Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
next manager... 22:15 - Nov 3 with 37049 viewsGloucs_R

Who do we want that is realistic?

Poll: Are we staying up?

next manager... on 13:03 - Nov 5 with 2566 viewscaptainmycaptian

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/ssb/images/1/15/This-is-sparta-o.gif/revisio
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 13:06]
next manager... on 13:06 - Nov 5 with 2556 viewsClive_Anderson

next manager... on 12:58 - Nov 5 by 1BobbyHazell

I'm not sure that anyone is upset at Ramsey's sacking because they feel we have lost a potentially good manager Clive. It seems to be more an upset about the nature of how the club is run and it's lack of ability to find and stick to a way of running the club with philosophies and actions in place to create a positive mid to long term future that embraces modern football on and off the pitch. I appreciate that those are not easy things to achieve but it appears that we are no nearer to it than at the start of TF's reign.

Thus the appointing of managers who we have previously sacked in the likes of Holloway and Warnock would just feel like desperate measures that push us further back into the past proving that the owners are/feel incapable of creating and sticking to any worthwhile long term plan.

Fair enough, although I just fail to see the potential in Ramsey myself.

Reappointing an old manager isn't necessarily a bad idea if they are good enough. Plus Holloway and Warnock have some goodwill from their last time in charge that would help bring the stability that people are asking for. Not to mention they've both achieved promotion multiple times in the past.

It all strikes me as any move that Fernandes makes now is going to be criticised even when it is the right decision.
next manager... on 13:16 - Nov 5 with 2515 views1BobbyHazell

next manager... on 13:06 - Nov 5 by Clive_Anderson

Fair enough, although I just fail to see the potential in Ramsey myself.

Reappointing an old manager isn't necessarily a bad idea if they are good enough. Plus Holloway and Warnock have some goodwill from their last time in charge that would help bring the stability that people are asking for. Not to mention they've both achieved promotion multiple times in the past.

It all strikes me as any move that Fernandes makes now is going to be criticised even when it is the right decision.

Maybe, I'll get behind whoever we get and whilst liking those 2 (love Olly), I can't help but feel that they're time is up as effective managers. I believe they have both been sacked a couple of times in recent years. And Warnock's football in particular really is past its sell by date.

We have to look at what the similarly sized successful clubs are doing on and off the pitch and at least try and take some things on board. What are they doing differently to the Wolves, Birminghams, Wigans, Coventrys etc etc of this world?

If I'd lost a quarter of a billion pounds I'd employ people who's sole job was to scour Europe for talent or how about offering Les Read (or 1 or 2 of his high up assistants) at Southampton a good wedge to come over and build a club.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 13:17]
next manager... on 13:21 - Nov 5 with 2491 viewslave16

next manager... on 13:16 - Nov 5 by 1BobbyHazell

Maybe, I'll get behind whoever we get and whilst liking those 2 (love Olly), I can't help but feel that they're time is up as effective managers. I believe they have both been sacked a couple of times in recent years. And Warnock's football in particular really is past its sell by date.

We have to look at what the similarly sized successful clubs are doing on and off the pitch and at least try and take some things on board. What are they doing differently to the Wolves, Birminghams, Wigans, Coventrys etc etc of this world?

If I'd lost a quarter of a billion pounds I'd employ people who's sole job was to scour Europe for talent or how about offering Les Read (or 1 or 2 of his high up assistants) at Southampton a good wedge to come over and build a club.

I must send tony my championship manager cv... few titles etc in there... I might get a few games in charge....

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

next manager... on 13:37 - Nov 5 with 2447 viewsClive_Anderson

next manager... on 13:16 - Nov 5 by 1BobbyHazell

Warnock had us playing the best football we've had in the last 20 years. Even in the Premier League we were putting in some great performances before he got the boot for the MK Dons away draw in the cup (which sounds ridiculous now).

Ollie played some great stuff with Blackpool as well and was very unlucky not to keep them up on a shoestring budget.

It always seems to me that as soon as a manager is sacked then they are considered no good forever regardless of previous achievements. Even Clough was sacked twice before going to Forest. No doubt Mourinho will be "past it" when he gets sacked next week too.
next manager... on 13:42 - Nov 5 with 2423 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Two pennorth, Derek McInnes
next manager... on 13:43 - Nov 5 with 2414 viewsDiscodroids

next manager... on 13:42 - Nov 5 by WrightUp5hit___

good shout .

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

next manager... on 14:04 - Nov 5 with 2361 viewsjohncharles

next manager... on 13:42 - Nov 5 by WrightUp5hit___

A very good shout but far too imaginative and daring and sensible at the same time.

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

next manager... on 14:09 - Nov 5 with 2352 viewsJigsore

I see Hudders just appointed David Wagner, former Dortmund B team coach. Building for the future... someone should tell them its all tosh and they need Tim Sherwood in straight away to 'ruffle a few feathers'

Would anyone take Paul Lambert?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

next manager... on 14:14 - Nov 5 with 2336 viewssupahoopsa

I'm sure he wouldn't touch us with a barge pole and I wouldn't blame him, but I'd really like to see Brendon Rodgers.

I just want to see the Rangers playing entertaining football again, don't care if we never get into the prima-donna ship ever again (I'd be more than happy with Championship football for the foreseeable future). I am just so fed-up with what has been our style (in the very loosest terms) of play over the last few years.

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

next manager... on 14:16 - Nov 5 with 2330 viewsWrightUp5hit___

The chancers, the interview heroes, “not on my watch”, re-treads, the perennially “on the list, the “nice blokes”, the rent a gob, the fantastic coaches, the served his time, the deserves an opportunity, the SSN call for a quote, the transfer wheeler dealer, the control freak, the Teflon manager, the suck up to the board meister, the shifty barsteward, the communicator.

ENOUGH

Just, for once find a competent bleedin’ MANAGER
next manager... on 14:17 - Nov 5 with 2326 viewsTacticalR

next manager... on 14:09 - Nov 5 by Jigsore

I see Hudders just appointed David Wagner, former Dortmund B team coach. Building for the future... someone should tell them its all tosh and they need Tim Sherwood in straight away to 'ruffle a few feathers'

That depends on how much you think being the manager of Aston Villa permanently destroys a man.

Air hostess clique

next manager... on 14:25 - Nov 5 with 2291 viewsbaz_qpr

Yep - Set aside the last year at Villa fits the bill
next manager... on 14:28 - Nov 5 with 2279 viewsTheBlob

Yes.
Straight down to the recycling plant.

As to the guy who gave us the best football in 20 years,are we not forgetting Gentleman Jim Magilton?
Di Canio and De Canio are mooching about.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

next manager... on 15:06 - Nov 5 with 2216 viewsCiderwithRsie

next manager... on 14:28 - Nov 5 by TheBlob

Yes.
Straight down to the recycling plant.

As to the guy who gave us the best football in 20 years,are we not forgetting Gentleman Jim Magilton?
Di Canio and De Canio are mooching about.

If Gigi was available and willing I'd have thought we could do a lot worse
next manager... on 15:28 - Nov 5 with 2184 viewsEddo

Feel sorry for Chris Ramsey, we have lost a good coach there.
Sometimes people just have to be realistic with their abilities.

Moving on - The obvious choice is Brendan Rodgers..
Assuming he wants to rebuild his career.
next manager... on 15:30 - Nov 5 with 2177 viewsNorthernr

next manager... on 15:28 - Nov 5 by Eddo

Feel sorry for Chris Ramsey, we have lost a good coach there.
Sometimes people just have to be realistic with their abilities.

Moving on - The obvious choice is Brendan Rodgers..
Assuming he wants to rebuild his career.

The guy who just left Liverpool and is going to be favourite for every Premier League job that comes up? Yeh, he's definitely going to jump at the chance to manage a Championship circus.
next manager... on 16:04 - Nov 5 with 2121 viewsEddo

next manager... on 15:30 - Nov 5 by Northernr

The guy who just left Liverpool and is going to be favourite for every Premier League job that comes up? Yeh, he's definitely going to jump at the chance to manage a Championship circus.

I understand your reservations Northernr, but lets look at this another way.

I was delighted when Sir Les publically stated they were rebuilding the football club from ground up, appointing a young manager with an influx of players from the lower leagues, target for this season staying up.. (The common sense approach, I just wish Gareth Ainsworth had been given the opportunity and left to do it for a few years).

But, it is now abundantly clear that the goal posts have been moved, perhaps because we failed to get rid of a raft of expensive, under achievers. Given the new target of promotion, the only solution is to appoint an experienced premiership manager - Hence my suggestion of Brendan.

He is after all a good coach, who has plenty of experience managing prima-donna's, and he has a proven mid-table Premiership record.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 16:08]
next manager... on 16:07 - Nov 5 with 2109 viewswhittocksRs

This just in from Standard Sport:

"Fernandes has privately conceded he may have made a mistake following the subsequent poor reigns of Mark Hughes, Harry Redknapp and Ramsey."

Jesus wept.

And no, never, not happening, not in reality, nonsense to Brendan Rodgers.
next manager... on 16:09 - Nov 5 with 2099 viewsDando

Im pretty worried it will end up being Sherwood, with Ramsey on his team. The website seems to be worded almost as if Ramsey is still there, just "relieved of first team duties". Didnt Sherwood say he wanted Ramsey with him at Villa, but Ramsey took the job with us? I can see it happening, hope im wrong.
next manager... on 16:11 - Nov 5 with 2094 viewslave16

next manager... on 16:09 - Nov 5 by Dando

Im pretty worried it will end up being Sherwood, with Ramsey on his team. The website seems to be worded almost as if Ramsey is still there, just "relieved of first team duties". Didnt Sherwood say he wanted Ramsey with him at Villa, but Ramsey took the job with us? I can see it happening, hope im wrong.

Brendan rogers.... come on down

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

next manager... on 16:19 - Nov 5 with 2087 viewsBenny_the_Ball

next manager... on 12:47 - Nov 5 by Clive_Anderson

How can people be upset Ramsey has been given the boot, but then say that Pearson, Holloway or Warnock aren't good enough?

Similarly how can people be happy that an inexperienced Ramsey has been relieved of his duties but then suggest the likes of Derry, Hill and AInsworth for manager?
next manager... on 16:22 - Nov 5 with 2073 viewsNorthernr

next manager... on 16:04 - Nov 5 by Eddo

I understand your reservations Northernr, but lets look at this another way.

I was delighted when Sir Les publically stated they were rebuilding the football club from ground up, appointing a young manager with an influx of players from the lower leagues, target for this season staying up.. (The common sense approach, I just wish Gareth Ainsworth had been given the opportunity and left to do it for a few years).

But, it is now abundantly clear that the goal posts have been moved, perhaps because we failed to get rid of a raft of expensive, under achievers. Given the new target of promotion, the only solution is to appoint an experienced premiership manager - Hence my suggestion of Brendan.

He is after all a good coach, who has plenty of experience managing prima-donna's, and he has a proven mid-table Premiership record.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 16:08]

You misunderstand me I think. He'd be a very good appointment for us potentially. You haven't got a cat's chance in hell of getting him here. Why on earth would he take it?
next manager... on 16:34 - Nov 5 with 2036 viewscaptainmycaptian

Just not sh itwood pls
next manager... on 16:51 - Nov 5 with 1989 viewsBasingstokeR

Rodgers was ok working with the good foundations lots of other managers and the club at Swansea had laid. I didn't think he changed their style very much. We need someone who can either instantly succeed (to meet the board expectation) or be a club builder, not sure Rodgers is either of those.

At Reading and Watford he didn't pull up any trees. Was he that good at Liverpool? I'd argue Suarez had a similar stand out starring player season to Adel when Warnock was in charge, but in the Premier league and better and they still didn't win the league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024