you feel that strongly why don't you petition for Swansea to play in the welsh premier league then?

That's a good one, I've never heard that before.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Planet Swans on 08:12 - Jun 2 with 3911 viewsAgedR

It's tattoo wars!

How exciting

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Planet Swans on 08:12 - Jun 2 with 3909 viewsHayesender

Come on, I wanna hear about this Cardiff swimming story

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Planet Swans on 08:30 - Jun 2 with 3877 viewsNatterjack

Planet Swans on 08:12 - Jun 2 by Hayesender

Come on, I wanna hear about this Cardiff swimming story

Cardiff had a 'firm' called the PVM's (Pure Violence Mob) who used to go around busting up kids when the odds in numbers were always 2:1 in their favour.
They come unstuck when , following a local derby game at the old Vetch, they got trapped on the near beach with numbers slightly against them. It was either swim or fight and they chose the latter. They haven't lived it down since and hate anyone taking the piss as it upsets their Soul Crew hard-man reputation.
Planet Swans on 08:39 - Jun 2 with 3851 viewsqprmick

Planet Swans on 08:30 - Jun 2 by Natterjack

Cardiff had a 'firm' called the PVM's (Pure Violence Mob) who used to go around busting up kids when the odds in numbers were always 2:1 in their favour.
They come unstuck when , following a local derby game at the old Vetch, they got trapped on the near beach with numbers slightly against them. It was either swim or fight and they chose the latter. They haven't lived it down since and hate anyone taking the piss as it upsets their Soul Crew hard-man reputation.

You lot have just redeemed yourselves right there, any footage of this event?
[Post edited 2 Jun 2014 11:51]

Qprmick

Planet Swans on 08:39 - Jun 2 with 3850 viewsHayesender

Planet Swans on 08:30 - Jun 2 by Natterjack

Cheers fella

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Planet Swans on 08:56 - Jun 2 with 3661 viewsrichranger

Planet Swans on 00:12 - Jun 2 by JackoBoostardo

Most QPR fans would agree with you - but we didn't have any say in the matter! Hopefully we have learnt our lesson this time.
Planet Swans on 09:03 - Jun 2 with 3655 viewsTheBlob

Planet Swans on 23:30 - Jun 1 by Darran

Yes several times.
Saw the Dweezmeister last year too.

Yes you look about the right vintage,join the club.Once bumped into Frank at the Hammersmith Odeon circa 1969,he was very spikey.
Funny thing about this part of Wales is you never see any Swansea shirts or supporters -it's all Man Ure or Scouse - you would have thought your good selves and Baaaaaardiff to have been well represented.
Rather strange outpost of Empire is Aberystwyth when you're the only R's in the village.But in the main the Welsh are a pretty docile and friendly lot and there's plenty of English mixed up in the lingo.....words like "funding" and "subsidies" seem to get used a lot.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Planet Swans on 09:18 - Jun 2 with 3625 viewsGloucs_R

Planet Swans on 00:02 - Jun 2 by Highjack

They should put a dragon on the Union Jack. Anybody else agree?

Joking aside, have you seen the new Union Flag if Scotland decide to leave the Union?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Planet Swans on 10:16 - Jun 2 with 3542 viewsballbag

Planet Swans on 09:18 - Jun 2 by Gloucs_R

Joking aside, have you seen the new Union Flag if Scotland decide to leave the Union?

That's the Ikurriña! Sort of.

[Post edited 2 Jun 2014 10:16]
Planet Swans on 10:20 - Jun 2 with 3528 viewsJonDoeman

Planet Swans on 09:03 - Jun 2 by TheBlob

Yes you look about the right vintage,join the club.Once bumped into Frank at the Hammersmith Odeon circa 1969,he was very spikey.
Funny thing about this part of Wales is you never see any Swansea shirts or supporters -it's all Man Ure or Scouse - you would have thought your good selves and Baaaaaardiff to have been well represented.
Rather strange outpost of Empire is Aberystwyth when you're the only R's in the village.But in the main the Welsh are a pretty docile and friendly lot and there's plenty of English mixed up in the lingo.....words like "funding" and "subsidies" seem to get used a lot.

Bet he knows Howard Marks as well!! Nice thread, turned out better than usual!

It Is What It Is !!

Planet Swans on 10:26 - Jun 2 with 3516 viewskomradkirk

Planet Swans on 23:17 - Jun 1 by epaul

It Certainly is Daz

As for QPR I hope you's lot aint gonna throw more bottles at us when were passing the springbok going back to the tube

I remember getting off the coaches on a trip to the Vetchfield for an FA Cup game and a volley of bottles launched at us in a show of National welcome.so glass houses and all that.
0-4 the scoreline that evening, an awful visit to Wales all round.Hopefully a trip to the new ground will be a bit more homely.

much love etc etc
Planet Swans on 10:37 - Jun 2 with 3473 viewsHighjack

Planet Swans on 09:18 - Jun 2 by Gloucs_R

I really like that, but I would emblazon a dragon on it, and perhaps a catchy slogan like "Fire and Passion." This would help us sell more Union Jacks in Malaysia.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Planet Swans on 10:37 - Jun 2 with 3476 viewsQPR442

I liked the post on Planet Swans calling us a small club? Swans fans seem to forget their 3K gates 10 years ago or are they all jumping on the bandwagon? If they don't like the English league they should f##k off back to the Welsh one, (which they should be in anyway).
Planet Swans on 10:40 - Jun 2 with 3468 viewsadhoc_qpr

I find the Swansea fans quite funny.

Preaching fiscal responsibility, when they were gifted a free stadium and i'm pretty sure paid more for Bony than we have for any player.

Moralising about their style of football, when they have the likes of Chico faking being hit to get people send off etc.

Mind you, i wish our chairman could keep such a tight rein on wages, tell agents to do one and had the same track record picking managers! Although i think they may have finally erred with Monk.
Planet Swans on 10:51 - Jun 2 with 3436 viewsHighjack

Planet Swans on 10:37 - Jun 2 by QPR442

I liked the post on Planet Swans calling us a small club? Swans fans seem to forget their 3K gates 10 years ago or are they all jumping on the bandwagon? If they don't like the English league they should f##k off back to the Welsh one, (which they should be in anyway).

Coming over here, taking our Premier league places.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024