Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons 18:33 - Jan 23 with 14619 viewsDICKIETAPISAJACK

Whilst we are a small fish in a big pond, (so are Bournemouth) next season the TV money goes through the roof & to a club like ours it will be like winning the lottery. It is imperative that we stay up. I don't think anyone can deny that if we had a guy that cud guarantee you 15 goals a season, we would pull clear of the dreaded drop. Yet our board turned down the opportunity to sign Naismith & Austin, as it has already been pointed out on this site, both scored today. We are ALWAYS taking the cheap option, whilst I have fully supported the conservative approach towards transfer fees in the past, risking relegation because you don't want to spend the fees that both Naismith & Austin went for is cutting your nose off to spite your face. It's greedy & stupidity by the board. The less the club spends, the more profit it makes and therefore the more dividends the directors can pay themselves. We are always doing things on the cheap, we appointed Mok cos he was cheap, we delayed sacking him to avoid paying up his contract, we placed a magnificent servant like Alan Curtis in an impossible position, because they wanted to avoid appointing a full time manager, who we would have to buy out his contract of his current club. & now we risk it all by playing Russian roulette with our premier league future. No wonder Jenkins has been bankrupt so often, he has bounced more times then Zebedee! They need to wake up, smell the coffee, & realise that they have to speculate to accumulate, just thus once. De Guzman & Sinclair is just going backwards, & will not solve the goalscoring problem. If we go down, how many of you will think we will comeback, honestly, with all bias aside? This is the one time they need to flash the cash. How much dividends do they think they can pay themselves in the championship with a half empty stadium? Tight fisted & short sighted morons

Happy Days :-)

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:35 - Jan 23 with 8421 viewsPhil_S

And breathe

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:35 - Jan 23 with 8413 viewsveng9

Austin made it very clear he wasn't going to sign for a team battling relegation.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:42 - Jan 23 with 8350 viewsPozuelosSideys

Uhhh yet another clueless dullard spamming this site with their dross - there are umpteen other threads about this.

The board this, the board that. You really think the club arent spending as it means theyll reap more in dividends? Are you really so thick you think theyll do that and risk their £30m stake EACH floating down the pan in order to scrimp a few extra quid? Thick as fhuck.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:48 - Jan 23 with 8303 viewsDICKIETAPISAJACK

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:35 - Jan 23 by Phil_S

And breathe

I'm using a tablet smart arse. If we go down, its not Monks fault, its not Curtis' fault & it won't be guidolin either, it will be bad management by the board. FACT.

Happy Days :-)

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:51 - Jan 23 with 8268 viewsPhil_S

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:48 - Jan 23 by DICKIETAPISAJACK

I'm using a tablet smart arse. If we go down, its not Monks fault, its not Curtis' fault & it won't be guidolin either, it will be bad management by the board. FACT.

Does your tablet not have a return key?

If we go down it will be a collective effort of blame. Same as it is collective effort when we do well

Or was our success all down to the board and not the management or players?

Note that was done without the abuse too
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:51 - Jan 23 with 8262 viewsWhiterockin

If going down means we loose tw@ts like you possibly it won't be all that bad.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:52 - Jan 23 with 8253 viewsMoscowJack

Using a tablet? I'd suggest taking some tablets and a deep breath.

I was knackered reading your post and I only read the first three lines.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:52 - Jan 23 with 8251 viewslifelong

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:48 - Jan 23 by DICKIETAPISAJACK

Who's fault will it be if we stay up?
Login to get fewer ads

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:54 - Jan 23 with 8227 viewsUplandsJack

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:35 - Jan 23 by veng9

Austin made it very clear he wasn't going to sign for a team battling relegation.

Sadly this....
But to be fair to the OP I think he raises good points...
This board have without doubt in the past done a great job, but let's all be honest, for the last 2 years their judgment/decision making has been poor, very poor!
I also think most of us are surprised at how little money the club seems to have. So I ask the question who gave the green light to waste the alleged £2 million to make the fairytale or should I say "for sale" advert that was JTAK???
That could have paid a players wage for almost a year!!!
The majority of fans who blindly support this board need to wake up before its too late.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:55 - Jan 23 with 8206 viewsmorningstar

We were right to sack Mok, they should be nowhere near our club. But I will miss the blond with the big t*ts!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:57 - Jan 23 with 8190 viewsClinton

'we are always taking the cheap option'

Thats because we havent got a rich benefactor shelling out from their own pockets like most of the other clubs.
The board, who own the club, have more to lose than anyone should we be relegated. Jenkins loses his 'staying up' bonus for one. They all lose a severe devaluation of their shares.

They also realise that we cant go 'all in' on ageing forwards because
1) if we go down you have Austin on the books for 4 years at 100 grand a week which eats into the parachute funds big time.
2) If we stay up, you have Austin on the books for 4 years at 100 grand a week and a with a bad knee. When he breaks down, you cant afford another decent striker and you are back to square one not being able to score goals.. Even with the new telly money, thats a hell of an overhead.

The board may be tight-fisted, but I suggest they are not the short-sighted ones here.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 19:02 - Jan 23 with 8143 viewsClinton

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:54 - Jan 23 by UplandsJack

Sadly this....
But to be fair to the OP I think he raises good points...
This board have without doubt in the past done a great job, but let's all be honest, for the last 2 years their judgment/decision making has been poor, very poor!
I also think most of us are surprised at how little money the club seems to have. So I ask the question who gave the green light to waste the alleged £2 million to make the fairytale or should I say "for sale" advert that was JTAK???
That could have paid a players wage for almost a year!!!
The majority of fans who blindly support this board need to wake up before its too late.

They have probably realised where the priorities lie by now. Lets hope its not too late. If it dont kill us, this season will do us good. It will show the board they need to keep their eye on the ball.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 19:28 - Jan 23 with 8029 viewsAngelRangelQS

I love the idea of the tv money being like winning the lottery.

It's like winning the lottery but the price of everything you ever want to buy going up accordingly. If you won the lottery tonight, a nice 4 bedroom house will cost the same tomorrow as it did yesterday. The wages of an average premier league striker next season won't be the same as they were this season
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 19:31 - Jan 23 with 8003 viewswaynekerr55

Did Perchie sell you his? Ask for a refund, mun 😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 19:40 - Jan 23 with 7932 viewsTreforys_Jack

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:57 - Jan 23 by Clinton

'we are always taking the cheap option'

Thats because we havent got a rich benefactor shelling out from their own pockets like most of the other clubs.
The board, who own the club, have more to lose than anyone should we be relegated. Jenkins loses his 'staying up' bonus for one. They all lose a severe devaluation of their shares.

They also realise that we cant go 'all in' on ageing forwards because
1) if we go down you have Austin on the books for 4 years at 100 grand a week which eats into the parachute funds big time.
2) If we stay up, you have Austin on the books for 4 years at 100 grand a week and a with a bad knee. When he breaks down, you cant afford another decent striker and you are back to square one not being able to score goals.. Even with the new telly money, thats a hell of an overhead.

The board may be tight-fisted, but I suggest they are not the short-sighted ones here.

Brilliant post
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 19:41 - Jan 23 with 7911 viewsTreforys_Jack

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 19:28 - Jan 23 by AngelRangelQS

I love the idea of the tv money being like winning the lottery.

It's like winning the lottery but the price of everything you ever want to buy going up accordingly. If you won the lottery tonight, a nice 4 bedroom house will cost the same tomorrow as it did yesterday. The wages of an average premier league striker next season won't be the same as they were this season

A fact many are missing. Extra money will be swallowed by extra wages and agents fees.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 19:44 - Jan 23 with 7899 viewsBorojack

Naysmith is not a striker

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 19:57 - Jan 23 with 7841 viewsBloodyhills

I think they probably hung on to Gary Monk longer than they should have done because he was a club stalwart, they like him and they really wanted him to succeed.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 20:01 - Jan 23 with 7828 viewsLoyal

The equity of the mind can be changed --------> by equity.
The mind can be broadened by many things. Even on here.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 20:02 - Jan 23 with 7805 viewsLoyal

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 19:44 - Jan 23 by Borojack

Naysmith is not a striker

A play on words.

Ala Michu.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 20:20 - Jan 23 with 7744 viewsDyfnant

Two options,
1) go big into debt in an attempt to stay up, if it fails we'll be using the kids in the championship
2) rely mainly on our current squad, if it fails we can afford to keep some of our 1st team next season.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 20:31 - Jan 23 with 7673 viewsperchrockjack

Or 3.

Source and seal a move to our club of a proven goal scorer

One who can ensure we stay at the highest level, then all the contentious issues flow away.

It's been obvious what we be needed for many months BUT it's heresy to opine we might have been dilatory in our search or simply naive.

The talk of championship and how some will still be fans is clear evidence of accepting failure.

Fans like these are the real morons.

Are these those who sit silent at home games afraid or unable to open their mouths apart from stuffing food into them.

We need people on their feet, noisy, awkward, argumentative ,passionate and stubborn believing we really do deserve to be where we are and not there to be a musical turn.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 20:33 - Jan 23 with 7658 viewsPhil_S

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 20:31 - Jan 23 by perchrockjack

Or 3.

One who can ensure we stay at the highest level, then all the contentious issues flow away.

It's been obvious what we be needed for many months BUT it's heresy to opine we might have been dilatory in our search or simply naive.

The talk of championship and how some will still be fans is clear evidence of accepting failure.

Are these those who sit silent at home games afraid or unable to open their mouths apart from stuffing food into them.

We need people on their feet, noisy, awkward, argumentative ,passionate and stubborn believing we really do deserve to be where we are and not there to be a musical turn.

Actually just not worth it

This post has been edited by an administrator
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 20:42 - Jan 23 with 7620 viewsplasjack

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 20:20 - Jan 23 by Dyfnant

Two options,
1) go big into debt in an attempt to stay up, if it fails we'll be using the kids in the championship
2) rely mainly on our current squad, if it fails we can afford to keep some of our 1st team next season.

Thats all very well but we have an ageing squad, for example Gomis, Rangel Routledge etc
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 20:45 - Jan 23 with 7606 viewsMattG

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 20:31 - Jan 23 by perchrockjack

Or 3.

I would love to see a top quality striker join us this month. but there is no player, proven goalscorer or otherwise, who can ENSURE we stay in the PL. Not one.

The ones most likely to achieve that will (a) cost a packet, (b) prefer to join a club not in a relegation battle and (c) probably not be interested in having relegation clauses in their contracts.

We could bet the farm on one of these and end up going down anyway. Where then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024