Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Currently over in New York 02:16 - Dec 20 with 10091 viewsmarchamjack

And fair to say, if our owners were hoping that Bradley would ignite some Stateside interest, then I've seen zero evidence of it so far.

Watched NBC Sports and ESPN PL highlights programmes and aside from showing the goals in our game, no mention of Bob. Bit like watching MOTD really, we were on last I think and no special mention of our Bob.

The US still totally obsessed by American football in particular. We and Bob seem the non-entities we no doubt are to 99% of the sport watching population.

Did read a piece in USA Today (I think it was) which blamed Bob's poor showing on the fact we don't like him cos he's American and speaks like an American...glossed over fact he's been sht funnily enough.

Anyway, still waiting for someone to ask me over here what I think of Bob? Will make sure not to mention he's sht cos he's American...

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Currently over in New York on 02:31 - Dec 20 with 6120 viewsDJack

Would like to say FERDY on the American accent post but that would be unfair...he's just shit isn't he!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Currently over in New York on 05:09 - Dec 20 with 6026 viewsswanmageddon

Well I live in New York and.... well yeah, what were you expecting.

The soccer community here consists of your common casual Madrid/Barca/Arsenal/Chelsea/MU fans, immigrants who love their teams/leagues back home, hipsters who like the EPL a bit too much, and a combination of those who follow MLS.

Maybe you are looking in the wrong place, the tiny American soccer community online is all over this. The biggest giveaway that Bradley HAS had some kind of impact is the fact that most American soccer fans talk about the Swans during the weekend (solely online, since it's still an incredibly underground sport), and more importantly that the TV coverage seems to feature Swansea each weekend.. which certainly wasn't the case before Bob. IIRC something like Swansea's last 4 (or 3 of 4, at least) matches were on easy to find cable channels, which wasn't happening before.

In summary: you people talking about American influences making decisions solely based off gaining American costumers....... are so ridiculously off the mark, but that seems to be a theme with you Brits isn't it, saying ludicrous things in that echo chamber of yours.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2016 5:12]
Currently over in New York on 05:27 - Dec 20 with 5988 viewsJackfath

Currently over in New York on 05:09 - Dec 20 by swanmageddon

The soccer community here consists of your common casual Madrid/Barca/Arsenal/Chelsea/MU fans, immigrants who love their teams/leagues back home, hipsters who like the EPL a bit too much, and a combination of those who follow MLS.

Maybe you are looking in the wrong place, the tiny American soccer community online is all over this. The biggest giveaway that Bradley HAS had some kind of impact is the fact that most American soccer fans talk about the Swans during the weekend (solely online, since it's still an incredibly underground sport), and more importantly that the TV coverage seems to feature Swansea each weekend.. which certainly wasn't the case before Bob. IIRC something like Swansea's last 4 (or 3 of 4, at least) matches were on easy to find cable channels, which wasn't happening before.

In summary: you people talking about American influences making decisions solely based off gaining American costumers....... are so ridiculously off the mark, but that seems to be a theme with you Brits isn't it, saying ludicrous things in that echo chamber of yours.

What's the name of the site(s) one could find the American soccer fans discussing the Swans?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Currently over in New York on 05:38 - Dec 20 with 5985 viewsrandomperson

Football (soccer) is far down in overall American interest. However, the fact that a major network is showing Swansea games on Saturday morning (EST) is a big deal. This isn't a far down-the-line Sky channel, but is NBC. Right now, Football interest is growing consistently while some sports like Baseball are declining in viewership.

Teams with U.S. ties are getting the front-row seat. Right now the Swans are part of that, as is Dortmund (with the player Pulisic), and Liverpool (owned by Red Sox owners).

American sports interest heirarchy, more-or-less:
NFL
College Football
Baseball (declining)
NBA
Nascar
Hockey
College Basketball
*Football (soccer)*
Golf
Boxing
Tennis
Currently over in New York on 05:44 - Dec 20 with 5977 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Currently over in New York on 05:27 - Dec 20 by Jackfath

What's the name of the site(s) one could find the American soccer fans discussing the Swans?

Your best bet would be a new page on Facebook started a couple months ago called "USA Swansea City AFC Fans." It's a closed group with only 127 members at this point, but it's easy to join and it's growing fast. The page gets a pretty decent amount of daily activity, and regularly has match threads, news, etc.

On a couple occasions after bad losses we've seen an angry Jack or 2 from the UK tell us to go to hell and that our greedy country has destroyed the club, so the mods have had to kick a couple people out. But it's mostly been good conversation, a way for American Jacks to organize a little better, and a sanctuary of sorts for those of us trying our best to support the club from over here and spread the gospel.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Currently over in New York on 06:14 - Dec 20 with 5937 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Perhaps you could kindly enlighten us as to what logic Kaplan and Levien employed in hiring a man with no premier league experience and a 35 year CV (resume) with no discernible achievements who had been working in the second tier of French football? If it indeed did have nothing to do with the reasons you outlined in your post.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Currently over in New York on 07:17 - Dec 20 with 5810 viewsSwanjaxs

Well I live in Swansea and .... well yea, I'll tell you what I'm expecting.
I'm expecting Bob Bradley to get the bullet before the January window opens, and not because he's American and we all dislike him because of his accent but because he ain't got a fûcking clue mate, and to be honest I couldn't give a toss if my team ever gets airtime in the US OF A ever again!!! ... Is that clear enough for you my patronising American friend? ? 👍
[Post edited 20 Dec 2016 7:33]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Currently over in New York on 08:09 - Dec 20 with 5657 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Hey Bud - you've clearly been spending far too much time on your own in ur echo chamber munching ur big apple

Your post is confused - have another bash at the Summary - plain english will do

Interesting choice of username, care to explain
Login to get fewer ads

Currently over in New York on 08:10 - Dec 20 with 5652 viewssomersetsimon

Wasn't it mentioned by the new owners that they were going to try to increase our exposure in the US?

As an American, do you genuinely believe that Bradley was given the job on merit, or do you think his nationality had something to do with it?
Currently over in New York on 08:41 - Dec 20 with 5553 viewsClinton

From what I've seen, going over to Midwest a few times, US sports fans are more interested how their local star guy is doing on the motorsports tracks than any foreign soccer matches.

Let me extend a welcome to our new US fans. All 127 of you.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Currently over in New York on 08:51 - Dec 20 with 5517 viewsChief

Has anyone noticed the propaganda machine has began? There's a few articles creeping out now. Bobs the victim apparently. Coz people make fun of his accent. All set up for the inevitable 'i was doomed from the start' post sacking interview after we get zero points from the next two games

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Currently over in New York on 09:15 - Dec 20 with 5446 viewsShonky

Ahh its the moron who posted a thread saying 'now you know what the Premier league is like', even though its our sixth season.
File under negligible.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2016 9:45]

Its just a ride...

Currently over in New York on 09:20 - Dec 20 with 5421 viewsjack247

Yeah that's right. We appointed Bob off the back of his fantastic CV...
Currently over in New York on 09:26 - Dec 20 with 5388 viewswaynekerr55

"In summary: you people talking about American influences making decisions solely based off gaining American costumers....... are so ridiculously off the mark, but that seems to be a theme with you Brits isn't it, saying ludicrous things in that echo chamber of yours."

- what other reason would they have for appointing Bob Bradley? His resume is bang average
- all EPL clubs are trying to crack the American market

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Currently over in New York on 09:26 - Dec 20 with 5386 viewsjohnlangy

First of all, the fact BB is American did have us questioning the reasoning initially but would have no bearing whatsoever now if he was getting the team playing well and winning games. If that happened we'd love him.

But he hasn't and they're not winning. So we're allowed now to question why they gave the job to someone with ZERO experience at PL level football. International management is totally different and the level of his Club management experience is maybe 3rd division level in the UK.

But he hasn't and they're not winning. So we're allowed now to question why they gave the job to someone with ZERO experience at PL level football. International management is totally different and the level of his Club management experience is maybe 3rd division level in the UK.

Did I hear an echo ?
Currently over in New York on 09:30 - Dec 20 with 5370 viewsJack11

You have got a nerve! Someone criticising us coming from the country that voted the racist bloke from the Apprentice as their President? We might be many things in Britain, but we would never stoop that low. Just think about that before dishing out nationalistic pelters you patronising little tŵat
Currently over in New York on 09:43 - Dec 20 with 5305 viewspencoedjack

Currently over in New York on 07:17 - Dec 20 by Swanjaxs

Well I live in Swansea and .... well yea, I'll tell you what I'm expecting.
I'm expecting Bob Bradley to get the bullet before the January window opens, and not because he's American and we all dislike him because of his accent but because he ain't got a fûcking clue mate, and to be honest I couldn't give a toss if my team ever gets airtime in the US OF A ever again!!! ... Is that clear enough for you my patronising American friend? ? 👍
[Post edited 20 Dec 2016 7:33]

Spot on 👍
Currently over in New York on 10:28 - Dec 20 with 5198 viewsDarran

Happy Holidays.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Currently over in New York on 10:43 - Dec 20 with 5159 viewsSmellyplumz

Currently over in New York on 08:51 - Dec 20 by Chief

Has anyone noticed the propaganda machine has began? There's a few articles creeping out now. Bobs the victim apparently. Coz people make fun of his accent. All set up for the inevitable 'i was doomed from the start' post sacking interview after we get zero points from the next two games

They won't sack him, they don't care if we go down

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Currently over in New York on 11:11 - Dec 20 with 5077 viewsJack_Kass

You'll only really see it given time on the mainstream news when the mens or womens national teams are playing. For example when they lost to Mexico and Costa Rica recently, and Klinsmann got the chop.

From experience, if you were to go over the river and into NJ, and take in a Red Bulls game, then you're accent would be twigged, and you would certainly find yourself in conversation about it.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Currently over in New York on 11:46 - Dec 20 with 4974 viewsPrivate_Partz

Currently over in New York on 08:51 - Dec 20 by Chief

A very valid point Chief. Bob is spouting it and the press are picking up on it. They are trying the spin that it is us nasty racist Swansea fans causing the problem and not that Bob is completely out of his depth.
Bit odd when you consider we have had more than our fair share of foreign managers and none have left because our supporters had issues with their place of birth or accent.
In fact Swansea as a city is an example to the rest of the world in relation to racial harmony.
We need to be very careful and the attempts to tar us with this brush are given no credence whatsoever.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Currently over in New York on 14:21 - Dec 20 with 4759 viewsswanmageddon

Currently over in New York on 10:28 - Dec 20 by Darran

Happy Holidays.

Thank you, friend!
Currently over in New York on 14:31 - Dec 20 with 4727 viewskarnataka

(the above full stop represents how much I actually care about our exposure in the USA)
Currently over in New York on 14:34 - Dec 20 with 4720 viewsmonmouth

On the whole, I think I preferred the Danes.

Kiisgod was a football luminary compared to some of the stuff we get from the Bobbysox brigade too.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Currently over in New York on 14:42 - Dec 20 with 4699 viewsswanmageddon

Bit surprised at the reaction, as you all have gone and done the same exact thing you would have expected, taking me as a representative as whatever shadowy entity you think is currently embroiled in a conspiracy to buy Swansea and make them fail.

1. You will find 1 centered area of discussion. http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/bob-bradley-swansea.2026609/ Have at it, try your best!

2. People that have followed the trials and tribulations of American Soccer do have a big chip on the shoulder regarding the Anti-American biases in Europe. How players don't get chances, how if they do get chances, they have incredibly short leashes. Same goes for Bob now I guess - but it's warranted if a player or coach has been awful. Most haven't been, yet still get treated this way. Any articles or outlets now are simply people who don't know how the game works, the time to write about bias isn't now.

3. I cannot justify Bradley's appointment, as I have been told by the people I work for to simply spread propaganda and not reveal my affiliations. Thank you for understanding!

4. Clearly American owners wanted to give one of their guys a shot, and why not. Don't like it? Buy your own club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024