Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread. 15:47 - Jan 28 with 15307 views442Dale

I thought we've played pretty well. Vincenti missed a sitter with the header.

Don't want to ever hear again that Logan's distribution is better than Lillis'. He's becoming a liability with his decision making.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread. on 17:17 - Jan 28 with 3819 viewsShun

Sometimes you just have to throw your hands up and say, 'That's not fair!' I am absolutely stunned by that scoreline, today was never a 4-0. Up until the penalty we were by far the better side. After that the excellent Ian Henderson was dropped into midfield to accommodate the disappointing Redshaw.

Is Diba anywhere near ready for league football? Serious question. Logan cost us the first goal today and should've done better for the third one too.

Ultimately the result looks embarrassing but the performance was anything but.
Match thread. on 17:21 - Jan 28 with 3735 viewsD_Alien

Fully agree with many Logan comments today, especially the third goal where the header was telegraphed but he just didn't get down in time

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread. on 17:22 - Jan 28 with 3721 viewssweetcorn

I'm gonna start with the fact we've signed 2 left backs and then played a right back there.. playing players out of position, when he had no need..

Logan has been a good keeper for us, but these last two weeks have been something out of a comedy sketch..

Kitching is most definitely a left back, had no attacking presence and he should have brought mendez laing on instead of an unknown player.

Think the selection was all wrong today and injuries are costing us dearly.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread. on 17:22 - Jan 28 with 3703 viewsShun

Match thread. on 17:14 - Jan 28 by 442Dale

Three hours after hearing the team and wondering why we were using two full backs out of position I'm still wondering why we used two full backs out of position.

Quite why we brought in Kitching as well as Taylor is hard to establish too. The priority should have been a keeper on loan after last week (presuming Lillis is out for a while)

I thought McGahey did well at right back. Rafferty on the left got forward quite a lot and delivered plenty of crosses, but none of them to good effect. It was clear to see how much he wanted to come inside to cross using his right foot, as the ones with his left weren't good enough.
Match thread. on 17:25 - Jan 28 with 3671 viewsdingdangblue

A bit like the Sheffield Wednesday game - we failed to take our chances 1st half and that compounded by another shocker from Logan and we are out. Can't believe Vincenti has missed a simple header (like Sheffield Wednesday) and I can't believe Hendo didn't wrap his foot round the ball with the open goal after he'd rounded the keeper - he seemed to get his angles all wrong. These little things cost you in a game against higher opposition - you don't take your chances when they come you are done for.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread. on 17:25 - Jan 28 with 3651 viewsrich_dale

Am surprised given Hilly's emphasis on being Rochdale fit that Logan clearly isn't. I know he's a keeper but gone are the days when you can get away with being unfit in that position - it must affect his agility and mobility. He was much fitter and sharper in his first spell.
Match thread. on 17:25 - Jan 28 with 3652 viewsDale1990

Logan has to be taken out of the firing line, Diba has been with us long enough now and if Hill doesn't trust him then he shouldn't be on our books.

Interesting reading their managers comments, very impressive! Spoke about how he realised that they couldn't play their usual game on our pitch and so put on their taller and more physical players. Fully deserved their win in the end.
Match thread. on 17:26 - Jan 28 with 3635 viewsnordenblue

Match thread. on 15:53 - Jan 28 by 442Dale

Involved in all 5.

I'd say as a keeper he's involved in every goal really......
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread. on 17:27 - Jan 28 with 3596 views442Dale

Match thread. on 17:26 - Jan 28 by nordenblue

I'd say as a keeper he's involved in every goal really......

Yes. He's been to blame, partially or otherwise, for six of the eight. Would also like to see his positioning for their fourth.

Match thread. on 17:29 - Jan 28 with 3560 viewsDale1990

Not forgetting his poor kick led to Keane getting sent off at Southend
Match thread. on 17:31 - Jan 28 with 3532 views442Dale

Match thread. on 17:29 - Jan 28 by Dale1990

Not forgetting his poor kick led to Keane getting sent off at Southend

And rushing out to make Cox's mind up for the second.

It's not nice to identify these faults, but facts are facts.

Match thread. on 17:47 - Jan 28 with 3337 viewsDaleView

Match thread. on 15:52 - Jan 28 by Shun

We've definitely been the better side so far but we gave them their goal gift-wrapped. Logan will be disappointed with himself. Is that 3 or 4 goals he's cost us in the past two matches?

I didn't see the match - live too far away.
But the statistics say a lot.
Dale 1 shot on target. Terriers 4 shots on target.
Did the Dale keeper not stop anything this afternoon?
And why can't the Dale players shoot straight?
Simple training with forwards and keeper next week?
Match thread. on 17:47 - Jan 28 with 3320 viewsJimmyRustler

Conrad shouldn't be anywhere near the team with the physical shape he's in. It's embarrassing watching him waddle over to the net. I like the lad but there's absolutely no excuse for it in this day and age. Assessing him on his performance alone though, his confidence is shattered and he's put in two absolute shockers now. We have nothing to lose giving Diba a chance at the moment.

Why we signed two left backs and then played Raff there (who by all accounts had been playing well recently) is an absolute mystery. Raff did OK but a natural left footer would have put in some dangerous balls today in those positions as opposed to constantly putting it in the keeper's hands. Baffling and anger inducing from KH.

RNL must have naked pics of KH or some other dirt on the man..horrendous and him starting ahead of NML is laughable. Kitching looks tidy enough but what was the thought process behind him coming on for Andrew? He's clearly a defender and nothing more.

We didn't play badly tbf and if Vincenti buries the sitter it's a different game. Ah well...another anticlimax!
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 17:59]
Match thread. on 17:52 - Jan 28 with 3229 viewsnordenblue

Match thread. on 17:27 - Jan 28 by 442Dale

Yes. He's been to blame, partially or otherwise, for six of the eight. Would also like to see his positioning for their fourth.

I'm a big fan of Logan but today there's no getting away from the fact he was worse than crap,I sat next to Josh and presumably his dad and God only knows what's going through his head watching that "performance" whilst sat in the stands...
Match thread. on 18:00 - Jan 28 with 3142 viewsAjsfc

Match thread. on 17:31 - Jan 28 by 442Dale

And rushing out to make Cox's mind up for the second.

It's not nice to identify these faults, but facts are facts.

Not nice, you're enjoying every minute of it. Its obvious you prefer Lillis yes, but please tell us again which goals Conrad was at fault for. Yawn.

Come on TVOS stick up for him (still got that chip on your shoulder from when Hilly criticised you for printing that stat in the programme?)
Match thread. on 18:05 - Jan 28 with 3601 viewsKnowlesy

Match thread. on 18:00 - Jan 28 by Ajsfc

Not nice, you're enjoying every minute of it. Its obvious you prefer Lillis yes, but please tell us again which goals Conrad was at fault for. Yawn.

Come on TVOS stick up for him (still got that chip on your shoulder from when Hilly criticised you for printing that stat in the programme?)

Can only assume this is conrad

You mean what was he at fault for today?
1. Hospital pass straight to their man. Goal
2. Didn't command his 3 yard box, watched the ball fly over his head. If he'd commanded there'd be no need/opportunity to foul
3. The ball practically fell into the back of the net straight through him
4. Probably wasn't his fault well done conrad

Edit: just realised he probably wasn't actually wanting to hear all of that again... but never mind
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 18:10]
Match thread. on 18:05 - Jan 28 with 3600 viewsShun

Strange post. 442 has pointed out Logan's mistakes because he's been a huge reason why we've lost the past three games. He's far from the only one pointing out these mistakes!
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 18:15]
Match thread. on 18:10 - Jan 28 with 3541 viewsAjsfc

Match thread. on 18:05 - Jan 28 by Shun

Strange post. 442 has pointed out Logan's mistakes because he's been a huge reason why we've lost the past three games. He's far from the only one pointing out these mistakes!
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 18:15]

Not as strange as saying McGahey played well. He barely found a Rochdale shirt today with a pass.

Yes Conrad has been awful but he was also in net for during our good run (and Lillis at the start of the season) Its more the fact that its clear 442 enjoys Conrad being poor so he can post the 'I told you so' post.
Match thread. on 18:11 - Jan 28 with 3539 viewsTVOS1907

Care to elaborate?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread. on 18:11 - Jan 28 with 3532 viewsAjsfc

Whooosh
Match thread. on 18:12 - Jan 28 with 3516 viewsAjsfc

Match thread. on 18:11 - Jan 28 by TVOS1907

Care to elaborate?

Dont think I need to do I
Match thread. on 18:13 - Jan 28 with 3494 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread. on 17:27 - Jan 28 by 442Dale

Their 4th? The lad broke through down the right and squared it to the big long haired donkey in the middle ? Unless Logan can split himself in 2 and cover both players he's got no chance. Yes he was at fault for 1 and 3 but let's not go overboard.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread. on 18:19 - Jan 28 with 3436 viewssince58

Match thread. on 18:05 - Jan 28 by Knowlesy

Can only assume this is conrad

You mean what was he at fault for today?
1. Hospital pass straight to their man. Goal
2. Didn't command his 3 yard box, watched the ball fly over his head. If he'd commanded there'd be no need/opportunity to foul
3. The ball practically fell into the back of the net straight through him
4. Probably wasn't his fault well done conrad

Edit: just realised he probably wasn't actually wanting to hear all of that again... but never mind
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 18:10]

Whats a three yard box ? never heard that one.
Match thread. on 18:37 - Jan 28 with 3293 viewsboromat

Since Lillis got injured Logan has been terrible as if the competition is required for him to perform. If Lillis isn't fit for the next match I'd like Diba to get a chance even if it's just for one game.

We do need to start with a blank piece of paper next match. The three new lads will have been here for a couple of weeks and surely a more balanced team can be chosen.

I'm not overly concerned about today's result first half we were the better side despite Andrew going off and all the injuries we've got at the minute.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread. on 18:39 - Jan 28 with 3275 viewsKnowlesy

Match thread. on 18:19 - Jan 28 by since58

Whats a three yard box ? never heard that one.

Obviously there isn't one, but to say that it was simply in the 6 yard box doesn't do it justice it was right on top of him. Probably about 3 yards out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024