Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of season do - £65!! 17:59 - Mar 19 with 47980 viewsChaffRAFC

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/march/event-gala-dinner--awards-night/

Utterly ludicrous in my book. Bollocks to a meal and all that stuff.

Very good chance this will be the end of season do after a relegation from League One!

Genuinely hope nobody goes in the hope that the club finally take a step back and look at the decisions they make!

And they wonder why I think "Team Rochdale" is dead.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

End of season do - £65!! on 19:18 - Mar 19 with 2865 viewsSandyman

Had to look at the calendar to check this isn't an April Fools prank. Might be a nice little corporate soiree for one or two people, but completely out of touch with our fan base who won't touch this with a barge pole. £65 to "celebrate" relegation or a very near miss is embarrassing. A consummate lesson in how to dismay people when we really need to be sticking together to fight dropping into league 2.

"You can stick your Gala Dinner up yer a**e,
You can stick your Gala Dinner up yer a**e,
You can stick your Gala Dinner , stick your Gala Dinner,
Stick your Gala Dinner up yer a**e."
End of season do - £65!! on 19:21 - Mar 19 with 2836 viewsjudd

Is there an award for spectacular own goal of the season?

Poll: What is it to be then?

End of season do - £65!! on 19:21 - Mar 19 with 2835 viewsMoonyDale

End of season do - £65!! on 19:13 - Mar 19 by ChaffRAFC

Just looked down the list of awards, there doesn't seem to be anything mentioned about our award winning programme, The Voice Of Spotland.

Surely the club would have thought to make a gesture for Mark and his award winning programme that he doesn't get paid for doing?

#TeamRochdaleIsDead

Just logged in to be greeted by this thread, holy crap who do they think they are ? There shouldn't be a single Dale fan attending this event, and if they do they have more money than fkin sense. Whoever came up with this wants hauling bollock naked over some red hot coals.......Team Rochdale my fat arse, feelings need to be made very clear about this because it's a fookin disgrace.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

End of season do - £65!! on 19:24 - Mar 19 with 2819 viewskel

I remember when this traditional event was handed over to the trust to organise. Perhaps the club don’t think they have the manpower to organise it these days...
End of season do - £65!! on 19:25 - Mar 19 with 2806 viewsDale23years

End of season do - £65!! on 19:21 - Mar 19 by judd

I'd rather burn £65,than give it to the club,appalling from our club.

said it all season #teamrochdaleisdead

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

End of season do - £65!! on 19:26 - Mar 19 with 2796 viewsBlueboy

End of season do - £65!! on 19:21 - Mar 19 by MoonyDale

Just logged in to be greeted by this thread, holy crap who do they think they are ? There shouldn't be a single Dale fan attending this event, and if they do they have more money than fkin sense. Whoever came up with this wants hauling bollock naked over some red hot coals.......Team Rochdale my fat arse, feelings need to be made very clear about this because it's a fookin disgrace.....

Yet another nail in the coffin of team Rochdale,and we criticise Bury,what the hell has happened to our family club?
End of season do - £65!! on 19:29 - Mar 19 with 2763 viewsDorislove

End of season do - £65!! on 19:26 - Mar 19 by Blueboy

Yet another nail in the coffin of team Rochdale,and we criticise Bury,what the hell has happened to our family club?

It has been coming for many years BB ,maybe this is the final straw maybe not but it has been coming.
End of season do - £65!! on 19:30 - Mar 19 with 2749 viewsDaleiLama

Is this a joint end of season do with Spurs? Were they so enamoured with our club they wanted to join us so it's priced accordingly, like the pre-match hospitality before the replay that sold out but never went on sale? Whoever thought of this has a very poor sense of humour.

#Teamthemandus
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 19:43]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

End of season do - £65!! on 19:31 - Mar 19 with 2728 views442Dale

End of season do - £65!! on 19:29 - Mar 19 by Dorislove

It has been coming for many years BB ,maybe this is the final straw maybe not but it has been coming.

It has and it's been totally obvious to many supporters who some at the club underestimate and disrespect all too often.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

End of season do - £65!! on 19:32 - Mar 19 with 2724 viewsfunkkk

Jesus Christ, I did not see this reaction coming. A gala dinner with a celebrity speaker in our amazing town hall for £65 doesn't seem that ridiculous to me. I never knew how strongly people felt about an awards evening 🤷🏿‍♂️
End of season do - £65!! on 19:33 - Mar 19 with 2706 views442Dale

End of season do - £65!! on 19:32 - Mar 19 by funkkk

Jesus Christ, I did not see this reaction coming. A gala dinner with a celebrity speaker in our amazing town hall for £65 doesn't seem that ridiculous to me. I never knew how strongly people felt about an awards evening 🤷🏿‍♂️

Actually, maybe that's it: they aren't aware of tradition meaning something.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 19:38]

End of season do - £65!! on 19:34 - Mar 19 with 2713 viewsBlueboy

End of season do - £65!! on 19:26 - Mar 19 by Blueboy

Expect 50p turnstiles on the bloody toilets next.
End of season do - £65!! on 19:34 - Mar 19 with 2706 viewsDorislove

Well now you do ,many like myself can afford the evening ,many cant .Its not the point .
End of season do - £65!! on 19:43 - Mar 19 with 2649 viewsscarrow

This is a ridiculous decision by the club. Doubled up with the fact this us the worst performing team for years too. I hope the trust put the views of the supporters across in the strongest way (I'm sure Facebook are reacting in the same way). Thoughtless by the club.

Poll: Final position

End of season do - £65!! on 19:49 - Mar 19 with 2601 viewsChaffRAFC

End of season do - £65!! on 19:21 - Mar 19 by MoonyDale

This is a club idea.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

End of season do - £65!! on 19:53 - Mar 19 with 2577 viewsDorislove

Be interesting to see who thought this up at the club ,i cant believe it was our CE,hasnt he got loads to do ? ,it must have come from further up.Whoever it came from you need to get back in the Rochdale world and not the premiership .Wonder if we will ever get an answer.
Conspirisy theory 666
End of season do - £65!! on 19:57 - Mar 19 with 2541 viewsShun

End of season do - £65!! on 19:21 - Mar 19 by judd

It's got to be tannoygate!
No, wait, continuously changing the goalposts over the ST deal.
Actually, it has to be 'if you don't like it fvck off and don't come back'.
Or I suppose the pitch debacle.
But let's not forget calling the Southend match off with stupidly short notice but saying it's ok because the Southend staff were well fed.
And closing the club the one Saturday people could've bought tickets for Wembley.
And then this, which admittedly to me doesn't mean much but the ill feeling is clear on here.

Agh, too many choices!
End of season do - £65!! on 20:01 - Mar 19 with 2508 viewsdawlishdale

End of season do - £65!! on 19:57 - Mar 19 by Shun

But let's not forget calling the Southend match off with stupidly short notice but saying it's ok because the Southend staff were well fed.
And closing the club the one Saturday people could've bought tickets for Wembley.
And then this, which admittedly to me doesn't mean much but the ill feeling is clear on here.

Agh, too many choices!

This one takes the award by a country mile despite the stiff competition.

Name and shame the Director who dreamed this one up, and lets put the bugger in the stocks at £1 a go for 3 wet sponges. Honestly, some people couldn't run a bath, never mind a football club.

Staggeringly bad.
End of season do - £65!! on 20:02 - Mar 19 with 2490 views442Dale

End of season do - £65!! on 19:57 - Mar 19 by Shun

Agh, too many choices!

Bloody hell, forgot to check how the Southend media team felt after last Tuesday. Were they pleased with the standard of the sandwiches? A rug on their seat for when it got chilly, was it appreciated?

End of season do - £65!! on 20:04 - Mar 19 with 2487 viewsMoonyDale

End of season do - £65!! on 19:49 - Mar 19 by ChaffRAFC

This is a club idea.

I thought as much when I saw the guest speaker, shocking decision.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

End of season do - £65!! on 20:07 - Mar 19 with 2466 viewsSuddenLad

This is a club idea.

I can understand the hoo-ha about having the 'do' at the Town Hall, but aren't the club just trying to appear more 'professional' in the way they conduct their official events ?

Sure, we're all used to a different kind of end of season get together, players mingling with fans etc, but how do we know that still won't happen after the final home match ?

As an aside, what is the significance of this being a 'David Bottomley' idea ? He presumably has the backing of the Chairman and the CEO before this was publicised.

Why is he being singled out ?.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

End of season do - £65!! on 20:08 - Mar 19 with 2455 viewskiwidale

The reaction is both justified and expected how the club could not foresee it sums up their disconnect with the fan base. Having said that the major problem is that this event and lets be honest this is a Gala event which should not be compared to or replace the annual awards do at Spotland. As grand as it will be, in my opinion the opportunity to dine in one of the greatest buildings in England with the guest speaker etc etc. might be worth the price it certainly wont put off the corporates and I expect it will sell out. This event should not compare or replace the annual end of season awards night where fans young and old can mix with players in an informal atmosphere. The major problem with this event is the way some numbnut at the club has rolled it out.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 20:12]

This is not the time for bickering.

End of season do - £65!! on 20:08 - Mar 19 with 2453 viewsDorislove

This is a club idea.

A newish director with visions of grandeuer for Dale ,oh dear how sad never mind .
End of season do - £65!! on 20:15 - Mar 19 with 2404 viewsnordenblue

End of season do - £65!! on 20:04 - Mar 19 by MoonyDale

I thought as much when I saw the guest speaker, shocking decision.

What's more shocking is so many folk on here are surprised by it... the club haven't given a toss for years gents, get used to it
End of season do - £65!! (n/t) on 20:15 - Mar 19 with 2396 viewsoff2div1

[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 20:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024