Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback 12:56 - Aug 5 with 12267 viewsActonOccident

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/samba-diakite-wants-to-stay-wls-football8819

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 14:08 - Aug 5 with 2876 viewsSomersetHoops

Perhaps he was just following orders and interpreted them with his knee high horizontal tackles and just perhaps CR could get him to calm down and use the skill he has in a more controlled way. He may have matured a bit and started to realise that to be recognised as useful to any team you need to be able to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes.

He has speed and skill and a certain presence that would make him seem almost ideal as a right back if he could only reign in his tendencies to mad moments. Its a risk, but our whole strategy this season is risky and that adds excitement which has been really lacking recently at QPR. I would rather we tried a few things like this than play for boring safety which was the MO of Hughes and Redknapp. Is it possible that, win or lose, football at LR could be fun again?

Who's Next?

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 14:09 - Aug 5 with 2873 viewsMatch82

If we are mid table wi y a few games to go and nothing to play for, he should be told "play wherever you want, just get stuck in". Would give the fans some entertainment at least
Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 15:57 - Aug 5 with 2697 viewsQPunkR

The man - the legend - needs to play.

Don't even give him a position, just point him in the direction of the ball/opposition and let him go!

I'm praying he plays on Sat!
ALL HAIL SAMBA! HAIL HIM I SAY!!!

QPR - "shit but local"

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 16:02 - Aug 5 with 2675 viewsblacky200

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 15:57 - Aug 5 by QPunkR

The man - the legend - needs to play.

Don't even give him a position, just point him in the direction of the ball/opposition and let him go!

I'm praying he plays on Sat!
ALL HAIL SAMBA! HAIL HIM I SAY!!!

Yep start feeding him raw meat and keep him chained up in a darkened room and let him loose on Charlton.
Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 16:04 - Aug 5 with 2672 viewspaulparker

Yeah I have a soft spot for a mental head who has played about 20 games
In 3 years whilst earning 30k a week , oh what a rascal he is
But yet slag off adel who actually made a contribution to this club
And gave us may good memories
Some of you lot want a word with yourselves

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 16:15 - Aug 5 with 2621 viewsblacky200

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 16:04 - Aug 5 by paulparker

Yes how dare we have an independent thought that doesn't match yours.
I apologise unreservedly and promise never to express an opinion again without clearing it with you first.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2015 16:17]
Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 16:17 - Aug 5 with 2612 viewsHunterhoop

No one knows what he earns. Can we stop making up figures.

He's been on loan (ie. off the wage books) for much of that time too.

He wants to be here and wants to play. Whilst the bear minimum expectation of our players, it's a step up on some over the last few years.

He has shown talent in glimpses for us which means he has the ability, it's just how often he displays it.

How about we support him this season? What's to lose?
Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 16:19 - Aug 5 with 2600 viewsDiscodroids

take a bow PP..

were supposedly a professional football club , not M.I.N.D.

He can get on the citollopram, efexor , lithium and various other Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors at another club of his choosing

what a chad valley chump chop waste of money, more draining on our meagre resources than Gemma collins auto cervix intruder on the essex power grid

A Number One.

Login to get fewer ads

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 16:19 - Aug 5 with 2601 viewsadhoc_qpr

I do love his ability to pick up the ball and just drive forward, going past players as if they aren't there.

He did look like Viera-lite in that game versus Arsenal and ideal to help us quickly transition from defence to attack, putting the oppo on the back foot.

Whether the rest of his game (and his brain) can be trained up to scratch is the big question mark.

I'm happy to keep him for one more year and see if he can contribute - although if he's on £30k a week i expect he'll be off to the UAE or something on loan again.
Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 16:24 - Aug 5 with 2579 viewsfakekerby

He's actually a very good attacking midfielder, why anyone in their right mind sticks him in a defensive role is beyond me. It would be like using Paul Scholes as a ball winning midfielder.
Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 16:35 - Aug 5 with 2546 viewspaulparker

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 16:15 - Aug 5 by blacky200

Yes how dare we have an independent thought that doesn't match yours.
I apologise unreservedly and promise never to express an opinion again without clearing it with you first.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2015 16:17]

Ooo touchy

Get over yourself will ya

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 16:47 - Aug 5 with 2516 viewsBklynRanger

Right back? That would be fcuking madness. Every picture I've seen of him recently seems to involve another player jumping out of a tackle. There was another one yesterday where Doughty appears to be laughing while jumping over Diakite's leg after a massive, divot-loosening lunge. He'd be a human penalty machine!

Anyway, Adel helped us immensely during promotion and then occasionally after that. Then he came out and talked a good game but either didn't get his chance to play again or didn't bother.

Diakite was signed based on his great promise, then by all accounts had a long and difficult struggle with depression. What should he have done, torn up his lucrative contract? Has that ever happened? He's obviously benefited from the money that Hughes etc threw around but I don't see the point of holding that against him.
Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 16:50 - Aug 5 with 2494 viewsJamie

£30k a week? He'd be lucky to be on a third of that.

As for Taarabt, he too managed about 20 games in his last 3 years here, on over £60k per week.
Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 16:52 - Aug 5 with 2491 viewsstevec

Thanks for the offer Samba but you can fck right off now, Fers back.
Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 16:57 - Aug 5 with 2470 viewsbarbicanranger

You just never know in football. Personally, I would love it if Samba finally settles and finds his form and has a fantastic season for us. He certainly adds something different to the midfield starting lineup that none of the other midfielders we have can.

Never forget that home game against arsenal in prem when he scored the winner. I fully expected wenger to sign him that summer.
Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 17:01 - Aug 5 with 2379 viewsstevec

I can remember him in that Arsenal game where he was good. Unfortunately I can remember practically all his other games where he was absolute shite.
Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 17:09 - Aug 5 with 2335 viewswestberksr

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 13:37 - Aug 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Am I alone in having a soft spot for this chap? If rumours are to be believed and he has a genuine mental illness then I can't hate him.

I saw flashes of a poor man's Vieira in him.

No ill feeling here.

pretty much this. a completely different set of problems to most of the kunts we've signed in recent years.

after that first loan spell i could remember fondly the way he glided with the ball and scored against the gooners (the first 30 minutes against Foolham was as X rated a performance as I can recall though)
Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 17:14 - Aug 5 with 2320 viewsDiscodroids

hes played around 40 games of football since whitney housten turned up her toes, less than one game a month over the last 43 months whilst getting paid

whose the mad one, us or him ?.

A Number One.

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 17:27 - Aug 5 with 2281 viewsingeminate

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 17:14 - Aug 5 by Discodroids

hes played around 40 games of football since whitney housten turned up her toes, less than one game a month over the last 43 months whilst getting paid

whose the mad one, us or him ?.

He was awesome against Atalanta, end of the day we all want to win and if he plays like that regularly he'll help us out no end.

Plus whenever I see him run out makes me smile, bit like Georgie Santos did. Rangers attracts all sorts of weirdos, some post, some play. Viva la difference!!!

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 17:32 - Aug 5 with 2273 viewsPunteR

The blokes a loony. I have absolutely no idea if he can even play football to a professional standard. Yes at times he looked like the next Vierra but most of the time he looked like he was having a kickabout on the plains of Mali.
Not sure what his mental state is really like,hopefully he got himself sorted and we can start getting the best out of him.
Surprised Mark Hughes hasn't come in for him as he obviously saw his potential .
[Post edited 5 Aug 2015 17:39]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 17:35 - Aug 5 with 2268 viewsstevec

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 17:32 - Aug 5 by PunteR

The blokes a loony. I have absolutely no idea if he can even play football to a professional standard. Yes at times he looked like the next Vierra but most of the time he looked like he was having a kickabout on the plains of Mali.
Not sure what his mental state is really like,hopefully he got himself sorted and we can start getting the best out of him.
Surprised Mark Hughes hasn't come in for him as he obviously saw his potential .
[Post edited 5 Aug 2015 17:39]

I reckon Hughes wanted to send him back fifteen minutes into his first game.
Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 17:46 - Aug 5 with 2239 viewsderbyhoop

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 16:50 - Aug 5 by Jamie

£30k a week? He'd be lucky to be on a third of that.

As for Taarabt, he too managed about 20 games in his last 3 years here, on over £60k per week.

Sounds about right. Watford were carping at his £10k per week wages when we wanted to loan him out 2 years ago. I doubt he's done much to merit an increase in that time.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 17:57 - Aug 5 with 2218 viewshopphoops

In the first Italy friendly he was showered and changed after putting two in the back of the net, while Hoilett was still wandering around behind the long jump pit with a netting bag looking for the dozen or so balls he'd spooned over the bar and into the trees. I know who I'd prefer to keep.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 18:17 - Aug 5 with 2180 viewsDiscodroids

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 17:27 - Aug 5 by ingeminate

He was awesome against Atalanta, end of the day we all want to win and if he plays like that regularly he'll help us out no end.

Plus whenever I see him run out makes me smile, bit like Georgie Santos did. Rangers attracts all sorts of weirdos, some post, some play. Viva la difference!!!

hes different all right mate, over £5 million in transfer fee and wages to strut round drinking his own pissfor 3 and a half years in a kilner jar.

hes not insane, hes a genius .

makes traore seem like inspired business.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2015 18:19]

A Number One.

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 18:18 - Aug 5 with 2178 views1BobbyHazell

Samba Diakité volunteers to cover at rightback on 17:35 - Aug 5 by stevec

I reckon Hughes wanted to send him back fifteen minutes into his first game.

Why did he sign him on a permanent after the initial loan then?

He was excellent in the survival run in, which is why I can't remember a single poster being anything but pleased when we signed him on a permanent that summer. Then, if the reports are true, several members of his family were murdered and not suprisingly he lost the mental focus required to play at the same level. Sad and very unfortunate. People being angry about that is a bit weird. He's no Boswinga.

I'd love to see in lining up on Saturday, he could be awful ,he could be brilliant. Fu*k it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024