Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting a Dog 10:04 - Jul 15 with 15856 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ok, lads this is huge. Don't mess this up!

I've always wanted a dog. I mean really wanted a dog. Always had a dog as a kid. Either a Labrador Retriever or a Golden Retriever. But I could never have one as an adult. i just moved around too much. Wouldn't be fair.

But, with the last few years, and now the last few months, I've been working from home almost full-time. I've also finally got family living nearby to mind my dog if I do have to head away for work or holidays.

I'm single with no kids. I live in a small city but with plenty parks and fields nearby.
If not now, then I'd have to wonder when.

The question is - am I mad? What am I not considering?

Have any of you any advice, please?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Getting a Dog on 17:23 - Dec 13 with 1235 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Getting a Dog on 17:18 - Dec 13 by karl

Yes, the new living room carpet was an inspired decision...

Congratulations. Enjoy mate!

Getting a Dog on 17:25 - Dec 13 with 1228 viewsBoston

Getting a Dog on 17:23 - Dec 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Congratulations. Enjoy mate!

You had inferred marriage to a bitch the odd time.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Getting a Dog on 17:31 - Dec 13 with 1190 views2Thomas2Bowles

new living room carpet

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Getting a Dog on 00:51 - Dec 14 with 1090 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Getting a Dog on 17:25 - Dec 13 by Boston

You had inferred marriage to a bitch the odd time.

A bit close to the line.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 1:06]
Getting a Dog on 10:25 - Dec 14 with 983 viewsMick_S

Getting a Dog on 17:13 - Dec 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Tips?
Practice using the word "sorry".

"Sorry he's jumped up on you and ruined your clothes".
"Sorry he's licked your make-up off."
"Sorry he's crapped on your baby"
etc
etc
etc

We were out for a walk in Ruislip Woods not so long ago and my dog was off the lead as there was no one about (he was still a puppy then) Four immaculately dressed people came round the corner on their pre - Sunday lunch stroll. My dog greeted every single one of them individually - dirty paws, licks and a bit of mouthing thrown in. I was very lucky not to get a hefty dry cleaning bill. I think I said sorry about a hundred times.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Getting a Dog on 10:35 - Dec 14 with 972 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Getting a Dog on 10:25 - Dec 14 by Mick_S

We were out for a walk in Ruislip Woods not so long ago and my dog was off the lead as there was no one about (he was still a puppy then) Four immaculately dressed people came round the corner on their pre - Sunday lunch stroll. My dog greeted every single one of them individually - dirty paws, licks and a bit of mouthing thrown in. I was very lucky not to get a hefty dry cleaning bill. I think I said sorry about a hundred times.

Ya, it's funny but mortifying as well.

My lad, Stanley, always goes for a swim in the Lee to cool down after his walk/run. He'll hang around there for a while until he sees a blonde woman (it's always a blonde woman) and then he'll career out of the river, up the muddy bank, past my despairing dive and will be four feet off the ground when he hits her full whack in the chest with his muddy snout and front paws, all goggly eyes and panting tongue.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Getting a Dog on 11:53 - Dec 14 with 918 views2Thomas2Bowles

Getting a Dog on 10:35 - Dec 14 by BrianMcCarthy

My lad, Stanley, always goes for a swim in the Lee to cool down after his walk/run. He'll hang around there for a while until he sees a blonde woman (it's always a blonde woman) and then he'll career out of the river, up the muddy bank, past my despairing dive and will be four feet off the ground when he hits her full whack in the chest with his muddy snout and front paws, all goggly eyes and panting tongue.

Does she/they like dags

[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 11:54]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Getting a Dog on 16:23 - Dec 14 with 872 viewshoopsmark

Many moons ago i used to go for a run round our local municipal golf course some of the route involved trhrough some woods,was popular with dog walkers...If i was by myself the birds walking their dogs would visibly back away when they saw me coming like i was some kind of threat,but if next day i was walking the dog same place they would stop and talk to me all day.......some people are strange...............
Login to get fewer ads

Getting a Dog on 16:43 - Dec 14 with 846 viewsWokingR

Getting a Dog on 16:23 - Dec 14 by hoopsmark

Many moons ago i used to go for a run round our local municipal golf course some of the route involved trhrough some woods,was popular with dog walkers...If i was by myself the birds walking their dogs would visibly back away when they saw me coming like i was some kind of threat,but if next day i was walking the dog same place they would stop and talk to me all day.......some people are strange...............

Perhaps you should wear slightly longer shorts when you go running
Getting a Dog on 17:42 - Dec 14 with 815 viewsdistortR

Getting a Dog on 10:35 - Dec 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Stanley tells similar stories about you, Brian.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024