Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey returns 14:10 - Jan 5 with 30254 viewsNorthernr

Well this should make for a fun afternoon on here...

CHRIS RAMSEY APPOINTED TECHNICAL DIRECTOR

Ramsey to head up new role within QPR Academy

CHRIS Ramsey has been appointed Technical Director at QPR.

Ramsey will be responsible for a variety of roles relating to coaching and player development.

The 53 year-old will oversee all aspects of coaching and coach education within the Academy, and be responsible for developing and implementing player development strategies.

He will also oversee the integration between the Academy, Development Squad and First Team, as well as focusing on the monitoring and reporting of players on loan to other clubs.

Ramsey will also develop and implement the scouting strategy to include the necessary processes and procedures to acquire players, and develop and implement club partnership programmes at both domestic and international level to facilitate greater market accessibility, exchange of best practice, and development / exit opportunities for players.

Director of Football, Les Ferdinand, explained why Ramsey — who was relinquished of his First Team duties in early November — is the ideal candidate for the role, commenting: “Whilst we were disappointed things didn’t work out with Chris at First Team level earlier in the season, we were determined to retain his services at QPR.

“As such, we actually put a clause in his contract which allowed us to retain Chris’s services in a player-development role should things not work out for him as Head Coach.

“Chris knows Academy football inside-out and having put the building blocks in place for a lot of the good restructuring work that’s been done here over the past 11 months, he can come in and make an instant impact in an environment he has helped build.”

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ramsey returns on 12:06 - Jan 7 with 2092 viewsPinnerPaul

Ramsey returns on 09:56 - Jan 7 by paulparker

Also there is winning games, and then winning against Reading because Al-Habsi completely lost his shit.

err you still have to win the game and you still have to keep a clean sheet , no ? that's the point of football that you score more than the opposition , we won the game it makes me laugh that people are irked that Warnock got us 7 points out of the 12

as for tom Carroll he has played a few games for Spurs , lets no go to overboard , lets see where he is in 12 months time, also he got stick here as he wasn't very good,
its like Ryan Mason he has been at about 6 clubs on loan and didn't do the business at any of them until Pocchertinio got a hold of him , lets not re write history as Carroll wasn't all that when he was playing for us

That's very true, but as you well know people criticised Ramsey when we won games.

I was told after a 1-0 win that the win wasn't important because we were boring, after any win, it was said to be because of the players and not CR, or that we were lucky.

I was even told that the 4-3 win wasn't really anything special because the defence was rubbish.

Not accusing you of those opinions, but ,as you well know, in the end, didn't matter what CR did or what the result was, people wanted to find fault.

Easy to do in football as very rare any team plays a perfect match!
Ramsey returns on 12:09 - Jan 7 with 2082 viewsTheBlob

Ramsey returns on 12:06 - Jan 7 by TheBlob

When Neil returned again there was a spring in the step,a glimpse of the radiant orb behind glowering banks of cloud presaged warmth and light.
But now the doom has rolled back in,the icy blast of a seemingly endless winter has returned.

Somebody close that window there's a terrible George Raft in here.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ramsey returns on 12:14 - Jan 7 with 2062 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ramsey returns on 12:09 - Jan 7 by TheBlob

Somebody close that window there's a terrible George Raft in here.

George Raft? He was good in "Timber Afloat".

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ramsey returns on 12:15 - Jan 7 with 2058 viewsQPRDave

Ramsey returns on 11:13 - Jan 7 by paulparker

He is a legend to me , he managed to keep us up & in his first season he won us a league title , playing brilliant football and managing the biggest pain in the arse maverick to play to his potential
still what do I know because on this MB the bloke is a crook, a snitch , dinosaur , oh and gets lucky wins

Yep legend to me too. Only at QPR would a manager who brought instant success for the 1st time in donkey's years get insulted in such a way
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 18:17]
Ramsey returns on 12:35 - Jan 7 with 2027 viewsPhildo

I think Ramsey - who i liked- will be off when something comes up. I suspect the club probably know that and he is unlikely to be busting his guts to emulate his enormous success/good fortune (depending on your view) at Spuds.

I think a club is sucsessful when a number of things come together. It has to be well run (which often is unpopular with fans as it can mean belt tightening). It has to have facilities. It has to have ethos. It needs a connection to its own base usually through long time staffers who know the club through thick and thin. It has to be robust enough to handle a run of bad luck (which all get sometimes).

When the waiter and his ilk arrived in 2005 or thereabouts there were people around the club who wanted to extract as much cash as possible so all those long term staffers were removed ( ones who were the link with the 60s and 70s) - because they could see and object to all that bad stuff. It meant the club was physically still standing but its soul was missing - apart from with people like me and you sat in the stands. It was bust for anyone coming in -unless you found someone from those older times.

When the money arrived it was assumed splashing the cash could fix all that. We were all anxious to see that as we had watched nervously the enrichment of our scumbag and red trousered neighbours. But it didnt and still hasnt in my opinion. I was guilty of that definately- one good signing and all that.

That is why i thought the Steve Gallen news was so terrible - if you want the youth to work you need people in local amateur clubs who are well disposed to you. Someone who survived 18 years at the club is part of the fabric not something you can chuck away - unless you are very secure which we are not. How are those coaches who have had Steve Gallen on speed dial for years going to feel about the club kicking him out.

That being said we were always a scouting club with a relatively cheap youth set up. Chris Wright left us with no training ground. We were picking up late bloomers - like err.. Les Ferdinand etc. But you needed scouts who had been around a bit.

As a club we were always a little bit cheeky west london chappie. We were the club of Jim Gregory and Terry Venables - we were always a little bit Del boy if you know what i mean. Maybe we were always going to struggle when mega money hit the game as we began to attract the wrong sort a lot before the hapless TF arrived.

If Ramsey was the second coming I think he would have trouble setting up a reconstruction of the 60s west ham youth production line with the various portacabins and borrowed pitches allocated to him.

I feel bad about it but something happens at the club now and i default to thinking ' that'll turn out crap' - its just a default setting now really.

Anyway sorry to ramble on - just trying to explaiin how i think the impassioned and excellent arguments in this thread will all come to mean naught.
Ramsey returns on 12:42 - Jan 7 with 2005 viewsozexile

I just want a couple of players who can control a ball and pass and move. I don't care if Ramsey finds them, les or the man on the moon.
Ramsey returns on 12:53 - Jan 7 with 1975 viewsdaveB

No doubt Warnock did a good job in both his spells at the club, he made mistakes after we went up but he's not alone in that.

I do think it is piss poor of him to come out and say this stuff about Austin though and say how he has told the player to go to Palace, that's not overly helpful

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-crystal-palace-perfect-move-charlie-aust
Ramsey returns on 17:46 - Jan 7 with 1867 viewsClive_Anderson

Ramsey returns on 11:50 - Jan 7 by isawqpratwcity

Warnock didn't affect Ramsey's management and the grudging form before the management change continued afterwards, but that's not down to Ramsey?

Make up your f*cking mind!

What form before the management change? We lost the last two with Ramsey in charge and had won only two of the last ten which is worse than his overall record.

I'm struggling to see this amazing upturn in fortune under Ramsey before he went.
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey returns on 18:19 - Jan 7 with 1829 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 11:50 - Jan 7 by isawqpratwcity

Warnock didn't affect Ramsey's management and the grudging form before the management change continued afterwards, but that's not down to Ramsey?

Make up your f*cking mind!

i haven't sworn at you so do yourself a favour and wind your neck in
It's a debate about football ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramsey returns on 18:25 - Jan 7 with 1819 viewsDorse

Ramsey returns on 12:53 - Jan 7 by daveB

No doubt Warnock did a good job in both his spells at the club, he made mistakes after we went up but he's not alone in that.

I do think it is piss poor of him to come out and say this stuff about Austin though and say how he has told the player to go to Palace, that's not overly helpful

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-crystal-palace-perfect-move-charlie-aust

I heard that interview and felt 'meh'. If he's going, go already. Giz the dosh so we can use it. Presumably on some overweight, has-been hunchback with only one leg and a wooden pancreas but who is 'a real coup' and is 'great in training'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ramsey returns on 22:04 - Jan 7 with 1771 viewsCHUBBS

Ramsey returns on 11:23 - Jan 7 by isawqpratwcity

"also advising and actually managing the team are two completely different things,
because one person advises the other doesn't mean the other bloke takes any notice"

Fair enough, but that means that it was Ramsey that stopped the porous defence (and in doing so, pretty much dried up the attack, too) as I've been saying all along. We went from a profligate and high-scoring side to a mean, one-goal-either-way side (one 3-0 win apart) within two days of Neil's appointment. Looks a lot more like Neil copped a free ride off Ramsey's coat-tails.

I do hope you speak in jest,comparing Ramsey to Warnock is humour gold never mind insinuations that Warnock somehow benefited from CRs superior management assets😂
Sorry I can't stop laughing😆
Ramsey returns on 08:46 - Jan 8 with 1669 viewsRBlock

Ramsey returns on 09:56 - Jan 7 by paulparker

Also there is winning games, and then winning against Reading because Al-Habsi completely lost his shit.

err you still have to win the game and you still have to keep a clean sheet , no ? that's the point of football that you score more than the opposition , we won the game it makes me laugh that people are irked that Warnock got us 7 points out of the 12

as for tom Carroll he has played a few games for Spurs , lets no go to overboard , lets see where he is in 12 months time, also he got stick here as he wasn't very good,
its like Ryan Mason he has been at about 6 clubs on loan and didn't do the business at any of them until Pocchertinio got a hold of him , lets not re write history as Carroll wasn't all that when he was playing for us

Yup. You do still have to keep a clean sheet. Like Ramsey did many a time, but let's brush past that shall we. Nobody is irked that Warnock got us 7 points out of 12, we all want to do as well as possible, so those results are a plus. People are just wary of giving Warnock complete credit for those games, given the circumstance surrounding them.

In defence of Little Tommy, yes he has only played a few games, but he has looked right at home in a club playing attacking football who are currently sitting in the Champions League places. I also didn't think he was as bad as everyone seemed to make out, when he was here. I think he was under appreciated because he performs a very low key role. Recycling possession, always making himself available for the ball, and keeping the team ticking. I think we played better football when he played, less long ball football, and I think his role in that was overlooked.
Ramsey returns on 09:19 - Jan 8 with 1636 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 08:46 - Jan 8 by RBlock

Yup. You do still have to keep a clean sheet. Like Ramsey did many a time, but let's brush past that shall we. Nobody is irked that Warnock got us 7 points out of 12, we all want to do as well as possible, so those results are a plus. People are just wary of giving Warnock complete credit for those games, given the circumstance surrounding them.

In defence of Little Tommy, yes he has only played a few games, but he has looked right at home in a club playing attacking football who are currently sitting in the Champions League places. I also didn't think he was as bad as everyone seemed to make out, when he was here. I think he was under appreciated because he performs a very low key role. Recycling possession, always making himself available for the ball, and keeping the team ticking. I think we played better football when he played, less long ball football, and I think his role in that was overlooked.

Ramsey kept Clean sheets many a time ,
well that's debatable, we kept 4 this season and one of those was against Yeovil , bottom of league 2 , last season we kept one under him , that was the must win against West Ham that's 5 clean sheets in 9 months ,
the truth is we were conceding nearly 3 goals a game under him until the return of NW
you may be wary of giving him credit but im not, we were a shambles at the back and in the space of a couple of weeks were looking like play off contenders,
as for LTC lets see where he is in 12 months, because if Pocchertino cannot turn him in to a footballer than no one can

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramsey returns on 09:28 - Jan 8 with 1632 views1BobbyHazell

Ramsey returns on 08:46 - Jan 8 by RBlock

Agreed. I really liked LTC when he was here, his showing for the ball was the best I can remember for a long time. He was a key part in a few excellent possesion based performances, especially before McLaren departed, the Middlesbrough game at home springs to mind. I was in a tiny minority that were hoping we might actually be able to buy him and Morrison (I know, I know) and build a team around young English talent with good technical ability. Pipe Dreams of a madman I agree!

Anyway this is where 'new money' QPR's expectations concern me. If an England U21 regular who is now starting for a team heading for the Champions League was (and still is by some I imagine) not good enough for us, what chance for someone like Gladwin who, with all due respect, is unlikely to be good enough to become a regular starter for a top four Prem side?
Ramsey returns on 11:15 - Jan 8 with 1588 viewsRBlock

Ramsey returns on 09:19 - Jan 8 by paulparker

Ramsey kept Clean sheets many a time ,
well that's debatable, we kept 4 this season and one of those was against Yeovil , bottom of league 2 , last season we kept one under him , that was the must win against West Ham that's 5 clean sheets in 9 months ,
the truth is we were conceding nearly 3 goals a game under him until the return of NW
you may be wary of giving him credit but im not, we were a shambles at the back and in the space of a couple of weeks were looking like play off contenders,
as for LTC lets see where he is in 12 months, because if Pocchertino cannot turn him in to a footballer than no one can

Ok, having had a look back I concede the Ramsey clean sheets point. We were however actually scoring goals until the return of Neil Warnock, so spin that however way you want. We were defintely not looking like play off contenders under Warnock however.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 11:17]
Ramsey returns on 11:33 - Jan 8 with 1564 viewsthemodfather

flav says, first ramsey back, then gianni, then me..soften the blow
then paul hart and the euorpa ligue 9
Ramsey returns on 12:29 - Jan 8 with 1537 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 11:15 - Jan 8 by RBlock

Ok, having had a look back I concede the Ramsey clean sheets point. We were however actually scoring goals until the return of Neil Warnock, so spin that however way you want. We were defintely not looking like play off contenders under Warnock however.

Spin what Exactly ?

you win games by keeping clean sheets and scoring more than the opposition
George Graham built a career on building from the back, any good manager knows you have to get the defence right before you can mount a challenge in any league
we had to be more defensive you cannot keep conceding 3 goals a game and hoping to win , that's just basic logic surely

Ramsey returns on 13:25 - Jan 8 with 1498 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ramsey returns on 11:15 - Jan 8 by RBlock

Don't be so conciliatory.

I asked pp if he wanted the 4 Ramsey games under Warnock's 'advice' to be attributed to Warnock and he preferred not to, presumably as it drops Warnock's 7/12 points down to 11/24, He's right anyway. I can't see Warnock making such a turnaround after two days on the job. Ramsey gets the credit for stopping the haemorrhage at the back, and (apart from one 3-0 win) he gets the blame for inducing the drought up front.

Btw, Clive_Anderson, that's what I meant by "grudging form". The misunderstanding is all yours.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024