Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group 23:50 - Jun 9 with 9341 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This is kind of out of nowhere, but interesting nonetheless.

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016/06/09/landon-donovan-swansea-city-ownership

Landon is the all time leader in scoring for the national team with 57 goals (although Texan Clint Dempsey with 50 will probably catch him).

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 00:00 - Jun 10 with 5384 viewsDaithejack

"Football adviser" looks like Huw got competition for his director of football role!
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 0:04]

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 00:02 - Jun 10 with 5370 viewsBanosswan

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 00:00 - Jun 10 by Daithejack

"Football adviser" looks like Huw got competition for his director of football role!

Grrrr
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 0:07]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 00:05 - Jun 10 with 5348 viewsTummer_from_Texas

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 00:00 - Jun 10 by Daithejack

Doesn't say or even hint that at all. This is a little nice publicity for the brand over here though.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 00:10 - Jun 10 with 5326 viewsBanosswan

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 00:05 - Jun 10 by Tummer_from_Texas

Doesn't say or even hint that at all. This is a little nice publicity for the brand over here though.

This article inplies that he may be a minor shareholder, which is a load of bollocks
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 0:10]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 00:11 - Jun 10 with 5318 viewsDaithejack

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 00:05 - Jun 10 by Tummer_from_Texas

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/swansea-city/story/2889418/landon-donovan-set-to-become-
Sorry, worded slightly differently in this piece.

"Sources say Donovan will become an adviser to Kaplan and Levien on soccer decision-making as well as the club's commercial matters as part of the arrangement, which represents his first post-playing foray into management."

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 00:36 - Jun 10 with 5249 viewsyescomeon

Seems like good news, pretty big name to have associated with the swans.

Upthecity!

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 01:14 - Jun 10 with 5205 viewsnyc_swans

wow.

best american player ever. will certainly drive some interest to the team. seems like a pretty decent person too.
USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 02:55 - Jun 10 with 5127 viewsTim_Harry

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 01:14 - Jun 10 by nyc_swans

wow.

best american player ever. will certainly drive some interest to the team. seems like a pretty decent person too.

Slight change of subject....

Where would you say is the best place in NY to watch the Wales - England game?

First time in America and I could do with all the best advice possible.

Thanks.
Login to get fewer ads

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 03:13 - Jun 10 with 5109 viewsnyc_swans

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 02:55 - Jun 10 by Tim_Harry

Slight change of subject....

Where would you say is the best place in NY to watch the Wales - England game?

First time in America and I could do with all the best advice possible.

Thanks.

in which part of the city will you be staying?

if in midtown/time square area, go to Football Factory. let me know if you have any other questions.
USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 03:21 - Jun 10 with 5090 viewsTim_Harry

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 03:13 - Jun 10 by nyc_swans

in which part of the city will you be staying?

if in midtown/time square area, go to Football Factory. let me know if you have any other questions.

Times Square, 8th Avenue. Sounds like Football Factory is a winning idea.

Although my fellow Jack friend, who I'm meeting out there, wants to go to a bar called Legends.

Any bar that I can be as loud and drunk as possible is good with me!

Although I'm 41 so I'm not that bad really! :)
USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 03:50 - Jun 10 with 5063 viewsnyc_swans

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 03:21 - Jun 10 by Tim_Harry

Times Square, 8th Avenue. Sounds like Football Factory is a winning idea.

Although my fellow Jack friend, who I'm meeting out there, wants to go to a bar called Legends.

Any bar that I can be as loud and drunk as possible is good with me!

Although I'm 41 so I'm not that bad really! :)

well, Legends is the same thing as Football Factory. they're part of the same bar. enjoy. NYC is a wonderful place.
USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 04:42 - Jun 10 with 5038 viewsJoeSoccerFan

This only gets worse.

Donovan was a very talented American player. But, he's a self-centered egotistical, whiny little bitch. What makes him qualified to advise on any soccer discussion regarding the premier league. Sure, he played internationally and in the Premier League (on loan to Everton) and German league (BL). But, he didn't fight for his position - instead returning to the US. He prefers to be a big fish in a small pond. I question his "determination" and his .

Does Huw really need "help"? Great, more people putting input for decisions.
USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 05:13 - Jun 10 with 5014 viewsglobus10

Football factory every time ,watched this years Arsenal win there... Fantastic
Donovan... Don't know what to make of that, but I doubt he would want his name associated with any sharks...could be good
USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 06:30 - Jun 10 with 4912 viewsdobjack2

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 04:42 - Jun 10 by JoeSoccerFan

This only gets worse.

Donovan was a very talented American player. But, he's a self-centered egotistical, whiny little bitch. What makes him qualified to advise on any soccer discussion regarding the premier league. Sure, he played internationally and in the Premier League (on loan to Everton) and German league (BL). But, he didn't fight for his position - instead returning to the US. He prefers to be a big fish in a small pond. I question his "determination" and his .

Does Huw really need "help"? Great, more people putting input for decisions.

If true this could create a problem if he is parachuted into a role between Jenkins and guidolin such as director of football.
USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 06:35 - Jun 10 with 4897 viewsjack247

Possibly just a figurehead to raise our profile in the States?
USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 07:15 - Jun 10 with 4803 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sounds good to me.

A football advisor who actually played football. Whatever next?
USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 08:08 - Jun 10 with 4640 viewsLoyal

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 06:30 - Jun 10 by dobjack2

If true this could create a problem if he is parachuted into a role between Jenkins and guidolin such as director of football.

Was always going to be an issue, the egos of many clashing in a detrimental way affecting the club.

Seems the new owners are instigating the removal of the local folk already.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 08:15 - Jun 10 with 4611 viewsDr_Winston

Someone who knows the difference between a good player and Marvin Emnes might come in handy for Huw.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 08:23 - Jun 10 with 4582 viewsmonmouth

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 08:08 - Jun 10 by Loyal

Was always going to be an issue, the egos of many clashing in a detrimental way affecting the club.

Seems the new owners are instigating the removal of the local folk already.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 08:36 - Jun 10 with 4528 viewsNookiejack

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016/06/09/landon-donovan-swansea-city-ownership

Interesting that Sports Illustrated are reporting that the Trust is going to retain its shares.

'Levein and Kaplan are leading an investment group that now controls a 60% stake of the club, which is currently valued at around $145 million. The rest of the shares will be retain by the Swansea City Supporters’ Trust and a number of part owners, likely where Donovan fits into the puzzle.'

Just seems that Trust has already made the decision then?
USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 08:42 - Jun 10 with 4496 viewsSwansNZ

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 08:36 - Jun 10 by Nookiejack

Interesting that Sports Illustrated are reporting that the Trust is going to retain its shares.

'Levein and Kaplan are leading an investment group that now controls a 60% stake of the club, which is currently valued at around $145 million. The rest of the shares will be retain by the Swansea City Supporters’ Trust and a number of part owners, likely where Donovan fits into the puzzle.'

Have I missed something, made the decision about what?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 08:57 - Jun 10 with 4448 viewsblueytheblue

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 08:36 - Jun 10 by Nookiejack

Or it's Sports Illustrated printing what the Americans told them...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 09:07 - Jun 10 with 4412 viewsClinton

Depends what his real role is going to be, if he's going to be telling Huw what to do on behalf of the new owners, it will end in tears.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 09:11 - Jun 10 with 4389 viewsClinton

Also, he could do with a shave.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

USA legend Landon Donovan joins Swans ownership group on 09:22 - Jun 10 with 4347 viewsjasper_T

When has it been suggested that the trust wouldn't be retaining their shares? No one has approached them to buy afaik.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024