Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Announcements Tuesday? 14:11 - May 4 with 20114 viewsNov77

Tony's tweeting about announcements been made tomorrow which 'should please you'.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Announcements Tuesday? on 10:26 - May 5 with 3351 viewsGloucs_R

Announcements Tuesday? on 10:17 - May 5 by Rangersw12

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-training-ground-warren-farm-planning-permi

That wont be it.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Announcements Tuesday? on 10:33 - May 5 with 3286 viewswombat

Announcements Tuesday? on 10:26 - May 5 by Gloucs_R

That wont be it.

toilet water pressuer in lower loft bogs is where my moneys going

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Announcements Tuesday? on 10:42 - May 5 with 3219 viewsBlue_Castello

Announcements Tuesday? on 10:26 - May 5 by Gloucs_R

That wont be it.

Sorry can't help feeling that's the news and IF it actually goes ahead it will be a massive step in the right direction, what else are you expecting before the end of the season.....
Announcements Tuesday? on 10:42 - May 5 with 3219 viewsWeaverQPR

Does revised mean cut back because we are skint?

@WeavQPR

Announcements Tuesday? on 10:50 - May 5 with 3152 viewsGloucs_R

Announcements Tuesday? on 10:42 - May 5 by Blue_Castello

Sorry can't help feeling that's the news and IF it actually goes ahead it will be a massive step in the right direction, what else are you expecting before the end of the season.....

A bit more...

Poll: Are we staying up?

Announcements Tuesday? on 10:51 - May 5 with 3163 viewswombat

Announcements Tuesday? on 10:42 - May 5 by WeaverQPR

jumpers for goal posts !!!

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Announcements Tuesday? on 10:51 - May 5 with 3154 viewsJamie

Announcements Tuesday? on 10:42 - May 5 by WeaverQPR

Pretty much, yes.

Initially WF was billed as the be all and end all of training grounds. Then - once things went tits up off & on the pitch - Uncle Tone announced that the quality of facilities were overrated and it was 'all about the people'....

Still maintain that ground won't be broken there by QPR in any of our lifetimes.
Announcements Tuesday? on 11:00 - May 5 with 3091 viewsAntti_Heinola

Announcement very much seems to be part of the club taking a different tack with the local community - more conciliatory and more involved, which can only be a good thing. Looks much more likely to go ahead as really the only delay was the campaign by locals against it.

PS: Jamie is 93!

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Announcements Tuesday? on 11:03 - May 5 with 3076 viewsWeaverQPR

Announcements Tuesday? on 10:51 - May 5 by Jamie

Pretty much, yes.

Initially WF was billed as the be all and end all of training grounds. Then - once things went tits up off & on the pitch - Uncle Tone announced that the quality of facilities were overrated and it was 'all about the people'....

Still maintain that ground won't be broken there by QPR in any of our lifetimes.

WF also known Never Never Land, a mythical place

@WeavQPR

Announcements Tuesday? on 11:04 - May 5 with 3065 viewsadhoc_qpr

More vague plans which may or may not ever come to fruition - big whoop...

Maybe in another 2 years when we are in League 2 we'll submit a re-re-revised plan with a dedicated path through the middle of the 3G pitch for Bob Smith to walk his dog through.
Announcements Tuesday? on 11:07 - May 5 with 3050 viewsWeaverQPR

TF starts feeling the heat and suddenly theres a WF update hmmmm.
All we need now is for him give away a few free flights to Singapore and everybody is eating out of his hand!

@WeavQPR

Announcements Tuesday? on 11:09 - May 5 with 3038 viewsBasingstokeR

Announcements Tuesday? on 11:00 - May 5 by Antti_Heinola

Announcement very much seems to be part of the club taking a different tack with the local community - more conciliatory and more involved, which can only be a good thing. Looks much more likely to go ahead as really the only delay was the campaign by locals against it.

93! Silver Surfers are everywhere now aren't they.

Announcements Tuesday? on 11:11 - May 5 with 3012 viewsJuzzie

I know hindsight is an easy thing but the 170-odd million pounds spunked on making an awful lot of players very wealthy should have been spent on the training ground and a big chunk of the stadium.

When we came up under Warnock we had been completely screwed over by Briatore selling a week or so before the window closed meaning we acquired not only bottom of the barrel players but on long and very expensive contracts.
They were available a week before the window closed for a reason..... no one wanted them!! We should have offered them a more reasonable package and if they didn't accept it then no deal. Yet they must have been pi$$ing themselevs laughing at the ludicrous contracty offered such was the desperation of the new owners.

What have any of them actually achieved for QPR anyway? I can only think of 'that' goal at Chelsea and to be honest, I'd rather not have had that if it mean saving £100m+ and being much further down the line with the training grounds etc.

We've been playing catch-up ever since. I'd rather we didn't spend any of that and gone down first time around.
The desperation to be in the PL at all costs has caused so much damage. Get into the PL, yes, but do it right allowing us to be sustainable.

Hopefully they will now be more prgamatic but we've lost 2-3 years (and them a lot of money) as a result.

edit: regarding his comment on the OP "Tired of journalists making up stuff." - is there not a code of practise/conduct etc that journalists have to abide by? I too am sick of the utter ballcrap they seem to be able to come up with without any responsibilty for things like facts or the truth.

[Post edited 5 May 2015 11:43]
Announcements Tuesday? on 11:16 - May 5 with 2976 viewsAntti_Heinola

Announcements Tuesday? on 11:04 - May 5 by adhoc_qpr

More vague plans which may or may not ever come to fruition - big whoop...

Maybe in another 2 years when we are in League 2 we'll submit a re-re-revised plan with a dedicated path through the middle of the 3G pitch for Bob Smith to walk his dog through.

How are they vague? Have you seen them?
I'm no TF cheerleader but sometimes this stuff gets really, really boring.

Bare bones.

Announcements Tuesday? on 11:22 - May 5 with 2924 viewsNorthernr

Announcements Tuesday? on 11:16 - May 5 by Antti_Heinola

He does have half a point though. It's always an announcement about something we're planning to do, or something we've learnt not to do again, and nothing ever comes of it.
Announcements Tuesday? on 11:37 - May 5 with 2804 viewsJuzzie

I'm not taking any notice of anything until I actually see Tony with a spade in his hand, Air Asia cap and yellow fluorescent jacket donned, and JCB's idling in the background then moving into place a few mintues after the photo-call has been done.
Announcements Tuesday? on 11:46 - May 5 with 2751 viewsadhoc_qpr

Announcements Tuesday? on 11:16 - May 5 by Antti_Heinola

I'm not saying the plans are vague, the announcement is vague.

We submitted plans 2 years ago and it came to effectively nothing, why is this different?

Also the plans will be looked at in 'summer 2015' so no definite date and that's still assuming there are no objections etc this time.

I'm glad they are still working on this, but don't big up announcements until they have some substance.
Announcements Tuesday? on 11:47 - May 5 with 2747 viewsJamie

Announcements Tuesday? on 11:00 - May 5 by Antti_Heinola

They won the fight against the local residents, and then when everything was in place, they mysteriously delayed everything to vastly scale down the plans, go back for planning and another inevitable drawn out fight against the same residents.

A cynic might suggest they are playing for time.
Announcements Tuesday? on 11:49 - May 5 with 2727 viewsdaveB

Announcements Tuesday? on 11:47 - May 5 by Jamie

They won the fight against the local residents, and then when everything was in place, they mysteriously delayed everything to vastly scale down the plans, go back for planning and another inevitable drawn out fight against the same residents.

A cynic might suggest they are playing for time.

They won the first legal fight but lost the next one and it still hasn't been resolved.
Announcements Tuesday? on 11:50 - May 5 with 2724 viewsWeaverQPR

IMO they should just shelve everything and concentrate on getting 18 players for next season who can pass to each other.

@WeavQPR

Announcements Tuesday? on 12:12 - May 5 with 2607 viewsconnell10

really and im mean really have no interest in anything tony says!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Announcements Tuesday? on 12:18 - May 5 with 2575 viewsSaycey

Actually, arch-cynic that I am, I'm quite pleased about this announcement.

I (along with others) have complained that we are £x in debt with nothing to show for it. This announcement is very much a step in the right direction. If we are going to have sustainable success we need suitable facilities.

Yes it is more "talk about talk". Our club is great at that. But if it means that Warren Farm is a step closer to fruition then that has to be good news. I was very struck at WBA recently looking at their impressive academy facilities while walking to the Hawthorns. If something similar can come to fruition for Rangers it would, IMHO, be much more important than Old Oak.

As many have said before though I will be even happier when there is a spade in the ground.
Announcements Tuesday? on 12:48 - May 5 with 2398 viewssimmo

Stop waving it about and start fcking.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Announcements Tuesday? on 13:29 - May 5 with 2194 viewsNorthernr

Announcements Tuesday? on 11:50 - May 5 by WeaverQPR

IMO they should just shelve everything and concentrate on getting 18 players for next season who can pass to each other.

exactly the attitude that got us £200m into debt with nothing to show for it in the first place.
Announcements Tuesday? on 13:43 - May 5 with 2095 viewseccles

Why couldn't he have said this yesterday?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024