Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' 22:43 - Jan 1 with 3342 viewsphilosopher

Could be his most significant contribution to-date if it makes our clueless (about football) owners accept what nearly all the fans already realise - that we are not getting promoted this season. Didn't actually use the word 'consolidation' or 'rebuilding' but seemeed to be implying it. If the owners could now accept this then we could actually start enjoying the season again, move the over-paid failures on, start to build again and give the young players a chance, which is what Les and Ramsey were originally encouraged to do..

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 23:02 - Jan 1 with 3241 viewsSomersetHoops

The last 3 + months since the owners changed the objective have been wasted in terms of results, consolidation and development of players. I'm not convinced that JFH will be as good as Ramsey in the original objective that we are now forced to return to. Those blaming CR for the problems of his time may still feel they are right, but I think we would have progressed further by now if the objective and head coach had stayed the same. Ramsey's later selections were the result of the change in direction forced upon him - obviously now in error. I only wish we had owners who had the mindset to set an objective and stick with it. The most puzzling thing to me is how they have succeeded in business when their tenure at QPR has been so riddled with incompetence.

Who's Next?

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 23:11 - Jan 1 with 3199 viewspaulparker

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 23:02 - Jan 1 by SomersetHoops

The last 3 + months since the owners changed the objective have been wasted in terms of results, consolidation and development of players. I'm not convinced that JFH will be as good as Ramsey in the original objective that we are now forced to return to. Those blaming CR for the problems of his time may still feel they are right, but I think we would have progressed further by now if the objective and head coach had stayed the same. Ramsey's later selections were the result of the change in direction forced upon him - obviously now in error. I only wish we had owners who had the mindset to set an objective and stick with it. The most puzzling thing to me is how they have succeeded in business when their tenure at QPR has been so riddled with incompetence.

agree with that apart from the fact that NW came in had us organised, had us winning , and dare I say it the feel good factor back
i like JFH but something is wrong big time at the club, the players look defeated before they take the pitch ,
its going to be a long hard winter again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 23:18 - Jan 1 with 3151 viewsbosh67

There is definitely something wrong at the club. But JFH needs time to perform some surgery over January. The staff have to get this lot fit enough. As per a number of other threads lack of fitness is systemic in this club over the last 5 years. Hull were fitter than us. Huddersfield were fitter than us. I remember Iain Dowie back in 2008 saying we were the most unfit squad he had ever worked with. Not much has changed.

This squad need to go on endurance training. Seriously.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 23:30 - Jan 1 with 3086 viewsQPRDave

Just don't get how Jimmy or Ramsay for that matter can't get the players going.
They can't all be bad apples, and surely the good ones would tell them to put a shift in or f-off.
This game started and continued with no closing down from us whatsoever...a basic surely?
Just sloppy all over we barely laid a glove on them, embarrassing in front of the cameras again
JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 23:51 - Jan 1 with 3031 viewsSomersetHoops

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 23:11 - Jan 1 by paulparker

agree with that apart from the fact that NW came in had us organised, had us winning , and dare I say it the feel good factor back
i like JFH but something is wrong big time at the club, the players look defeated before they take the pitch ,

I'm not sure Neil did do very much apart from set us up on a short term basis to get results. Even then ,they weren't that good. I know he was great in our promotion year, but those who want him now are throwing away any longer term objectives with that option.

I suppose we have to hope JFH can do what is now needed and that his remit from the owners won't change every five minutes. I must say I'm disappointed that Les Ferdinand didn't impart a bit of reality towards the owners when they decided to change direction, otherwise what is the point of him being there. Otherwise if Les really thought it was desirable, likely or possible that we could achieve promotion this season, I think his judgement is suspect.

Who's Next?

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 00:44 - Jan 2 with 2901 viewsPunteR

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 23:18 - Jan 1 by bosh67

There is definitely something wrong at the club. But JFH needs time to perform some surgery over January. The staff have to get this lot fit enough. As per a number of other threads lack of fitness is systemic in this club over the last 5 years. Hull were fitter than us. Huddersfield were fitter than us. I remember Iain Dowie back in 2008 saying we were the most unfit squad he had ever worked with. Not much has changed.

This squad need to go on endurance training. Seriously.

More blood

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 00:47 - Jan 2 with 2897 viewsPunteR

We wasnt all that mate plus Blackwell managed one of those games.
Warnock was a stop gap that didnt need filling. Pointless waste of time.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 00:51 - Jan 2 with 2888 viewsPommyhoop

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 00:47 - Jan 2 by PunteR

We wasnt all that mate plus Blackwell managed one of those games.
Warnock was a stop gap that didnt need filling. Pointless waste of time.

Agree. And dare I say there wasn't much feel good factor either.
A few people felt bloody good cos they had got their wish and
seen CR sacked I'll grant you that .

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 03:19 - Jan 2 with 2799 viewsFredManRave

Agree with the OP and Somerset. I was going to start an "Every Cloud" thread based on the fact that every, albeit unwanted, bad performance and result pushes us ever closer to the inevitable, we're not going to get promoted realisation but this thread sums it up.

I'm now just waiting for Tony's and Les' admission of the bleeding obvious so we can all sing from the same hymn sheet and drop the names and play and plan for the future, you know like how they both promised us we'd be doing at the start of the season...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 08:56 - Jan 2 with 2667 viewsdaveB

Warnock had a few things going for him in 2 pretty easy home games against bottom sides, we drew one of them and an away game where we were dreadful but the keeper threw one in so results were good but glossed over 4 pretty poor performances.

He did well but in the end I think he'd have gone the same way as JFH and Ramsey in that results would go wrong, the squad just isn't very good
JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 09:14 - Jan 2 with 2612 viewsphilosopher

Teams promoted when or after we were (2011 + 2014) eg Swansea, Leicester, Southampton, Crystal Palace, have developed because they had strategy in boardroom on best manager 'fit' every time they made a change, whereas most of our choices were based on whoever impressed Fernandes (who knows little about football) and strategy seemingly changed via twitter. Always short-term. Initially the appointment of Ramsey to rebuild seemed a welcome change and in bringing in likes of Hall, Luongo, Gladwin, Chery, Polter, was doing what he was asked to do. Then 'strategy' changes again, Warnock brought in needlessly and it's one step forward, two steps back. Given JFH was appointed through 'proper' procedures need to stick with him and let him rebuild, and at same time send message to owners to stand back and let him and Les get on with it.
JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 10:27 - Jan 2 with 2482 viewspaulparker

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 08:56 - Jan 2 by daveB

Warnock had a few things going for him in 2 pretty easy home games against bottom sides, we drew one of them and an away game where we were dreadful but the keeper threw one in so results were good but glossed over 4 pretty poor performances.

He did well but in the end I think he'd have gone the same way as JFH and Ramsey in that results would go wrong, the squad just isn't very good

What easier than Huddersfield at home ?
We got the wins at the end of the day and those wins might be the difference in staying up this year , things may have gone sour for NW but he knows this league and it wouldn't of lasted long he may of even got this lot in the play offs
Now I like JFH , I really think he needs time , he needs to clear out a lot of deadwood and he needs his own players as this lot are mostly a disgrace
I just hope our board give him that time to do it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 10:49 - Jan 2 with 2429 viewsE17hoop

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 23:30 - Jan 1 by QPRDave

Just don't get how Jimmy or Ramsay for that matter can't get the players going.
They can't all be bad apples, and surely the good ones would tell them to put a shift in or f-off.
This game started and continued with no closing down from us whatsoever...a basic surely?
Just sloppy all over we barely laid a glove on them, embarrassing in front of the cameras again

We're full of Premier League attitudes at a mid Championship club. JFH needs to change the perception that seems to exist that we're better than that and work from there. That means moving out the last of the overpaid elite and rebuilding. This window will give him some opportunity and I expect we'll see a few leave more than join.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 10:57 - Jan 2 with 2418 viewsbaz_qpr

We have a number of key issues.

1. Fitness we've not been fit enough to play Jimmy's way and that is not going to change in a month, training has probably had the opposite effect and they are clearly over tired. Hopefully we can use this next period to pick up plus add players. A Disastrous pre-season and Les has to carry the can for that.

2. Recruitment - Poor player recruitment has been our problem year after year and this year is no different. for only 1 out of 8 or 9 of the summer signings to be a first team regular whilst playing in the championship is a terrible return (Sorry Les again) and the failure to address the forward issue has left us in deep trouble. Take Charlie out of our side and we are bottom 8 / relegation candidates. Could have blown all the budget on a proven striker (Andre Gray) and would have been a massive difference.

3. The wrong type of player - JFH clearly believes in a functioning "team" approach. But we have a number of "individuals" that are not going to be cogs in the wheel or who are lazy or unfit or the wrong side of 30 to play a high energy pressing team game

4. Atmosphere - Its pretty toxic at the moment, a relegation followed by 1/2 a season where we've played well for 3 or 4 halves, the last couple of months have been really boring. My kid for one does not want to come any more I heard other kids saying to their parents they don't want to come any more. We need some wins - we need to see some light or we need entertainment ala the Brighton game or those crowds are going to thin out pretty quick
JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 11:03 - Jan 2 with 2387 viewsClive_Anderson

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 23:51 - Jan 1 by SomersetHoops

I'm not sure Neil did do very much apart from set us up on a short term basis to get results. Even then ,they weren't that good. I know he was great in our promotion year, but those who want him now are throwing away any longer term objectives with that option.

I suppose we have to hope JFH can do what is now needed and that his remit from the owners won't change every five minutes. I must say I'm disappointed that Les Ferdinand didn't impart a bit of reality towards the owners when they decided to change direction, otherwise what is the point of him being there. Otherwise if Les really thought it was desirable, likely or possible that we could achieve promotion this season, I think his judgement is suspect.

Do what? Warnock coming in and actually winning games wasn't helping?

Have I missed a meeting somewhere?

How can losing every week be good for long term plans/stability?
JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 11:10 - Jan 2 with 2362 viewsrsonist

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 11:03 - Jan 2 by Clive_Anderson

Do what? Warnock coming in and actually winning games wasn't helping?

Have I missed a meeting somewhere?

How can losing every week be good for long term plans/stability?

So your criteria for long term change at the club requires winning every game immediately. Righto.
JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 11:12 - Jan 2 with 2357 viewsSomersetHoops

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 10:57 - Jan 2 by baz_qpr

We have a number of key issues.

1. Fitness we've not been fit enough to play Jimmy's way and that is not going to change in a month, training has probably had the opposite effect and they are clearly over tired. Hopefully we can use this next period to pick up plus add players. A Disastrous pre-season and Les has to carry the can for that.

2. Recruitment - Poor player recruitment has been our problem year after year and this year is no different. for only 1 out of 8 or 9 of the summer signings to be a first team regular whilst playing in the championship is a terrible return (Sorry Les again) and the failure to address the forward issue has left us in deep trouble. Take Charlie out of our side and we are bottom 8 / relegation candidates. Could have blown all the budget on a proven striker (Andre Gray) and would have been a massive difference.

3. The wrong type of player - JFH clearly believes in a functioning "team" approach. But we have a number of "individuals" that are not going to be cogs in the wheel or who are lazy or unfit or the wrong side of 30 to play a high energy pressing team game

4. Atmosphere - Its pretty toxic at the moment, a relegation followed by 1/2 a season where we've played well for 3 or 4 halves, the last couple of months have been really boring. My kid for one does not want to come any more I heard other kids saying to their parents they don't want to come any more. We need some wins - we need to see some light or we need entertainment ala the Brighton game or those crowds are going to thin out pretty quick

Our recruitment budget was very tight and the players brought in were really for development. The only way the budget would have been higher was if we had sold some of the big players and the owner's putting a 15 mil price tag on a player who will only be able to play half the games in a season put paid to that. That was only LF's fault in that he went along with that valuation.

As far as promotion goes I'm pretty sure Neil Warnock would have told them no way with this lot which may have put him at odds with TF and LF, but would have been correct anyway.

Who's Next?

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 11:15 - Jan 2 with 2341 viewsClive_Anderson

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 11:10 - Jan 2 by rsonist

So your criteria for long term change at the club requires winning every game immediately. Righto.

Great all you need to do is point out where I said that for your comment to make sense.
JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 12:12 - Jan 2 with 2261 viewsbaz_qpr

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 11:12 - Jan 2 by SomersetHoops

Our recruitment budget was very tight and the players brought in were really for development. The only way the budget would have been higher was if we had sold some of the big players and the owner's putting a 15 mil price tag on a player who will only be able to play half the games in a season put paid to that. That was only LF's fault in that he went along with that valuation.

As far as promotion goes I'm pretty sure Neil Warnock would have told them no way with this lot which may have put him at odds with TF and LF, but would have been correct anyway.

We spent £4m on the swindon pair, 1.5m on Chery 1m on Polter 1m on Smithies. Budget was not that small

Andre Gray went for £6m
JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 12:14 - Jan 2 with 2255 viewsRangersw12

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 12:12 - Jan 2 by baz_qpr

We spent £4m on the swindon pair, 1.5m on Chery 1m on Polter 1m on Smithies. Budget was not that small

Andre Gray went for £6m

I thought he went for 9 million
JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 12:39 - Jan 2 with 2207 viewsbarabajagal

JFH to press: 'Not thinking of Play-Offs' on 23:02 - Jan 1 by SomersetHoops

Because business success is as much a question of luck as it is judgement. To quote Napoleon Boneparte, "All great events hang by a hair, I believe in luck, and the wise man neglects nothing which contributes to his destiny"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024