Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Localised flooding on Saturday 07:01 - Nov 12 with 7655 viewsTalkingSutty

Early weather warning for Saturday. Extremely heavy rain in the North West of England with flooding expected in some areas. Do those covers protect the pitch from excessive rain?
Localised flooding on Saturday on 07:35 - Nov 12 with 6504 viewsolimakindoha

The pitch covers do not protect from rain. Theres no need to worry about flooding the spotland surface these days especially so early on in the season, it would literally have to be a monsoon to start seeing puddling on the surface! The structure of the pitch now with fibresand and the sand slits and pipe drainage in place means water passes through the surface very quick. #GAMEON
Localised flooding on Saturday on 08:25 - Nov 12 with 6427 viewsdingdangblue

One thing I would say about advanced weather forecasts is - they often change on the day. Yesterday was forecast Heavy Rain from lunchtime. Then it changed to Light Rain. Eventually nothing really arrived till around 4.30pm and it wasn't too torrential.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Localised flooding on Saturday on 09:21 - Nov 12 with 6356 viewsTalkingSutty

Localised flooding on Saturday on 07:35 - Nov 12 by olimakindoha

The pitch covers do not protect from rain. Theres no need to worry about flooding the spotland surface these days especially so early on in the season, it would literally have to be a monsoon to start seeing puddling on the surface! The structure of the pitch now with fibresand and the sand slits and pipe drainage in place means water passes through the surface very quick. #GAMEON

Thanks for that Oli, your expertise is respected. Hope everything is going ok in Doha.

I was in two minds whether to put a heads up on the forum anyway, we are fortunate enough to have our own meteorologist already in place at Spotland.
Localised flooding on Saturday on 09:49 - Nov 12 with 6314 viewsParkinsGimp

So hopefully they wont be watering the pitch as well :-)
Localised flooding on Saturday on 10:35 - Nov 12 with 6237 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It's all Abigail's fault anyway.......the brazzen hussey.
Localised flooding on Saturday on 14:44 - Nov 12 with 5968 viewsaleanddale

Localised flooding on Saturday on 07:35 - Nov 12 by olimakindoha

Agree it is a very good surface.

But it Was starting to pool / puddle when we played Chesterfield { JPT }.

No doubt the sprinklers will be on at 12.20.
Localised flooding on Saturday on 15:09 - Nov 12 with 5920 viewsDaleiLama

Hopefully the local flooding will be restricted to the Town Hall, and more specifically, will involve the ales from the CAMRA beer fest and the necks of Dale fans in celebration. Unfortunately, I can't be in attendance to swell the numbers.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Localised flooding on Saturday on 17:26 - Nov 12 with 5793 viewsD_Alien

Localised flooding on Saturday on 15:09 - Nov 12 by DaleiLama

Hopefully the local flooding will be restricted to the Town Hall, and more specifically, will involve the ales from the CAMRA beer fest and the necks of Dale fans in celebration. Unfortunately, I can't be in attendance to swell the numbers.

I'll have had my fill by then, and expect any flooding & swelling will have to wait

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Localised flooding on Saturday on 19:05 - Nov 12 with 5653 views442Dale

The rain is bordering on monsoon-like right now!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Localised flooding on Saturday on 19:25 - Nov 12 with 5605 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Localised flooding on Saturday on 19:05 - Nov 12 by 442Dale

The rain is bordering on monsoon-like right now!

Just the start too,
Localised flooding on Saturday on 19:58 - Nov 12 with 5535 views442Dale

Localised flooding on Saturday on 19:25 - Nov 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

Just the start too,

Does it get worse the day after tomorrow?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Localised flooding on Saturday on 08:20 - Nov 13 with 5222 viewsaleanddale

Contingency plan?

i am assuming the clubs have enough water hogs ready to be pushed about between 10 and 12.25 tomorrow?.

A LOT of rain forecast the next 48 hours.
Localised flooding on Saturday on 08:45 - Nov 13 with 5185 viewsdingdangblue

Localised flooding on Saturday on 08:20 - Nov 13 by aleanddale

Contingency plan?

i am assuming the clubs have enough water hogs ready to be pushed about between 10 and 12.25 tomorrow?.

A LOT of rain forecast the next 48 hours.

I'm sure the forecast I've seen says showers will ease leaving a fairly dry night. As long as it doesn't rain constantly for 24hrs we should be ok I would have thought.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Localised flooding on Saturday on 09:01 - Nov 13 with 5165 viewsTalkingSutty

Localised flooding on Saturday on 08:45 - Nov 13 by dingdangblue

I'm sure the forecast I've seen says showers will ease leaving a fairly dry night. As long as it doesn't rain constantly for 24hrs we should be ok I would have thought.

The weather warning is for tomorrow though, torrential rain and flooding. Everybody seems confident there won't be a problem though and the pitch will handle it, hope so otherwise we lose the television money. Having no confidence in the pitch or covering all eventualities when it comes to inclement weather is ingrained in me unfortunately.

Failures to put the covers in place in advance of cold weather, games postponed unexpectedly, then come 3pm on Saturday the weathers perfect. Over the years we have seen it all and it erodes confidence. Having said all that how do you protect a pitch from torrential rain?
Localised flooding on Saturday on 09:14 - Nov 13 with 5134 viewsdingdangblue

Localised flooding on Saturday on 09:01 - Nov 13 by TalkingSutty

The weather warning is for tomorrow though, torrential rain and flooding. Everybody seems confident there won't be a problem though and the pitch will handle it, hope so otherwise we lose the television money. Having no confidence in the pitch or covering all eventualities when it comes to inclement weather is ingrained in me unfortunately.

Failures to put the covers in place in advance of cold weather, games postponed unexpectedly, then come 3pm on Saturday the weathers perfect. Over the years we have seen it all and it erodes confidence. Having said all that how do you protect a pitch from torrential rain?

Do we get extra money for tomorrow? Cant see any reference to it anywhere - dont all clubs just share the pot between them at the start of the season - whether you get chosen or not? I don't know the deal.

Localised flooding on Saturday on 09:24 - Nov 13 with 5123 viewsTalkingSutty

Localised flooding on Saturday on 09:14 - Nov 13 by dingdangblue

Do we get extra money for tomorrow? Cant see any reference to it anywhere - dont all clubs just share the pot between them at the start of the season - whether you get chosen or not? I don't know the deal.

Pretty sure we get a decent amount. Live TV means a reduction in the attendance for the game so the money compensates that loss and more. That's how it was last I looked.
Localised flooding on Saturday on 09:30 - Nov 13 with 5114 viewsBigKindo

The latest forecast is for torrential rain from 3-00pm on Saturday through to Monday morning. We may be ok but others may not be.
Localised flooding on Saturday on 09:34 - Nov 13 with 5104 viewsdingdangblue

Localised flooding on Saturday on 09:24 - Nov 13 by TalkingSutty

Pretty sure we get a decent amount. Live TV means a reduction in the attendance for the game so the money compensates that loss and more. That's how it was last I looked.

I hope Sky are paying for 5000 empty seats tomorrow then.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2015 9:36]

Localised flooding on Saturday on 12:06 - Nov 13 with 5008 viewsDorsetDale

Localised flooding on Saturday on 09:30 - Nov 13 by BigKindo

The latest forecast is for torrential rain from 3-00pm on Saturday through to Monday morning. We may be ok but others may not be.

Met office animation chart is predicting from 15:00 today

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/map/gcw3nc5ph#?zoom=9&lat=53

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Localised flooding on Saturday on 13:10 - Nov 13 with 4881 viewsSuggers

I understand the club have had some verti-draining done in anticipation of the rain. This coupled with the excellent drainage of the pitch should make things fine. Having said that, nothing can deal with a monsoon of biblical proportions immediately before or during a game!!
Localised flooding on Saturday on 13:43 - Nov 13 with 4807 viewsdingdangblue

Localised flooding on Saturday on 13:10 - Nov 13 by Suggers

I understand the club have had some verti-draining done in anticipation of the rain. This coupled with the excellent drainage of the pitch should make things fine. Having said that, nothing can deal with a monsoon of biblical proportions immediately before or during a game!!

Just heard on the radio that a months rainfall is due to fall in one night - but they mentioned Sat night/Sunday morning - so hopefully the worst of it will come after 2.30pm tomorrow.

Localised flooding on Saturday on 13:53 - Nov 13 with 4777 viewsroccydaleian

Localised flooding on Saturday on 13:43 - Nov 13 by dingdangblue

Just heard on the radio that a months rainfall is due to fall in one night - but they mentioned Sat night/Sunday morning - so hopefully the worst of it will come after 2.30pm tomorrow.

Rochdale Online saying the same DDB
http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/99164/weather-war
Localised flooding on Saturday on 19:41 - Nov 13 with 4494 viewsroccydaleian

Mm. Changed to over the next twenty fours now...
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/flood-warnin
Localised flooding on Saturday on 20:24 - Nov 13 with 4420 viewsDomDale

Had a perusal of the opposition board as I often do.

This post made me laugh "Match might well be postponed if the rain persists matches at Rochdale are waterlogged if it spits" we rarely see a PP, the daft pie eating clown. can only assume he's basing that on knowledge of Spotland from 20 years ago...

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Localised flooding on Saturday on 20:48 - Nov 13 with 4355 viewsD_Alien

Localised flooding on Saturday on 20:24 - Nov 13 by DomDale

Had a perusal of the opposition board as I often do.

This post made me laugh "Match might well be postponed if the rain persists matches at Rochdale are waterlogged if it spits" we rarely see a PP, the daft pie eating clown. can only assume he's basing that on knowledge of Spotland from 20 years ago...

Maybe he's succumbed to pier pressure.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024