Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dorus De Vries lol 22:20 - Jul 27 with 5456 viewsDarran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/stayed-Swansea-City-says-Dorus-Vries/sto

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Dorus De Vries lol on 22:30 - Jul 27 with 4146 viewsSwansNZ

f*ck him

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Dorus De Vries lol on 22:52 - Jul 27 with 4039 viewsMarryGonk

I remember him saying to not just play in the Premier League, but "stay in it" as a parting shot.

As that man said, F*ck him.

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

Dorus De Vries lol on 23:06 - Jul 27 with 3961 viewsScoobyWho

The guys a millionaire, no tears.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Dorus De Vries lol on 02:15 - Jul 28 with 3723 viewsJack123

I was quite pissed off the way he went, but reading that made me smile..:)

libera nos a malo

Dorus De Vries lol on 02:26 - Jul 28 with 3713 viewsStarsky

I'm sure the likes of Leon Britton told Dorus and Pratley not to leave. No one does well after leaving the Swans in the circumstances that they did. They did anyway. They thought they new better.
Thanks for your efforts while at the Swans.
You can both regret at your leisure. Languishing in the lower leagues.

It's just the internet, init.

Dorus De Vries lol on 04:00 - Jul 28 with 3659 viewsdeanscfc

Excellent player when he was with us. Disappointing how he left but he was thinking of his career and made a mistake.
Dorus De Vries lol on 04:07 - Jul 28 with 3652 viewsBilly_the_Bugle

He had the chance to be part of the success but instead chose the glamour (😂😂😂) of Wolves.

There you go!!!!
Dorus De Vries lol on 06:07 - Jul 28 with 3580 viewsDr_Winston

He'd have been on the bench soon enough here.

Never a PL standard keeper.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Dorus De Vries lol on 07:06 - Jul 28 with 3462 viewsjack247

Dorus De Vries lol on 06:07 - Jul 28 by Dr_Winston

Worse than that, we probably would not have signed Vorm if we already had an established #1. He was fantastic first season and it could have turned out very differently had we started with Dorus's.
Dorus De Vries lol on 07:07 - Jul 28 with 3462 viewsAngelRangelQS

Same with Pratley.

You may as well sit on the bench for 40k a week than 20k
Dorus De Vries lol on 07:17 - Jul 28 with 3434 viewsdeanscfc

Impossible to say....when he was here i remember us bresking clean sheet records and him being hailed by the fans. Whi would have thought Leon Britton would have had so much in the PL years ago?
Dorus De Vries lol on 07:35 - Jul 28 with 3384 viewsBloodyhills

The grass isn't always greener on the other pitch and rarely is for ex Swansea players. As a club we seem to get the best out of players.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Dorus De Vries lol on 08:06 - Jul 28 with 3301 viewsWhiterockin

Dorus De Vries lol on 07:06 - Jul 28 by jack247

Worse than that, we probably would not have signed Vorm if we already had an established #1. He was fantastic first season and it could have turned out very differently had we started with Dorus's.

Exactly. Players leaving us for "better clubs" has enabled us to grow and become a better club than the ones players left us for.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Dorus De Vries lol on 08:44 - Jul 28 with 3215 viewsoldcob

Serve him right. No loyalty whatsoever.
Dorus De Vries lol on 09:25 - Jul 28 with 3121 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed.

This was ,in fairness, a time when we had some spectacularly overated players who got very lucky with us.

Pratley the biggest loss and without doubt the one who made the biggest mistake in moving when and where he did, but as is said, fookem

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Dorus De Vries lol on 09:55 - Jul 28 with 3032 viewslifelong

Dorus De Vries lol on 09:25 - Jul 28 by perchrockjack

Indeed.

This was ,in fairness, a time when we had some spectacularly overated players who got very lucky with us.

Pratley the biggest loss and without doubt the one who made the biggest mistake in moving when and where he did, but as is said, fookem

These spectacularly overrated players were the one's responsible for gaining us promotion to the Premier League, we didn't say fook em at the time.
Yes, they may have made a mistake, who hasn't?.
Good luck for the future Dorus and thanks for the memories.
Dorus De Vries lol on 09:57 - Jul 28 with 3018 viewsperchrockjack

F 55.

I ll have brown shoes on

Dorus De Vries lol on 10:17 - Jul 28 with 2975 viewsjack247

Dorus De Vries lol on 09:25 - Jul 28 by perchrockjack

Indeed.

Pratley was the easiest one to understand as he wasn't getting in our starting 11. I think it was a tactic to let him go box to box against tiring legs rather than a reflection on his ability, but if I was playing 20-30 minutes a game and a bigger (at the time) club came in and promised me more money and game time, I'd have gone too.
Dorus De Vries lol on 10:32 - Jul 28 with 2940 viewsraynor94

Dorus De Vries lol on 09:55 - Jul 28 by lifelong

These spectacularly overrated players were the one's responsible for gaining us promotion to the Premier League, we didn't say fook em at the time.

Great post, I'm with you Dorus was a good servant whilst here, made a mistake in leaving, but we got better in, so no hard feelings from me

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Dorus De Vries lol on 10:44 - Jul 28 with 2905 viewsperchrockjack

Forgive me friends for that little piece of nostalgia.

I can face the rest of the day now

Dorus De Vries lol on 10:46 - Jul 28 with 2903 viewsjack247

Dorus De Vries lol on 09:55 - Jul 28 by lifelong

Spectacularly overrated is harsh. Many of that team were on the cusp of being very, very good championship players but below average Premier league players. I'd put Dorus, Monk, Tate, Gower, Pratley, Dobbie, perhaps even Sinclair and Borini into that category.
Dorus De Vries lol on 10:48 - Jul 28 with 2895 viewsirememberivor

We should all be happy that he went. I never rated him highly, and there is no doubt that Vorm was a great keeper for us in our first Premier League season. I have a strong feeling that De Vries could even have taken us down - or at least been replaced in the January window.
Dorus De Vries lol on 10:52 - Jul 28 with 2888 viewsWhiterockin

Dorus De Vries lol on 10:46 - Jul 28 by jack247

Spectacularly overrated is harsh. Many of that team were on the cusp of being very, very good championship players but below average Premier league players. I'd put Dorus, Monk, Tate, Gower, Pratley, Dobbie, perhaps even Sinclair and Borini into that category.

6 of that 8 won us the play off final the other 2 came off the bench. The rest of the starting 11 are still with us apart from Allen.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Dorus De Vries lol on 11:12 - Jul 28 with 2845 viewsperchrockjack

Gower most certain WAS-IMO. He was once refered to as "great".

De VRIES and crosses- have a think

Pratley was a very good player for us.

ALL ABOUT OPINIONS CHIEF and IM OUT

Dorus De Vries lol on 12:12 - Jul 28 with 2741 viewsDevz00

Great to see him admit that it was the wrong move. I was gutted when he went but it was the best thing for us. Never a Prem keeper. Vorm was a huge upgrade.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024