Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway slams R's fans 22:02 - Nov 27 with 30357 viewsDieByYourSide

And do you know what? He's absolutely right. We're in a proper tight spot as a club and need to rally around the team. Yes Brentford are better at football than us, that's quite clear but booing at 1-0 down is f*cking pathetic. Can't fault this team for effort and they've shown us that again tonight. Get behind the boys.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Holloway slams R's fans on 08:52 - Nov 28 with 3081 viewsNorthernr

Holloway slams R's fans on 08:51 - Nov 28 by paulparker

Really,
everytime he got the ball he hoofed it , his heading was powder puff and his "defending/marking" for the first goal was insult to schoolboys and how they defend

Yeh I thought Baptiste was poor - Robinson covering the full width of the pitch covering for him and Cousins at times. Don't understand why he's standing two yards off their bloke for the first goal and letting him turn.
Holloway slams R's fans on 08:53 - Nov 28 with 3075 viewsozexile

Holloway slams R's fans on 08:51 - Nov 28 by paulparker

Really,
everytime he got the ball he hoofed it , his heading was powder puff and his "defending/marking" for the first goal was insult to schoolboys and how they defend

Yeah I honestly thought for a player who cost nothing he done alright. Fully committed, cleared his lines etc.
Holloway slams R's fans on 08:57 - Nov 28 with 3057 viewsWestbourneR

Holloway slams R's fans on 08:52 - Nov 28 by Northernr

Yeh I thought Baptiste was poor - Robinson covering the full width of the pitch covering for him and Cousins at times. Don't understand why he's standing two yards off their bloke for the first goal and letting him turn.

Having started well he was well off the boil last night.

Btw Northern I agree with what you’re saying about fans ‘outrage’ at Holloway’s comments when we dish it out whenever we like - but I’ve got to say after an overall performance like that I think Ollie needs to wind it in. He said we were good! That annoyed me more. The level of football is so low. Take the pass and move for Brentford’s second - we literally never play move like that.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Holloway slams R's fans on 08:59 - Nov 28 with 3047 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Holloway slams R's fans on 08:52 - Nov 28 by Northernr

Robinson was excellent. I also thought that his pace meant he did far more of the covering work. I thought Baptiste was ok but got caught flat-footed for a split second for their first goal. Unfortunately for defenders, goals conceded is what you get judged on. Similarly, Robinson's lack of experience at centre-back showed when he dropped back and allowed Vibe to drop short unattended for the second goal. He nearly recovered with a block, but split-seconds kill you.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Holloway slams R's fans on 09:03 - Nov 28 with 3016 viewsozexile

Good, we're back debating football.
Holloway slams R's fans on 09:05 - Nov 28 with 3008 viewsflitwickhoop

For what it's worth, I left after Brentford went two up. Absolutely gutted I missed it but it's my fault, I think Olly has every right to say what he has.

However at the time I couldn't see us scoring if the game went on for the rest of the year, it was a Monday night, it was freezing, it takes me 90 minutes to get home and I didn't want to stick around to here Brentford sing 'you're getting sacked in the morning' 'west london is ours' etc

I wasn't at Derby in 2010 and if I was I would have left early then and learnt my lesson. Unfortunately I didn't so I'll now be staying to the bitter end going forward
Holloway slams R's fans on 09:08 - Nov 28 with 2986 viewsNW5Hoop

Holloway slams R's fans on 08:57 - Nov 28 by WestbourneR

Having started well he was well off the boil last night.

Btw Northern I agree with what you’re saying about fans ‘outrage’ at Holloway’s comments when we dish it out whenever we like - but I’ve got to say after an overall performance like that I think Ollie needs to wind it in. He said we were good! That annoyed me more. The level of football is so low. Take the pass and move for Brentford’s second - we literally never play move like that.

The thing is, most of us don't demand he be sacked, or shout abuse, or give him any stick. But once in a while, when it's bloody freezing and we're playing badly and it's another terrible London derby on TV and I've got my kid with me and we're both bored rigid … it just doesn't seem worth it to stay. I could stay 100 times at 2-0 down and see it finish 2-0. Or 3-0. Or 4-0. I don't begrudge him thanking the fans who stayed, and saying he's glad the the team gave them something back. But I hate it when people try to make divisions between "true" fans and those not worthy. We all support the team in our own way; there isn't a right way or a wrong way. I go to every home game — not so many away games because it always looks like a hiding to nothing, and I feel like I'm working seven days a week — and I don't think anyone who gets well paid to manage a football team, especially one in difficulties as we are, has the right to call out people who are there through it all, not giving up because the times are thin.
Holloway slams R's fans on 09:24 - Nov 28 with 2919 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Our support has been decreasing over the past few years - probably down to a core of between 10k and 12k now
Bit silly of Holloway to have a go at say half (5k or 6k) of our fans that had left the ground
Login to get fewer ads

Holloway slams R's fans on 09:29 - Nov 28 with 2899 viewsA40Bosh

Holloway slams R's fans on 08:59 - Nov 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Robinson was excellent. I also thought that his pace meant he did far more of the covering work. I thought Baptiste was ok but got caught flat-footed for a split second for their first goal. Unfortunately for defenders, goals conceded is what you get judged on. Similarly, Robinson's lack of experience at centre-back showed when he dropped back and allowed Vibe to drop short unattended for the second goal. He nearly recovered with a block, but split-seconds kill you.

Bri, I think Bapiste across the whole 95mins was actually no worse than Robinson and Robinson also got mugged at least twice high up the pitch that lead to one on ones and could have meant we were further down that 2 by the time 90mins were up. Unfortunately I think that Baptiste is always going to be one of those players who is as good as his next mistake. Some get afforded much more slack than others. That is not to say that Baptiste was actually good last night, he wasn't as good as I have seen him play more recently, but I don't think Robinson comes out that much better.

Now on to Ollie and his emotional outburst. He was 100% correct in what he was saying..........end of.........................

But he shouldn't have said it.

Had we lost 2-0 would he have been berating the early leavers and taunting them and staring down the camera at them - no, I very much doubt it.

So, let's for a minute get this thread down the Crown and Sceptre sat around the table with Ollie and let's give him a voice in response to some of the reasons we have read on here. What would Ollie be saying to some of these reasons

"It was cold last night and the football was dire" - "It's bloody November matey, and we ain't in the Bahamas, so what was you expecting. So get a pair a thermals on ya that might stop you from actually freezing to death for an extra 5-6mins of supporting your team, because "QPR fans are special" and are "the team's 12th man" and if the 12th man leaves and my players see 'em leave then that aint gonna help them is it!!!"

"People have work the next day and have to get home" - "So how come they don't have to leave at half time and why does that 5mins and going to work next morning suddenly become so precious when the team is 2-0 down. Wouldn't you rather be slightly more tired next morning but happy knowing that you stayed and helped your team pull back a great comeback?"

"I prefer to leave ahead of the oppo mob cos I can't stand listening to them singing their smug heads off" - "Well had you stayed and shouted on your team you could have been walking down SAR singing "2 -0 and you FCUKKED it UP " at 'em instead"

And I could go on, but I am sure you get my point. I am not digging out individuals here, just using some posts to give Ollie the voice I suspect he might have if he were on here or in front of us listening to our "reasons" for leaving.

My take on where he is coming from is that you are either going to a football match to "watch a game of football" or you are going to Loftus Road to "support your team" and I if we expect our players to leave everything they have on the pitch then why should we expect any less of the 12th Man in the surrounding stands.

Whilst Ollie was wrong to blurt out what he did, we all know he is an emotional old soul but I can guarantee you that week in week out, season in season out, there are elements of our 12th Man who verbally abuse the management team, the team, individual players and other fans on the turn of a sixpence, even during the relatively good years of promotion, the minute someone screwed up they got it hot and hard from some elements - and that must get to managers and players because they are expected to be immune from it because they earn a lot of money.

QPR weren't lucky last night, we battled our way to a comeback which was deserved because it was 1- 0 until the 81st minute and at 2-0 we didn't give up, we kept pushing, but at 2-0 down it is a case of are we watching a game of football or supporting our team to the bitter end. Ollie would argue that his players now never give up until the whistle blows so why should elements of the 12th man not do the same?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Holloway slams R's fans on 09:31 - Nov 28 with 2888 viewsBlue_Castello

Holloway slams R's fans on 08:59 - Nov 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed - The main problem IMO is we currently don't have the right players to be playing three at the back with wing backs and it shows in every game. What position was Cousins supposed to be playing last night it looked like wing back in the first half and right back in the second, either way he is currently not good enough for either position. Cousins is a liability in any defensive support role because he just looks out of his depth, he gave virtually no useful support to the back three and in that way put extra pressure on Bidwell, Robinson and Baptiste.

On the subject of leaving early is it such a crime, we had sat through 89 minutes of Brentford giving us a football lesson whilst we chased them around the park, maybe Ollie saw it differently. For my sins I did leave early I had been suffering with a fecking cold all week but made the effort to support my team, how about moaning about the people who didn't even turn up, it was a piss poor crowd for a derby match. I had just had enough of hearing the Brentford fans celebrating and the chance to beat the rush going home, more fool me I know because I would have loved to have seen the equaliser,

At the end of day we lost out by leaving early but the result and issue just seems to mask the current deficiencies with the team, hopefully some of the injured players will be back soon and we can improve defensively, we are currently looking too much like relegation candidates.

I'm still backing Ollie even though I don't agree with all of his selections or tactics, what the man gives us is true passion for our team and I can understand his sentiments, he's also managed to put together a team who work hard and don't give up something we've been missing.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 9:37]
Holloway slams R's fans on 09:32 - Nov 28 with 2884 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Holloway slams R's fans on 09:29 - Nov 28 by A40Bosh

Bri, I think Bapiste across the whole 95mins was actually no worse than Robinson and Robinson also got mugged at least twice high up the pitch that lead to one on ones and could have meant we were further down that 2 by the time 90mins were up. Unfortunately I think that Baptiste is always going to be one of those players who is as good as his next mistake. Some get afforded much more slack than others. That is not to say that Baptiste was actually good last night, he wasn't as good as I have seen him play more recently, but I don't think Robinson comes out that much better.

Now on to Ollie and his emotional outburst. He was 100% correct in what he was saying..........end of.........................

But he shouldn't have said it.

Had we lost 2-0 would he have been berating the early leavers and taunting them and staring down the camera at them - no, I very much doubt it.

So, let's for a minute get this thread down the Crown and Sceptre sat around the table with Ollie and let's give him a voice in response to some of the reasons we have read on here. What would Ollie be saying to some of these reasons

"It was cold last night and the football was dire" - "It's bloody November matey, and we ain't in the Bahamas, so what was you expecting. So get a pair a thermals on ya that might stop you from actually freezing to death for an extra 5-6mins of supporting your team, because "QPR fans are special" and are "the team's 12th man" and if the 12th man leaves and my players see 'em leave then that aint gonna help them is it!!!"

"People have work the next day and have to get home" - "So how come they don't have to leave at half time and why does that 5mins and going to work next morning suddenly become so precious when the team is 2-0 down. Wouldn't you rather be slightly more tired next morning but happy knowing that you stayed and helped your team pull back a great comeback?"

"I prefer to leave ahead of the oppo mob cos I can't stand listening to them singing their smug heads off" - "Well had you stayed and shouted on your team you could have been walking down SAR singing "2 -0 and you FCUKKED it UP " at 'em instead"

And I could go on, but I am sure you get my point. I am not digging out individuals here, just using some posts to give Ollie the voice I suspect he might have if he were on here or in front of us listening to our "reasons" for leaving.

My take on where he is coming from is that you are either going to a football match to "watch a game of football" or you are going to Loftus Road to "support your team" and I if we expect our players to leave everything they have on the pitch then why should we expect any less of the 12th Man in the surrounding stands.

Whilst Ollie was wrong to blurt out what he did, we all know he is an emotional old soul but I can guarantee you that week in week out, season in season out, there are elements of our 12th Man who verbally abuse the management team, the team, individual players and other fans on the turn of a sixpence, even during the relatively good years of promotion, the minute someone screwed up they got it hot and hard from some elements - and that must get to managers and players because they are expected to be immune from it because they earn a lot of money.

QPR weren't lucky last night, we battled our way to a comeback which was deserved because it was 1- 0 until the 81st minute and at 2-0 we didn't give up, we kept pushing, but at 2-0 down it is a case of are we watching a game of football or supporting our team to the bitter end. Ollie would argue that his players now never give up until the whistle blows so why should elements of the 12th man not do the same?

"Bri, I think Bapiste across the whole 95mins was actually no worse than Robinson and Robinson also got mugged at least twice high up the pitch that lead to one on ones and could have meant we were further down that 2 by the time 90mins were up. Unfortunately I think that Baptiste is always going to be one of those players who is as good as his next mistake. Some get afforded much more slack than others. That is not to say that Baptiste was actually good last night, he wasn't as good as I have seen him play more recently, but I don't think Robinson comes out that much better."

Very fair points, Bosh.

Holloway slams R's fans on 09:37 - Nov 28 with 2859 viewsA40Bosh

Holloway slams R's fans on 09:32 - Nov 28 by BrianMcCarthy

"Bri, I think Bapiste across the whole 95mins was actually no worse than Robinson and Robinson also got mugged at least twice high up the pitch that lead to one on ones and could have meant we were further down that 2 by the time 90mins were up. Unfortunately I think that Baptiste is always going to be one of those players who is as good as his next mistake. Some get afforded much more slack than others. That is not to say that Baptiste was actually good last night, he wasn't as good as I have seen him play more recently, but I don't think Robinson comes out that much better."

Very fair points, Bosh.

Which leads on to a positive Brian.
How good were a couple of those saves from Smithies last night?
Time and time again he keeps the score down and that overhand save in the first half was great, but that save where he got his hand down to stop the deflected shot at near on point blank range was incredible reflexes and strength to beat it away. I would have stuggled to have kept that one out myself TBH

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Holloway slams R's fans on 09:37 - Nov 28 with 2846 viewstoboboly

Holloway slams R's fans on 09:05 - Nov 28 by flitwickhoop

For what it's worth, I left after Brentford went two up. Absolutely gutted I missed it but it's my fault, I think Olly has every right to say what he has.

However at the time I couldn't see us scoring if the game went on for the rest of the year, it was a Monday night, it was freezing, it takes me 90 minutes to get home and I didn't want to stick around to here Brentford sing 'you're getting sacked in the morning' 'west london is ours' etc

I wasn't at Derby in 2010 and if I was I would have left early then and learnt my lesson. Unfortunately I didn't so I'll now be staying to the bitter end going forward

I was at Derby, always happy that I chose a later train and so had no reason to leave early! Same with last night, stayed cos there was nowt else to do and glad I did.

Anyone remember a similar escape in '08 against Preston i think? Blackstock and an inspired Ainsworth rescuing a point for us with two super late goals? Didn't leave early for that one either.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Holloway slams R's fans on 09:40 - Nov 28 with 2832 viewsNortholt_Rs

Holloway slams R's fans on 04:44 - Nov 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Why are we allowed to call him Hollowhead and Mr Useless but he’s not allowed a really mild criticism of us?

Because we don’t do it on national television?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Holloway slams R's fans on 09:40 - Nov 28 with 2830 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Holloway slams R's fans on 09:37 - Nov 28 by A40Bosh

Which leads on to a positive Brian.
How good were a couple of those saves from Smithies last night?
Time and time again he keeps the score down and that overhand save in the first half was great, but that save where he got his hand down to stop the deflected shot at near on point blank range was incredible reflexes and strength to beat it away. I would have stuggled to have kept that one out myself TBH

I thought both saves were brilliant.

I think that sometimes he gets a bit too much praise from the "if it wasn't for Smithies we'd have lost 9-0 brigade" and sometimes the goals we concede don't get analysed enough from his point of view, but there's no doubt he's a realy top goalie and in great form at the moment.

Holloway slams R's fans on 09:42 - Nov 28 with 2817 viewsNortholt_Rs

Holloway slams R's fans on 09:08 - Nov 28 by NW5Hoop

The thing is, most of us don't demand he be sacked, or shout abuse, or give him any stick. But once in a while, when it's bloody freezing and we're playing badly and it's another terrible London derby on TV and I've got my kid with me and we're both bored rigid … it just doesn't seem worth it to stay. I could stay 100 times at 2-0 down and see it finish 2-0. Or 3-0. Or 4-0. I don't begrudge him thanking the fans who stayed, and saying he's glad the the team gave them something back. But I hate it when people try to make divisions between "true" fans and those not worthy. We all support the team in our own way; there isn't a right way or a wrong way. I go to every home game — not so many away games because it always looks like a hiding to nothing, and I feel like I'm working seven days a week — and I don't think anyone who gets well paid to manage a football team, especially one in difficulties as we are, has the right to call out people who are there through it all, not giving up because the times are thin.

Great post.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Holloway slams R's fans on 09:49 - Nov 28 with 2782 viewsNorthernr

I'd agree with that too.
Holloway slams R's fans on 10:27 - Nov 28 with 2647 viewsqprphil

I think some fans leave early for different reasons, I'm a QPR follower and have been for 60 yrs, although I no longer attend games. I go to a local side in Kent, and come November I always leave @16-45 no matter what. My bus leaves @16-50, and if I miss that one, I have to stand in the cold for the next 40 mins before the next bus comes. I stay until the final whistle Aug, Sept, Oct, or if it's not too cold. I don't know about other peoples circumstances.
Holloway slams R's fans on 10:29 - Nov 28 with 2644 viewstoboboly

Holloway slams R's fans on 09:37 - Nov 28 by toboboly

I was at Derby, always happy that I chose a later train and so had no reason to leave early! Same with last night, stayed cos there was nowt else to do and glad I did.

Anyone remember a similar escape in '08 against Preston i think? Blackstock and an inspired Ainsworth rescuing a point for us with two super late goals? Didn't leave early for that one either.

Found it!

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/memory-match-qpr-v-pne-ap

Can't find a video though.

edit: found a crap one;

[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 10:42]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Holloway slams R's fans on 10:32 - Nov 28 with 2636 viewsJohnMcCo

The more you look at the video the worse it looks but I don't think that Holloway is being aggressive, but rather that he is making a crap stab at sincerity.

Also, lots of people on here are taking it very personally but I really don't think they should, there will always be people who leave early for all sorts of reasons, especially on a cold Monday evening but it was the sheer numbers that left that was so jarring. When we scored the first I had a quick look around and it looked like 75% of people had gone, certainly you could count those in the Q block on one hand. 20 minutes earlier they were singing "Your support is facking shite" towards the Brentford fans.

I love the poster who suggests we should get Holloway down the Crown and Sceptre so we can have a good debate about the rights and wrongs, great work!
Holloway slams R's fans on 10:41 - Nov 28 with 2608 viewspaulparker

Holloway slams R's fans on 10:29 - Nov 28 by toboboly

Found it!

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/memory-match-qpr-v-pne-ap

Can't find a video though.

edit: found a crap one;

[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 10:42]

i left early that game , it was a rare occasion I actually went with the old man and he always used to leave on 85 minutes to beat the rush getting out of the stadium
we were dire and when we left we got to the car and heard the roar and we was halfway up the western avenue when a mate called to say we got the equalizer, I was gutted and we copped a load of stick later on in the pub that night

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Holloway slams R's fans on 11:11 - Nov 28 with 2555 viewsqprxtc

No problem with Holloway from me. He can be as peed off about it as he wants. Because in the end we didn’t lose.

I stormed off at 2-0 and this has become a regular occurrence in recent years after never, ever leaving early but I’m tired of staying in the ground watching the away end celebrate and taking the mick. It happens a lot.

But it was my choice to leave and I was a gutted when I got to the Pav and found out. Just means I have to stay to the bitter end from now on.

My dad stopped me from leaving in the 5-5 with Newcastle. ‘You’ve paid your money, so stay to the end. You never know’
Holloway slams R's fans on 11:41 - Nov 28 with 2504 viewsdaveB

You can be sure those angry about these comments would have been the first to slate the team for giving up had we lost 2-0.

Holloway was right in what he said, I think considering the injuries we played pretty well last night bar the last 5 mins of the first half and first 5 of the second, a draw was a pretty fair result. They took their chances we missed loads again
Holloway slams R's fans on 11:45 - Nov 28 with 2485 viewsdaveB

It's very thin skinned though for fans to get upset about it, I'm sure he'll apologise in the next few days but he had a point, not just about those leaving early but all night it was a white flag waving crowd, very little support, groans every time the ball was given away. Too many turned up last night expecting to lose and showed nowhere near the kind of fight and never say die attitude that the players are showing
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 11:46]
Holloway slams R's fans on 11:45 - Nov 28 with 2483 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I've mentioned this story before on here, but we played Doncaster away a few seasons ago and got into an altercation with some coked up Neanderthal behind me because he was screaming loyal supporters at anyone who dared leave on 91 minutes when we was 2-0 down. I nearly got a clump for my troubles.

There was about 150 people there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024