Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most Overrated 21:08 - Oct 3 with 11211 viewsBartRowou

Band, Dale player and fruit.

Band - Joy Division: 3 good songs and not much else. The band "indie" fans name-check but rarely listen to.

Dale player - Le Fondre. Not much more than a goal-poacher.

Fruit - orange. You just can't relax with one due to the mess they create upon eating.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Most Overrated on 16:16 - Oct 5 with 2177 viewsTVOS1907

Most Overrated on 16:12 - Oct 5 by SuddenLad

Torquay 4 - Rochdale 1.

Spare us that, please TVOS. Being there was punishment enough.

I'll put it up if anyone asks nicely.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Most Overrated on 16:21 - Oct 5 with 2171 viewsD_Alien

Most Overrated on 16:16 - Oct 5 by TVOS1907

Well, I say...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Most Overrated on 16:27 - Oct 5 with 2150 views442Dale

Most Overrated on 16:16 - Oct 5 by TVOS1907

Does it show Dickins receiving goalkeeping tips after the game?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Most Overrated on 16:54 - Oct 5 with 2110 viewsSkiptonDale

Band - Kaiser Chiefs (can't believe no-one else has said them!)

Dale Player - Nicky Adams. Rarely beat the first man with his cross, and rarely attempted to beat them one-on-one.

Fruit - Anything with a lot of pips!
Most Overrated on 16:55 - Oct 5 with 2110 viewsRAFC_1994

Band - Not really a band, but I never really understood how Jamie T made it so big.

Dale Player - At the moment, I'll plump for Joe Bunney. He's got potential, but he looks lost in games atm.

Fruit - Kiwi. I really don't get it.
Most Overrated on 17:36 - Oct 5 with 2070 viewsTVOS1907

Most Overrated on 16:27 - Oct 5 by 442Dale

Does it show Dickins receiving goalkeeping tips after the game?

Unfortunately not.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Most Overrated on 09:57 - Oct 6 with 1977 viewsBarryStrange

Band - although I think the worst band I have ever seen live were Alkaline Trio (made us wait nearly 2 hours to come on and had fooked off again in 45 uninspiring minutes), I am going to go for INXS as the most overrated band. Tedious, bland generic non-rock supporting Hutchence groaning disturbingly into a microphone.

Joy Division is a very good shout though.

Most overrated Dale player - Whilst at Dale I could never see the fuss about Rickie Lambert but I will admit he's more than shut that up since; so I will have to join the Ashley Grimes bandwagon. Apparently he had a good spell at Lincoln - seriously how long can the lazy lump of faeces dine out on that for? No idea how we got him off the wage bill and how his agent got him a move to Walsall but at least I don't have to watch him anymore.

Fruit- Melon. Leave a glass of water on the side for about 4 days then drink it. Welcome to the taste of melon. Throw in the fact that my daughters love the stuff yet are incapable of not spreading across the entire sodding dining room and frankly the world would be better off without it.
Most Overrated on 11:32 - Oct 6 with 1942 viewsColDale

Most Overrated on 09:57 - Oct 6 by BarryStrange

Band - although I think the worst band I have ever seen live were Alkaline Trio (made us wait nearly 2 hours to come on and had fooked off again in 45 uninspiring minutes), I am going to go for INXS as the most overrated band. Tedious, bland generic non-rock supporting Hutchence groaning disturbingly into a microphone.

Joy Division is a very good shout though.

Most overrated Dale player - Whilst at Dale I could never see the fuss about Rickie Lambert but I will admit he's more than shut that up since; so I will have to join the Ashley Grimes bandwagon. Apparently he had a good spell at Lincoln - seriously how long can the lazy lump of faeces dine out on that for? No idea how we got him off the wage bill and how his agent got him a move to Walsall but at least I don't have to watch him anymore.

Fruit- Melon. Leave a glass of water on the side for about 4 days then drink it. Welcome to the taste of melon. Throw in the fact that my daughters love the stuff yet are incapable of not spreading across the entire sodding dining room and frankly the world would be better off without it.

It said a lot that after signing for Walsall, he referred to his time at Bury as being almost a blip and cited his time at Dale as being a success. If he sees his two years with us as being a success, it probably explains his lack of effort over the years.

Wonder whether he'll get his first goal since April 2013 tomorrow night in the JPT.
Login to get fewer ads

Most Overrated on 12:28 - Oct 6 with 1898 viewsjudd

Most Overrated on 11:32 - Oct 6 by ColDale

It said a lot that after signing for Walsall, he referred to his time at Bury as being almost a blip and cited his time at Dale as being a success. If he sees his two years with us as being a success, it probably explains his lack of effort over the years.

Wonder whether he'll get his first goal since April 2013 tomorrow night in the JPT.

Are you expecting them to put their second string out,Col?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Most Overrated on 13:09 - Oct 6 with 1870 viewsSandyman

Bruce Springsteen
Lee Hodges
Melon
Most Overrated on 16:51 - Oct 6 with 1822 viewsaleanddale

Beatles for me too. Just never saw what all the fuss was about..

Lee Hodges

I concur with the Dragon Fruit post. wretched fruit that.
Most Overrated on 19:33 - Oct 6 with 1781 viewsfinberty

The Smiths - in those days supporting Dale was depressing enough.
Paul Tait / Alan Young / Richard Jobson / Lee Hodges
Raspberries
Most Overrated on 19:55 - Oct 6 with 1753 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Most Overrated on 16:51 - Oct 6 by aleanddale

Beatles for me too. Just never saw what all the fuss was about..

Lee Hodges

I concur with the Dragon Fruit post. wretched fruit that.

Try listening to the:
the inventiveness of Strawberry Fields or Tomorrow Never Knows (Chemical Brothers 30 years before the Chemical Brothers;
the diversity of the White Album;
the second side (in old money) of Abbey Road;
the desperation of For No One and She's Leaving Home or the introspection of In My Life and Julia;
the pastoral beauty of Mother Nature's son or Blackbird and/or
the sheer rock raucousness of Helter Skelter, I'm Down or Hey Bulldog.

How you can think below is overrated and be alive is beyond me. Still, there's no accounting for taste.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Most Overrated on 19:56 - Oct 6 with 1751 viewsjudd

Most Overrated on 19:55 - Oct 6 by BigDaveMyCock

Try listening to the:
the inventiveness of Strawberry Fields or Tomorrow Never Knows (Chemical Brothers 30 years before the Chemical Brothers;
the desperation of For No One and She's Leaving Home or the introspection of In My Life and Julia;

How you can think below is overrated and be alive is beyond me. Still, there's no accounting for taste.

Taste, featuring Rory Gallagher were ACE. Not Ace, the Sheffield band, or Ace, one of the made up buffoons off of Kiss.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Most Overrated on 20:01 - Oct 6 with 1739 viewsSuddenLad

Most Overrated on 19:56 - Oct 6 by judd

Taste, featuring Rory Gallagher were ACE. Not Ace, the Sheffield band, or Ace, one of the made up buffoons off of Kiss.

Down at the Laundromat.

Bullfrog Blues

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Most Overrated on 21:39 - Oct 6 with 1689 viewsD_Alien

Try listening to the:

I wouldn't say that was a great choice as an example of what made the Beatles special.

What anyone born after 1970 sometimes just doesn't get is how they transformed the cultural outlook of the country with their irreverence in an early-60's Britain still looking backwards to the war (ahem!) and paved the way for virtually every new musical genre (apart from rap) that we've witnessed since. And of course, none of that would've happened if their music wasn't life-enhancing. I'd defy anyone to watch this and not feel how the very air around them changed when they played. It certainly ruffled a few feathers among the city types in the streets below!

[Post edited 6 Oct 2014 21:48]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Most Overrated on 17:52 - Oct 7 with 1563 viewsaleanddale

Try listening to the:

You could be right Big Fella!!

You want to see my dress sense as well!!!

At least i got my football team right!!
Most Overrated on 18:28 - Oct 7 with 1540 viewsNewbury_Dale

Most Overrated on 12:39 - Oct 4 by ColDale

Queen
McCourt
Strawberries

McCourt a terrible choice IMO. The most naturally gifted player I'll ever see in a Dale shirt.
Most Overrated on 18:32 - Oct 7 with 1537 viewsChaffRAFC

Most Overrated on 18:28 - Oct 7 by Newbury_Dale

McCourt a terrible choice IMO. The most naturally gifted player I'll ever see in a Dale shirt.

I agree but I see where Col's coming from. For all the collective w@nking we do over the lad, and justifiably so, his actual contribution for Dale is very little and eventually got released. He's therefore the personification of the word overrated surely?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024