Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official - Curt in for the season as manager 17:58 - Jan 7 with 28327 viewsAl_Bundy

nt
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:23 - Jan 7 with 2298 viewsDarran

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:22 - Jan 7 by dgt73

Shearer didn't take over unti April and only had 8 games - nothing like the situation with Swansea and AC.

He said he'd be happy with a Shearer situation you thick prick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:24 - Jan 7 with 2295 viewsjack247

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:21 - Jan 7 by Joe_bradshaw

Will Curt appoint an assistant or are we going with what we've got? If we're not making any further appointments what the f**k did Beattie, Pep and KOL do exactly?

That's my biggest worry. We now have to sign a back room team until the end of the season. To ask him to carry on without would be asking a lot.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:24 - Jan 7 with 2289 viewsstid

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:21 - Jan 7 by blaine_scfc

Huw Jenkins interview in the SWEP pretty much admitting no one wanted to take over a team struggling and also admitted the board didn't have anyone in mind as they weren't expecting to sack Monk.

That tells me everything I need to know on how much of a c*ck up Monk has made, the bloke should never manage at this level again.

Ye suppose finishing 8th was a huge ''c*ck up''
Only people that mucked up was the board , lack of business in the summer has killed us.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:24 - Jan 7 with 2289 viewsLoyal

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:04 - Jan 7 by Darran

He's got my support but there's no denying this is an utter shambles.

Here here brother. Fck me this is going to be scandalous if we go down.

On the pitch !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:25 - Jan 7 with 2283 viewsawayjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:12 - Jan 7 by pencoedjack

Alan Curtis's black & white army.

COYS

Or for those that remember 'Alan Curtis walks on water na na na na na na na!'
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:27 - Jan 7 with 2226 viewsdeanscfc

Think we all saw this coming.. personally i don't think our hopes of staying up are great, particularly as we need some big signings in Jan and a new manager could help with that. But, i understand why the board have made the decision. Largely financial.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:28 - Jan 7 with 2204 viewslifelong

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:18 - Jan 7 by Darran

Rog there's only 20 PL managers jobs in the whole world and 4 or 5 of those jobs are out of the reach of most.
Alan will have my full support as any manager would but there's no denying there's summin not right here.

It could be that the targets focussed on were out of our reach, either financially, or status wise, but it is strange that we haven't found a replacement.
You get the feeling that some managers wouldn't be prepared to put their reputation at risk considering the position we are in.... Who knows?
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:29 - Jan 7 with 2193 viewsAnotherJohn

I would have left it until after the next two home games to make the announcement, as I think this will put extra pressure on Curt that might lead to a blip. In any event he has my support. Anything will be a gamble at this stage, and the alternatives didn't look great to me. The thing now is that we must try to support Curt in the window with at least one serious signing up front.
Login to get fewer ads

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:29 - Jan 7 with 2190 viewsmax936

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:10 - Jan 7 by shandyjack

back him 100% but p1ssed off at the shambles of how it's been handled.
The waiting till the summer line worries me, it's a risk to hope Curtis is enough to keep us up

They've waited and waited in hope and its all failed to materialise, shambles indeed.

Alan will give it everything without doubt, if it does go tits up, there's no blame to be laid at AC door that's for certain.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:30 - Jan 7 with 2147 viewsDarran

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:28 - Jan 7 by lifelong

It could be that the targets focussed on were out of our reach, either financially, or status wise, but it is strange that we haven't found a replacement.
You get the feeling that some managers wouldn't be prepared to put their reputation at risk considering the position we are in.... Who knows?

I don't believe that either we are being too tight at a critical time.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:30 - Jan 7 with 2141 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:24 - Jan 7 by stid

Only people that mucked up was the board , lack of business in the summer has killed us.

And not having a contingency

My view fwiw - no money to spend in January, no real prospect of staying up. If we do then maybe someone like Rodgers will come in although that will very much depend on what sharpe we finish the season in.

Most likely scenario is that we are anticipating appointing someone to get us out of the championship next season. My money is on that Potter fella
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:31 - Jan 7 with 2110 viewstomdickharry

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:11 - Jan 7 by perchrockjack

Biggest question why board wanted manager on short contract.

However, it's down to curt and everyone will want him to pull it off .

Hope he really does want it

Wonder why he didn't get the job in preference to Monk and why just 6 weeks ago he was only good enough to give the prematch team stats on the big screen.Answers next May please. Give him my 100% support and feel confident he can retain our PL place.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:32 - Jan 7 with 2102 viewsstid

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:30 - Jan 7 by Darran

I don't believe that either we are being too tight at a critical time.

Yes BR clearly didnt fancy it
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:32 - Jan 7 with 2101 viewsItchySphincter

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:23 - Jan 7 by Darran

Why do you bother?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:33 - Jan 7 with 2079 viewsblaine_scfc

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:24 - Jan 7 by stid

Our board are far from perfect, but there's no chance they would of sacked Monk without a contingency plan if it wasn't critical. It must have been bad and in my opinion (no itk knowledge) the players had completely turned.

Curtis has one hell of a job on his hands.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:34 - Jan 7 with 2047 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:28 - Jan 7 by lifelong

We were obviously focusing on the wrong targets then.

It's like an average bloke walking into a room of super models, chatting them up and then going home alone... Should have gone after the average girl from the pub with a few good things going for her.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:34 - Jan 7 with 2047 viewsDarran

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:32 - Jan 7 by ItchySphincter

Why do you bother?

PMSL

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:34 - Jan 7 with 2044 viewsdgt73

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:23 - Jan 7 by Darran

Shearer situation? There can't be one you stupid thick tw@t - Curtis took over in December and shearer in April.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:34 - Jan 7 with 2033 viewspencoedjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:30 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

And not having a contingency

My view fwiw - no money to spend in January, no real prospect of staying up. If we do then maybe someone like Rodgers will come in although that will very much depend on what sharpe we finish the season in.

Most likely scenario is that we are anticipating appointing someone to get us out of the championship next season. My money is on that Potter fella

Nothing like a bit of positivity fella
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:35 - Jan 7 with 2024 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:33 - Jan 7 by blaine_scfc

Our board are far from perfect, but there's no chance they would of sacked Monk without a contingency plan if it wasn't critical. It must have been bad and in my opinion (no itk knowledge) the players had completely turned.

Curtis has one hell of a job on his hands.

monk was a basket case

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:35 - Jan 7 with 2010 viewslondonlisa2001

I'll start off by saying that in my view, there is no one at the Swans now or at any time since I have been watching us (1977 ish) that I love more than I love Curtis (I would include Robbie as on a par). A genuine club legend, a true gentleman and none of our current crop of players are fit to lace his boots in terms of ability and sheer class on the pitch (I am tempted to say off the pitch as well, but that is unfair on the current crop as I have not met many of them so can't comment).

I also believe that he will give absolutely everything that he has to try to keep us up as he loves this club as much as any of us could ever do and he will have my absolute support whatever the outcome.

BUT - what a complete shambles this process has been. The seeming inability of the board to identify what was staring everyone in the face for weeks beforehand, namely that Monk would end up being sacked and would need replacing is just unbelievable.

The jaunt to South America was similarly unbelievable (I commented at the time that everything could be done remotely and they should only be going over in person if there was a real possibility of one of the candidates, whether Bielsa or anyone else joining us and was roundly mocked for it - well this is what happens when you bugger off on a wild goose chase without knowing that you are all on at least the same page to start with).

Stupid tweets from the board before anything is settled, endless delays in actually confirming Curt in the job, leaking out the story to 'soften the impact' rather than actually have the courage to announce it properly (if you're convinced this is the right thing to do, then put yourself on the record and say it, clearly and without hesitation, not dribble it out).

We don't seem to be commenting on the fact that we lost 3 or 4 members of the coaching team - well who is replacing them? Or alternatively, who is replacing the work done by the people that are now the 'first team coaching staff' and were previously looking at the academy etc?

Let's all pray that at the end of this season, there have been three clubs in a worse state than us. But if we get to the summer and have wonderfully and blissfully stayed up, I truly hope that the 'good look at the position of the club' at that time includes off the field as well as on the field. Because the past 18 months or so have seen people taking their eye off the ball in my view as they concentrated instead on more personal issues - and, no, I am not referring to stupid rumours that are almost certainly complete nonsense, but making films, and travelling here, there and everywhere to 'sell' it, trying to sell shares to 'investors', not sorting out expansion, coming up with 'clever' deals to bring in players that are frankly not worth a tenth of what they are apparently earning, and behaving with a general level of hubris that was unwarranted.

Perhaps if we emerge from this episode with our status in the PL intact, then we can breathe a sigh of relief and stop believing our own hype. If we don't, then from the position we were in 18 months ago that is sheer negligence.

But that is all for another day now - come on you Swans and Alan Curtis - whatever happens, you are a complete hero.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:36 - Jan 7 with 1981 viewsDarran

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:34 - Jan 7 by dgt73

Shearer situation? There can't be one you stupid thick tw@t - Curtis took over in December and shearer in April.

Yeah there can Shearer took them down and Curt could take us down.
Both club legends both getting their beloved clubs relegated.
Similar situations you thick prick.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:36 - Jan 7 with 1981 viewsItchySphincter

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:34 - Jan 7 by dgt73

Club legend taking them down. No chance of similarities then?

Dumbo.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:36 - Jan 7 with 1977 viewsblaine_scfc

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:35 - Jan 7 by londonlisa2001

I'll start off by saying that in my view, there is no one at the Swans now or at any time since I have been watching us (1977 ish) that I love more than I love Curtis (I would include Robbie as on a par). A genuine club legend, a true gentleman and none of our current crop of players are fit to lace his boots in terms of ability and sheer class on the pitch (I am tempted to say off the pitch as well, but that is unfair on the current crop as I have not met many of them so can't comment).

I also believe that he will give absolutely everything that he has to try to keep us up as he loves this club as much as any of us could ever do and he will have my absolute support whatever the outcome.

BUT - what a complete shambles this process has been. The seeming inability of the board to identify what was staring everyone in the face for weeks beforehand, namely that Monk would end up being sacked and would need replacing is just unbelievable.

The jaunt to South America was similarly unbelievable (I commented at the time that everything could be done remotely and they should only be going over in person if there was a real possibility of one of the candidates, whether Bielsa or anyone else joining us and was roundly mocked for it - well this is what happens when you bugger off on a wild goose chase without knowing that you are all on at least the same page to start with).

Stupid tweets from the board before anything is settled, endless delays in actually confirming Curt in the job, leaking out the story to 'soften the impact' rather than actually have the courage to announce it properly (if you're convinced this is the right thing to do, then put yourself on the record and say it, clearly and without hesitation, not dribble it out).

We don't seem to be commenting on the fact that we lost 3 or 4 members of the coaching team - well who is replacing them? Or alternatively, who is replacing the work done by the people that are now the 'first team coaching staff' and were previously looking at the academy etc?

Let's all pray that at the end of this season, there have been three clubs in a worse state than us. But if we get to the summer and have wonderfully and blissfully stayed up, I truly hope that the 'good look at the position of the club' at that time includes off the field as well as on the field. Because the past 18 months or so have seen people taking their eye off the ball in my view as they concentrated instead on more personal issues - and, no, I am not referring to stupid rumours that are almost certainly complete nonsense, but making films, and travelling here, there and everywhere to 'sell' it, trying to sell shares to 'investors', not sorting out expansion, coming up with 'clever' deals to bring in players that are frankly not worth a tenth of what they are apparently earning, and behaving with a general level of hubris that was unwarranted.

Perhaps if we emerge from this episode with our status in the PL intact, then we can breathe a sigh of relief and stop believing our own hype. If we don't, then from the position we were in 18 months ago that is sheer negligence.

But that is all for another day now - come on you Swans and Alan Curtis - whatever happens, you are a complete hero.

Top post!

[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 20:34]
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:38 - Jan 7 with 1946 viewsJackanapes

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:34 - Jan 7 by pencoedjack

Nothing like a bit of positivity fella

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024