Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey returns 14:10 - Jan 5 with 30255 viewsNorthernr

Well this should make for a fun afternoon on here...

CHRIS RAMSEY APPOINTED TECHNICAL DIRECTOR

Ramsey to head up new role within QPR Academy

CHRIS Ramsey has been appointed Technical Director at QPR.

Ramsey will be responsible for a variety of roles relating to coaching and player development.

The 53 year-old will oversee all aspects of coaching and coach education within the Academy, and be responsible for developing and implementing player development strategies.

He will also oversee the integration between the Academy, Development Squad and First Team, as well as focusing on the monitoring and reporting of players on loan to other clubs.

Ramsey will also develop and implement the scouting strategy to include the necessary processes and procedures to acquire players, and develop and implement club partnership programmes at both domestic and international level to facilitate greater market accessibility, exchange of best practice, and development / exit opportunities for players.

Director of Football, Les Ferdinand, explained why Ramsey — who was relinquished of his First Team duties in early November — is the ideal candidate for the role, commenting: “Whilst we were disappointed things didn’t work out with Chris at First Team level earlier in the season, we were determined to retain his services at QPR.

“As such, we actually put a clause in his contract which allowed us to retain Chris’s services in a player-development role should things not work out for him as Head Coach.

“Chris knows Academy football inside-out and having put the building blocks in place for a lot of the good restructuring work that’s been done here over the past 11 months, he can come in and make an instant impact in an environment he has helped build.”

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ramsey returns on 09:41 - Jan 6 with 2486 viewsDorse

Ramsey returns on 09:24 - Jan 6 by Discodroids

Could'nt Ramsey just seek employment elsewhere by Cultivating an inappropriate relationship with an alcoholic MP and augment his income further, by selling his toe nail clippings on ebay to his worshipers?

[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 9:24]

We can buy those? Back in a minute...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ramsey returns on 09:48 - Jan 6 with 2481 viewsQPunkR

Don't see what some people's massive problem with this is. Yes he was a disaster as manager - should've never even got the job as I opined from day 1 - but he's a proven academy man. There wasn't such an outcry when he first came to the Club, so why now?
Not a manager in ten thousand years, his 'game management' isn't being used in his new role.

QPR - "shit but local"

Ramsey returns on 10:15 - Jan 6 with 2427 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 09:48 - Jan 6 by QPunkR

Don't see what some people's massive problem with this is. Yes he was a disaster as manager - should've never even got the job as I opined from day 1 - but he's a proven academy man. There wasn't such an outcry when he first came to the Club, so why now?
Not a manager in ten thousand years, his 'game management' isn't being used in his new role.

There wasn't such an outcry when he first came to the Club, so why now?

maybe because we have seen his "tactics" his "preparation", "his hoof ball " the way he sets about his defence and watching a great big lump like JET throwing long balls into the box to 5ft 4 midfielders
also this proven academy man, apart from Spurs where they have the pick of the youngsters from all over where else has he been and done the business ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramsey returns on 10:25 - Jan 6 with 2407 viewsQPunkR

Ramsey returns on 10:15 - Jan 6 by paulparker

There wasn't such an outcry when he first came to the Club, so why now?

maybe because we have seen his "tactics" his "preparation", "his hoof ball " the way he sets about his defence and watching a great big lump like JET throwing long balls into the box to 5ft 4 midfielders
also this proven academy man, apart from Spurs where they have the pick of the youngsters from all over where else has he been and done the business ?

Why do you fear for our Club in relation to his "tactics" his "preparation", "his hoof ball " in his new role exactly?
He spent a decade at Spuds in the academy. Before that he's been England U-20s head coach and U-16s assistant manager. Went and managed in the US before joining Spuds. While not of Guardiola proportions, I'm afraid I don't see why any of that disqualifies him for his new role.

QPR - "shit but local"

Ramsey returns on 10:38 - Jan 6 with 2367 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 10:25 - Jan 6 by QPunkR

Why do you fear for our Club in relation to his "tactics" his "preparation", "his hoof ball " in his new role exactly?
He spent a decade at Spuds in the academy. Before that he's been England U-20s head coach and U-16s assistant manager. Went and managed in the US before joining Spuds. While not of Guardiola proportions, I'm afraid I don't see why any of that disqualifies him for his new role.

so he spent a decade at Spurs where he had the pick of the best youngsters to work with ,he coached a bit in the US, he coached the England under 20's to finish bottom of their group in the world youth championships against the mighty Cameroon, USA & Japan without scoring a goal
he also coached the under 16s in their European championships, to yes you guessed it bottom of the group
you said he is a proven Academy coach, im still to see any evidence of this "proven tag"

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramsey returns on 10:38 - Jan 6 with 2367 viewsrichpr

Note that no other club came in for CR.

As far as technical ability, tactical ability, bringing through youth - we are as low as it gets. Now we get the person who was contributed to this for the last 6/9 months back to continue the decline. Nice going LF.

I honestly thought it was joke when I saw it on Sky Sports News.

Then I hear we are signing another veteran Italian defender (probably slow, probably injury prone, probably cr*p)

Doubt I will renew my season ticket now. I really don't feel like contributing to the wages of LF, CR, Green, Fer, Sandro, Traore, Toszer, Henry etc. Major clear-out needed. Happy to re-invest in the R's when they start playing the young players (good or bad, win or lose) as long as they try!!
Ramsey returns on 11:03 - Jan 6 with 2330 viewsJamie

Ramsey returns on 10:38 - Jan 6 by paulparker

so he spent a decade at Spurs where he had the pick of the best youngsters to work with ,he coached a bit in the US, he coached the England under 20's to finish bottom of their group in the world youth championships against the mighty Cameroon, USA & Japan without scoring a goal
he also coached the under 16s in their European championships, to yes you guessed it bottom of the group
you said he is a proven Academy coach, im still to see any evidence of this "proven tag"

How many youth coaches could you name off the top of your head?

What's the names of the coaching team responsible for bringing through Messi, Iniesta, Pique, Busquets et al at La Masia?

Spurs kept him on for a decade in their academy, which is proof enough for me that he's a half decent youth coach.
Ramsey returns on 11:10 - Jan 6 with 2313 viewsBlue_Castello

Ramsey returns on 15:14 - Jan 5 by ElHoop

Wearing a boring accountant's hat, with FFP in mind, giving him this job in mainly youth development presumably excludes the cost from the FFP calculation, whereas paying him off as first team manager would stuff us up big time if FFP is applying to us this season. So it's possibly a little bit clever anyway.

Agreed - Surely the number one directive for Lee Hoos is to work on the clubs finances and attempt to keep us as far away from FFP as possible.

Whatever people think of Ramsey as a coach I believe he had a three year contract and if we let him go completely surely we have to pay his contract in full.

Ramsey has a good reputation as a coach whether that's founded or not is obviously up for debate but I am sure it's better to have him earning the very large sum of money rather than giving him a lottery windfall with a payoff.

Lee Hoos appears to be a very shrewd businessman, my guess is that this job offer is in the best financial interests of the club
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey returns on 11:16 - Jan 6 with 2303 viewssimmo

He's clearly a very well qualified and respected youth coach, anybody trying to disprove that is clearly doing so because they don't like him as a manager. Or are we saying that there are no good youth coaches at any large clubs because they 'have their pick'??

As for others 'not coming in for him', firstly, there's no way you'll know that, 2nd, Les Ferdinand said a few weeks ago that he has had offers, including from the FA that have been trying to bring him in. If however he had the clause in his contract that we could retain him, that would have delayed any moves elsewhere.

Despite the fact we already have quite a few people in potentially similar positions, he's obviously an excellent addition to the youth side of the club and as long as he's retained as such, it's a good appointment.

Let's move on.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ramsey returns on 11:19 - Jan 6 with 2297 viewsDiscodroids

As long as Ramsey is kept out of harms way , watching the first team through the slats of the lourve doors taking his estrogen pills, while his Overlords JFH and Les getting on with job at hand , the job a good 'un.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey returns on 11:28 - Jan 6 with 2272 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 11:03 - Jan 6 by Jamie

How many youth coaches could you name off the top of your head?

What's the names of the coaching team responsible for bringing through Messi, Iniesta, Pique, Busquets et al at La Masia?

Spurs kept him on for a decade in their academy, which is proof enough for me that he's a half decent youth coach.

Steve Highway - Liverpool,
Tony Carr - West Ham ( excellent youth coach)
Kevin Mcdonald (Villa)
Jason Dodd (Southampton)
Liam Brady (Arsenal until last year)
Mike Dodds Birmingham
Les Reed, Charlton
Paul McGuiness , Man Utd

Tito Vilanova & Jan Neeskans were around when the Barca players were coming through, but that's Barcalona

so because Spurs kept him on a decade where the best youngsters go, so what
out of those 10 years only Kane and Rose have been regulars and that's down to pocchertino , that's poor considering the youngsters they have had is it not
also he was on a cushy number for a few of those years as he was mates with Les & Tim
what about his dreadful record of working with Englands kids ?
why hasn't any of the top clubs since spurs been after this "proven " academy coach
why was our football dreadful when he was "head coach"
who has a footballer has improved since he has been here

Ramsey returns on 11:33 - Jan 6 with 2250 viewsnix

Ramsey returns on 09:25 - Jan 6 by adhoc_qpr

I think it's to do with the fact we basically didn't really have a youth set up and Steve Gallen managed scrape one together almost single handedly despite being woefully underfunded and having no staff or facilities.

Obviously we haven't had a steady stream of youth players contributing to the first team, but we've had a few and the likes of Sterling, Parrett etc who were poached by others will have actually made a huge profit for the club from minimal investment.

Thanks. Making more sense now.
Ramsey returns on 11:39 - Jan 6 with 2232 viewsdaveB

Ramsey returns on 10:38 - Jan 6 by paulparker

We're still doing the JET long throw under Hasselbaink.

Ramsey is proven at Academy level and helped bring through several youngsters to not just the Spurs team but other clubs as well. Daniels and Smith at Bournemouth both came through under him as did Luongo. He's not the messiah but he has a better track record than QPR have shown in the last 15 years.

I'm not sure it matters a great deal as he'll be hounded out by our wonderful fans along with Ferdinand before long.
Ramsey returns on 11:40 - Jan 6 with 2231 viewsfrancisbowles

Ramsey returns on 11:28 - Jan 6 by paulparker

Kevin Mcdonald (Villa)
Jason Dodd (Southampton)
Mike Dodds Birmingham
Les Reed, Charlton
Paul McGuiness , Man Utd

Tito Vilanova & Jan Neeskans were around when the Barca players were coming through, but that's Barcalona

out of those 10 years only Kane and Rose have been regulars and that's down to pocchertino , that's poor considering the youngsters they have had is it not
also he was on a cushy number for a few of those years as he was mates with Les & Tim
why hasn't any of the top clubs since spurs been after this "proven " academy coach

To the last one Charlie Austin. Much better in the lone striker role than under the previous lot.

To the one before, it wasn't always.

And the one before that, anecdotal evidence suggests otherwise and he had a contract here which may have mean't we could demand compensation.
Ramsey returns on 11:40 - Jan 6 with 2229 viewsdaveB

Ramsey returns on 11:28 - Jan 6 by paulparker

Kevin Mcdonald (Villa)
Jason Dodd (Southampton)
Mike Dodds Birmingham
Les Reed, Charlton
Paul McGuiness , Man Utd

Les Read and kevin Mcdonald had similar crap times as first team manager, doesn't make them poor as youth team coaches though
Ramsey returns on 11:43 - Jan 6 with 2208 viewsPommyhoop

''so because Spurs kept him on a decade where the best youngsters go, so what
out of those 10 years only Kane and Rose have been regulars and that's down to pocchertino , that's poor considering the youngsters they have had is it not ''

HOW good a coach is Chris Ramsey? A swift glance at the next Tottenham team sheet should tell you everything.­­­

When the 53-year-old arrived at White Hart Lane as assistant to academy chief John McDermott in 2005, the last youth product to truly make the grade was Ledley King, by then nudging 26.

A decade on, you can barely move for homegrown talent; Harry Kane and Ryan Mason, Danny Rose, Nabil Bentaleb and Andros Townsend. Steven Caulker is on loan at Southampton, Jake Livermore a regular at Hull.

Most in the Premier League. Many of them internationals. All guided by the nurturing hand of Ramsey.

“He was massive for all of us,” says French midfielder Bentaleb, now 20. “He believed in us, he encouraged us. He told the manager we were ready when everyone else believed we were not. He was not shy or scared of anybody and he knew exactly what he wanted.”

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Ramsey returns on 11:44 - Jan 6 with 2200 viewsQPunkR

Ramsey returns on 11:40 - Jan 6 by daveB

Les Read and kevin Mcdonald had similar crap times as first team manager, doesn't make them poor as youth team coaches though

But then again, they're not called Ramsey

QPR - "shit but local"

Ramsey returns on 12:23 - Jan 6 with 2115 viewsPinnerPaul

Ramsey returns on 11:19 - Jan 6 by Discodroids

As long as Ramsey is kept out of harms way , watching the first team through the slats of the lourve doors taking his estrogen pills, while his Overlords JFH and Les getting on with job at hand , the job a good 'un.

"The job at hand" meaning actually win a game!
Ramsey returns on 12:30 - Jan 6 with 2100 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 11:39 - Jan 6 by daveB

We're still doing the JET long throw under Hasselbaink.

Ramsey is proven at Academy level and helped bring through several youngsters to not just the Spurs team but other clubs as well. Daniels and Smith at Bournemouth both came through under him as did Luongo. He's not the messiah but he has a better track record than QPR have shown in the last 15 years.

I'm not sure it matters a great deal as he'll be hounded out by our wonderful fans along with Ferdinand before long.

Daniels & Smith dropped down the divisions I would say their development is down to Karl Robinson & Eddie Howe than anything Chris Ramsey did,

People go on about him coaching England under 20's they lost every game in the youth world cup without scoring
same as when he coached England under 16s they lost every game in the tournament
this might explain why he isn't coaching in the FA anymore

someone mentioned earlier he improved Austin , did he ?? he looked the same player to me who was banging in the goals when harry was here , if anything he didn't play to Austins strengths by leaving him on his own

unless I missed something he played hoofball , the defence was awful and tactics generally abysmal

if he was that proven at Spurs & developed all of these wonderful players why haven't they come back for him ?
why haven't the top club in England been after him, why hasn't any club been in for him

lets see in the next 2, 3 , 4 , 5 years what players come through, il have a wager not very many

Ramsey returns on 12:34 - Jan 6 with 2086 viewsdaveB

Ramsey returns on 12:30 - Jan 6 by paulparker

Daniels & Smith dropped down the divisions I would say their development is down to Karl Robinson & Eddie Howe than anything Chris Ramsey did,

People go on about him coaching England under 20's they lost every game in the youth world cup without scoring
same as when he coached England under 16s they lost every game in the tournament
this might explain why he isn't coaching in the FA anymore

someone mentioned earlier he improved Austin , did he ?? he looked the same player to me who was banging in the goals when harry was here , if anything he didn't play to Austins strengths by leaving him on his own

unless I missed something he played hoofball , the defence was awful and tactics generally abysmal

if he was that proven at Spurs & developed all of these wonderful players why haven't they come back for him ?
why haven't the top club in England been after him, why hasn't any club been in for him

lets see in the next 2, 3 , 4 , 5 years what players come through, il have a wager not very many

if thats the case then Sterlings development was nothing to do with Steve Gallen.
Ramsey returns on 12:43 - Jan 6 with 2100 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 12:34 - Jan 6 by daveB

if thats the case then Sterlings development was nothing to do with Steve Gallen.

Sterling was a freak of a player , like Rooney who comes round every 10 or 15 years
he was nurtured & looked after by Steve Gallen who took an interest in the lad and gave him a platform to perform , he was a rough diamond who then went to Liverpool

Apart from Spurs who have probably have the best youngsters with the best facilities where else has Ramsey "proven" himself ???

Ramsey returns on 12:48 - Jan 6 with 2076 viewsdaveB

Ramsey returns on 12:43 - Jan 6 by paulparker

Sterling was a freak of a player , like Rooney who comes round every 10 or 15 years
he was nurtured & looked after by Steve Gallen who took an interest in the lad and gave him a platform to perform , he was a rough diamond who then went to Liverpool

Apart from Spurs who have probably have the best youngsters with the best facilities where else has Ramsey "proven" himself ???

where else does he need to prove himself? Where had Les Read done a good job apart from Charlton before he got the Southampton job? he put all that in place at Spurs to make them one of the best academies so did a good job with them.

He might do similar with us or might make a mess of it but he can't make the academy at QPR any worse so not sure what the problem is.

On his tactics he did try to get us playing quick passing football but both last season and this the players rebelled and said they needed to go more direct so it changed. That doesn't say much for him as a first team manager admittedly but that won't be his job
Ramsey returns on 12:56 - Jan 6 with 2047 viewsPommyhoop

Best man for the job.
Glad to have you back Chris.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Ramsey returns on 12:57 - Jan 6 with 2042 viewsDiscodroids

Ramsey returns on 12:23 - Jan 6 by PinnerPaul

"The job at hand" meaning actually win a game!

like i said, as long as the gimp is nowhere near the first team, infesting them with his misty buff personality, then the jobs a good' un for the real men such as JFH and Les.

otherwise , bringing Ramsey back smacks of the Last days in the bunker job . Pervitin eye drops , eating a sheeps beating heart to call up the cloven hoofed daemons, mass suicides, f ucking livestock and calling up ramsey from within a coarse pentangle of salts.

the fact is, the speak and spell, Vision on , c unt plopper is back and thats fackin well that. end of fackin story.

[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 13:04]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey returns on 12:58 - Jan 6 with 2037 viewsQPunkR

Ramsey returns on 12:43 - Jan 6 by paulparker

'kin hell man, we get it. He's done something personal to you. Look, he was at Spurs for a decade. If he'd had 10 different jobs at 10 different clubs during that time would that make him more acceptable to you?
Like I've said previously, he was a disaster as a manager but does that mean he'd be a disaster in any other profession? Should he be allowed to ever work again?

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024