Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradford thread: Morley starts! 14:23 - Nov 12 with 10068 viewsdingdangblue

Lillis,Raff,Canavan,Keane,Bunney,Cannon,Camps,Morley,
NML,Davies,Thompson.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2016 14:24]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 16:43 - Nov 12 with 3574 viewsfitzochris

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 16:41 - Nov 12 by 1mark1

Thanks for that clarification.

It's annoying if they're right, what with us travelling to an in-form team when already under strength.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 17:04 - Nov 12 with 3375 viewshowy10

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 16:18 - Nov 12 by 442Dale

Canavan was a red card waiting to happen. Apparently the same ref who sent him off at Bristol R.

Really poor decision making. Can't believe he was applauded off either.

Canavan. Clumsy liability. We need to take a serious look at our defensive capabilities.
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:06 - Nov 12 with 3368 viewshowy10

Canavan was a red card waiting to happen. Apparently the same ref who sent him off at Bristol R.

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 17:15 - Nov 12 with 3296 viewsShun

Well that was a bit of a disaster. Highly frustrating as we were the better side for the first 40 minutes. We fell to pieces after that though and our back 4 in all its various forms was terrible. Well done to Bradford for dismissing us with ruthless efficiency. I actually heard a lot of Bradford fans being very complimentary about us after the game, more than I would've expected after a 4-0 game. It was a freak result but one that was entirely possible with our long list of current absentees.

Positives:
The firefly impersonation the crowd did in the second half was bizarre but quite nice.
Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 17:32 - Nov 12 with 3190 views1mark1

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 17:15 - Nov 12 by Shun

Well that was a bit of a disaster. Highly frustrating as we were the better side for the first 40 minutes. We fell to pieces after that though and our back 4 in all its various forms was terrible. Well done to Bradford for dismissing us with ruthless efficiency. I actually heard a lot of Bradford fans being very complimentary about us after the game, more than I would've expected after a 4-0 game. It was a freak result but one that was entirely possible with our long list of current absentees.

Positives:
The firefly impersonation the crowd did in the second half was bizarre but quite nice.

Thanks for the mini report. Was there anything for young Joshua?
[Post edited 12 Nov 2016 17:59]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 17:42 - Nov 12 with 3108 views442Dale

Canavan needs an extended break now. His defending aside from the sending offs hasn't been good enough anyway. Even Keane is looking less effective when it comes to defending inside the box, his overall reading of the game is still good but we've looked panicky in our own penalty area again.

At the moment we are going through natural cycles at the back: McGahey started the season well then lost his place after a couple of shaky displays. Canavan played himself into form and now looks poor (the goals at Coventry and Maidstone for example). I'm not sure what our best back four is now, but would try McGahey and McNulty in the centre again as both were good against Fleetwood in our first win and haven't played in the league together again since I don't think.

This would allow Keane to go back into marshalling things in front of the back four, also eliminating the need for him to defend as much in his own box. He's been excellent at CH, but isn't right now, so try something new. With a small squad, we have to.

For anyone who thought Calvin's ban was worthy of a song, it's worth considering the pressure he's put on his team because of his prolonged absence. Now we've seen the contents of the FA report, how long before we hear from the player? Hopefully what he says will ensure we don't make light of his actions as supporters, because not having him available is costing us.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 17:54 - Nov 12 with 3029 viewsD_Dale

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 16:43 - Nov 12 by fitzochris

It's annoying if they're right, what with us travelling to an in-form team when already under strength.

In fact, Dale's recent form was better: 18 points from their last 8 league games, 15 points for Bradford from their last 8 (plus cup defeats by Accrington and Morecambe).

But injuries, sickness and Lund's call-up have meant that Hill more or less had the team chosen for him by the circumstances. Even so, some reports from those at the match suggest Dale played well until that first goal.

Lund should be back for Maidstone's visit, and I suppose McGahey and McNulty will be the central defenders .
Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 18:03 - Nov 12 with 2955 viewsDaley_Lama

Canavan's first yellow was slightly unlucky.

Their lad had been fouled 3 times already before Canavan brought him down, the ref for me gave him the yellow for others accumilative fouls.

40 mins we were fine, coping well and having moments ourselves.

I'd rather not remember the last 50.

Well done Bradford, owed us one and more than delivered.

Good looking team that plays football finally, it's only taken them a decade or so to get there.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 18:03 - Nov 12 with 2951 viewsrichfoad32

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 17:42 - Nov 12 by 442Dale

Canavan needs an extended break now. His defending aside from the sending offs hasn't been good enough anyway. Even Keane is looking less effective when it comes to defending inside the box, his overall reading of the game is still good but we've looked panicky in our own penalty area again.

At the moment we are going through natural cycles at the back: McGahey started the season well then lost his place after a couple of shaky displays. Canavan played himself into form and now looks poor (the goals at Coventry and Maidstone for example). I'm not sure what our best back four is now, but would try McGahey and McNulty in the centre again as both were good against Fleetwood in our first win and haven't played in the league together again since I don't think.

This would allow Keane to go back into marshalling things in front of the back four, also eliminating the need for him to defend as much in his own box. He's been excellent at CH, but isn't right now, so try something new. With a small squad, we have to.

For anyone who thought Calvin's ban was worthy of a song, it's worth considering the pressure he's put on his team because of his prolonged absence. Now we've seen the contents of the FA report, how long before we hear from the player? Hopefully what he says will ensure we don't make light of his actions as supporters, because not having him available is costing us.

I actually thought Keane was decent today up against the much bigger Hanson, would agree that Canavan won't be a big miss at the moment though. For me the disparity in the talent the two teams had available today was summed up by the two wingers-they had Mark Marshall who gave Joe Bunney a torrid time, got Canavan his first booking when he had to be hauled down at the end of a mazy run and scored a sweet free kick.....We had Joe Thompson, who erm, chased the ball around like an eager puppy and occasionally got somewhere in the vicinity of it.

Anyone else think we should have had a penalty at the end when Mendez was balked in the box? Admittedly the result was a foregone conclusion by then but I thought it was a decent shout.
Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 18:06 - Nov 12 with 2920 views442Dale

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 18:03 - Nov 12 by Daley_Lama

Canavan's first yellow was slightly unlucky.

Their lad had been fouled 3 times already before Canavan brought him down, the ref for me gave him the yellow for others accumilative fouls.

40 mins we were fine, coping well and having moments ourselves.

I'd rather not remember the last 50.

Well done Bradford, owed us one and more than delivered.

Good looking team that plays football finally, it's only taken them a decade or so to get there.

His first was the most yellow of yellow cards.

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 18:19 - Nov 12 with 2817 viewsSandyman

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 18:06 - Nov 12 by 442Dale

His first was the most yellow of yellow cards.

This yellow:

or this yellow

or this yellow
Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 18:21 - Nov 12 with 2797 views442Dale

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 18:19 - Nov 12 by Sandyman

This yellow:

or this yellow

or this yellow

Great minds and all that!

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 18:35 - Nov 12 with 2703 viewsSaxonDale

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 17:42 - Nov 12 by 442Dale

I agree that Canavan's suspension is almost a blessing in disguise for the club but I don't think we need to make knee-jerk wholesale changes. Keane has been a revelation since the Bolton game (he was very poor as a defensive midfielder first half against Millwall) and I can't see how long term a centre back pairing of McGahey and McNulty would be more effective than one of those two playing alongside Keane. 95% of a centre back's job is done outside his own area and I think Keane benefits from having the extra split second time to read the game which playing 10 yards deeper as a centre half allows you. I also think Keane's passing is much better from a centre back position than a defensive midfield one where he has more pressure on him. Keane playing defensive midfield would also mean we couldn't be as flexible with our formation throughout games as we have been lately, I can't imagine Keane thriving in a central 2 for example.

He's had a tough test today, and you won't get many better strikers at this level than Hanson, but I still feel as a centre back he's as good as anything we've had since Dawson left, O'Connell included.
Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 19:03 - Nov 12 with 2532 viewsPotterDale

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 17:32 - Nov 12 by 1mark1

Thanks for the mini report. Was there anything for young Joshua?
[Post edited 12 Nov 2016 17:59]

Yes Mark they were awesome, they sung his name before the match, during the 5th minute and 55th minute applause. I'll be showing him the video of it that I was able to get when I visit tomorrow.
Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 19:20 - Nov 12 with 2434 viewsfitzochris

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 17:54 - Nov 12 by D_Dale

In fact, Dale's recent form was better: 18 points from their last 8 league games, 15 points for Bradford from their last 8 (plus cup defeats by Accrington and Morecambe).

But injuries, sickness and Lund's call-up have meant that Hill more or less had the team chosen for him by the circumstances. Even so, some reports from those at the match suggest Dale played well until that first goal.

Lund should be back for Maidstone's visit, and I suppose McGahey and McNulty will be the central defenders .

Our form is irrelevant to the point I was making.

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 19:28 - Nov 12 with 2325 views1mark1

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 19:03 - Nov 12 by PotterDale

Yes Mark they were awesome, they sung his name before the match, during the 5th minute and 55th minute applause. I'll be showing him the video of it that I was able to get when I visit tomorrow.

Was that Bradford fans as well?

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 19:45 - Nov 12 with 2228 viewsdingdangblue

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 17:54 - Nov 12 by D_Dale

Lund is still with N.Ire for the Maidstone replay - they play Croatia.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 19:54 - Nov 12 with 2168 viewsdale4ever

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 19:28 - Nov 12 by 1mark1

Was that Bradford fans as well?

No, just Dale fans.
Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 20:01 - Nov 12 with 2121 viewsfirgrovedale51

He was applauded because he is a Rochdale player and it is what we call support.
Have you ever thought of changing the habit of a lifetime and saying something good about Dale
Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 20:08 - Nov 12 with 2083 viewsrich_dale

Think Mcnulty deserves a run now. He may not be a great LB but always thought he was a good CB alongside the right partner. With Lancashire it always looked like he was covering for him but with Keane you'd have two organised leaders back there.
Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 20:14 - Nov 12 with 2043 viewsfitzochris

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 20:01 - Nov 12 by firgrovedale51

He was applauded because he is a Rochdale player and it is what we call support.
Have you ever thought of changing the habit of a lifetime and saying something good about Dale

I would rather read objectivity than sycophancy on here. Doesn't mean anyone is less of a supporter.

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 20:15 - Nov 12 with 2039 views1mark1

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 19:54 - Nov 12 by dale4ever

No, just Dale fans.

Cheers for that. Well done to all.

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 20:19 - Nov 12 with 2014 views442Dale

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 20:01 - Nov 12 by firgrovedale51

There are plenty of examples of when I say good things about Dale. Indeed it's in the posts in this thread.

For example, I thought Morley was very promising, and for a good 30-40 minutes we were playing very well. Don't think any criticism made is over the top or unfair, and I respect others have the right to illustrate their support however they see fit. It's just that on this occasion I don't believe his decision making warranted it; the decision making being something Keith Hill also commented on.

Summing up, we played well for over a third of today's game, the youngsters in midfield are a real plus. Defensively we were poor and the sending off contributed to a heavy defeat.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2016 20:45]

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 20:24 - Nov 12 with 1972 viewsseasidedale

chances are the CB pairing on tuesday will be Mcnulty and harrison Mc as Canavan will be suspeded and Keane cuptied
Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 21:23 - Nov 12 with 1750 viewsfirgrovedale51

Bradford thread: Morley starts! on 20:19 - Nov 12 by 442Dale

There are plenty of examples of when I say good things about Dale. Indeed it's in the posts in this thread.

For example, I thought Morley was very promising, and for a good 30-40 minutes we were playing very well. Don't think any criticism made is over the top or unfair, and I respect others have the right to illustrate their support however they see fit. It's just that on this occasion I don't believe his decision making warranted it; the decision making being something Keith Hill also commented on.

Summing up, we played well for over a third of today's game, the youngsters in midfield are a real plus. Defensively we were poor and the sending off contributed to a heavy defeat.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2016 20:45]

Agreed about the young midfield Camps and Cannon run their socks off .
Maybe Canavans decision making was not at its best but he is still a Dale played and as such should be supported (in my eyes)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024