Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official - Curt in for the season as manager 17:58 - Jan 7 with 28326 viewsAl_Bundy

nt
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:22 - Jan 7 with 1694 viewslovejuicejack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:17 - Jan 7 by lifelong

Well, with 18 games to go that remains to be seen, our last 5 performances were a huge improvement, if we can continue at that level of performance for the remainder of the season we will stay up.

What by winning one in five, can't see it myself. We need a huge upturn in quality of play in final third. Don't kid yourself we'll be ok rog mate we are in the shit and if we don't win the next two games the writing is on the wall in afraid. Players know it, board know it.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:22 - Jan 7 with 1698 viewsexiledclaseboy

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:21 - Jan 7 by 3swan

If as reported no experienced manager wants the job, who should we give it to?

I simply can't believe that we couldn't find a manager willing to take a job in the Premier League. Chances are we weren't offering enough money or a long enough contract.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 19:24]

Poll: Tory leader

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:23 - Jan 7 with 1694 viewsDarran

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:22 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

I simply can't believe that we couldn't find a manager willing to take a job in the Premier League. Chances are we weren't offering enough money or a long enough contract.

Spot on.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:23 - Jan 7 with 1686 viewsperchrockjack

Question is WHY so many turned the job down

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:23 - Jan 7 with 1683 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:21 - Jan 7 by 3swan

If as reported no experienced manager wants the job, who should we give it to?

They said that there was nobody available who would be good in the long term for the club.

You can't seriously think that not one manager was interested in the post?
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:24 - Jan 7 with 1675 viewslovejuicejack

Yeah hard to believe isn't it.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:24 - Jan 7 with 1674 viewsUplandsJack

I recall my father once saying to me: " Son, it takes years and years to build a good reputation, but only 5 minutes to Fu@k IT UP!!!
I just wish Huw & the rest of the board had been given the same words of wisdom.....

Firstly as others have stated whether we stay up or go down, NO blame can be dropped in Curt's lap. No this whole shambles lays at the feet of our so called "glorious board". So many on here have allowed them almost the freedom of the city. Yeah I'd agree for almost a decade they did a great job. But as a fellow poster wrote on another thread, since roughly the time dividends started being dished out, things have gradually hit the buffers... Personally I truly believe that one of Huw problems is that he involves himself TOO much on the playing side, when he should leave that to the bloke/s employed to do so. Hence one of the reasons Laudrup fell out with him and the reason he dropped GM (his yes man) into the post thereafter.
We've now sacked our last 2 managers roughly 18 months after their employment. What does that say to a possible suitor? We've gone from a club that built the reputation of a manager i.e.: RM, PS (ok most wanted rid but still got compo for him), BR. To a club that does the complete opposite...
If we survive and sadly thats a big if, I think in the Summer its not only a new manager but also a new Chairman too.
Sorry if that offends but its just the way I see it.....
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:24 - Jan 7 with 1674 viewsmorningstar

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:02 - Jan 7 by dgt73

What has happened at other clubs has no bearing at all with A C appointment.
You can't make a decision based on what's happened at other clubs.

You know what. I've re read the whole passage from Glyns post regarding Shearer right through to this, and still can't believe you have arrived, and seemingly have total faith in what you are posting. When I was working in the mental health profession, I was approached by two junior doctors one day who asked me if they could speak with one of our more 'genuinely' ill patients rather than someone who was in there as they couldn't handle their drugs. I knew exactly who the best person was they should chat with, but believe me, if you had been on the ward that day, I would have sent them straight in your direction!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Login to get fewer ads

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:26 - Jan 7 with 1641 viewsDarran

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:24 - Jan 7 by morningstar

You know what. I've re read the whole passage from Glyns post regarding Shearer right through to this, and still can't believe you have arrived, and seemingly have total faith in what you are posting. When I was working in the mental health profession, I was approached by two junior doctors one day who asked me if they could speak with one of our more 'genuinely' ill patients rather than someone who was in there as they couldn't handle their drugs. I knew exactly who the best person was they should chat with, but believe me, if you had been on the ward that day, I would have sent them straight in your direction!

Don't bother Gar.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:26 - Jan 7 with 1640 viewsQuakerJack

Corrrect

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:26 - Jan 7 with 1639 views3swan

I have thoughts about how things have panned out, but I do believe that no experienced manager, still with a career to think about, would have jumped at the job. A last position for someone coming to the end of their career maybe
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:26 - Jan 7 with 1638 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:17 - Jan 7 by lifelong

Well, with 18 games to go that remains to be seen, our last 5 performances were a huge improvement, if we can continue at that level of performance for the remainder of the season we will stay up.

With respect anything would have been an improvement on Leicester and Bournemouth.

We have definitely played better but whether that's enough for us to stay up I really don't know. We have to just hope and prey that the board haven't been utterly shocked that the transfer window opened up last week and have identified some realistic targets.

If not then we are hoping that Gomis can stick a run of goals together over the next couple of months
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:27 - Jan 7 with 1628 viewslovejuicejack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:24 - Jan 7 by UplandsJack

I recall my father once saying to me: " Son, it takes years and years to build a good reputation, but only 5 minutes to Fu@k IT UP!!!
I just wish Huw & the rest of the board had been given the same words of wisdom.....

Firstly as others have stated whether we stay up or go down, NO blame can be dropped in Curt's lap. No this whole shambles lays at the feet of our so called "glorious board". So many on here have allowed them almost the freedom of the city. Yeah I'd agree for almost a decade they did a great job. But as a fellow poster wrote on another thread, since roughly the time dividends started being dished out, things have gradually hit the buffers... Personally I truly believe that one of Huw problems is that he involves himself TOO much on the playing side, when he should leave that to the bloke/s employed to do so. Hence one of the reasons Laudrup fell out with him and the reason he dropped GM (his yes man) into the post thereafter.
We've now sacked our last 2 managers roughly 18 months after their employment. What does that say to a possible suitor? We've gone from a club that built the reputation of a manager i.e.: RM, PS (ok most wanted rid but still got compo for him), BR. To a club that does the complete opposite...
If we survive and sadly thats a big if, I think in the Summer its not only a new manager but also a new Chairman too.
Sorry if that offends but its just the way I see it.....

Hand the dividends back to the club
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:28 - Jan 7 with 1619 viewsDr_Winston

Good for the long term of the club or good for the long term of those in charge of it?

Seems pretty obvious at this point that no reputable manager would want to work in a situation where the likes of David N'Gog appear without being asked for, especially given the mess we currently find ourselves in. Who would risk their reputation for that?

Football's a small world. People talk. And I doubt the word about SCFC is particularly great at the minute.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:28 - Jan 7 with 1612 views3swan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:23 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

They said that there was nobody available who would be good in the long term for the club.

You can't seriously think that not one manager was interested in the post?

Imo rightly or wrongly very few.

I'm sure if it had been someone like Warnock then the forum would really have gone into meltdown
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:30 - Jan 7 with 1575 viewsQuakerJack

Well one thing's for sure... We can forget about getting a striker... Theyre too tight to get a manager we wont be spending anything on a forward.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:33 - Jan 7 with 1524 viewslovejuicejack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:30 - Jan 7 by QuakerJack

Well one thing's for sure... We can forget about getting a striker... Theyre too tight to get a manager we wont be spending anything on a forward.

Saving the money for the next movie and divvys
Official - Curt in for the season as manager (n/t) on 19:34 - Jan 7 with 1517 viewslovejuicejack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:30 - Jan 7 by QuakerJack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:34 - Jan 7 with 1508 viewsThurrockJack92

I cannot pretend that I am not disappointed by this but the decision has been made and we should all get behind Curt, it's going to be a tough season and he could do without getting it in the neck from some of the fans.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:36 - Jan 7 with 1483 viewsdailew

All the best Curt.

Up to the players now. Don't need anyone in January unless someone leaves. That squad is easily strong enough to stay up.

Whatever happens it's exciting times ahead.

Club legend at the helm giving it everything to keep our status in the world's biggest league. What's not to like?

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:36 - Jan 7 with 1480 viewslovejuicejack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:34 - Jan 7 by ThurrockJack92

I cannot pretend that I am not disappointed by this but the decision has been made and we should all get behind Curt, it's going to be a tough season and he could do without getting it in the neck from some of the fans.

It's the board who are going to be getting it in the neck not curt he's just helping out.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:36 - Jan 7 with 1472 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:28 - Jan 7 by 3swan

Imo rightly or wrongly very few.

I'm sure if it had been someone like Warnock then the forum would really have gone into meltdown

Surely someone like Poyet or Pearson would have been interested?

I appreciate these maybe aren't what we need long term but we'd have at least had a chance of staying up.

Can anyone honestly see us preparing for life in the Premier League next season?
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:36 - Jan 7 with 1469 viewsmonmouth

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:22 - Jan 7 by lovejuicejack

What by winning one in five, can't see it myself. We need a huge upturn in quality of play in final third. Don't kid yourself we'll be ok rog mate we are in the shit and if we don't win the next two games the writing is on the wall in afraid. Players know it, board know it.

5 points from every five games would keep us up no problem I reckon. So results so far have actually been fine with 3 away 2 home and two of those at big beasts. Life aint that simple though. Looking at past history last night from teams that have gone down with 18/19 points at this stage and they've all pretty much folded in the last 18 games, normally ending with 30-32-35 points.

So, based on that I would propose that the whole see saw may well rest on the next two home games. Maybe even the next single one. Tipping point in my eyes. After all, if we can't beat Sunderland at home, then you probably have to ask, who can we beat? And likely tailspin would follow. Going to be a biggie.

Oxford is also important I think but for different reasons. Even with a semi reserve team a defeat would add to the general gloom ,whereas a win lifts the place, even for players not playing. So I'm viewing that one through my fingers at the moment too. I'd prefer if it was Sunderland first.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:39 - Jan 7 with 1421 viewsQuakerJack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:34 - Jan 7 by ThurrockJack92

Every single fan is 100% behind Curt... Thats one of the plus points for them, they know they wont get a mutiny...

It's the board that I'm struggling with... And please nobody trott out Rushden or Petty or Hull because that's gotten tiresome.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:39 - Jan 7 with 1418 viewslovejuicejack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:36 - Jan 7 by monmouth

5 points from every five games would keep us up no problem I reckon. So results so far have actually been fine with 3 away 2 home and two of those at big beasts. Life aint that simple though. Looking at past history last night from teams that have gone down with 18/19 points at this stage and they've all pretty much folded in the last 18 games, normally ending with 30-32-35 points.

So, based on that I would propose that the whole see saw may well rest on the next two home games. Maybe even the next single one. Tipping point in my eyes. After all, if we can't beat Sunderland at home, then you probably have to ask, who can we beat? And likely tailspin would follow. Going to be a biggie.

Oxford is also important I think but for different reasons. Even with a semi reserve team a defeat would add to the general gloom ,whereas a win lifts the place, even for players not playing. So I'm viewing that one through my fingers at the moment too. I'd prefer if it was Sunderland first.

Agreed and when you also factor in bad luck and shit refs and a hard run in its a big fight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024