Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of season do - £65!! 17:59 - Mar 19 with 49089 viewsChaffRAFC

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/march/event-gala-dinner--awards-night/

Utterly ludicrous in my book. Bollocks to a meal and all that stuff.

Very good chance this will be the end of season do after a relegation from League One!

Genuinely hope nobody goes in the hope that the club finally take a step back and look at the decisions they make!

And they wonder why I think "Team Rochdale" is dead.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

End of season do - £65!! on 13:37 - Mar 22 with 4205 viewsBarryStrange

End of season do - £65!! on 12:51 - Mar 22 by judd

Besides, if we wreck our toasters, what will we put our kids beans on?

You been putting your kids' beans on the toaster?

Always used the microwave for the beans myself.
End of season do - £65!! on 13:46 - Mar 22 with 4169 viewsjudd

End of season do - £65!! on 13:37 - Mar 22 by BarryStrange

You been putting your kids' beans on the toaster?

Always used the microwave for the beans myself.

Actually we do use grilled bread which the kids now refer to as beans carriages are toast.

Poll: What is it to be then?

End of season do - £65!! on 13:54 - Mar 22 with 4150 viewsTVOS1907

End of season do - £65!! on 12:55 - Mar 22 by judd

YOU DON'T HAVE BREAD WITH BEANS ON FOOKIN' TOAST.

Do you?

You’d struggle to make toast without bread, tbf.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

End of season do - £65!! on 13:55 - Mar 22 with 4146 viewsTVOS1907

End of season do - £65!! on 12:55 - Mar 22 by rochdale_ranger

Yes they will.

Ok.

End of season do - £65!! on 13:57 - Mar 22 with 4138 viewsjudd

End of season do - £65!! on 13:54 - Mar 22 by TVOS1907

You’d struggle to make toast without bread, tbf.

Oh.

End of season do - £65!! on 14:03 - Mar 22 with 4132 viewsChaffRAFC

End of season do - £65!! on 11:36 - Mar 22 by kiwidale

well that media whore ChaffRAFC is in the frame according to the link

I absolutely didn't want anything in any press. Not guilty in the slightest.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

End of season do - £65!! on 14:09 - Mar 22 with 4124 viewsTTNYear

Just a quick post script to all this. When I had the pleasure of organising the end of season bash, and on the first time of organising it we sat down with messers Hill and Flitcroft, and the trust wanted to make it a more formal occasion, but was pursuaded not to, as sometime in that year (and forgive me here because I have forgotten the chaps name), one of the trainers/backroom staff tragically died. They had a successful bash in the Dale Bar for him earlier in the season and Hill and Flicker wanted the end of season do to be like that. Since then we kept to that blue print, and I'd say on the whole they have been quite successful.

Like many have said on here I'm not adverse to the idea of a formal do, but taking the awards night away from the average/working class fan or whatever Rochdale ranger is, isn't right in my opinion. Especially those who have travelled the length and breadth of the country, on Tuesday nights in the wind and the rain, never mind the kids. That said it probably does need freshening up but we are blessed with facilities, although they do need renovating, that can cater for this type of function.

I suggest baby steps to change on this one. I just hope whoever is in charge of the do this season ensures that it goes well and it doesn't fall on it's arse.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 14:11]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

End of season do - £65!! on 14:16 - Mar 22 with 4092 viewskel

End of season do - £65!! on 14:09 - Mar 22 by TTNYear

Just a quick post script to all this. When I had the pleasure of organising the end of season bash, and on the first time of organising it we sat down with messers Hill and Flitcroft, and the trust wanted to make it a more formal occasion, but was pursuaded not to, as sometime in that year (and forgive me here because I have forgotten the chaps name), one of the trainers/backroom staff tragically died. They had a successful bash in the Dale Bar for him earlier in the season and Hill and Flicker wanted the end of season do to be like that. Since then we kept to that blue print, and I'd say on the whole they have been quite successful.

Like many have said on here I'm not adverse to the idea of a formal do, but taking the awards night away from the average/working class fan or whatever Rochdale ranger is, isn't right in my opinion. Especially those who have travelled the length and breadth of the country, on Tuesday nights in the wind and the rain, never mind the kids. That said it probably does need freshening up but we are blessed with facilities, although they do need renovating, that can cater for this type of function.

I suggest baby steps to change on this one. I just hope whoever is in charge of the do this season ensures that it goes well and it doesn't fall on it's arse.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 14:11]

Ooooh you’ve just reminded me of my dislike for Kallum Higginbotham mentioning the Paul Conway do.

I’m reet bitter today.
Login to get fewer ads

End of season do - £65!! on 14:48 - Mar 22 with 4022 viewsfitzochris

End of season do - £65!! on 11:07 - Mar 22 by SandyDrum

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/rochdale-en

Horrendous, lazy journalism. Taking info already in the public domain and knitting it together with no effort to get an original follow up.

Why not seek an interview with a Trust spokesperson and the Chairman? Because that would take fookin' effort, that's why.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

End of season do - £65!! on 14:54 - Mar 22 with 3997 viewsjudd

End of season do - £65!! on 14:48 - Mar 22 by fitzochris

Horrendous, lazy journalism. Taking info already in the public domain and knitting it together with no effort to get an original follow up.

Why not seek an interview with a Trust spokesperson and the Chairman? Because that would take fookin' effort, that's why.

I would hope they will let it lie now and not get the Trust involved. They will have enough on their plate, including beans on toast.

You are right,though, in that they have not researched all the facts surrounding how the event was to be set up, what it celebrated etc.

End of season do - £65!! on 15:28 - Mar 22 with 3931 viewsfitzochris

End of season do - £65!! on 14:54 - Mar 22 by judd

I would hope they will let it lie now and not get the Trust involved. They will have enough on their plate, including beans on toast.

You are right,though, in that they have not researched all the facts surrounding how the event was to be set up, what it celebrated etc.

Oh aye, the fact that it's a story in the first place is laughable, but if they were going to run with it, they should've done it properly.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

End of season do - £65!! on 15:44 - Mar 22 with 3895 viewsKenBoon

End of season do - £65!! on 14:48 - Mar 22 by fitzochris

That's the modern way. Lift any old guff from social media or forums, paste into a few paragraphs. Clickbait title. Jobs a gooden.
End of season do - £65!! on 17:25 - Mar 22 with 3725 viewsShun

End of season do - £65!! on 11:50 - Mar 22 by rochdale_ranger

How fooking utterly tinpot does this make us look as fans. Anybody celebrating this being in the MEN needs to jump in the bath with the toaster. People will read this and think “shithole Rochdale, their fans won’t even pay sixty odd quid to attend a three course meal and awards event” I’m more embarrassed by this then the fans bickering and fighting amongst themselves at Bradford and Oldham away.

I must admit I thought the same when I read that article. The fans shouldn’t be culpable though, as fitzo said that is a terrible article. I wouldn’t be surprised if they deliberately didn’t want to speak to the Trust or the club because ‘Rochdale fans are cantankerous cheapos’ is a more appealing angle than the truth of the matter.

The article doesn’t make us look great but that’s down to cynical or lazy journalism. The reality is that, whether we agreed with the gala or not, we should all be proud that fan power still holds so much sway at this club - the fans objected to something and within 24 hours the club caved/listened - and that alone is such a vital tool to hold on to.
End of season do - £65!! on 17:45 - Mar 22 with 3690 viewsD_Alien

End of season do - £65!! on 17:25 - Mar 22 by Shun

I must admit I thought the same when I read that article. The fans shouldn’t be culpable though, as fitzo said that is a terrible article. I wouldn’t be surprised if they deliberately didn’t want to speak to the Trust or the club because ‘Rochdale fans are cantankerous cheapos’ is a more appealing angle than the truth of the matter.

The article doesn’t make us look great but that’s down to cynical or lazy journalism. The reality is that, whether we agreed with the gala or not, we should all be proud that fan power still holds so much sway at this club - the fans objected to something and within 24 hours the club caved/listened - and that alone is such a vital tool to hold on to.

That's an excellent point you make, Shun

If only they'd listen to us, consult where necessary - not over everything but definitely over those aspects of club business that are about the fans. And if the End of Season Awards, featuring several fan-donated awards, isn't for fans (as opposed to businessmen) i don't know what is

You also know about professionalism. You and your colleagues are professionals, along with many other people who count themselves as fans. You don't need lessons in how to be professional, or what constitutes a more professional approach, as the retraction by the club seems to imply. How disrespectful that is, to people who take their professionalism to work every day without making a big deal about it

[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 17:46]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

End of season do - £65!! on 18:56 - Mar 22 with 3551 viewsrochdale_ranger

End of season do - £65!! on 17:25 - Mar 22 by Shun

That’s what anyone would think. I’m not arrogant or self centred Im just cynical and realistic. The point about the club handing out awards in other people’s names being out of order is a good one all the other ones about why the gala event was a bad idea are not. Out of interest is anybody still going to go the awards do if we get relegated and after all the furore surrounding the cancelled one?
End of season do - £65!! on 00:03 - Mar 23 with 3352 viewsThacks_Rabbits

End of season do - £65!! on 18:56 - Mar 22 by rochdale_ranger

That’s what anyone would think. I’m not arrogant or self centred Im just cynical and realistic. The point about the club handing out awards in other people’s names being out of order is a good one all the other ones about why the gala event was a bad idea are not. Out of interest is anybody still going to go the awards do if we get relegated and after all the furore surrounding the cancelled one?

You come across as an absolute bellend in every post. You may be a troll or a bURY or Oldham fan. I don’t really care but every post you fire is shite of the highest level. Doubt you will catch many fish for long.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

End of season do - £65!! on 09:57 - Mar 23 with 3147 viewsrochdale_ranger

End of season do - £65!! on 00:03 - Mar 23 by Thacks_Rabbits

You come across as an absolute bellend in every post. You may be a troll or a bURY or Oldham fan. I don’t really care but every post you fire is shite of the highest level. Doubt you will catch many fish for long.

“Anyone I disagree with is a troll” jog on mate.
End of season do - £65!! on 19:40 - Mar 24 with 2792 viewsoff2div1

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club-news/23180/player-of-the-year-awards-2018
End of season do - £65!! on 20:04 - Mar 24 with 2719 viewskiwidale

End of season do - £65!! on 19:40 - Mar 24 by off2div1

Why don't we do sommat like that?

This is not the time for bickering.

End of season do - £65!! on 21:43 - Mar 24 with 2637 viewssmaclad1

End of season do - £65!! on 19:40 - Mar 24 by off2div1

Looks like a properly arranged club event. It is a prestigious event for the club - not the fans. The awards look like the club's awards - not the fans or families.

If Leeds fans groups and others want to make an award to a player, or have an end of season event, presumably either the club organise an event, or the fans group(s) make an arrangement to organise one - we don't know.

Interesting to note that it's cheaper than that proposed by our club - and offers discounts for season ticket holders, is a four course meal rather than three, involves former players rather than an after dinner speaker with no connection to the club - AND, the gold package (the most similar to that offered to award owners) is a far better deal with drinks provided and the company of players. A far better offer overall, and something else the club might learn from!

Just noticed - no carriages! Presumably guests are expected to walk home?
End of season do - £65!! on 21:47 - Mar 24 with 2617 views442Dale

End of season do - £65!! on 21:43 - Mar 24 by smaclad1

Looks like a properly arranged club event. It is a prestigious event for the club - not the fans. The awards look like the club's awards - not the fans or families.

If Leeds fans groups and others want to make an award to a player, or have an end of season event, presumably either the club organise an event, or the fans group(s) make an arrangement to organise one - we don't know.

Interesting to note that it's cheaper than that proposed by our club - and offers discounts for season ticket holders, is a four course meal rather than three, involves former players rather than an after dinner speaker with no connection to the club - AND, the gold package (the most similar to that offered to award owners) is a far better deal with drinks provided and the company of players. A far better offer overall, and something else the club might learn from!

Just noticed - no carriages! Presumably guests are expected to walk home?

Out of interest, did the club get back to SMAC after you responded with your concerns to their email?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

End of season do - £65!! on 21:57 - Mar 24 with 2591 viewssmaclad1

End of season do - £65!! on 21:47 - Mar 24 by 442Dale

Out of interest, did the club get back to SMAC after you responded with your concerns to their email?

Not spoken to chair over last couple of days, will get back to you about any response from the club.
End of season do - £65!! on 21:58 - Mar 24 with 2580 viewsTVOS1907

End of season do - £65!! on 21:57 - Mar 24 by smaclad1

Not spoken to chair over last couple of days, will get back to you about any response from the club.

Are you David Flitcroft?

End of season do - £65!! on 22:09 - Mar 24 with 2554 viewssmaclad1

End of season do - £65!! on 21:58 - Mar 24 by TVOS1907

Are you David Flitcroft?

Ryan Lowe. Keep up!
End of season do - £65!! on 21:19 - Mar 25 with 2321 viewssmaclad1

End of season do - £65!! on 21:47 - Mar 24 by 442Dale

The club have not responded to the SMAC email sent last Monday evening.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024