Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread. 15:47 - Jan 28 with 14593 views442Dale

I thought we've played pretty well. Vincenti missed a sitter with the header.

Don't want to ever hear again that Logan's distribution is better than Lillis'. He's becoming a liability with his decision making.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread. on 09:03 - Jan 29 with 1274 viewsD_Alien

Match thread. on 08:16 - Jan 29 by rochedale

Didn't think we were outplayed at all. We did well, and 2 clear goal scoring opportunities missed cost us. I said a while back, and was lambasted for it by you know who, that Logan is over weight. I missed the first as was heading for a pint, but it appears his distribution let him down. That 3rd though should've been bread and butter for a keeper.

He's obviously a good keeper but that additional timber must be causing problems. With Josh out for the season I wonder if KH will bring in cover?

The thing that concerns me when people talk about Logan's weight is that he'll be - presumably - put through a thorough goalkeeping training schedule week in week out

If he isn't, it reflects on other personnel at the club

So whilst you're concerned about being lambasted for making claims about his weight, I'd be more concerned about why it appears to be happening

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread. on 09:11 - Jan 29 with 1253 viewsrochedale

Match thread. on 09:03 - Jan 29 by D_Alien

The thing that concerns me when people talk about Logan's weight is that he'll be - presumably - put through a thorough goalkeeping training schedule week in week out

If he isn't, it reflects on other personnel at the club

So whilst you're concerned about being lambasted for making claims about his weight, I'd be more concerned about why it appears to be happening

I am not concerned about being lambasted.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Match thread. on 09:20 - Jan 29 with 1230 viewsD_Alien

Match thread. on 09:11 - Jan 29 by rochedale

I am not concerned about being lambasted.

Good, because you weren't, simply disagreed with

To me, it's not his weight but his overall fitness that seems to have gone downhill, and it raises questions about his training regime

There may be legitimate issues - someone referred to him maybe not being fully recovered from his injury

Match thread. on 09:22 - Jan 29 with 1215 viewsrochedale

Match thread. on 09:20 - Jan 29 by D_Alien

To me, it's not his weight but his overall fitness that seems to have gone downhill, and it raises questions about his training regime

There may be legitimate issues - someone referred to him maybe not being fully recovered from his injury

Do you still think he's not overweight? Will you hold your hand up and say he's overweight?

Match thread. on 09:32 - Jan 29 with 1175 viewsD_Alien

Match thread. on 09:22 - Jan 29 by rochedale

Do you still think he's not overweight? Will you hold your hand up and say he's overweight?

I'd say his weight is something which is easy to say looks too much but which them implies all sorts of issues, including him being offered a six month contract

So be very careful what you say about his weight when it seems the club were happy to put his weight between the Dale sticks, and as a matter of preference over Josh Lillis

[Post edited 29 Jan 2017 9:34]

Match thread. on 09:36 - Jan 29 with 1948 viewsrochedale

Match thread. on 09:32 - Jan 29 by D_Alien

I'd say his weight is something which is easy to say looks too much but which them implies all sorts of issues, including him being offered a six month contract

So be very careful what you say about his weight when it seems the club were happy to put his weight between the Dale sticks, and as a matter of preference over Josh Lillis

A simple 'yes' or 'no' would've done.

Match thread. on 09:44 - Jan 29 with 1918 viewsD_Alien

Match thread. on 09:36 - Jan 29 by rochedale

A simple 'yes' or 'no' would've done.

I'm more interested in things which affect Dale's ability to win points than score points

How about considering the implications of your claims about his weight? Or would that make things difficult for you?

[Post edited 29 Jan 2017 9:47]

Match thread. on 09:47 - Jan 29 with 1907 views1907

Hill must be getting sick and tired of the self destruct button located within this team. How many times have we capitulated now? A solid, spirited performance first half marred by a bloody awful Miss from Vincenti and another horror show from Logan. I was bitterly disappointed at half time.

The clear substitution was Mcgahey for Taylor and switch Raff to RB. Mcgahey tried bless him but he looks like a centre half ambling down the wing. Because that's what he is.

Hill then waits and waits when we don't really look like scoring and only makes A substitution once we go 2-0? Really couldn't understand that.

Another below par performance which is incredibly frustrating when we know what we're capable of. Massive opportunity missed.

Expect wholesale changes next week. Make sure the lads are fired up. Stick a rocket up Logan's arse and let's go out and smash Bristol Rovers off the park.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread. on 10:10 - Jan 29 with 1829 viewsmidlandsdale

Match thread. on 09:47 - Jan 29 by 1907

Hill must be getting sick and tired of the self destruct button located within this team. How many times have we capitulated now? A solid, spirited performance first half marred by a bloody awful Miss from Vincenti and another horror show from Logan. I was bitterly disappointed at half time.

The clear substitution was Mcgahey for Taylor and switch Raff to RB. Mcgahey tried bless him but he looks like a centre half ambling down the wing. Because that's what he is.

Hill then waits and waits when we don't really look like scoring and only makes A substitution once we go 2-0? Really couldn't understand that.

Another below par performance which is incredibly frustrating when we know what we're capable of. Massive opportunity missed.

Expect wholesale changes next week. Make sure the lads are fired up. Stick a rocket up Logan's arse and let's go out and smash Bristol Rovers off the park.

'below par performance'

Cant agree with the above. I thought first half we played really well despite missing several key players and losing Calvin early on. Yes we missed a few clear chances and had we not it could have been, and probably would have been a different game.

Hill was trying to bring on the subs before they scored the second, so wasn't waiting. More like bad timing. I agree we missed an opportunity today, but with the same team that played Barrow we would have run them very close if not better.

Conrad is definitely having a poor run of form and I think that DibDob should start on Saturday. Still lots to play for and I am fully expecting us to bounce back
Match thread. on 10:12 - Jan 29 with 1817 viewsjudd

Match thread. on 09:32 - Jan 29 by D_Alien

Be very careful what you say when analysing players conditions after poor performances full fookin stop.

Last time you did so that player was shown the fookin door.

Be afraid, Conrad.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread. on 10:22 - Jan 29 with 1792 viewsrochedale

Match thread. on 09:44 - Jan 29 by D_Alien

I'm more interested in things which affect Dale's ability to win points than score points

How about considering the implications of your claims about his weight? Or would that make things difficult for you?

[Post edited 29 Jan 2017 9:47]

I'm not sure what the implications of my claIms about his weight would be. I doubt my comments about his weight would have any implications. Unless, KH saw my post and thought, 'hmmm, Rochedale think CL is overweight, I must do something about it.' That is unlikely, as are any implications.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2017 10:35]

Match thread. on 10:43 - Jan 29 with 1738 views442Dale

Match thread. on 10:10 - Jan 29 by midlandsdale

'below par performance'

Cant agree with the above. I thought first half we played really well despite missing several key players and losing Calvin early on. Yes we missed a few clear chances and had we not it could have been, and probably would have been a different game.

Hill was trying to bring on the subs before they scored the second, so wasn't waiting. More like bad timing. I agree we missed an opportunity today, but with the same team that played Barrow we would have run them very close if not better.

Conrad is definitely having a poor run of form and I think that DibDob should start on Saturday. Still lots to play for and I am fully expecting us to bounce back

Hill got the subs wrong by not sorting the full back problem at half time. Taylor for McGahey (not that he played badly) was obvious.

Match thread. on 10:44 - Jan 29 with 1736 views1907

Match thread. on 10:10 - Jan 29 by midlandsdale

'below par performance'

As I said. Spirited first half. Poor second half. How can you say that second half performance was ok? It was very below par. I was pleased but disappointed at half time but I walked out at 90 minutes incredibly frustrated at how we played in the second half.

Having sat directly behind Hill yesterday I can guarantee you that he had no intentions of making the changes until the second goal went in when both players hurriedly had to get changed. We had to make the changes to try and get at them differently, we didn't and subsequently the game got away from us.
Match thread. on 11:05 - Jan 29 with 1661 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread. on 10:44 - Jan 29 by 1907

As I said. Spirited first half. Poor second half. How can you say that second half performance was ok? It was very below par. I was pleased but disappointed at half time but I walked out at 90 minutes incredibly frustrated at how we played in the second half.

Having sat directly behind Hill yesterday I can guarantee you that he had no intentions of making the changes until the second goal went in when both players hurriedly had to get changed. We had to make the changes to try and get at them differently, we didn't and subsequently the game got away from us.

Mendez-Laing was stood up and ready to come on when Huddersfield got the corner that led to their penalty.

It was only after this that Hill decided to put Redshaw on as well.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread. on 11:27 - Jan 29 with 1621 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match thread. on 09:20 - Jan 29 by D_Alien

Would it be controversial to suggest that his weight and lack of fitness are linked? Apologies in advance for the stupidity of this post and undoubted embarrassment I am causing myself.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match thread. on 11:27 - Jan 29 with 1619 views1907

Match thread. on 11:05 - Jan 29 by TVOS1907

Mendez-Laing was stood up and ready to come on when Huddersfield got the corner that led to their penalty.

It was only after this that Hill decided to put Redshaw on as well.

The substitutions should have been made 7-8 minutes earlier than they were. After McNulty and Keane contrived to give the ball awway for the fifth time in as many minutes.
Match thread. on 11:44 - Jan 29 with 1577 views442Dale

Match thread. on 11:27 - Jan 29 by 1907

The substitutions should have been made 7-8 minutes earlier than they were. After McNulty and Keane contrived to give the ball awway for the fifth time in as many minutes.

Yep, and that was down to the lack of natural options wide of them. The decision not to start with a proper left back cost us, as did not changing it.

Match thread. on 12:12 - Jan 29 with 1524 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread. on 11:27 - Jan 29 by 1907

Maybe they should have been, but that's not what your previous post said.

Match thread. on 12:31 - Jan 29 with 1486 views1907

Match thread. on 12:12 - Jan 29 by TVOS1907

Maybe they should have been, but that's not what your previous post said.

Do you not get tired of trying to pull me up on posts? How pedantic are you really?
Match thread. on 12:34 - Jan 29 with 1482 viewsD_Alien

Match thread. on 10:22 - Jan 29 by rochedale

I'm not sure what the implications of my claIms about his weight would be. I doubt my comments about his weight would have any implications. Unless, KH saw my post and thought, 'hmmm, Rochedale think CL is overweight, I must do something about it.' That is unlikely, as are any implications.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2017 10:35]

By criticising Conrad's weight, you're implicitly criticising the manager's decision-making and the physical conditioning regime at the club in dropping Lillis and selecting an overweight keeper ahead of him, which is fine - we all do that from time to time, but why not just come right out and say it?

I'll answer your question - yes, i'd prefer it if Logan lost a little bit of weight, but it's probably marginal. You answer mine.

Match thread. on 12:38 - Jan 29 with 1465 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread. on 12:31 - Jan 29 by 1907

Do you not get tired of trying to pull me up on posts? How pedantic are you really?

I wasn't aware I had done. This is a forum and, therefore, people comment on each other's posts and opinions.

Match thread. on 12:39 - Jan 29 with 1461 viewsD_Alien

Match thread. on 11:27 - Jan 29 by BigDaveMyCock

Would it be controversial to suggest that his weight and lack of fitness are linked? Apologies in advance for the stupidity of this post and undoubted embarrassment I am causing myself.

Would it be controversial to suggest that the manager appears to be happy enough with Logan's weight and conditioning to select him over Lillis (when he was fit) in the first place? If Logan's weight/conditioning have deteriorated since then, the club have some responsibility in that regard too

It's embarrassing that you can't put those two things together

Match thread. on 12:43 - Jan 29 with 1443 viewsjudd

Match thread. on 12:34 - Jan 29 by D_Alien

By criticising Conrad's weight, you're implicitly criticising the manager's decision-making and the physical conditioning regime at the club in dropping Lillis and selecting an overweight keeper ahead of him, which is fine - we all do that from time to time, but why not just come right out and say it?

I'll answer your question - yes, i'd prefer it if Logan lost a little bit of weight, but it's probably marginal. You answer mine.

That'd be the same manager that chose Tanser last week then? Then got shut of him.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread. on 12:50 - Jan 29 with 1426 viewsD_Alien

Match thread. on 12:43 - Jan 29 by judd

That'd be the same manager that chose Tanser last week then? Then got shut of him.

I honestly believe it is the same manager, yes

Match thread. on 12:53 - Jan 29 with 1411 viewsboromat

Match thread. on 12:43 - Jan 29 by judd

I'm not convinced Hill got shut of Tanser I think he may have asked to leave with the promise of first team football at port vale. Only a thought.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024