Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official - Curt in for the season as manager 17:58 - Jan 7 with 28324 viewsAl_Bundy

nt
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:38 - Jan 7 with 1889 viewsDarran

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:36 - Jan 7 by ItchySphincter

Club legend taking them down. No chance of similarities then?

Dumbo.

I don't know why you bother.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:38 - Jan 7 with 1881 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:34 - Jan 7 by pencoedjack

Nothing like a bit of positivity fella

I may have put a negative slant on it. I didn't completely mean to.

Arguably it's the board doing what they've always done and choosing the safe option for the club. See where we are in May and appoint an appropriate manager. Better than having someone come in now who takes us down and we are stuck with next season on big wages in the championship
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:39 - Jan 7 with 1876 viewsdgt73

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:36 - Jan 7 by ItchySphincter

Club legend taking them down. No chance of similarities then?

Dumbo.

Why do you bother ? Ffs you couldn't make it up. Pmsl.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:40 - Jan 7 with 1855 viewsJackanapes

Its a good job we dont have anyone from here managing us thats for sure. Bunch of whining gutless freaks.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 18:41]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:42 - Jan 7 with 1823 viewsdgt73

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:36 - Jan 7 by Darran

Yeah there can Shearer took them down and Curt could take us down.
Both club legends both getting their beloved clubs relegated.
Similar situations you thick prick.

Oh so because shearer was a club legend- that means any club legend from any club, will have the same end result. Pmsl

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:42 - Jan 7 with 1804 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:40 - Jan 7 by Jackanapes

Its a good job we dont have anyone from here managing us thats for sure. Bunch of whining gutless freaks.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 18:41]

Happy with the appointment then mate?
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:42 - Jan 7 with 1807 viewsmagicdaps10

Fully behind him but goes to show how much of a clue our guys in charge have when up against the wall.

No balls shown by the board here, shambles!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:44 - Jan 7 with 1782 viewsshandyjack

on the plus side, John Carver eventually kept Newcastle up last season, so anything is possible.

But does stink of a Wolves, Terry Connor sort of change

Poll: Expectation for the season

Login to get fewer ads

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:44 - Jan 7 with 1780 viewsItchySphincter

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:38 - Jan 7 by Darran

I don't know why you bother.

I know, I can`t help myself.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:45 - Jan 7 with 1765 viewsswan65split

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:18 - Jan 7 by Darran

Rog there's only 20 PL managers jobs in the whole world and 4 or 5 of those jobs are out of the reach of most.
Alan will have my full support as any manager would but there's no denying there's summin not right here.

What he said.............we all have to get behind the team and Curt........but defo summit is not right ......and it will emerge at some point. Jacks are too loosed lipped, lol... no hiding place boys .......COYS
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:46 - Jan 7 with 1750 viewsstid

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:30 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

And not having a contingency

My view fwiw - no money to spend in January, no real prospect of staying up. If we do then maybe someone like Rodgers will come in although that will very much depend on what sharpe we finish the season in.

Most likely scenario is that we are anticipating appointing someone to get us out of the championship next season. My money is on that Potter fella

We wont be in the championship next season
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:46 - Jan 7 with 1740 viewstomdickharry

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:35 - Jan 7 by londonlisa2001

I'll start off by saying that in my view, there is no one at the Swans now or at any time since I have been watching us (1977 ish) that I love more than I love Curtis (I would include Robbie as on a par). A genuine club legend, a true gentleman and none of our current crop of players are fit to lace his boots in terms of ability and sheer class on the pitch (I am tempted to say off the pitch as well, but that is unfair on the current crop as I have not met many of them so can't comment).

I also believe that he will give absolutely everything that he has to try to keep us up as he loves this club as much as any of us could ever do and he will have my absolute support whatever the outcome.

BUT - what a complete shambles this process has been. The seeming inability of the board to identify what was staring everyone in the face for weeks beforehand, namely that Monk would end up being sacked and would need replacing is just unbelievable.

The jaunt to South America was similarly unbelievable (I commented at the time that everything could be done remotely and they should only be going over in person if there was a real possibility of one of the candidates, whether Bielsa or anyone else joining us and was roundly mocked for it - well this is what happens when you bugger off on a wild goose chase without knowing that you are all on at least the same page to start with).

Stupid tweets from the board before anything is settled, endless delays in actually confirming Curt in the job, leaking out the story to 'soften the impact' rather than actually have the courage to announce it properly (if you're convinced this is the right thing to do, then put yourself on the record and say it, clearly and without hesitation, not dribble it out).

We don't seem to be commenting on the fact that we lost 3 or 4 members of the coaching team - well who is replacing them? Or alternatively, who is replacing the work done by the people that are now the 'first team coaching staff' and were previously looking at the academy etc?

Let's all pray that at the end of this season, there have been three clubs in a worse state than us. But if we get to the summer and have wonderfully and blissfully stayed up, I truly hope that the 'good look at the position of the club' at that time includes off the field as well as on the field. Because the past 18 months or so have seen people taking their eye off the ball in my view as they concentrated instead on more personal issues - and, no, I am not referring to stupid rumours that are almost certainly complete nonsense, but making films, and travelling here, there and everywhere to 'sell' it, trying to sell shares to 'investors', not sorting out expansion, coming up with 'clever' deals to bring in players that are frankly not worth a tenth of what they are apparently earning, and behaving with a general level of hubris that was unwarranted.

Perhaps if we emerge from this episode with our status in the PL intact, then we can breathe a sigh of relief and stop believing our own hype. If we don't, then from the position we were in 18 months ago that is sheer negligence.

But that is all for another day now - come on you Swans and Alan Curtis - whatever happens, you are a complete hero.

That my friend is a brilliant post,allow me to add that those "Red Flags" were very serious pointers as to what was going to happen.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:49 - Jan 7 with 1695 viewsDarran

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:42 - Jan 7 by dgt73

Oh so because shearer was a club legend- that means any club legend from any club, will have the same end result. Pmsl

Well if Curt does take us down it'll be a similarity and seeing as the fella said he'd be happy with a Shearer similarity that means it'll be a similarity.
LMAO.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:49 - Jan 7 with 1697 viewsrWp

This has been a shambles of a quite staggering nature.

We have won 1 game in 5 since Curtis took over and still look hopeless going forward. If we fail to beat Watford and Sunderland at home that quickly becomes 1 win 7 and we are approaching Monk territory again.

It's absurd to think Curtis is the right man for the job and I have no vendetta he was a great player but this task is too big for him and he probably thinks that himself.

As far as I can see when caretakers have been given jobs in relegation battles it usually ends in failure - Ramsey, Connor, Shearer to name a few.
It's teams like Southampton who took on Pochettinho as a gamble who prosper in these situations.

This team need a fresh impetus and new ideas not the same again.

All I can say is one work - Trouble.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:49 - Jan 7 with 1696 viewsstid

Cannot believe how many people im seeing questioning Huws decision! We will be fine relax
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:51 - Jan 7 with 1668 viewsswan65split

I'll start off by saying that in my view, there is no one at the Swans now or at any time since I have been watching us (1977 ish) that I love more than I love Curtis (I would include Robbie as on a par). A genuine club legend, a true gentleman and none of our current crop of players are fit to lace his boots in terms of ability and sheer class on the pitch (I am tempted to say off the pitch as well, but that is unfair on the current crop as I have not met many of them so can't comment).

I also believe that he will give absolutely everything that he has to try to keep us up as he loves this club as much as any of us could ever do and he will have my absolute support whatever the outcome.

BUT - what a complete shambles this process has been. The seeming inability of the board to identify what was staring everyone in the face for weeks beforehand, namely that Monk would end up being sacked and would need replacing is just unbelievable.

The jaunt to South America was similarly unbelievable (I commented at the time that everything could be done remotely and they should only be going over in person if there was a real possibility of one of the candidates, whether Bielsa or anyone else joining us and was roundly mocked for it - well this is what happens when you bugger off on a wild goose chase without knowing that you are all on at least the same page to start with).

Stupid tweets from the board before anything is settled, endless delays in actually confirming Curt in the job, leaking out the story to 'soften the impact' rather than actually have the courage to announce it properly (if you're convinced this is the right thing to do, then put yourself on the record and say it, clearly and without hesitation, not dribble it out).

We don't seem to be commenting on the fact that we lost 3 or 4 members of the coaching team - well who is replacing them? Or alternatively, who is replacing the work done by the people that are now the 'first team coaching staff' and were previously looking at the academy etc?

Let's all pray that at the end of this season, there have been three clubs in a worse state than us. But if we get to the summer and have wonderfully and blissfully stayed up, I truly hope that the 'good look at the position of the club' at that time includes off the field as well as on the field. Because the past 18 months or so have seen people taking their eye off the ball in my view as they concentrated instead on more personal issues - and, no, I am not referring to stupid rumours that are almost certainly complete nonsense, but making films, and travelling here, there and everywhere to 'sell' it, trying to sell shares to 'investors', not sorting out expansion, coming up with 'clever' deals to bring in players that are frankly not worth a tenth of what they are apparently earning, and behaving with a general level of hubris that was unwarranted.

Perhaps if we emerge from this episode with our status in the PL intact, then we can breathe a sigh of relief and stop believing our own hype. If we don't, then from the position we were in 18 months ago that is sheer negligence.

But that is all for another day now - come on you Swans and Alan Curtis - whatever happens, you are a complete hero.

Well said.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:55 - Jan 7 with 1625 viewsdgt73

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:49 - Jan 7 by Darran

Well if Curt does take us down it'll be a similarity and seeing as the fella said he'd be happy with a Shearer similarity that means it'll be a similarity.
LMAO.

And if he doesn't take us down there will be no similarities will there. Thick as shite.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:56 - Jan 7 with 1607 viewsmax936

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:49 - Jan 7 by stid

Cannot believe how many people im seeing questioning Huws decision! We will be fine relax

Fair enough, but where are the goals gonna come from?, we don't seem to be creating a lot, our pace in the attacking third is woeful and the set piece is shocking the defence is panicky and in attack is not much better, although the header Fab made against Utd was probably the best we've seen all season, but he's the goal keeper

Who's your pick for the drop then stid?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:56 - Jan 7 with 1600 viewslovejuicejack

Summed up nicely, what ever happens the board need to take a good hard look at themselves.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:57 - Jan 7 with 1595 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:55 - Jan 7 by dgt73

And if he doesn't take us down there will be no similarities will there. Thick as shite.

To be fair the odds are stacked against us in terms of this type of appointment in the premier league
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:59 - Jan 7 with 1551 viewsQuakerJack

If you're all going to Preston clap your hands...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:59 - Jan 7 with 1549 viewsDarran

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:55 - Jan 7 by dgt73

But the fella wanted a similarity you dopey cock.

Just for the record I didn't and don't.
LMAO

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:00 - Jan 7 with 1538 viewsDarran

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:57 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

To be fair the odds are stacked against us in terms of this type of appointment in the premier league

Don't bother ARQS.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:00 - Jan 7 with 1527 viewslovejuicejack

You can dress it up any way you want but the fact is its a cluster fck
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:00 - Jan 7 with 1529 viewsmonmouth

OOF

Even when it's looking by far the most probable outcome it's still a jolt when it is so obvious that things have got to the 'oh shit, what else can we do' stage. This was clearly never planned as an outcome. I'd really like to know what happened with the rabble that were supposed to be managing us for this to end up being the better outcome than them but there we are.

Anyway, just roll with it, see what happens and lick our wounds when it's done and get up again wherever we are. Can't pretend I'm not shocked, even though i was expecting it, still thought there might be a rabbit out of the hat.

AC can do no wrong for me in this situation anyway, so lets see him wear the long trousers. The Board need to genuinely ask themselves how things could have developed in this way without earlier loud alarms and earlier action though. It seems from the outside as if we are just coming apart at the seams.

Go Curt. Go Players. Go fans. Let's just do it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024