Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) 18:18 - Jan 2 with 13463 viewsDieByYourSide

Got to say this might be best for all parties

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-set-sell-chery-dutchman-asks-move

Poll: And it's hi ho

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:19 - Jan 2 with 6575 viewsBAWHoops

Shame

Our best and most creative player despite the odd fascination some fans have with booing him.

If we sell him for profit then job done, but after watching us toil v Ipswich I'm not sure where the creativity comes from now

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:23 - Jan 2 with 6476 viewsBrightonhoop

Best to let him go then. Costly and at times inconsistent. I like him but he's got to want to be here.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:25 - Jan 2 with 6444 viewsRANGERS4EVER

If he doesn't want to play for us and we can get a good fee then it's a good move. Wish him well, but I reckon if we can get £3m+ then we could buy a better player

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:26 - Jan 2 with 6421 viewsAntti_Heinola

Same deal as Phillips. Some fans will crow their little beaks off, but the hole he'll leave will be tough to fill.

He's not even close to importance or class to Les F, but it was the same then - plenty glad to wave him onhis way at the time.

Shame, but if we make a profit, that's important too.

Bare bones.

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:28 - Jan 2 with 6385 viewsHayesender

Cheryo then 👋👋👋

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:35 - Jan 2 with 6273 viewsDWQPR

Best footballer at the club and after watching the dross that somehow managed to steal the win today I cannot see anyone at the club who is anywhere near the level that Chery can achieve. With both Hasselbaink and now Holloway playing such narrow formations Chery has suffered by being outnumbered. Still the boo boys will be happy once El Khayati becomes a first team regular.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:35 - Jan 2 with 6269 viewsRangersw12

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:26 - Jan 2 by Antti_Heinola

Same deal as Phillips. Some fans will crow their little beaks off, but the hole he'll leave will be tough to fill.

He's not even close to importance or class to Les F, but it was the same then - plenty glad to wave him onhis way at the time.

Shame, but if we make a profit, that's important too.

A decent player but has been poor for the last 3 months or so . A move would be good for both parties and hopefully we will at least get our money back

As for Les F I don't know 1 fan who wanted him to leave nor read or heard anyone say anything of the sort either a bit of history rewriting there to fit your narrative
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:37 - Jan 2 with 6246 viewsGloucs_R

Good luck to him, if we make a profit then job done.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:37 - Jan 2 with 6243 viewsNortholt_Rs

Yeah cya useless vvanker.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:37 - Jan 2 with 6242 viewseghamranger

Decent player, but was better last season than this. Is very lightweight, rubbish in the air and obviously had a Dutch connection with Jfh.

Like anyone really, if he doesn't want to stay then let him go, will get decent money for him and hopefully the money will be made available to get someone that wants to play for us.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:39 - Jan 2 with 6201 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:35 - Jan 2 by DWQPR

Best footballer at the club and after watching the dross that somehow managed to steal the win today I cannot see anyone at the club who is anywhere near the level that Chery can achieve. With both Hasselbaink and now Holloway playing such narrow formations Chery has suffered by being outnumbered. Still the boo boys will be happy once El Khayati becomes a first team regular.

He handed in a transfer request so I assume he wants to leave, and when you are in that mindset you already play worse with a lack of effort. Obviously a very talented player, and we will need to replace him, but I don't want him playing if he isn't arsed to play for us

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:43 - Jan 2 with 6144 views100percent

It's a shame - on his day he is a great player.... but his form has been poor of late.
We definitely need a footballer to replace him. We really lacked a play maker today - we ground out a win today but there was no one to put their foot on the ball and take a look around and pick a pass.....
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:45 - Jan 2 with 6106 viewsrsonist

Shame - a very good player - but was becoming increasingly hard to see it working out.

He was sold a platform to perform that we only very rarely gave him during his time here, and so instead of being a key piece in a machine he became a get out of jail free card expected to save a disorganised rabble every week.

Frustrated under JFH and didn't seem to like Ollie's methods from the beginning.

Still if we carry on making signings like him we're on a good path - if not successful then profitable at least...
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:52 - Jan 2 with 6016 viewsdanehoop

To be fair to him I think that he hasn't been played where he can do most damage by Holloway. He probably found it increasingly frustrating seeing that the role he was brought in to play not being available to him. Equally I suspect that the change in coaching probably made him feel that it wasn't going to favour/improve his game either.

Main concern is that we don't sell him to a rival team in the championship.

Never knowingly understood

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:53 - Jan 2 with 6014 viewsGloucs_R

Thing is, we thought he was going to be a winger, instead he was a number 10. Probably too light weight to be that in the championship but would thrive in most European leagues.

Going to be an interesting month.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:56 - Jan 2 with 5959 viewslave16

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:45 - Jan 2 by rsonist

Shame - a very good player - but was becoming increasingly hard to see it working out.

He was sold a platform to perform that we only very rarely gave him during his time here, and so instead of being a key piece in a machine he became a get out of jail free card expected to save a disorganised rabble every week.

Frustrated under JFH and didn't seem to like Ollie's methods from the beginning.

Still if we carry on making signings like him we're on a good path - if not successful then profitable at least...

unfortunately hard to fit in our team and at this point a luxury we cannot afford - class act when on form and wish him the best... been cast aside by ramsey, jfh and olly now - in a way similar to Fer

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:56 - Jan 2 with 5951 viewsBakes

So he's not injured then. Shock!

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:57 - Jan 2 with 5931 viewseghamranger

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:43 - Jan 2 by 100percent

It's a shame - on his day he is a great player.... but his form has been poor of late.
We definitely need a footballer to replace him. We really lacked a play maker today - we ground out a win today but there was no one to put their foot on the ball and take a look around and pick a pass.....

Adel?!?!?
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:58 - Jan 2 with 5919 viewsLongsufferingR

Shame it didn't work out but this explains the loss of form recently, and there's no coming back from that once a player's head is elsewhere. Best for all if he goes and we make a profit, so good to hear that there is interest in him, which may bump the price up a bit.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 19:00 - Jan 2 with 5890 viewskensalriser

Easily our best player and the best passer of the ball we've had since Taarabt. We'll do well to replace him with equivalent quality.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 19:01 - Jan 2 with 5878 viewsTacticalR

Interesting when you think back to JFH's 'Chery must always play' interview on the Open All R's podcast.

Air hostess clique

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 19:27 - Jan 2 with 5617 viewsNeil_SI

I expected Chery to leave back in the summer (I said as such on the QPR podcast) and when it didn’t happen, I half anticipated it would be January. He has answered plenty of questions about whether he can adapt and cut it in England, and the answer is yes, despite his recent patch of poor form.

He has excellent technical ability and his style of play is probably more suited to the Premier League as well. I hope he gets a decent move, because at 28, he should be in the prime of his career and trying to reach the highest level he can before it’s too late. I can understand why he wants to go and this may be his last chance to perform at a higher level while at his peak.

Thing is, if he didn't want to do that, I'd ask questions about his ambition and drive. Why wouldn't you want to? That's why it's the right decision for all involved, and it's only because of his age and his history that makes it so in this case.

It would be great if we could make some decent money out of any potential move, and I have to say, I am pleased to hear the club are not going to be scared into losing players by big wage demands. It’s a good sign and I think the best outcome, however much a shame for us to lose such a talented player, that everybody respectfully goes their separate ways.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 19:28 - Jan 2 with 5612 viewsrsonist

The other thing is, he's not young. It was a pretty big gamble on his part in the first place to come here at 27 after the season he'd had in Holland. (Crosspost with Neil.)

I get the feeling a lot of people are seeing him the way they did Phillips and Fer - I don't really agree with that. There's a fair bit of distance between games passing a player by (he was hardly the only one either) and one phoning it in like those two did.

Doubt we'll be looking for a replacement in his position at all but I suppose it's worth remembering that Les is a big fan of Ravel... and Ollie probably still doesn't see himself as a 4-4-2 man any more.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2017 19:29]
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 19:30 - Jan 2 with 5575 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Good player but if he wants to leave then there is not a lot you can do.

I have yet to hear him being booed though so not sure what that's all about?
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 19:30 - Jan 2 with 5569 viewsconnell10

I thought he was ok but for me a bit lightweight so I'm not that assed!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024