Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A fair assessment after ten games 19:12 - Oct 29 with 8104 viewsDarran

It's always said on here and probably on other clubs Forums too that you can get a fair assessment of where you are after ten games of the season.

So is it fair to say we are utter shite and are in a regulation battle?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:13 - Oct 29 with 6038 viewsJackfath

No.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:14 - Oct 29 with 6039 viewsDarran

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:13 - Oct 29 by Jackfath

No.

So we aren't currently utter shite and in a regulation battle?

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:17 - Oct 29 with 6024 viewsjack247

No. It’s fair to say it’s been an underwhelming start, made all the more frustrating by the fact we had a real opportunity to kick on in the summer and we’ve been playing negative football.

Even playing like this I doubt we will get relegated. Huddersfield are in a false position, Brighton quite likely are as well. On the flip side, so are Everton.
A fair assessment after ten games on 19:18 - Oct 29 with 6013 viewsJackfath

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:14 - Oct 29 by Darran

I don't think we are "utter" shite. I think we are struggling massively from a squad that's simply not up to it from a lack of decent investment. I think there will be three teams below us at the end of the season. However if the owners continue to think they can survive by doing the bare minimum then sooner or later we are doomed to life in the Championship. Something has to change. I was sort of hoping the Trust would instigate the changes required but I fear they're now a busted flush, sadly.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:20 - Oct 29 with 6002 viewsjack2jack

I don't think we are utter shite,we've had a few good halves of football,but not 90 mins except at Spurs,if we can get a run going of good 90 minute football were in with a shout of climbing the table.
There will be teams who tumble, it's a long hard season.Cant see Everton staying where they are tbh.
The next three games will tell us more is suspect.
Are we in a battle now,no not yet.
A fair assessment after ten games on 19:22 - Oct 29 with 5993 viewslifelong

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:14 - Oct 29 by Darran

For some reason we are utter shite at home, that has to change, yes, we are in a relegation battle.
A fair assessment after ten games on 19:25 - Oct 29 with 5973 viewsDarran

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:22 - Oct 29 by lifelong

For some reason we are utter shite at home, that has to change, yes, we are in a relegation battle.

I concur my friend.

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:29 - Oct 29 with 5952 viewsThornburyswan

For me slightly harsh but not far from the truth - we are really dull to watch, lack pace & creativity and a 'let's try not to lose' mentality under PC.

The only positives are Tammy (better than I expected) & that there are at least another 2/3 teams that are not really any better.

I'm not a huge PC fan (wasn't last year either) but he has improved our defensive structure but seems to lack any spark of creativity/inspiration so struggle to see how he'd motivate anyone - that said changing managers & their backroom squad is getting way too expensive for our limited budget.
Login to get fewer ads

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:40 - Oct 29 with 5918 viewslonglostjack

Given that we haven't really strengthened the squad with the exception of Tammy our loan player I think PC is doing the best he can. Time for him to grow a pair though and stand up to our genius Chairman. He was too Guido in the summer transfer window - I really hope he's learnt his lesson for the next one.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:41 - Oct 29 with 5910 viewsSwanjaxs

We'll beat Brighton 4-0 and go on a 15 game unbeaten run that will propel us into the top eight and eventually see us finish 6th place and a Europa league spot, unfortunately we'll be knocked out of the FA Cup in the Semi-final by Man Citeh (after extra time) ho hum 😕 ..... Paul Clement will be voted Barclays Premier League Manager of the Season and Huw Jenkins will receive a knighthood in the Queens Birthday Honours list and retire to his palatial mansion in Thailand..... if Carlsberg did scenarios.... 🍺🍺🍺🍺

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:44 - Oct 29 with 5882 viewsRancid

Get rid of the manger, simples.The squad is good enough who just need some direction and a new voice.
A fair assessment after ten games on 19:55 - Oct 29 with 5826 viewsskettyparkherbert

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:29 - Oct 29 by Thornburyswan

For me slightly harsh but not far from the truth - we are really dull to watch, lack pace & creativity and a 'let's try not to lose' mentality under PC.

The only positives are Tammy (better than I expected) & that there are at least another 2/3 teams that are not really any better.

I'm not a huge PC fan (wasn't last year either) but he has improved our defensive structure but seems to lack any spark of creativity/inspiration so struggle to see how he'd motivate anyone - that said changing managers & their backroom squad is getting way too expensive for our limited budget.

I don't think its slightly harsh at all Darran is bang on, we are shite at the moment and i can't think of 3 other teams as poor as us, just keeping it real.

When the only positives are loan players like Tammy and Sanchez we are in big trouble.

New signings, Bony, Clucas, Mesa cost circa £38 mil are poor at the mo and have not improved us.
Can we rely on Leon, Rutledge,Ki and Dyer to pull us out of the cack, hopefully but i fear not.

Next 2 home games are huge, loose them and PC is toast.
A fair assessment after ten games on 20:08 - Oct 29 with 5759 viewsTheResurrection

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:55 - Oct 29 by skettyparkherbert

I don't think its slightly harsh at all Darran is bang on, we are shite at the moment and i can't think of 3 other teams as poor as us, just keeping it real.

When the only positives are loan players like Tammy and Sanchez we are in big trouble.

New signings, Bony, Clucas, Mesa cost circa £38 mil are poor at the mo and have not improved us.
Can we rely on Leon, Rutledge,Ki and Dyer to pull us out of the cack, hopefully but i fear not.

Next 2 home games are huge, loose them and PC is toast.

As poor as us or pretty much on a par?

In no particular order

Palace
West Ham
Huddersfield
Brighton
Stoke
West Brom
Bournemouth
Newcastle

Have 8 straight off the bat.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

A fair assessment after ten games on 20:16 - Oct 29 with 5739 viewsDr_Winston

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:40 - Oct 29 by longlostjack

Given that we haven't really strengthened the squad with the exception of Tammy our loan player I think PC is doing the best he can. Time for him to grow a pair though and stand up to our genius Chairman. He was too Guido in the summer transfer window - I really hope he's learnt his lesson for the next one.

I believe Clement had far more of a say in the last window than Guidolin ever did. The lack of decent wide players and abundance of midfielders seems to be exactly the kind of system he was aiming for.

It's down to him to get a tune out of what is, on paper, a far better side than performances so far have suggested. Problem is that a negative approach is leading to negative performances, and he needs to kick himself and the squad out of that funk or it won't be long before he's replaced.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A fair assessment after ten games on 20:24 - Oct 29 with 5702 viewsskettyparkherbert

A fair assessment after ten games on 20:08 - Oct 29 by TheResurrection

As poor as us or pretty much on a par?

In no particular order

Palace
West Ham
Huddersfield
Brighton
Stoke
West Brom
Bournemouth
Newcastle

Have 8 straight off the bat.

Point taken, but did you see the fight in Palace and West Ham yesterday.

Stoke beat Watford away and Huddersfield deservedly beat Man U last week too.

West Brom fought back and only lost 3-2 to Man city where we would have folded and got battered,

Brighton and Bournemouth are up next and we will see, i hope you are right, i really do mate?
A fair assessment after ten games on 20:27 - Oct 29 with 5679 viewsZZoric

A fair assessment after ten games on 20:16 - Oct 29 by Dr_Winston

I believe Clement had far more of a say in the last window than Guidolin ever did. The lack of decent wide players and abundance of midfielders seems to be exactly the kind of system he was aiming for.

It's down to him to get a tune out of what is, on paper, a far better side than performances so far have suggested. Problem is that a negative approach is leading to negative performances, and he needs to kick himself and the squad out of that funk or it won't be long before he's replaced.

yes, however kicking himself and the squad is our only realistic option - a new manager is unlikely to sweat more than PC did out of this particular asset - as u say an asset greater than last year's season-saving asset

an astute sounding board could be the answer - Ancelotti for an injection of objective assessment is such the no-brainer
A fair assessment after ten games on 20:38 - Oct 29 with 5643 viewswestwalesed

Anyone who thinks we are not in a relegation battle is completely deluded.

WE are in a false position, as are other teams. If we hadn't played Palace when we did we'd have lost against them too.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

A fair assessment after ten games on 20:39 - Oct 29 with 5634 viewsTheResurrection

A fair assessment after ten games on 20:24 - Oct 29 by skettyparkherbert

Point taken, but did you see the fight in Palace and West Ham yesterday.

Stoke beat Watford away and Huddersfield deservedly beat Man U last week too.

West Brom fought back and only lost 3-2 to Man city where we would have folded and got battered,

Brighton and Bournemouth are up next and we will see, i hope you are right, i really do mate?

No but neither did you, did you? We probably saw the exact same 2 minutes of that game from Match of the Day.

We've played West Ham and we know there's nothing in that team to be afraid of or to think they are better. We've played and beaten Palace and the only difference there is Zaha, who I think is world class on his day, but there's a lot of pressure on his shoulders as they're a very average side.

Stoke beat Watford away but lost at home to Bournemouth. I hope people are not going to highlight random victories and pass them off as their standard. You wouldn't do that for the Swans, weird as it is considering you're supposed to be a supporter of us.

West Brom have won 3 times since February I think I heard yesterday - that is seriously worrying. Did we fold against Arsenal yesterday or Spurs? Strange you're so down on the team you're supposed to love.

Its all a bit doom and gloom innit. Shake yourself out of it FFS and get behind the Swans.

You're from Sketty, not Boscombe or Burselm or Birmingham, fack em all.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

A fair assessment after ten games on 20:51 - Oct 29 with 5598 viewsskettyparkherbert

A fair assessment after ten games on 20:39 - Oct 29 by TheResurrection

No but neither did you, did you? We probably saw the exact same 2 minutes of that game from Match of the Day.

We've played West Ham and we know there's nothing in that team to be afraid of or to think they are better. We've played and beaten Palace and the only difference there is Zaha, who I think is world class on his day, but there's a lot of pressure on his shoulders as they're a very average side.

Stoke beat Watford away but lost at home to Bournemouth. I hope people are not going to highlight random victories and pass them off as their standard. You wouldn't do that for the Swans, weird as it is considering you're supposed to be a supporter of us.

West Brom have won 3 times since February I think I heard yesterday - that is seriously worrying. Did we fold against Arsenal yesterday or Spurs? Strange you're so down on the team you're supposed to love.

Its all a bit doom and gloom innit. Shake yourself out of it FFS and get behind the Swans.

You're from Sketty, not Boscombe or Burselm or Birmingham, fack em all.

I can't help it mate, this is the worst i have felt for many years (more than 40)

We can spurt out all the stats we see fit but this is just a gut feeling many of us have, one thing for sure is i will shake myself out of it and will be there the next game supporting our team.

Point of order, Im from Sketty Park not Sketty, huge difference my friend.
A fair assessment after ten games on 20:55 - Oct 29 with 5573 viewsTheKirkyLife

- Definitely in a relegation scrap until January at least. Need to pick up another three wins in the next two months at least.
- Clement is a problem but not the biggest problem. Should stick with the system he wants (3-5-2) than trying to cater to the fans.
- Jenkins/Owners not releasing enough cash to move upwards and out of danger.
- Abraham, Fernandez and Fabianski having excellent seasons, looks like Ki is up for it as well.
- Naughton, Mawson, Olsson, Sanches, Clucas all incredibly disappointing in different ways.

We deserve to be teetering on the edge of the drop zone after ten games. Not the end of the world just yet though as, in truth, had it not been for Naughton we'd have walked away from Arsenal with something.
A fair assessment after ten games on 20:58 - Oct 29 with 5554 viewsTheResurrection

A fair assessment after ten games on 20:51 - Oct 29 by skettyparkherbert

I can't help it mate, this is the worst i have felt for many years (more than 40)

We can spurt out all the stats we see fit but this is just a gut feeling many of us have, one thing for sure is i will shake myself out of it and will be there the next game supporting our team.

Point of order, Im from Sketty Park not Sketty, huge difference my friend.

Yes, I know. Point taken .

A fair assessment after ten games on 21:08 - Oct 29 with 5525 viewsKingBony

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:20 - Oct 29 by jack2jack

I don't think we are utter shite,we've had a few good halves of football,but not 90 mins except at Spurs,if we can get a run going of good 90 minute football were in with a shout of climbing the table.
There will be teams who tumble, it's a long hard season.Cant see Everton staying where they are tbh.
The next three games will tell us more is suspect.
Are we in a battle now,no not yet.

See I think we are in a relegation battle after 10 games.

What makes you think we’ll play any better than we have up to this point?

We’re on course for 30 / 31 points as things stand, we didn’t exactly have a difficult start either really so even low thirties could be a problem.

Couple of wins on the bounce paints a different picture of course and I wish I could be more positive but if nothing significantly changes in terms of how we are setting up (particularly at home) and personnel I’m struggling to see how we’ll get lucky this season.

Hope I’m wrong.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

A fair assessment after ten games on 21:09 - Oct 29 with 5520 viewsZZoric

A fair assessment after ten games on 20:55 - Oct 29 by TheKirkyLife

- Definitely in a relegation scrap until January at least. Need to pick up another three wins in the next two months at least.
- Clement is a problem but not the biggest problem. Should stick with the system he wants (3-5-2) than trying to cater to the fans.
- Jenkins/Owners not releasing enough cash to move upwards and out of danger.
- Abraham, Fernandez and Fabianski having excellent seasons, looks like Ki is up for it as well.
- Naughton, Mawson, Olsson, Sanches, Clucas all incredibly disappointing in different ways.

We deserve to be teetering on the edge of the drop zone after ten games. Not the end of the world just yet though as, in truth, had it not been for Naughton we'd have walked away from Arsenal with something.

quite right - his away set-up - as per arsenal - could well be a winning formula, away or home

we had a system that the team clearly believed in - which is massive - belief is huge

impact players could be the key - Dyer / Bony (yeah, pricey impact but......) / Narsingh / Olly - precisely as per arsenal

maybe, just maybe PC has a plan.....believe
A fair assessment after ten games on 21:16 - Oct 29 with 5505 viewsdobjack2

At present I don’t think clement knows his best team or attacking plan.

Not helped by a lack of pace and creativity in the side, a late transfer window and bony not achieving fitness.

Not a good start but still time to put it right.
A fair assessment after ten games on 21:18 - Oct 29 with 5492 viewsjackrabbit

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:17 - Oct 29 by jack247

No. It’s fair to say it’s been an underwhelming start, made all the more frustrating by the fact we had a real opportunity to kick on in the summer and we’ve been playing negative football.

Even playing like this I doubt we will get relegated. Huddersfield are in a false position, Brighton quite likely are as well. On the flip side, so are Everton.

I'm afraid I'm a trifle less confident. The team has no pace and no creativity. Tammy is top drawer but he's feeding off scraps. His pass for Clucas's goal yesterday was top class. Why don't we see more passes of that quality from Ayew, Ki, Britton, Mesa, Carroll, Sanches? Tammy could score a lot of goals for us if we could only create the opportunities.

The other worrying factor is that, out of 10 games played, only 3 of them have been against 'Top6' teams from which we have gleaned just 1 point. So 5 of the Top 6 still have to visit the Liberty where we have lost 4 games thus far. Yes it's still early days and we're still outside the drop zone, but we can't afford to keep losing, especially at home. Brighton and Bournemouth both look better than us currently. Apart from that, I'm not worried!

Can we pull something out of the hat again this season? We'll see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024