Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official - Curt in for the season as manager 17:58 - Jan 7 with 28328 viewsAl_Bundy

nt
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:14 - Jan 7 with 1632 viewsDarran

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:13 - Jan 7 by 3swan

Wing and a prayer.

We can all pick names out of the air, but I don't think we represent a 'good call' for many of the managers that we might want.

I hope the gamble we take is strengthening on the pitch, even though I can only see loan players coming in

All depends who Jenkins signs isn't it?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:15 - Jan 7 with 1631 views3swan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:11 - Jan 7 by max936

Neil Warnock

I did post his name earlier saying that would have brought a meltdown
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:16 - Jan 7 with 1611 views3swan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:14 - Jan 7 by Darran

All depends who Jenkins signs isn't it?

Ok I agree with you
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:17 - Jan 7 with 1604 viewsItchySphincter

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:10 - Jan 7 by Darran

Desperate times calling for desperate measures.
We haven't been in this situation under their control before and I think they should have taken a little gamble.

It could be argued that maybe they should have taken that course of action when they sacked Laudrup rather than the easy option they took at the time.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:18 - Jan 7 with 1583 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:13 - Jan 7 by 3swan

Wing and a prayer.

We can all pick names out of the air, but I don't think we represent a 'good call' for many of the managers that we might want.

I hope the gamble we take is strengthening on the pitch, even though I can only see loan players coming in

Loans would be fine. As long as they're players who add something substantial to us it doesn't matter.

IF we are reluctant to offer a manager a long term contract through fear of relegation then we sure as hell aren't going to offer it to a player.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:21 - Jan 7 with 1565 viewsUplandsJack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:36 - Jan 7 by monmouth

5 points from every five games would keep us up no problem I reckon. So results so far have actually been fine with 3 away 2 home and two of those at big beasts. Life aint that simple though. Looking at past history last night from teams that have gone down with 18/19 points at this stage and they've all pretty much folded in the last 18 games, normally ending with 30-32-35 points.

So, based on that I would propose that the whole see saw may well rest on the next two home games. Maybe even the next single one. Tipping point in my eyes. After all, if we can't beat Sunderland at home, then you probably have to ask, who can we beat? And likely tailspin would follow. Going to be a biggie.

Oxford is also important I think but for different reasons. Even with a semi reserve team a defeat would add to the general gloom ,whereas a win lifts the place, even for players not playing. So I'm viewing that one through my fingers at the moment too. I'd prefer if it was Sunderland first.

Good post! Totally agree with you there... In fact I was saying exactly the same to a mate the other night.
We have a tough run-in so the next 10 games are where we need to pick up the majority of our required points. If we can pick-up at least 4 (hopefully 6 of course) points from the next 2 games that would be a good(great) start to getting the remaining 23 i think we will need to stay in this league.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:22 - Jan 7 with 1562 views3swan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:18 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

Loans would be fine. As long as they're players who add something substantial to us it doesn't matter.

IF we are reluctant to offer a manager a long term contract through fear of relegation then we sure as hell aren't going to offer it to a player.

Let's hope that the money gamble will bring in the right quality.

That's me done for the night. Got my boots to clean as I have a meeting in the morning
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:24 - Jan 7 with 1540 viewsRevJames

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:06 - Jan 7 by lovejuicejack

Certainly a desperate move, what if we lose the next four games do they then sack Alan?

Impossible.

They've proven that either they can't find the right manager or nobody wants it.

They've given him the challenge, it's now up to all the players to do their bit on the pitch and for us supporters to give it everything from now until the end of the season.
Login to get fewer ads

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:25 - Jan 7 with 1522 viewsvetchonian

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:49 - Jan 7 by rWp

This has been a shambles of a quite staggering nature.

We have won 1 game in 5 since Curtis took over and still look hopeless going forward. If we fail to beat Watford and Sunderland at home that quickly becomes 1 win 7 and we are approaching Monk territory again.

It's absurd to think Curtis is the right man for the job and I have no vendetta he was a great player but this task is too big for him and he probably thinks that himself.

As far as I can see when caretakers have been given jobs in relegation battles it usually ends in failure - Ramsey, Connor, Shearer to name a few.
It's teams like Southampton who took on Pochettinho as a gamble who prosper in these situations.

This team need a fresh impetus and new ideas not the same again.

All I can say is one work - Trouble.

I do not wish to get personal but we have had this discussion a on another thread since Curtis has been at the helm
5 played 5 points 3 goals scored for 4 against
Monks last 5 games 1 point gained 2goals scored for 10 against
A marked improvement plus lost out on a point at Man.C due to a flakey deflection and what if Ash or Fab had scored in the dying minutes at Old TraffOrd?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:27 - Jan 7 with 1510 viewsmarchamjack

Curt was and remains my ultimate Swans legend.

I will back him to the hilt now he's in charge, regardless of the fact that he's clearly not the first choice etc.

If he keeps us up, we need to get a statue up of him outside the Liberty. A true living legend and we should then celebrate and laud him properly while he still walks amongst us mere mortals.

#InCurtisITrust

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:32 - Jan 7 with 1479 viewsmax936

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:15 - Jan 7 by 3swan

I did post his name earlier saying that would have brought a meltdown

Thing is though that he has the experience and would probably have been happy with a short term contract and would probably have been able to use his contacts to get a couple of players in suitable, horses for courses time, as you say though he would have gone down like a lead balloon with the fans, but now's not the time for sentiments.

Curt will do his very best at least, there's absolutely no doubt about that, its some of the prima donna players we've got that's the worry.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:36 - Jan 7 with 1440 viewsvetchonian

Ok Alan is in charge lets get behind him there is so much cr*p shouted on here it's unreal.
The comparison to Shearer is absurd .....yes both club legends but Alan has much more coaching experience than Shearer did when he was in the same position.he has also been working at the club so knows what is what unlike Shearer who was " parachuted in
Curt has contacts and friends he can to for advice also.
All this rubbish about big names ,Wenger and Mourinho were not great shakes as players nowhere near our Al but are now lauded as great coaches what about Brian Robson he failed as a manger
So yes we are all as fans frustrated but guys this is what we have Curt will do his best he has got a reaction from the players lets get behind him and the team for the rest of the season and then trust the board who hopefully have learnt from this to put it right in the summer
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 20:38]

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:37 - Jan 7 with 1433 viewssherpajacob

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:25 - Jan 7 by vetchonian

I do not wish to get personal but we have had this discussion a on another thread since Curtis has been at the helm
5 played 5 points 3 goals scored for 4 against
Monks last 5 games 1 point gained 2goals scored for 10 against
A marked improvement plus lost out on a point at Man.C due to a flakey deflection and what if Ash or Fab had scored in the dying minutes at Old TraffOrd?

Also add in that we are now actually getting shots at goal, if we get some confidence back into our play well be ok.
Strangely enough, playing high risk swanselona style football gives us a much better chance of staying up than GMs safety first approach.
Take our next two games, we are better off winning one and losing one than drawing both.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:39 - Jan 7 with 1410 viewstrampie

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:10 - Jan 7 by Swanseajill

The very best of luck AC.

The correct decision for the squad, for the board, and for the future manager under our present circumstances.

Yip

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:39 - Jan 7 with 1409 viewsRevJames

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:23 - Jan 7 by perchrockjack

Question is WHY so many turned the job down

We have a specific way of playing and it's half way through the season, which limits the number of suitable available candidates. We're also near the foot of the table.

These might just have something to do with it
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:43 - Jan 7 with 1385 viewsmorningstar

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:27 - Jan 7 by marchamjack

Curt was and remains my ultimate Swans legend.

I will back him to the hilt now he's in charge, regardless of the fact that he's clearly not the first choice etc.

If he keeps us up, we need to get a statue up of him outside the Liberty. A true living legend and we should then celebrate and laud him properly while he still walks amongst us mere mortals.

#InCurtisITrust

I did state in another thread that we should melt down Ivor's statue and make one of Curt in it's place, and whilst obviously that would be an insult to the memory of Ivor Allchurch, it does seem inconceivable that there is one of him and not Curt. Whether he keeps us in this league or not, he is a legend on a level that no one else connected to this club in its entire history could come anywhere near.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:45 - Jan 7 with 1357 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:12 - Jan 7 by stid

We just missed out on a point at city ,He got us back on track with a draw at home to West Ham, He got the win at home to WBA , took a good point away from Palace and unlucky against United. Carry on the way we have over the last month and we will be safe by march.

Have to agree with this. He's certainly stopped the rot and if the players are going to respond to anyone then it's him. Picked up a lot from his time assisting Laudrup no doubt.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:48 - Jan 7 with 1341 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:45 - Jan 7 by Brynmill_Jack

Have to agree with this. He's certainly stopped the rot and if the players are going to respond to anyone then it's him. Picked up a lot from his time assisting Laudrup no doubt.

Can he do it over the course of half a season though?

We need more than someone to give us a reaction over a few games. We need a complete overhaul of our attacking system as we still aren't scoring goals or even looking like doing so
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:51 - Jan 7 with 1326 viewssherpajacob

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:43 - Jan 7 by morningstar

I did state in another thread that we should melt down Ivor's statue and make one of Curt in it's place, and whilst obviously that would be an insult to the memory of Ivor Allchurch, it does seem inconceivable that there is one of him and not Curt. Whether he keeps us in this league or not, he is a legend on a level that no one else connected to this club in its entire history could come anywhere near.

Ivor is our all time record goalscorer and made more appearances than Curt. His statute is richly deserved.

However
I do agree with Curt as no.1 all time legend when you factor in all his other roles since playing.

Imho you could make a case for ivor, curt, Robbie James and Roger freestone

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:52 - Jan 7 with 1320 viewsvetchonian

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:04 - Jan 7 by VetchitBack

This thread's negativity (some of it clearly gleeful) from so-called fans is profoundly worse than Shelvey being occasionally lazy, Taylor passing backwards and and Gomis falling over.

I hope there's a player's forum where they are slagging off some of the posters on this thread for not doing OUR job.

I would agree with you there

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:53 - Jan 7 with 1316 viewsexiledclaseboy

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:10 - Jan 7 by Darran

Desperate times calling for desperate measures.
We haven't been in this situation under their control before and I think they should have taken a little gamble.

Instead of the massive gamble they've now taken.

Poll: Tory leader

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:54 - Jan 7 with 1305 viewsexiledclaseboy

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:17 - Jan 7 by ItchySphincter

It could be argued that maybe they should have taken that course of action when they sacked Laudrup rather than the easy option they took at the time.

It could, but that gamble paid off. At least for 18 months or so.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:55 - Jan 7 with 1301 viewsDarran

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:53 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

Instead of the massive gamble they've now taken.

You know what I mean cock face.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:55 - Jan 7 with 1290 viewsvetchonian

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:48 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

Can he do it over the course of half a season though?

We need more than someone to give us a reaction over a few games. We need a complete overhaul of our attacking system as we still aren't scoring goals or even looking like doing so

If he and the coaches have done this in just 5 games why can't they do more given a little more time

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:57 - Jan 7 with 1270 viewsexiledclaseboy

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:55 - Jan 7 by Darran

You know what I mean cock face.

No need for that, I was agreeing with you, you cock juggling thunderc*nt.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024