Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Levy will sit it out if he has to. 18:05 - Oct 5 with 26426 viewsKeithHaynes

Spurs are in talks as we disclosed earlier, however there is a chance this could happen tonight. * Update* Fortunately for Swans fans their low rating and offer for Rodon stalled matters last night. We hear today Daniel Levy is prepared to sit it out for as long as possible forcing other clubs to place bids and test the water.

6th Oct 2020 Now the European squad submissions are all but done today, West Ham could enter in to a bidding war, and if Joe has to go then hopefully the price gets to the real figure we all believe he is worth.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 07:58 - Oct 6 with 1852 viewsThornburyswan

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 07:01 - Oct 6 by Dr_Parnassus

I’d be happy to stick my neck out and say it won’t be near £20m.

Premier League clubs have a knack of getting their way. If anyone thinks Rodons head has not been turned by this or that he won’t now prefer a move away is in dreamland.

A football career is short and regardless of him enjoying his football and loving the club - a chance to play for one of the biggest clubs in the country under the biggest managerial name in world football while increasing his salary maybe five or six fold in addition to a massive lump sum - is a no brainer. The alternative is to play in the Championship for a club with financial issues and a threadbare squad for a fraction of the money.

Let’s not kid ourselves here. In my mind he has already gone, it’s just a matter of how much we get for him.

Priority being is that he will need to be replaced and it’s not going to leave much time. I can see a scenario where we get something along the lines of £12m, Carter Vickers and £2.5m in add ons. Something to that effect.

Not ideal but it probably needs to happen. The only piece of the puzzle is then Ayew to leave after this season (regrettably) and I would guess that we will then be close to self sufficient.

You are probably right Dr but I’m beginning to wonder if Levy was ever really serious about Rodon, it’s been pretty open for a while that we are short of a few £££ & that our American ‘friends’ are always up for a deal - general footie papers/journos would have been clear that we’d talk & probably deal somewhere north of £15M, so I’d get a cheeky £11/£12M bid on deadline day to see if we were getting desperate . . . . . but £7M smacks of either we aren’t that interested but at that price it’s a fire sale or I’m a t**t and I think I’ll piss you about to make it look like ‘I’m the man’ & I’m showing my team’s fans I’m working hard for them.

I guess we’ll see what happens in the next 10 days but if Spurs don’t come back in for me they were never really that bothered.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 08:16 - Oct 6 with 1809 views34dfgdf54

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 03:29 - Oct 6 by Treforys_Jack

I'd be looking at Cabango before Rodon tbh.

I like Cabango, but he’s nowhere near at Joe’s level at the moment.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 08:18 - Oct 6 with 1805 views34dfgdf54

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 07:01 - Oct 6 by Dr_Parnassus

I’d be happy to stick my neck out and say it won’t be near £20m.

Premier League clubs have a knack of getting their way. If anyone thinks Rodons head has not been turned by this or that he won’t now prefer a move away is in dreamland.

A football career is short and regardless of him enjoying his football and loving the club - a chance to play for one of the biggest clubs in the country under the biggest managerial name in world football while increasing his salary maybe five or six fold in addition to a massive lump sum - is a no brainer. The alternative is to play in the Championship for a club with financial issues and a threadbare squad for a fraction of the money.

Let’s not kid ourselves here. In my mind he has already gone, it’s just a matter of how much we get for him.

Priority being is that he will need to be replaced and it’s not going to leave much time. I can see a scenario where we get something along the lines of £12m, Carter Vickers and £2.5m in add ons. Something to that effect.

Not ideal but it probably needs to happen. The only piece of the puzzle is then Ayew to leave after this season (regrettably) and I would guess that we will then be close to self sufficient.

Yeah this post is spot on. It’s about how much we get for him as his head will have definitely been turned now. It’s a dirty move by Spurs, Birch and Levy but they will do what’s best for their club.

We’ll be lucky to get £15m imo which is a big shame.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 08:18 - Oct 6 with 1804 viewsmagicdaps10

Nothing less than 18m, anything less shows weakness.

If we are that desperate for the cash then surely we shouldn't have spent the money we did on Lowe.

Also the test for the board will not be done on the Rodon sale alone, the test is what they do with Cooper with additions being brought in using part of the Rodon money. The next 2 weeks will really show the clubs intentions and could make or break the good start by the team in the first 4 games.

By the way, Rodon goes then we need 2 x centre halves and a striker........permanently would be ideal.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 09:17 - Oct 6 with 1680 viewsBadlands

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 08:16 - Oct 6 by 34dfgdf54

But is he at a higher level than Rodon at the same age? Ben is 2 years 7 months younger.
So I'd say yes.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 09:30 - Oct 6 with 1659 viewsJohnw102

I would think if Joe does have to go we make Cameron Carter-Vickers part of the deal, would do very well at this level.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 09:47 - Oct 6 with 1625 viewsonehunglow

Was not looking to getting up this morning after last evening's rumours but strangely feel somewhat better seeing we have not,as yet anyway,caved in to this deeply devious Dan Levy.

As has been said,Winter should say 20m is our price.Pay it or forget it.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 09:51 - Oct 6 with 1615 views34dfgdf54

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 09:17 - Oct 6 by Badlands

But is he at a higher level than Rodon at the same age? Ben is 2 years 7 months younger.
So I'd say yes.

Cabango will need hell of a lot improvement in the 2 years with this technical ability, looks in a panic everytime he has the ball.

Don't wish to speak negative about Ben because I think he is a cracking defender, still has a lot of improving to do to get on Joe's level though.
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 09:52 - Oct 6 with 1615 viewsMartinSwan

Well if Joe does go to Spurs, he will end up half the player he could be, Spurs dont develop young players effectively and Joe will be back in the u23s, effectively going back 3 years.

If he stays with us he will get a better move into the first team of a PL club next year, and we will get north of £30m.

So for his benefit and the club's its better he stays for now.

Otherwise its £10m and losts of time in the u23s.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 10:30 - Oct 6 with 1556 viewsBadlands

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 09:52 - Oct 6 by MartinSwan

Well if Joe does go to Spurs, he will end up half the player he could be, Spurs dont develop young players effectively and Joe will be back in the u23s, effectively going back 3 years.

If he stays with us he will get a better move into the first team of a PL club next year, and we will get north of £30m.

Didn't west the same about Connor?

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 10:46 - Oct 6 with 1525 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 09:51 - Oct 6 by 34dfgdf54

Cabango will need hell of a lot improvement in the 2 years with this technical ability, looks in a panic everytime he has the ball.

Don't wish to speak negative about Ben because I think he is a cracking defender, still has a lot of improving to do to get on Joe's level though.

They're different players and Joe has the complete skillset for a top level modern centre half. Ben will always lack a couple of qualities.

There has been interest in Ben, though. Surprised a few people.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 10:53 - Oct 6 with 1500 viewsMartinSwan

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 10:30 - Oct 6 by Badlands

Didn't west the same about Connor?

Apologies I don't know the reference. Didn't who say the same about Connor in what context?
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 10:55 - Oct 6 with 1494 viewstheloneranger

Yesterday Spurs pulled out of trying to sign Inter Milan central defender Milan Skriniar. The fee rumoured to be £45M.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 11:03 - Oct 6 with 1480 viewsMartinSwan

http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2020/10/06/report-suggests-two-reasons-spurs-dont-w

I believe its too risky for Spurs to buy Joe Rodon so they should just go away and find a different CB.

Or they should stop pretending and admit they just want Joe on the cheap.

Lets find out if Julian Winters has a strong will and a good head for business. Circa £10m from Levy now or £30m from someone else at the end of the season.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 11:04]
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 11:07 - Oct 6 with 1468 viewsonehunglow

Let's home so Martin.
Ive done quite a bit of negotiating in my time and personally I would have loved to be involved in this stuff

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 11:21 - Oct 6 with 1444 viewsMartinSwan

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 11:07 - Oct 6 by onehunglow

Let's home so Martin.
Ive done quite a bit of negotiating in my time and personally I would have loved to be involved in this stuff

Yes you and me both..

It would be a pleasure and honestly not many of the people involved seem to be very good at it.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 11:40 - Oct 6 with 1397 viewsonehunglow

Martin.
I don't wih to dig up the pat but Im on record,so to speak ,of appending my contempt for Jenkins/Dineen and their inability to negotiate ,which is pretty self evident with Jenkins.
Our commercial performance whilst in the Prem was shocking and I never bought their small city Swansea shyte either.Swansea region ha a population well big enough to sustain a large football club and all that entail. Christ,there is nothing west for 60 mile and nothing north of Swansea at all for over a hundred miles.Our club was not marketed in a any way apart from badly.

As for it being hard to attract players to Swansea?-just feckme . I d have thought a player on 50k plus could have a fabulous life in Swansea.Few places better in the UK. In contrast,I well remember Toshack meeting potential players in the Caswell Bay and saying just look at that view.

Potential ebbing away and it's criminal

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 12:25 - Oct 6 with 1312 viewspencoedjack

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 09:52 - Oct 6 by MartinSwan

Its if the club/player want to take a risk on him not getting injured.

As someone mentioned earlier he will probably get a 4 year contract at Spurs for at least 5 times the amount he is on with us.

Set up for life.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 12:36 - Oct 6 with 1293 viewsswancity

Just about all of that is either inaccurate or guesswork

Take our own Ben Davies as an example

And nothing is guaranteed in football. A lot can happen quickly. Injury, loss of form etc. And he’s still raw and inexperienced.

We don’t want to lose him but our financial plight says otherwise and £20m would be good business undoubtedly

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 12:48 - Oct 6 with 1264 viewsBadlands

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 10:46 - Oct 6 by jasper_T

They're different players and Joe has the complete skillset for a top level modern centre half. Ben will always lack a couple of qualities.

There has been interest in Ben, though. Surprised a few people.

Since seeing him with the academy I have always been convinced Cabango will be a future captain of Wales. More Williams than Monk and not afraid of doing the hard marking on dangerous players.
Joe never struck me as a leader! Both are outstanding players

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 12:56 - Oct 6 with 1244 viewsKilkennyjack

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 11:07 - Oct 6 by onehunglow

Let's home so Martin.

Perhaps you should write a book ?
Something like ‘ the Art of the Deal’ maybe ?

Do ex coppers really know much about business dealings ?
Confidence alone is no recommendation mind.

No offence like ... 🤷‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 13:35 - Oct 6 with 1141 viewstheloneranger

Antonio Rudiger and John Stones both turned down loan moves to Spurs.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 13:39 - Oct 6 with 1125 viewsTreforys_Jack

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 08:16 - Oct 6 by 34dfgdf54

Joe seems to be too fragile. Is it 2 or 3 lengthy injuries in less than 2 seasons. Thats why I'd edge towards Ben over Joe.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 13:39]
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 13:41 - Oct 6 with 1113 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 13:39 - Oct 6 by Treforys_Jack

Joe seems to be too fragile. Is it 2 or 3 lengthy injuries in less than 2 seasons. Thats why I'd edge towards Ben over Joe.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 13:39]

Yeah Joe's hollow bones are always going to be vulnerable to breaks.
Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 13:51 - Oct 6 with 1095 viewsKilkennyjack

Joe Rodon speculation is accurate : *Update* Deal has STALLED due to low offer on 13:41 - Oct 6 by jasper_T

Yeah Joe's hollow bones are always going to be vulnerable to breaks.

Time will tell.

I don't agree though.
As he matures he will grow into his frame more naturally, and have less injuries.

He will play lots of football.
Lots of welsh caps as well.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024