Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation Clubs 14:16 - Jan 22 with 6546 viewsSwan91

Just been listening/reading about the other relegation clubs and what they will do with transfers.

Crystal Palace - Allardyce has said he wants FIVE new signings before the end of the window... and people said Swansea were taking too long with their transfers. Sam also said he is looking away from the english league as players here are too expensive.

Sunderland - Moyes has said they are not going to make any new signings and instead will take a look at their youth and the team they currently have. If i was a Sunderland fan I wouldn't be happy.

Hull - have made a couple of signings... don't really know how they will turn out.

Overall I think Swansea have been smart and have done well with their transfers (at first glance anyway), maybe 1 or 2 more signings and we could have a team able to go back to near mid table (probably not this season though)
Relegation Clubs on 15:08 - Jan 22 with 5704 viewsDr_Winston

Sunderland look like an absolute mess. If they're not in the market for anyone they've probably given up already.

Hard to say with the rest. Hull and Middlesbrough probably have the weakest squads. Silva is an unknown quantity and Karanka has just pissed off his entire fanbase, but stranger things have happened. Few would have predicted how badly Allardyce has started with Palace but they've still got some decent players there if he can get to grips with them.

It's back in our hands. Win the games against the teams around us and we only need 5/6 points from elsewhere to be sure.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Relegation Clubs on 15:17 - Jan 22 with 5643 viewsSwan91

Relegation Clubs on 15:08 - Jan 22 by Dr_Winston

Sunderland look like an absolute mess. If they're not in the market for anyone they've probably given up already.

Hard to say with the rest. Hull and Middlesbrough probably have the weakest squads. Silva is an unknown quantity and Karanka has just pissed off his entire fanbase, but stranger things have happened. Few would have predicted how badly Allardyce has started with Palace but they've still got some decent players there if he can get to grips with them.

It's back in our hands. Win the games against the teams around us and we only need 5/6 points from elsewhere to be sure.

I agree about Palace, they have 2 good strikers in Benteke and Remy. I think out of the other teams they will be the ones to start putting in performances.

Sunderland are a total mess, I don't understand, they are constantly near relagation most seasons, how have they not learnt how to improve.
Relegation Clubs on 15:29 - Jan 22 with 5585 views34dfgdf54

Sunderland are skint, Moyes has been tucked up and fed alot of promises which never materialized apparently.
Relegation Clubs on 15:37 - Jan 22 with 5525 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Underestimate Hull at our peril.
Hull beat Bournemouth 3:1, that could be their turning point.
Relegation Clubs on 15:39 - Jan 22 with 5506 views34dfgdf54

Relegation Clubs on 15:37 - Jan 22 by A_Fans_Dad

Underestimate Hull at our peril.
Hull beat Bournemouth 3:1, that could be their turning point.

I still honestly can't see Palace going down under Allardyce either. It's still a very tough ask for us staying up after the disaster 11 game reign of Bob Bradley.
Relegation Clubs on 15:43 - Jan 22 with 5478 viewsBorojack

Relegation Clubs on 15:29 - Jan 22 by 34dfgdf54

Sunderland are skint, Moyes has been tucked up and fed alot of promises which never materialized apparently.

Yes was listening to a local radio phone last week Sunderland are broke there most valuable asset is Defoe but no point selling him as that would finish them completely.
Our price reduced drastically after yesterday came in from 1/3 on to 5/6 to go down
They seem to have written off Sunderland and Hull though.
But we are still a shorter price than Palace.
The next 10 days of the window are crucial I think.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Relegation Clubs on 15:51 - Jan 22 with 5426 viewslonglostjack

Relegation Clubs on 15:39 - Jan 22 by 34dfgdf54

I still honestly can't see Palace going down under Allardyce either. It's still a very tough ask for us staying up after the disaster 11 game reign of Bob Bradley.

Agree. Why on earth didn't we fire Bobbly after the Spurs fiasco?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Relegation Clubs on 15:53 - Jan 22 with 5402 viewsTheKirkyLife

Right now I think relegation flags are waving for Palace and Sunderland. Both have looked utterly dismal and both should be very worried. NO new signings under Moyes (seems like the money has disappeared) and even Big Sam can't get Palace's main players motivated. Benteke and Cabaye look like shadows of their former selves.

We need to see how things play out but right now that final spot is between Hull, us, Borough and Leicester. As things stand I'm actually tempted to say Aitor has boobed this transfer window massively and that will cost them. Hull have a great fighting spirit and that alone could save them. Once Leicester are out of the Champions' League they'll only have one focus from there on out. As for us? We ARE making signings which can improve us and have finally signed up a manager who kinda knows what he's doing (READ: has a gameplan).

Middles
Palace
Sunderland
Login to get fewer ads

Relegation Clubs on 15:58 - Jan 22 with 5382 viewsmajorraglan

Relegation Clubs on 15:39 - Jan 22 by 34dfgdf54

I agree with this, relegation is most certainly a real threat and the BB reign which lasted over a quarter of the season hasn't done the club any favours.

SA has a proven track record and sooner or later they should click, Sunderland are struggling, Hull are struggling but have recently found some form while Boro are keeping their head above water. Leicester seem to be struggling and could be dragged right back in to the relegation mix. Is the Champions League too much for them, in the same kind of way the Swansea league form dipped during the Europa League run? Can't see Burnley being relegated.

My personal opinion is that with the top six clubs pulling away and harvesting lots of points, I think the magic number for survival could be 35 points. If Swansea can beat Hull, Boro, Sunderland, Leicester who are potential relegation rivals that's 30 points there, a win against Southampton would be 33 points. I appreciate its a big ask, but after yesterdays win anything is possible if the players are focussed and determined enough.

Let's be positive, yesterday's win was a bonus and a result most didn't see coming, let's hope it the first of many more wins.
Relegation Clubs on 15:59 - Jan 22 with 5371 viewsswanjackal

In fairness, my father put on £5 on Sunderland Leicester and Swans to go down before the season started, mainly due to the odds offered (will have to check on them), but it's not as outside a bet as when the season started.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Relegation Clubs on 16:08 - Jan 22 with 5313 viewsWxmJax

The goal difference worries me most but, glass half full, if we win a few it won't even matter. I thought we would go down under BB but now I don't (apart from that goal difference lingering over our heads).

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Relegation Clubs on 16:18 - Jan 22 with 5222 viewsAussieSwan

Relegation Clubs on 15:51 - Jan 22 by longlostjack

Agree. Why on earth didn't we fire Bobbly after the Spurs fiasco?

if we had sacked BB and brough Clement in before we lost four on the bounce against West Brom, Middlesborough, West Ham and Bournemouth, I've no doubt that we would've at least picked up one point, and conceded a LOT less than the 13 goals we did

Would've put a bit more breathing space between us and the relegation zone

But that's the past so no point dwelling on it now. The important thing is we're 17th now and that place is ours to lose

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Relegation Clubs on 16:20 - Jan 22 with 5191 viewsunion_jack

Relegation Clubs on 16:18 - Jan 22 by AussieSwan

if we had sacked BB and brough Clement in before we lost four on the bounce against West Brom, Middlesborough, West Ham and Bournemouth, I've no doubt that we would've at least picked up one point, and conceded a LOT less than the 13 goals we did

Would've put a bit more breathing space between us and the relegation zone

But that's the past so no point dwelling on it now. The important thing is we're 17th now and that place is ours to lose

Technically not quite. If Hull spring a surprise today then we're back in it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Relegation Clubs on 17:16 - Jan 22 with 5045 viewsSheffieldjack

Sunderland are not likely to get out of the drop zone. Hull have a very weak squad and as time goes on they are going to be more and more stretched, so I think that they will go down too. It's the third relegation place that's the worry. We must stay above Palace and reel Boro in. The only other team who might get involved in the relegation dog fight is Watford but I can't see them going down TBH.
Relegation Clubs on 17:31 - Jan 22 with 4945 viewsJango

He started just as bad for Sunderland last year
Relegation Clubs on 17:35 - Jan 22 with 4925 viewsEasternJack

Relegation Clubs on 15:29 - Jan 22 by 34dfgdf54

Moyes is making all the noises of someone who wants to be sacked & paid up
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 17:36]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Relegation Clubs on 17:46 - Jan 22 with 4865 viewsjasper_T

Palace are nailed on to go down.
Relegation Clubs on 19:00 - Jan 22 with 4685 viewsAngelRangelQS

Don't underestimate what a poor run Watford are on.
Relegation Clubs on 20:17 - Jan 23 with 4331 viewsSwan91

Crystal Palace are closing in on the signing of Sunderland left-back Patrick van Aanholt,

wow really does seem like Sunderland have given up.....
Relegation Clubs on 20:35 - Jan 23 with 4260 viewsjack247

Sunderland have looked like dead men walking for a couple of seasons, just like Wigan before them. It's been obvious for a while they are going down sooner or later.

We have allowed our squad to stagnate by relying on the same players for too long. Even if we survive this season, going to be us soon if we don't address it in the summer.
Relegation Clubs on 21:37 - Jan 23 with 4127 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Sunderlands centre back is being charged for violent conduct, another thing going against them
Relegation Clubs on 21:54 - Jan 23 with 4061 viewsLandore_Jack

Relegation Clubs on 20:17 - Jan 23 by Swan91

Crystal Palace are closing in on the signing of Sunderland left-back Patrick van Aanholt,

wow really does seem like Sunderland have given up.....

Not really. He has been awful this season. £12m is good business for a player that cost £1.5M.

#backtojack

Relegation Clubs on 22:20 - Jan 23 with 3931 viewsLoyal

Hull are fckd.
Mason, Snodgrass and Livermore all out of contention.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Relegation Clubs on 22:39 - Jan 23 with 3885 viewsClinton

It's really up to us to get points under our belt. Get to 37 and there'll be 3 worse off than us. If it ain't one of the current bottom 3 another one will have a bad run.
It's in our hands now.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Relegation Clubs on 08:13 - Jan 24 with 3629 viewsjackjackjackjack

Relegation Clubs on 17:46 - Jan 22 by jasper_T

Palace are nailed on to go down.

I doubt they'll go down. Bookies have them more likely to stay up than us.

I could to see 2 teams currently above us going down, but we need to start winning games.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024