Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. 18:05 - Oct 5 with 26428 viewsKeithHaynes

Spurs are in talks as we disclosed earlier, however there is a chance this could happen tonight. * Update* Fortunately for Swans fans their low rating and offer for Rodon stalled matters last night. We hear today Daniel Levy is prepared to sit it out for as long as possible forcing other clubs to place bids and test the water.

6th Oct 2020 Now the European squad submissions are all but done today, West Ham could enter in to a bidding war, and if Joe has to go then hopefully the price gets to the real figure we all believe he is worth.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:52 - Oct 5 with 2062 viewsAlgorfajack

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:46 - Oct 5 by Kerouac

£20m + Cameron Carter-Vickers minimum.

If we let this boy go for less than £20m I will not be handing anymore of my money to the people who run this club.

Other clubs have been taking the p*ss out of us in the transfer market for a while now.
Go and find another young HG centre-back as good as Joe for less than £20m.
A lot of clubs would be getting £30m+ for a player like Joe.

Whatever we get for him, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be 'Undisclosed'

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:52 - Oct 5 with 2060 views34dfgdf54

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:45 - Oct 5 by Thornburyswan

Personally I agree with you & rate Rodon higher but if I was negotiating to buy then a combination of Premier level experience, Our owners willingness to sell & Levy’s dealing style would all suggest a lower price for Rodon - my real concern here is Spurs deliberately take their time & offer £10M tomorrow & we cave.

That last sentence is a definite Levy tactic, think they need to be careful though as I reckon other clubs could hijack, £18m is a bargain for Joe.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:57 - Oct 5 with 2027 viewsCatullus

Sky are still saying the price is 18 million and close to being done. If it is 18 we'll sell surely? There might be add ons but we won't find out tonight.

It's a case of when not if, isn't it? In which case Cooper needs to be allowed to bring a few players in.

If we were in the EPL the price would be higher but we are where we are and we always seem to get a few million less than other clubs for comparable players.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:58 - Oct 5 with 2008 viewsjasper_T

With Godfrey Norwich had a stronger bargaining position because their finances are decent and they have other big assets like Cantwell they can (and probably will) sell to cover the gaps. Apart from Joe I don't think we've got anyone that would fetch 8 figures. He's the prize pig.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:58 - Oct 5 with 2008 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:52 - Oct 5 by 34dfgdf54

That last sentence is a definite Levy tactic, think they need to be careful though as I reckon other clubs could hijack, £18m is a bargain for Joe.

He's better than anyone at Old Trafford for a start.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:59 - Oct 5 with 2002 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:57 - Oct 5 by Catullus

Sky are still saying the price is 18 million and close to being done. If it is 18 we'll sell surely? There might be add ons but we won't find out tonight.

It's a case of when not if, isn't it? In which case Cooper needs to be allowed to bring a few players in.

If we were in the EPL the price would be higher but we are where we are and we always seem to get a few million less than other clubs for comparable players.

It's Sky though, they always jump the gun.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 22:12 - Oct 5 with 1916 viewsChief

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:58 - Oct 5 by jasper_T

With Godfrey Norwich had a stronger bargaining position because their finances are decent and they have other big assets like Cantwell they can (and probably will) sell to cover the gaps. Apart from Joe I don't think we've got anyone that would fetch 8 figures. He's the prize pig.

But we've got wealthy, ambitious owners with the resources&nous to make us competitive?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 22:12 - Oct 5 with 1912 viewsCatullus

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:59 - Oct 5 by jasper_T

It's Sky though, they always jump the gun.

They love to sensationalise yes. Spurs do like our players though, our academy was doing something right because Leeds are in that club too.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 22:24 - Oct 5 with 1821 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 22:12 - Oct 5 by Catullus

They love to sensationalise yes. Spurs do like our players though, our academy was doing something right because Leeds are in that club too.

They £7m like our players not £18m love them, apparently. Oh dear what a pity never mind.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 22:33 - Oct 5 with 1753 viewsCatullus

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 22:24 - Oct 5 by jasper_T

They £7m like our players not £18m love them, apparently. Oh dear what a pity never mind.

Levy is notoriously tight

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 22:34 - Oct 5 with 1744 viewsMartinSwan

Well it’s not a surprise we have financial problems when we keep selling our best players way below market price.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 22:45 - Oct 5 with 1664 viewsKerouac

I can't imagine another club where so many fans would be happy about selling a young, home-grown, international, rolls royce of a centre-back...attracting transfer interest from;
Man Utd, Spurs, Everton, West Ham etc...for a good £10m less than the transfer fees our Championship peers seem to be able to negotiate from the same Prem clubs for similar standard players.
It is perverse.

Today isn't our deadline, we should be telling them the price that they need to pay or they can go spin.

If they want to pay closer to £20m than £25m+ for Joe than they can chuck Cameron Carter-Vickers...a player that is worth nothing to Tottenham, he is only going to cost them this year until he is loaned (before leaving on a free next summer)...in on top as well, so we don't have to go shopping and pay over the odds.
If Winter can't negotiate this deal correctly he needs to go, as he'll never have another deal at Swansea where he holds so many cards.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 22:46]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 22:52 - Oct 5 with 1602 viewsKerouac

...and if Winter has got anything about him he would put a stop to this bollocks in the media as well. Sky Sports News are now reporting with a straight face on the hour that Spurs value Joe at £7m...he needs to be making public statements that Spurs must be having a laugh, that he's a much better player than the likes of Godfrey and he won't be leaving for less than £20m to anybody.

Why are we so passive.

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 22:56 - Oct 5 with 1593 viewsNotLoyal

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 22:52 - Oct 5 by Kerouac

...and if Winter has got anything about him he would put a stop to this bollocks in the media as well. Sky Sports News are now reporting with a straight face on the hour that Spurs value Joe at £7m...he needs to be making public statements that Spurs must be having a laugh, that he's a much better player than the likes of Godfrey and he won't be leaving for less than £20m to anybody.

Why are we so passive.

They say passively 7 million, we say 18, they respond, we do the same, then it's 12, and before we know it, it's 14 with an add on or two.
Its our way.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 22:59 - Oct 5 with 1572 viewsbuilthjack

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 22:52 - Oct 5 by Kerouac

Why are we so passive.

£20m plus add ons minimum. Winter needs to speak.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 23:02 - Oct 5 with 1558 viewsKerouac

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 22:56 - Oct 5 by NotLoyal

They say passively 7 million, we say 18, they respond, we do the same, then it's 12, and before we know it, it's 14 with an add on or two.
Its our way.

Exactly.
You don't negotiate. He's our player.
We tell them the price....and then watch sweat as the next deadline approaches and Prem clubs line up to buy him.

Imagine we took something like £12m for him tonight and he was man of the match this Thursday?
There are Prem clubs with money, who have made bad starts, who have pressure on them to sign defenders...and every man and his dog are purring over our young, HG centre-back. Let them scrap it out to meet our valuation.

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 23:05 - Oct 5 with 1533 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:46 - Oct 5 by Kerouac

£20m + Cameron Carter-Vickers minimum.

If we let this boy go for less than £20m I will not be handing anymore of my money to the people who run this club.

Other clubs have been taking the p*ss out of us in the transfer market for a while now.
Go and find another young HG centre-back as good as Joe for less than £20m.
A lot of clubs would be getting £30m+ for a player like Joe.

This, if we don't get 20 mill at least i will not be spending anymore of my money on scfc.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 23:15 - Oct 5 with 1480 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Look at the way Dortmund have dealt with Man U over Sancho.

Offer of up to £80M refused and told that it’s £108M by August 10th or forget it. Man U arrogantly think that they’ve unsettled the player and they’ll get him for £80M. Dortmund don’t blink.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 23:29 - Oct 5 with 1434 viewsKerouac

This is an argument that puzzles me...

'Godfrey went for £20-25m from Norwich City (Championship) to Everton (mid table Prem side) because he is a better player than Joe'

Excuse me?
Godfrey joins Everton.
Joe is considered good enough to play for Spurs (a side that is expected to challenge for titles and qualify for the Champions League)...
...yet we are expected to take less.

Levy and Birch think they've found a right bunch of mugs at the end of the M4, and the fact that so many of our fans think we should bend over and take it, and the fact that this scenario has now played out several times, is leading me to conclude that they might be right.

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 23:35 - Oct 5 with 1412 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 22:59 - Oct 5 by builthjack

£20m plus add ons minimum. Winter needs to speak.

Why does he need to come out and respond to deadline day transfer gossip? Let Sky run their mouths, who cares?

His job is to reject the insulting bid, and that's what we've done.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 23:39 - Oct 5 with 1400 viewsKeithHaynes

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 23:29 - Oct 5 by Kerouac

This is an argument that puzzles me...

'Godfrey went for £20-25m from Norwich City (Championship) to Everton (mid table Prem side) because he is a better player than Joe'

Excuse me?
Godfrey joins Everton.
Joe is considered good enough to play for Spurs (a side that is expected to challenge for titles and qualify for the Champions League)...
...yet we are expected to take less.

Levy and Birch think they've found a right bunch of mugs at the end of the M4, and the fact that so many of our fans think we should bend over and take it, and the fact that this scenario has now played out several times, is leading me to conclude that they might be right.

It was a pathetic attempt at buying a player for the sake of it in the hope they got him cheap. Birch was behind this for sure, an embarrassment for Spurs.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 23:46 - Oct 5 with 1378 viewsDr_Parnassus

He will go.

Premier League clubs can still sign Championship players right up to the 16th.

I agree with NotLoyal. I can see a fee of £14m rising to £18m with add ons.

Birch knows our finances and knows we are desperate. You may remember earlier on in the season I did back of a fag packet maths and said we would probably need to sell a big playing asset just to break even.

Well this is that asset.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 03:29 - Oct 6 with 1253 viewsTreforys_Jack

I'd be looking at Cabango before Rodon tbh.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 06:50 - Oct 6 with 1160 viewsDr_Winston

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 21:04 - Oct 5 by MartinSwan

Market already made at £25m rising to £30m. £20m is way below par for Joe. We don’t have to sell, he will be worth more in January and more again in the Summer.

Set the price £25m plus add ons or the answer is no. It’s not difficult never undervalue your assets or your position. Spurs can go and buy another CB if they want. Oh wait they can’t can they are the window ends tonight to play in Europe and Joe is the CB outside ( and already better than some in ) the PL.

Let them find a better CB in the next 10 days until the window closes. No chance

Godfrey is English (which somehow attracts a premium for English clubs) and has a year's experience in the Prem. Neither of which apply to Rodon.

Considering the price we paid for Alfie Mawson, a player of broadly similar age and experience to Rodon at the time was around £5m, anything approaching £20m would be a decent deal. I would insist on a sell on too though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 07:01 - Oct 6 with 1149 viewsDr_Parnassus

I’d be happy to stick my neck out and say it won’t be near £20m.

Premier League clubs have a knack of getting their way. If anyone thinks Rodons head has not been turned by this or that he won’t now prefer a move away is in dreamland.

A football career is short and regardless of him enjoying his football and loving the club - a chance to play for one of the biggest clubs in the country under the biggest managerial name in world football while increasing his salary maybe five or six fold in addition to a massive lump sum - is a no brainer. The alternative is to play in the Championship for a club with financial issues and a threadbare squad for a fraction of the money.

Let’s not kid ourselves here. In my mind he has already gone, it’s just a matter of how much we get for him.

Priority being is that he will need to be replaced and it’s not going to leave much time. I can see a scenario where we get something along the lines of £12m, Carter Vickers and £2.5m in add ons. Something to that effect.

Not ideal but it probably needs to happen. The only piece of the puzzle is then Ayew to leave after this season (regrettably) and I would guess that we will then be close to self sufficient.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024