Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pond Life 21:45 - Apr 10 with 19623 viewsBarrowdale

Up until today I thought I admired Will Grigg , but after tonight he has overtaken Lee Hughes as the most repulsive footballer I’ve ever had the misfortune to watch. To see a supposed professional goading our moronic kids shouting “come on then have a fu**ing go” was embarassing and shameful. Vile human being
Pond Life on 05:46 - Apr 12 with 2934 viewsnordenblue

Pond Life on 23:25 - Apr 11 by kiwidale

you would think that editing a post was unacceptable... I almost always edit my posts after initial posting to add clarity or correct mistakes

Who mentioned unacceptable?Just adds a totally different slant to a post after it's been changed from the one that was previously replied to that's all.
Pond Life on 08:01 - Apr 12 with 2833 viewsNathaniel82

Pond Life on 05:46 - Apr 12 by nordenblue

Who mentioned unacceptable?Just adds a totally different slant to a post after it's been changed from the one that was previously replied to that's all.

Amen to that.
Pond Life on 08:08 - Apr 12 with 2827 viewsaleanddale

Pond Life on 21:28 - Apr 11 by Nathaniel82

And... if you read my posts properly, you’d understand that I’d already said I agree with the comments regarding running on the pitch, throwing things on the pitch etc. It’s disgraceful. But the swearing is something different. I fully accept the swearing. Rather than assuming I meant one thing, where clearly it was something else, perhaps you should practice what you preach and read through the posts before commenting? Not at any point have I said criminal damage is acceptable. Take a step back and pipe yourself down.

what about climbing the fences like a chester zoo chimp and shaking it whilst gesturing to away fans?.

So throwing objects onto the pitch - pitch invasion and inciting oppo fans......

agree swearing is the lesser of all above but as cumulative behaviour it speaks volumes.

CCTV - Identify - Ban - Prosecute if possible ( through courts if necessary ).

Total scum bags - no excuse for them.
Pond Life on 08:16 - Apr 12 with 2810 viewsjudd

Pond Life on 08:01 - Apr 12 by Nathaniel82

Amen to that.

"Coming on here complaining about people swearing at a football match have nothing better to do than come on here and complain. Laughable. "

You have totally taken my post out of context and put a wholly different slant on things.

The incidents that I witnessed occurred in the Family stand - the Joshua McCormack Enclosure - an area of the ground designated by the club to be family friendly and largely populated by people with young children. Until recently there was a large sign at the front of the stand stating that foul and abusive language would not be tolerated.
Tuesday was the second occasion in recent weeks whereby one parent and Keith Hicks have asked the perpetrators of these actions to moderate their behaviour only to be met with aggression and childish sniggers and comments from those across the aisle encouraging this behaviour.

I cannot see why, if anyone wants to vent their spleen by hurling invectives at the footballers and officials, smashing advertising hoardings or recklessly launching cups of coffee, they cannot respect the wishes of the club and numerous parents by sitting (or standing) in a part of the ground where such behaviour is tolerated by most.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Pond Life on 09:28 - Apr 12 with 2719 viewsdalenumber2

Pond Life on 08:16 - Apr 12 by judd

"Coming on here complaining about people swearing at a football match have nothing better to do than come on here and complain. Laughable. "

You have totally taken my post out of context and put a wholly different slant on things.

The incidents that I witnessed occurred in the Family stand - the Joshua McCormack Enclosure - an area of the ground designated by the club to be family friendly and largely populated by people with young children. Until recently there was a large sign at the front of the stand stating that foul and abusive language would not be tolerated.
Tuesday was the second occasion in recent weeks whereby one parent and Keith Hicks have asked the perpetrators of these actions to moderate their behaviour only to be met with aggression and childish sniggers and comments from those across the aisle encouraging this behaviour.

I cannot see why, if anyone wants to vent their spleen by hurling invectives at the footballers and officials, smashing advertising hoardings or recklessly launching cups of coffee, they cannot respect the wishes of the club and numerous parents by sitting (or standing) in a part of the ground where such behaviour is tolerated by most.

It pains me to see how ineffective the stewards are and that police presence is minimal at best - no wonder a number of youngsters feel they can get away with their anti-social behaviour. I noticed that a lot of the Pearl Street booed when those three little boys ran on the pitch, the vast majority do not want to see our club embarrassed in this way. Maybe some chants of 'You are embarrassing' aimed at them would have got the message over - we should let them know that we don't want to be associated with this sort of behaviour.
The family stand should be a place where parents can choose to take their children without fear of witnessing any of the behaviour that Judd describes - otherwise there is not point in advertising it as such.
The Oldham game will be a magnet to potential schooligans and the club needs to get a message out and act swiftly and firmly with any trouble makers. Banning should definitely be used for any further behaviour of this kind.
Pond Life on 09:28 - Apr 12 with 2719 viewsBarryStrange

Pond Life on 11:04 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

Vaughan was indeed the instigator of the problem, and why he wasn't booked for it i don't know, but even as he was running towards the flag i was reminded of the stick he got from us playing for bury at gigg last season, the "what a waste of money" stick. I could see the"payback time" look in his eyes

If he wants to do that, it's a bit childish but a booking would've taken the heat out of the situation. What followed by our bunch of morons will have greater repercussions and quite frankly the club need to take steps following this to break them up from that particular gathering point before our reputation is further dragged into the mud

Vaughan always runs over and kicks the corner flag like that when he scores. He broke both in that glorious burst against Peterborough last season. Suspect there was nowt more to it than doing his celebration.

Away from home that is going to land him doing it in front of the other team's fans. If it was boiling over a bit (I don't know, I wasn't there) you might be right about the booking being appropriate, it probably wasn't his brightest move.

My point is simply that the celebration is hardly bespoke, it's his reaction to scoring a goal, and we saw him do it at several grounds last season to no great problem.
Pond Life on 09:44 - Apr 12 with 2701 viewsJimmyRustler

Pond Life on 09:28 - Apr 12 by BarryStrange

Vaughan always runs over and kicks the corner flag like that when he scores. He broke both in that glorious burst against Peterborough last season. Suspect there was nowt more to it than doing his celebration.

Away from home that is going to land him doing it in front of the other team's fans. If it was boiling over a bit (I don't know, I wasn't there) you might be right about the booking being appropriate, it probably wasn't his brightest move.

My point is simply that the celebration is hardly bespoke, it's his reaction to scoring a goal, and we saw him do it at several grounds last season to no great problem.

Kicking the corner flag (and especially breaking it) is at best an over-celebration and surely a bookable offence anyway. How can that be deemed acceptable? The guy was acting like a total bellend irrespective of this anyway tbf and his behaviour was only trumped by that English/Irish/hobbit like nobhead Grigg.

With regards to the editing of comments btw, I think it would be beneficial to everyone if there was a system in place whereby you could read the original post before it was edited - I know Facebook do something similar with their 'see original post' function and it seems to work pretty well.
Pond Life on 10:03 - Apr 12 with 2661 viewsD_Alien

Fair enough about his "usual" celebration, but he was staring with real intent towards the Dale morons. That's inflammatory (and god knows they don't need much) and a potential bookable offence. The subsequent actions of the ref only added to the problem

But let me be clear - nothing can justify the behaviour of the scum who attend football matches looking for the slightest provocation - or none - to temporarily relieve them of knowing how worthless their lives are

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Pond Life on 12:26 - Apr 12 with 2553 viewsfinberty

From where I was in the Pearl Street, the whole thing seemed embarrassingly tin-pot - from both parties. I can accept that Vaughan was doing his 'normal' thing, and that then positioned him in front of the schooligans, who reacted with the expected immaturity.

Whoever threw the beer can on needs to be identified, expelled and banned.

What struck me as equally immature and provocative was Grigg's reaction after he scored. He was running towards the other corner of Pearl Street and then, as if remembering he had some winding-up to do, retracted his steps to do just that.

It was a startling exhibition of provocation, closely-followed by an aggressive posturing from the Wigan players who assembled with him at that corner.

From a team that was so superior to Dale in the second half, I found it incredible that they needed to make such gestures to kids. I thought they would consider themselves above that and to treat the jeering with professional disdain. That they did not revealed the level of pressure they must be feeling. Very surprising.

On a related point, the kid in the Pearl Street who held onto the ball, refusing to throw it to Power so he could take his free kick, appeared to demonstrate an almost lunatic lack of awareness of what was about to happen. Riling the bloke about to take a free kick 19 yards from goal was not the way to go. Luckily Lillis then saw it and smothered it, but I would imagine, having heard and seen what Power said to the kid, there was a fair amount of venom put into that shot.
Pond Life on 13:37 - Apr 12 with 2472 viewsmingthemerciless

What gets into these players ? Big Reg made do with a shake of the hand and a pat on the back and he was twice the player Vaughan is.
Pond Life on 13:41 - Apr 12 with 2466 viewsEllDale

It's been noted many a time how a team reflects the personality of their manager.
Sides assembled by the likes of Bentley, Feguson junior, Coleman, Cook prove this no matter how good their performances are or were.
Pond Life on 13:46 - Apr 12 with 2456 viewsjudd

I did question why Hendo chose to celebrate our 3rd goal right in front of the Shrews fans, some of whom chose to direct missiles his way.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Pond Life on 13:57 - Apr 12 with 2433 viewsD_Alien

btw, should anyone take umbrage at my defining the Pearl St mob as scum, no need - they're self-defining

In the Que Sera song, they make reference to their bury counterparts:

"...Get your father's gun,
And shoot the bury scum..."

Que sera

Pond Life on 15:31 - Apr 12 with 2308 viewsJames1980

Pond Life on 08:08 - Apr 12 by aleanddale

what about climbing the fences like a chester zoo chimp and shaking it whilst gesturing to away fans?.

So throwing objects onto the pitch - pitch invasion and inciting oppo fans......

agree swearing is the lesser of all above but as cumulative behaviour it speaks volumes.

CCTV - Identify - Ban - Prosecute if possible ( through courts if necessary ).

Total scum bags - no excuse for them.

Are they as intelligent as the primates in Chester Zoo?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Pond Life on 09:20 - Apr 13 with 1971 viewsaleanddale

Pond Life on 15:31 - Apr 12 by James1980

Are they as intelligent as the primates in Chester Zoo?

to put them close would be an insult to the chimps!

idiots - ban them asap.
Pond Life on 12:03 - Apr 13 with 1887 viewsSalwaDale

I'm glad we have never had players who would goad opposition fans.

I'm glad none of us hero worshipped Tom Kennedy when he did.

TBBT

Pond Life on 12:05 - Apr 13 with 1878 viewsD_Alien

Pond Life on 12:03 - Apr 13 by SalwaDale

Fair point, but at the time at least he was running back to his own half

Pond Life on 12:11 - Apr 13 with 1860 viewsnordenblue

Pond Life on 12:03 - Apr 13 by SalwaDale

Slightly different having plenty of history and abuse from his previous club, what's our previous history with Will Grigg?
Pond Life on 12:35 - Apr 13 with 1808 viewsFalingeParka

Good grief. You all make me smile. Were you ever young?

ColonelHall

Pond Life on 12:40 - Apr 13 with 1783 viewsFalingeParka

Ans. no. This forum is the the number one Martinet site in the business. Met the so called at Millwall away. Drunk and full of fun. What is wrong with you? Are you all Alan Titmarsh?

ColonelHall

Pond Life on 12:44 - Apr 13 with 1767 viewsfitzochris

Pond Life on 12:40 - Apr 13 by FalingeParka

Ans. no. This forum is the the number one Martinet site in the business. Met the so called at Millwall away. Drunk and full of fun. What is wrong with you? Are you all Alan Titmarsh?

If it displeases you so much, why continue to read and post on it?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Pond Life on 12:46 - Apr 13 with 1758 viewsFalingeParka

Goldfish bowl I guess. It doesn't 'displease' me. It 'amazes' me that grown up people, who should know better, wanna cuss life and exuberance.

ColonelHall

Pond Life on 12:58 - Apr 13 with 1736 viewsFalingeParka

Look at the title - 'Pond Life'. So called 'pond life' is human behaviour, some of it shitty, some average, some miraculous. I follow this forum, well, less and less, cos it used to express some of that rich tapestry (sic) whilst talking about my club.

ColonelHall

Pond Life on 12:59 - Apr 13 with 1734 viewsDaley_Lama

Everybody was young once.
Everybody was not an oikish object chucking, pitch invading person once.

Therein lies the difference.

The dislike is not based on age, it is based on actions.Were these individuals in their 90’s yet acted the same, they would be criticised the same.

If you condone their actions then that is fine, everybody is entitled to have an opinion. When is it a wrong opinion it is beholden on your others to educate you on your errors.

You should stick around, this place could really benefit you. 😊

Poll: DF in or out

Pond Life on 13:05 - Apr 13 with 1715 viewsFalingeParka

Good grief Daley. You suck the life out of everything you touch. Your parched bones I bless with life.

ColonelHall

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024