Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Support Garry 00:16 - Dec 6 with 4221 viewsgetcarter

This is not the time to jump ship, i was proud of Swans fans support today. This will be turned around, keep the faith.
Support Garry on 00:23 - Dec 6 with 3368 viewsNookiejack

If we don't buy 2 new strikers - a new manager will not make a difference
Support Garry on 00:23 - Dec 6 with 3367 viewsDJack

I was happy for Garry to be given until late December...Then I was feasted (fisted?) with today's performance - technically yesterday's.

Now it is obvious that he must go - personally I'm gutted it did not work but as Dr Winston has already pointed out elsewhere, he should have been a No2 for a while as a means to becoming a good manager. He clearly is not yet a good manager. He is clearly a rookie

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Support Garry on 00:24 - Dec 6 with 3362 viewsDanWelsh86

Delusional.
Support Garry on 00:27 - Dec 6 with 3341 viewsOldjack

When ? apart from last week plus not one shot on target i've seen no sign of it being turned around ,it's gone too far now, if we don't take action now we're gonna end up right in the shyte and there's no coming back from there

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Support Garry on 00:27 - Dec 6 with 3341 viewsMorfa_Same

It's not a risk we can take. There's just too much at stake.

Even Garry himself will know by now that his time is up.
Support Garry on 00:28 - Dec 6 with 3337 viewsDJack

Support Garry on 00:24 - Dec 6 by DanWelsh86

Delusional.

Which one of us? Or all of us?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Support Garry on 00:33 - Dec 6 with 3308 viewsBloodyhills

Am not jumping ship mate. Will always be a supporter of the club even if it sinks out of the Prem. I'd prefer it not to though.

Players and mangers come and go.
My loyalty is to the club.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 10:27]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Support Garry on 00:34 - Dec 6 with 3297 viewsDJack

Support Garry on 00:33 - Dec 6 by Bloodyhills

Am not jumping ship mate. Will always be a supporter of the club even if it sinks out of the Prem. I'd prefer it not to though.

...is the right answer.

Login to get fewer ads

Support Garry on 00:35 - Dec 6 with 3290 viewsDarran

Support Garry on 00:33 - Dec 6 by Bloodyhills

We are in the Prem mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Support Garry on 00:46 - Dec 6 with 3250 viewsjack247

You realise the place looked like a black and white CCS going into injury time and a lot of the people who did stay were booing loudly at the end?
Support Garry on 00:47 - Dec 6 with 3246 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Monk has had his input on the team - a lot of ruthless decisions have been made by him with regards to the team such as the marginalisation of some good players (and playing colleagues of Monk) where Monk believed support and friendship could not be taken into account as all that mattered was the team

Monk proved very ruthless in his treatment of Leon, Dyer, Rangel and maybe others

It's safe to say that if the shoe was on the other foot and he was in the boardroom making this decision there would not be an ounce of loyalty and he would be in favour of moving on to someone else who they believe could do a better job (as long as they are available)

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Support Garry on 00:49 - Dec 6 with 3234 viewsDanWelsh86

Support Garry on 00:28 - Dec 6 by DJack

Which one of us? Or all of us?

Anyone who is supporting the current regime is just delusional.

In all fairness those people are in the minority now.

He should have gone after the Bournemouth game.
Support Garry on 08:22 - Dec 6 with 3095 viewsblaine_scfc

Support Garry on 00:47 - Dec 6 by PatchesOHoulihan

Monk has had his input on the team - a lot of ruthless decisions have been made by him with regards to the team such as the marginalisation of some good players (and playing colleagues of Monk) where Monk believed support and friendship could not be taken into account as all that mattered was the team

Monk proved very ruthless in his treatment of Leon, Dyer, Rangel and maybe others

It's safe to say that if the shoe was on the other foot and he was in the boardroom making this decision there would not be an ounce of loyalty and he would be in favour of moving on to someone else who they believe could do a better job (as long as they are available)

Good post that.

In my opinion Monk has lost the trust of even his closest friends in the changing room. You have only got to look at Williams body language and form recently, Rangel today at half time, Dyer being happy to be sent packing to Leicester.

That alongside the media inputs by Siggy and Ash during international duty, the harmony in the camp is as low as it was under Laudrup, with that also being a lot to do with Monk in my opinion. The change needs to be made sooner rather than later if we have any chance of beating the drop this season.
Support Garry on 08:59 - Dec 6 with 3016 viewsPintado

No Indus jumping ship, but you are living on cloud cukoo land if you think keeping Monk is worth it, he has lost the trust of his players and you can see a divide building, Monk had to go now, do a new manager has a few games to assess squad and the board can back him in the transfer window.

Yesterday was the end of the road for Garry, totally unacceptable yesterday in every way.

Freddy Kruger has very sharp nails

Support Garry on 09:36 - Dec 6 with 2912 viewsperchrockjack

I don't believe what getcarter wrote; its more internet uber supporter bollox.

Its about the club and he s killing it

Personally, unless he goes by February, it will be too late and the last months of our season will be hard to take.

Style/ethos? Nah, stay up then worry about that over the summer.

This really is madness

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Support Garry on 09:51 - Dec 6 with 2834 viewsJackofdreambeach

Support Garry on 00:23 - Dec 6 by Nookiejack

If we don't buy 2 new strikers - a new manager will not make a difference

I would agree with this. Getting the right players in the coming weeks is paramount.

Players like Gomis, Montero ,Ayew ,Shelvey and Williams were imperious at start of season. They were getting praise and rightly so

We were red hot...like Stoke form now. But they were lifting us as a team. Some of those players form has left them.The team ethic looks dodgy.

Who knows reasons...I don't. But Monk surely does.
The chairman must have the best insight of all.

The strength in depth squad wise is clearly not there. And this period is where Monk has learned most about players limitations.

We'll need quality ,pace, goals and strength of character in those January additions. Monk must be the manager though.

The right experience added to the coaching ? I'd be happy to see an experienced head added.
Support Garry on 09:57 - Dec 6 with 2809 viewsjacksfullaces

Support Garry on 08:22 - Dec 6 by blaine_scfc

Good post that.

In my opinion Monk has lost the trust of even his closest friends in the changing room. You have only got to look at Williams body language and form recently, Rangel today at half time, Dyer being happy to be sent packing to Leicester.

That alongside the media inputs by Siggy and Ash during international duty, the harmony in the camp is as low as it was under Laudrup, with that also being a lot to do with Monk in my opinion. The change needs to be made sooner rather than later if we have any chance of beating the drop this season.

something is horribly wrong, but I do find the analysis of losing his mates as rather a peculiar reason to criticise,and may say a bit more about them than him.

as a manager we would expect him to make business decisions, and britton/rangel/dyer were great servants in the past but not the future. the mistake is more how he has failed to get the best out of naughton/cork/ayew as their replacement - yes I know ayew scores, but the right hand side hasn't really functioned all season. in the early season heyday most of our best work came down the left.
Support Garry on 10:08 - Dec 6 with 2773 viewsStarsky

Personally I didn't think that GMs time was up after the Bournemouth game. However, after the abject display yesterday. Nothing should save him now.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 10:30]

It's just the internet, init.

Support Garry on 10:10 - Dec 6 with 2753 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Support Garry on 09:57 - Dec 6 by jacksfullaces

something is horribly wrong, but I do find the analysis of losing his mates as rather a peculiar reason to criticise,and may say a bit more about them than him.

as a manager we would expect him to make business decisions, and britton/rangel/dyer were great servants in the past but not the future. the mistake is more how he has failed to get the best out of naughton/cork/ayew as their replacement - yes I know ayew scores, but the right hand side hasn't really functioned all season. in the early season heyday most of our best work came down the left.

It wasn't meant as a criticism of him - its something that needs to be admired however we need to be as decisive about his position as he has been with some of the team he has tried to replace

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Support Garry on 10:11 - Dec 6 with 2741 viewsDr_Winston

Dyer is only 28 and has been a valuable player for us since arriving. It's only under Monk's managership that he (and all our other wingers) have struggled.

A new approach should be able to get the best out of one of the most pacy, aggressive players we have on the books instead of f*cking him off on loan.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Support Garry on 10:12 - Dec 6 with 2733 viewsLoyal

I don't support Garry I support Swansea City.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Support Garry on 10:14 - Dec 6 with 2724 viewsLeonisGod

And the left hasn't functioned since Ayew switched sides. In terms of open play, he adds nothing. The only place he comes alive is in the box, which is great of course, but I can't see how we're supposed to carry him without it being to the detriment of the team. Maybe that's unfair and in a confident team he would be flying. But I'm not convinced at all.
Support Garry on 10:28 - Dec 6 with 2678 viewsBloodyhills

Support Garry on 00:35 - Dec 6 by Darran

We are in the Prem mun.

LoL. must learn to type properly :D
[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 10:31]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Support Garry on 10:42 - Dec 6 with 2622 viewsymaohyd

To the original poster, I admire your loyalty.

However, I just don't see that GM has the skill set to be able to deal with and adapt to our current situation.

When he came in for Laudrup, he had a talented, dissilusioned group of players, where he could improve moral, use his knowledge of the club to inspire the players and others at the club and it worked well. Last season he continued in that vein. I suppose he tweaked a few things and although, as is now evident started to overhaul the style to be more pragmatic.

Now though, with huge regret I have to say he looks and sounds out of his depth and as I said at the beginning I don't see that he has the skill set to cope with the situation that we are in.

If the board came out and said no way are we sacking Garry, we;ll stick by him no matter what, I'd go along with that. Expect to be relegated but in the long term showing such loyalty may well benefit the club in getting the club back into the PL.

If however it is imperative that we stay up this season, quite simply he has to go NOW, it is what it is and there's no way around it. I've made this point a few times and I'll say it again, when Brendan was sacked by Liverpool, at that time he'd been at his respective club, longer than any other manager bar Wenger and he was only there for 3 seasons and a bit!

That says it all. The PL is a monetary monster, where owners generally, just can't afford to give a manager time. Sadly 'keep the faith' isn't the right call to be made. We need a change, we need it now, to have two managers possibly available like Moyes and Brendan without having to pay compo is a blessing.

I've been told that it's Moyes.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Support Garry on 21:15 - Dec 6 with 2450 viewsStarsky

Support Garry on 10:42 - Dec 6 by ymaohyd

To the original poster, I admire your loyalty.

However, I just don't see that GM has the skill set to be able to deal with and adapt to our current situation.

When he came in for Laudrup, he had a talented, dissilusioned group of players, where he could improve moral, use his knowledge of the club to inspire the players and others at the club and it worked well. Last season he continued in that vein. I suppose he tweaked a few things and although, as is now evident started to overhaul the style to be more pragmatic.

Now though, with huge regret I have to say he looks and sounds out of his depth and as I said at the beginning I don't see that he has the skill set to cope with the situation that we are in.

If the board came out and said no way are we sacking Garry, we;ll stick by him no matter what, I'd go along with that. Expect to be relegated but in the long term showing such loyalty may well benefit the club in getting the club back into the PL.

If however it is imperative that we stay up this season, quite simply he has to go NOW, it is what it is and there's no way around it. I've made this point a few times and I'll say it again, when Brendan was sacked by Liverpool, at that time he'd been at his respective club, longer than any other manager bar Wenger and he was only there for 3 seasons and a bit!

That says it all. The PL is a monetary monster, where owners generally, just can't afford to give a manager time. Sadly 'keep the faith' isn't the right call to be made. We need a change, we need it now, to have two managers possibly available like Moyes and Brendan without having to pay compo is a blessing.

I've been told that it's Moyes.

Excellent post.
If Moyes gets the gig I'd be disappointed. I'd rather go foreign

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024