Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lita on Laudrup 22:49 - Feb 27 with 6213 viewsDarran

Fast forward to 43 minutes.

Icey will go radio rental. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Lita on Laudrup on 13:37 - Feb 28 with 1219 viewswhiterock

Laudrup thought training was jumpers for goalposts and all have a kick about, this would have worked if he got some serious back up in the coaching department but he brought in some real cocks.
Lita on Laudrup on 13:41 - Feb 28 with 1208 viewsLeonWasGod

Lita on Laudrup on 12:41 - Feb 28 by ploppy

He also inherited a very good side after BR.

Credit Laudrup where it's due (and his agent - those new additions made all the difference), but yep the success was certainly built on Brendan's foundations. Much like his successes were built on Sousa's defensive foundations and he benefited from Bobby Brown Shoes'. It all went wrong when we stopped doing that.
Lita on Laudrup on 13:42 - Feb 28 with 1208 viewsItchySphincter

Lita on Laudrup on 11:38 - Feb 28 by Darran

I’ve said all this in the past and got slaughtered for it.
His wife Siw was awesome,he was/is a fuçking oddball.

Huw considered bringing him back just before he resigned, apparently. Oddball is putting it mildly.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Lita on Laudrup on 13:42 - Feb 28 with 1206 viewsLeonWasGod

Lita on Laudrup on 13:21 - Feb 28 by Darran

The best one game we ever played in the Prem was Fulham away when we won 3-0 and that was under Rodgers.

That was awesome. I've got the full 90 minutes video of it somewhere.
Lita on Laudrup on 13:45 - Feb 28 with 1195 viewsItchySphincter

The first 45 against WBA has gone down in Swansea City folklore in the same way as the Hull game and the Walter Boyd sending off.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 14:53]

Lita on Laudrup on 13:46 - Feb 28 with 1195 viewsgordondg

Lita on Laudrup on 13:42 - Feb 28 by LeonWasGod

That was awesome. I've got the full 90 minutes video of it somewhere.

Think I'd prefer Michu on Laudrup,be far more interesting.
Lita on Laudrup on 13:51 - Feb 28 with 1190 viewsploppy

Lita on Laudrup on 13:45 - Feb 28 by ItchySphincter

The first 45 against WBA has gone down in Swansea City folklore in the same way as the Hull game and the Walter Boyd sending off.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 14:53]

Well, it was at the Liberty not at WBA, so maybe it hasn't gone down in folklore! No-one talks about the second half in that game, BTW. Did we score? If memory serves, Lukaku scored just before half-time, and it finished 3-1. Or have I mis-remembered?
Lita on Laudrup on 13:51 - Feb 28 with 1188 viewsLeonWasGod

Lita on Laudrup on 13:46 - Feb 28 by gordondg

Think I'd prefer Michu on Laudrup,be far more interesting.

Yeah it would, and no doubt he'd have a different view. Lita's obviously going to be pissed off, although I still think he's probably right - as Darren said, he's not the only one who had issues with Laudrup's approach.

Still, that first season under Laudrup and then the Euro tour were great days.
Login to get fewer ads

Lita on Laudrup on 13:52 - Feb 28 with 1188 viewsmonmouth

The best one game we ever played in the Prem was Fulham away when we won 3-0 and that was under Rodgers.

Agree 100%. Plus some others like Arsenal home where we out footballed them under BR.

That WBA game is tinted specs stuff as WBA had been terrible away under Clarke all season, even though it was fabulous to watch.

Laudrup did his bit but I think it was mostly in bringing in players and very good footballers like De Guz and Michu, Pablo and Chico, and getting the best out of Routs and Dyer. We played some great football under Monk with those players until he decided Spain - BAD, roast beef and yorkshire pud all round.

Everyone forgets the discontent that Laudrup autumn after the home humilation against Everton which was three losses in a row. If we hadn't scraoed past Wigan the torches were being lit.

It wasn't golden football all season, it really was about a dozen games at most. QPR twice, West Ham, WBA, Emirates, halves against Sundo and Reading and then Liverpool, Chelsea twice, Bradford (we should have gone out at Crawley....didn't Monk save us ) in the cup. I may have forgotten one or two, but there is some rose tinting going on.

Sacking him wasn't the beginning of the downfall, but appointing Monk in his place sure was.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Lita on Laudrup on 13:58 - Feb 28 with 1176 viewsploppy

Lita on Laudrup on 13:51 - Feb 28 by LeonWasGod

Yeah it would, and no doubt he'd have a different view. Lita's obviously going to be pissed off, although I still think he's probably right - as Darren said, he's not the only one who had issues with Laudrup's approach.

Still, that first season under Laudrup and then the Euro tour were great days.

The euro tour was great, obviously, but we beat some pretty mediocre teams at home, drew away (against the same teams), beat Valencia at the Mestalla (but they had been reduced to 10 men, which no-one seems to mention). Our best performance was probably away at Napoli, who we could have beaten if Bony had stuck away a header from a couple of yards. Meanwhile, our domestic form was going down the pan.
Lita on Laudrup on 13:59 - Feb 28 with 1173 viewsLeonWasGod

Lita on Laudrup on 13:52 - Feb 28 by monmouth

Agree 100%. Plus some others like Arsenal home where we out footballed them under BR.

That WBA game is tinted specs stuff as WBA had been terrible away under Clarke all season, even though it was fabulous to watch.

Laudrup did his bit but I think it was mostly in bringing in players and very good footballers like De Guz and Michu, Pablo and Chico, and getting the best out of Routs and Dyer. We played some great football under Monk with those players until he decided Spain - BAD, roast beef and yorkshire pud all round.

Everyone forgets the discontent that Laudrup autumn after the home humilation against Everton which was three losses in a row. If we hadn't scraoed past Wigan the torches were being lit.

It wasn't golden football all season, it really was about a dozen games at most. QPR twice, West Ham, WBA, Emirates, halves against Sundo and Reading and then Liverpool, Chelsea twice, Bradford (we should have gone out at Crawley....didn't Monk save us ) in the cup. I may have forgotten one or two, but there is some rose tinting going on.

Sacking him wasn't the beginning of the downfall, but appointing Monk in his place sure was.

That's pretty much my recollection of it. That second season the wheels came off. People were bored of the football. Even the Europa league home games - the last couple of group stage games I was sat on my hands bored sh*tless. People were very pissed off how it was going and were calling for change before Christmas. It had started to chance almost immediately after the League Cup win, as if that was job done and people in the club had lost interest.

I still think we'd have had more chance of going further in the Europa League had we kept Laudrup - I don't believe we'd had folded as easily in Napoli. And we may have done enough to avoid relegation. But at the time, the change felt right. And it was hard to argue in hindsight as Monk made an immediate impact. His first game against Cardiff was one of the best games we've had at the Liberty. But then yep, he dismantled it all the following season.
Lita on Laudrup on 14:52 - Feb 28 with 1108 viewsLandore_Jack

What about Fulham away under Brendon? It was just as good as the WBA performance.

#backtojack

Lita on Laudrup on 14:54 - Feb 28 with 1103 viewsItchySphincter

Lita on Laudrup on 13:51 - Feb 28 by ploppy

Well, it was at the Liberty not at WBA, so maybe it hasn't gone down in folklore! No-one talks about the second half in that game, BTW. Did we score? If memory serves, Lukaku scored just before half-time, and it finished 3-1. Or have I mis-remembered?

Thank you.

Lita on Laudrup on 14:57 - Feb 28 with 1100 viewsploppy

Lita on Laudrup on 14:52 - Feb 28 by Landore_Jack

What about Fulham away under Brendon? It was just as good as the WBA performance.

Yes, and we played for 90mins as I remember, not just the 45 against WBA.
Lita on Laudrup on 15:25 - Feb 28 with 1069 viewslondonlisa2001

Disagree. I think it was Laudrup’s first match against QPR away. The tempo we played at during that match was incredible.

Ironically the match at QPR the season before under Rodgers was dire.

Both games though, QPR under Laudrup and Fulham under Brendan, were fantastic. As was the 2 nil at Arsenal, the semi final away at Chelsea and the match away at Liverpool before that.
Lita on Laudrup on 15:34 - Feb 28 with 1060 viewspencoedjack

Lita on Laudrup on 15:25 - Feb 28 by londonlisa2001

Disagree. I think it was Laudrup’s first match against QPR away. The tempo we played at during that match was incredible.

Ironically the match at QPR the season before under Rodgers was dire.

Both games though, QPR under Laudrup and Fulham under Brendan, were fantastic. As was the 2 nil at Arsenal, the semi final away at Chelsea and the match away at Liverpool before that.

One of my favourite away days with the Swans.

Was lucky enough to be at the game at Fulham mentioned in this thread as well.
Lita on Laudrup on 15:37 - Feb 28 with 1054 viewslondonlisa2001

Lita on Laudrup on 15:34 - Feb 28 by pencoedjack

One of my favourite away days with the Swans.

Was lucky enough to be at the game at Fulham mentioned in this thread as well.

Yes - it was boiling as well that day. Perfect day all round. The first sight of Michu of course.

I was at both as well - rarely miss a match in London although I missed Fulham this week as I was away with work. Thankfully as it turned out, as it would have put me in a foul mood for days...
Lita on Laudrup on 16:24 - Feb 28 with 1012 viewsNotLoyal

Lita on Laudrup on 14:52 - Feb 28 by Landore_Jack

MOTD spent 10 whole minutes eulogising our triangles, shape, pressure and precision passing.
Wales premier team.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Lita on Laudrup on 20:41 - Feb 28 with 900 views34dfgdf54

Alan Curtis says the complete opposite to what most on here are saying (plus Lee Lucas’s Dad and Lita).
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 20:42]
Lita on Laudrup on 21:25 - Feb 28 with 874 viewsploppy

Lita on Laudrup on 20:41 - Feb 28 by 34dfgdf54

Alan Curtis says the complete opposite to what most on here are saying (plus Lee Lucas’s Dad and Lita).
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 20:42]

In fairness, Alan Curtis wouldn't say anything controversial about anyone.
Lita on Laudrup on 21:33 - Feb 28 with 868 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup has a long, illustrious history of falling out with club management and exiting in his second season. You'd have to be a bit obtuse to absolve him completely of blame for the situation that led to his departure.

However, subsequent events have demonstrated that he was far from the primary antagonist in it. Huw Jenkins difficulty in dealing with managers who told him to piss off allied to Monk's shitstirring probably would have made his position untenable in any case.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Lita on Laudrup on 21:44 - Feb 28 with 847 viewsDarran

Lita on Laudrup on 21:33 - Feb 28 by Dr_Winston

Laudrup has a long, illustrious history of falling out with club management and exiting in his second season. You'd have to be a bit obtuse to absolve him completely of blame for the situation that led to his departure.

However, subsequent events have demonstrated that he was far from the primary antagonist in it. Huw Jenkins difficulty in dealing with managers who told him to piss off allied to Monk's shitstirring probably would have made his position untenable in any case.

Huw Jenkins didn’t want to sack him it was everyone else ganging up on him to sack him.
He said so mun.

Lita on Laudrup on 22:05 - Feb 28 with 821 views34dfgdf54

Lita on Laudrup on 21:25 - Feb 28 by ploppy

In fairness, Alan Curtis wouldn't say anything controversial about anyone.

Had the pleasure of his company in Palma where him and his better half have a Villa. Still keeps in touch with Laudrup, nothing but good things to say. That’s all I’ll say.
Lita on Laudrup on 22:06 - Feb 28 with 817 viewsDarran

Lita on Laudrup on 22:05 - Feb 28 by 34dfgdf54

Had the pleasure of his company in Palma where him and his better half have a Villa. Still keeps in touch with Laudrup, nothing but good things to say. That’s all I’ll say.

Alan Curtis says good things about everybody. He even says nice things about Leighton James when he knows he’s a total çunt.

Lita on Laudrup on 22:12 - Feb 28 with 809 views1462jack

Lita on Laudrup on 22:06 - Feb 28 by Darran

Alan Curtis says good things about everybody. He even says nice things about Leighton James when he knows he’s a total çunt.

What’s up Da did Michael LAUDRUP not sign your match day program? Think I would prefer Alan Curtis view rather than that of a reserve team players father
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024