Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread 18:29 - Mar 28 with 29580 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 2 Apr 2017 6:15]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:46 - Apr 2 with 2305 viewsAl_Bundy

Nothing down the right at all.. Ayew has even drifted out there. Narsingh not playing on the last man and Naughton turn over twice already
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:47 - Apr 2 with 2265 viewsSmellyplumz

Looking very nervous, need an early goal.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:50 - Apr 2 with 2230 viewsSmellyplumz

All to slow

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:51 - Apr 2 with 2232 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:50 - Apr 2 by Smellyplumz

All to slow

This !
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:01 - Apr 2 with 2109 viewsAl_Bundy

Somebody needs to tell our players Llorente is not in the side !!
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:02 - Apr 2 with 2079 viewsswan65split

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:01 - Apr 2 by Al_Bundy

yep, putting in crosses and the keepers commanding his box

going too be a nervy second half!
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:03 - Apr 2 with 2063 viewsdailew

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:01 - Apr 2 by Al_Bundy

Yup. Boro well organized. Gonna be hard to break down.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:04 - Apr 2 with 2052 viewsairedale

The manager might not be risking Llorente because we've so many games coming up.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:08 - Apr 2 with 1988 viewsRancid

Gestede coming on.Please no!!
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:14 - Apr 2 with 1909 viewsSmellyplumz

Safe to say the first half has been utter gash.

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:22 - Apr 2 with 1784 viewsNogginthenog

Am i watching this on slow motion, we have to up the tempo, they are there for the taking
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:22 - Apr 2 with 1771 viewsJackanapes

What a load of fking garbage that was. Nailed on to lose to a goal from a corner.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:23 - Apr 2 with 1739 viewsdailew

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:22 - Apr 2 by Nogginthenog

Am i watching this on slow motion, we have to up the tempo, they are there for the taking

Aye. Frustrating to watch. Hopefully PC will read them the riot act.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:23 - Apr 2 with 1739 viewsAl_Bundy

Right HT......

If we persist with this we need a Striker on the pitch being Baston or McBurnie.

Ayew and Narsingh does not work at all so we need one of them off and the other to bear down on Fabio who is on a yellow. Personally i'd like to see Baston on and Ayew pushed out wide.

Ollson is showing what is needed with his pace going forward.. we don't have this down the right at all.

Boro are poor to be honest and we are showing them far too much respect.

The longer Ayew/Narsingh goes on the more our heads will drop.

May even be worth getting Montero against Fabio !
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:24 - Apr 2 with 1724 viewsyescomeon

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:13 - Apr 2 by Nirvana

"Ayew has been very poor..."

This has been repeated many times on here but isn't true.

He has been mostly anonymous ON THE BALL during his very brief appearances, yes. As you say, I would honestly put this down to Clement not changing the gameplan enough when Ayew has been at striker.

As a winger, he has shown some deft touches, good positioning, movement and workrate, and has linked play well. He would be superb in a pass-and-move style similar to how we used to play, but does appear somewhat limited within the 'bunker' structure we've gone with under PC. He doesn't quite have the turn of pace to be a major factor on counterattacks and playing him, Siggy and Llorente as the front three saps too much pace overall from attack. But there are ways to make it all work, and hopefully we'll see some of that today.

It will be interesting to see if we focus more on possession and build-up, especially early. I am hopeful the Siggy/Ayew/Narsingh front three will be an interchangeable, free-flowing unit that attempts to replicate the best stuff Liverpools' trident pulls off.

It could turn out very poorly if Boro get an early goal and the pressure intensifies but I am optimistic about our chances. Anything less than a win is a major disappointment and threat to our survival, however.

He's not a bad player, but he's not been good enough. It's early days but we don't really have the luxury of time for him to adapt. Been very in and out of the game today. Done some good stuff but not much of it central in the final third. He's a winger not a striker imo, or one of a two, certainly not a lone striker. Not sure I see how were going to break through with things as they are. Change of personel or system at some point in the second half is needed.

Not a terrible performance first half, just not a great one.

Upthecity!

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:25 - Apr 2 with 1714 viewsLeonWasGod

Awful stuff. We look like a bunch of strangers out there. Playing right into Boro's hands with these aimless chips into the channels down the right and even more aimless crosses into a non-existent number 9.

PC's got to change this round.
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:25 - Apr 2 with 1706 viewsWxmJax

Would like to see Baston coming on for Narsingh for his poaching and put more focus on attack from those Olsson crosses, but it's not going to happen.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:25 - Apr 2 with 1696 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:23 - Apr 2 by dailew

Aye. Frustrating to watch. Hopefully PC will read them the riot act.

You'd of thought he would of done that b4 the game!

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:26 - Apr 2 with 1679 viewsJack_Kass

Looks like two sides fighting to avoid relegation.

I fell asleep for 20 minutes
[Post edited 2 Apr 2017 14:27]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:29 - Apr 2 with 1634 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:24 - Apr 2 by yescomeon

He's not a bad player, but he's not been good enough. It's early days but we don't really have the luxury of time for him to adapt. Been very in and out of the game today. Done some good stuff but not much of it central in the final third. He's a winger not a striker imo, or one of a two, certainly not a lone striker. Not sure I see how were going to break through with things as they are. Change of personel or system at some point in the second half is needed.

No way is he a striker

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:39 - Apr 2 with 1517 viewsCambJack

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:04 - Apr 2 by airedale

The manager might not be risking Llorente because we've so many games coming up.

But this is one we HAVE to win. With respect if Llorente isn't playing, we need to stop playing wide and swinging in crosses
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:40 - Apr 2 with 1512 viewsNirvana

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:24 - Apr 2 by yescomeon

I would have to agree with pretty much everything stated here. We certainly do not have time or freedom for him to adapt to our gameplan.

I hold out hope PC will alter this 4141/451 setup to more of a 433 with Cork shielding the backline and the wingers tucked in closer to Ayew in the second half. Siggy and Narsingh have both stayed too wide and Ayew has been isolated quite a bit. Fer and Carroll also need to go forward more courageously and inventively. If the midfield stays back and the widemen continue to stay out wide, it won't get much better.
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:42 - Apr 2 with 1481 viewsSmellyplumz

Someone score ffs

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:43 - Apr 2 with 1459 viewsRevJames

Are we capable of playing anyone in with a cutting through ball?

No threat in the air going forward, ponderous and lacklustre

😴
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 14:48 - Apr 2 with 1408 viewsswan65split

we desperatley need to go to plan C as the players have forgotten plan B

its getting worse;
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024