Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 THE AFTERMATH ! 20:47 - Dec 26 with 9404 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Reading
Liberty Stadium
EFL Championship
Wednesday 30th December 2020
Kick Off 8pm

Match Officials
DAVID WEBB

Craig Taylor and Richard Wild
Fourth Official : Lee Swabey

TV

SKY SPORTS FOOTBALL KICK OFF 8PM

SWANS TV FROM 7.50PM

What do we know about Reading FC ?
Monty Don isn’t a Reading supporter, for those that don’t know Monty, ( most people who use that moniker are very cowardly) he is a gardener, but not really because he only grows weeds and when nobody is looking he glues flowers on them. Then he says ‘ ohhhh look what I’ve done, I’m a gardener’ He mainly scoops up loads of compost, which is basically shit, and puts it in different places, in fact he does this so often you would have thought he was a Cardiff fan, he can’t be though because his hair is too curly and he is too tall.

Monty Don with his dog, who is possibly dead, but not in this picture.

Ayrton Senna was born in Reading, he lived there until he won some racing competitions in a car. Senna was born in a house in Chelsea Close, Reading and only sold it when he was about eleven years old to buy a new car. In those days he was known as Brian or Knobhead ( to his mum)

Proof Ayrton Senna is from Reading.

Reading is the only village in the Englands to be called a town, that’s quite a feat. Also just outside Reading is Broadmoor hospital where the more bloody frightening folk in the country are sent when they scare the shit out of people or kill them, whichever comes first. Not everyone who is sent to Broadmoor is dangerous, although that’s a qualification for most people to get in to the building. A little known fact is the ‘Silent Twins’ from West Wales were sent there after they set fire to a lot of the town of Haverfordwest. Their names were June and Jennifer Gibbons. One is now dead and the other lives in Haverfordwest where the sale of fire extinguishers shot up on her return home.

In the last thirteen games played between Swansea City and Reading the Swans haven’t lost any games, winning eight and drawing five. Swansea have scored twenty four goals in those games winning two of them 4-1 away.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/53795/marc-knows-the-sco

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Ben Cabango, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Viktor Gyokeres, Wayne Routledge, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Oli Cooper, Jordon Garrick, Kasey Palmer.

Reading: Rafael Cabral, Tomas Esteves, Michael Morrison (captain), Tom McIntyre, Michael Olise, Andy Rinomhota, Sam Baldock, Ovie Ejaria, Josh Laurent, Tom Holmes, Alfa Semedo.

Substitutes: Luke Southwood, Omar Richards, John Swift, Sone Aluko, Nahum Melvin-Lambert, Tennai Watson, Ryan East, Jeriel Dorsett.

Referee: David Webb

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 17:31 - Dec 27 with 4126 viewspencoedjack

Have a dislike for Reading after the way McDermott (think that was their mangers name) was disrespectful after the play off win.

Lost to the top sides in recent weeks hope it continues with us.

3 0 Swans Lowe 2 Ayew

Hope the newly laid pitch is ok.
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 17:34 - Dec 27 with 4110 viewsonehunglow

Reading, on the road to everywhere else.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 17:43 - Dec 27 with 4116 viewssP7qupUf

They have a ew out injured so her's hoping. Win will also take a bit of pressure off the Watford game.
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 17:44 - Dec 27 with 4102 viewsonehunglow

A defining week no doubt.

Thee are the games that will really matter.

Bring em on

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 21:08 - Dec 27 with 4039 viewsAndyCole

Strongest 11 to start, so Naughton (if fit) for Cabango and Smith for Dhanda (or Palmer if the manager still rates him).

Reading are tricky, pacey and fit. We should take the game to them and grab a goal or two, control the middle with our strongest 3 and stoically defend with our usual measured, controlled approach led by Bennett.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 21:31 - Dec 27 with 4021 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 21:08 - Dec 27 by AndyCole

Strongest 11 to start, so Naughton (if fit) for Cabango and Smith for Dhanda (or Palmer if the manager still rates him).

Reading are tricky, pacey and fit. We should take the game to them and grab a goal or two, control the middle with our strongest 3 and stoically defend with our usual measured, controlled approach led by Bennett.

I've always stood by the famous saying 'attack is the best form of defence'
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 21:51 - Dec 27 with 4001 viewsNotLoyal

Depends on which Reading turn up, they have been abysmal and if they are they will lose, if the other Reading turn up it will be a scrap.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 22:05 - Dec 27 with 3991 viewsChief

They are without a lot of players through injury i gather. Possibly no Puscas, Meite or Joao. It could mean they may try and park the bus which we may struggle to break down. If we aren't over confident we should win but it wont be easy.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 11:08 - Dec 28 with 3761 viewsonehunglow

Play the 90 mins at full pace ,using subs too.

Big week and we can beat both is we start off with fire in the belly and real tempo.

Good luck Fred and get stuck into them

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 11:19 - Dec 28 with 3759 viewsChief

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 11:08 - Dec 28 by onehunglow

Play the 90 mins at full pace ,using subs too.

Big week and we can beat both is we start off with fire in the belly and real tempo.

Good luck Fred and get stuck into them

We're 2nd in the league. There's no need to mention your hatred of Cooper and Woodman in every post on every thread. Its boring.

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 11:33 - Dec 28 with 3730 viewsonehunglow

I dont hate him.Ive told you that a I have others.
Try a little levity. It might help .

I ll say it again.

Come on Fred,get stuck into them. Pick the hatred out of that.

Our terrific back 3 will need to be 100%switched on from the start.

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 12:38 - Dec 28 with 3707 viewsChief

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 11:33 - Dec 28 by onehunglow

I dont hate him.Ive told you that a I have others.
Try a little levity. It might help .

I ll say it again.

Come on Fred,get stuck into them. Pick the hatred out of that.

Our terrific back 3 will need to be 100%switched on from the start.

Levity - well if you're admitting that you're now a parody account of yourself then well done.

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 12:41 - Dec 28 with 3691 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 12:38 - Dec 28 by Chief

Levity - well if you're admitting that you're now a parody account of yourself then well done.

Parody!

Now you're talking. We are all parodies Chief.

As I say, a little light hearted banter beats full on insults .

I love Fred really and I have a Cooper portrait in my man cave

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 13:26 - Dec 28 with 3668 viewstrampie

Anything other than a win against Reading will be a poor result for the Swans.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 TV UPDATE on 06:59 - Dec 29 with 3360 viewsHighjack

Puscas must be a fair age now.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 09:54 - Dec 29 with 3316 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 22:05 - Dec 27 by Chief

They are without a lot of players through injury i gather. Possibly no Puscas, Meite or Joao. It could mean they may try and park the bus which we may struggle to break down. If we aren't over confident we should win but it wont be easy.

This is where the rotation that Cooper has employed all season (specifically the back three and middle three) has paid off in spades. Reading, like other clubs who don’t have that luxury will fall off the pace as injuries compound matters. Selling Rodon has given us the best possible chance of promotion.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 10:15 - Dec 29 with 3307 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 09:54 - Dec 29 by Brynmill_Jack

This is where the rotation that Cooper has employed all season (specifically the back three and middle three) has paid off in spades. Reading, like other clubs who don’t have that luxury will fall off the pace as injuries compound matters. Selling Rodon has given us the best possible chance of promotion.

Its interesting sometimes to read through old threads.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/263988/page:1

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 TV UPDATE on 10:38 - Dec 29 with 3276 viewsonehunglow

Standing firm at 18m eh!

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 TV UPDATE on 00:35 - Dec 30 with 3027 viewsNortbankboy

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 TV UPDATE on 10:38 - Dec 29 by onehunglow

Standing firm at 18m eh!

I said at the time good bit of business.
Plus we tucked the blades up with bambi
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 TV UPDATE on 09:52 - Dec 30 with 2932 viewsKeithHaynes

New pre match column today, plus follow us on Twitter 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 12:50 - Dec 30 with 2806 viewsChief

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 09:54 - Dec 29 by Brynmill_Jack

I have to disagree here because i don't think up to this point the facts back up that viewpoint. The players we brought in apart from Bennett who was the direct replacement (and in all reality isn't as good as Rodon) have barely played and when they have its down to injuries. Latibeaudiere has only played due to injuries, Naughton is the player that comes in when its pure rotation. Manning played twice maybe? And let's face it a shattered Bidwell couldn't have done any worse against boro. Cooper doesn't seem to rate Palmer much, usually in midfield its Smith, Dhanda and fulton sharing games. MGW and Byers are coming back his game time will be even less.

And that's of course if you believe that we had to sell our prized asset at cut price 11mill to bring in some free transfers, loans and 250k contract nearing ending bargain.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 12:56]

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 MATCHDAY ! on 13:04 - Dec 30 with 2789 viewsChief

If we reinvest some money in January on players Cooper feels he can trust to play not only when there's injuries I'll reassess this opinion.

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 MATCHDAY ! on 13:31 - Dec 30 with 2769 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 MATCHDAY ! on 13:04 - Dec 30 by Chief

If we reinvest some money in January on players Cooper feels he can trust to play not only when there's injuries I'll reassess this opinion.

Touch wood chief that will happen.
Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 13:40 - Dec 30 with 2753 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 12:50 - Dec 30 by Chief

I have to disagree here because i don't think up to this point the facts back up that viewpoint. The players we brought in apart from Bennett who was the direct replacement (and in all reality isn't as good as Rodon) have barely played and when they have its down to injuries. Latibeaudiere has only played due to injuries, Naughton is the player that comes in when its pure rotation. Manning played twice maybe? And let's face it a shattered Bidwell couldn't have done any worse against boro. Cooper doesn't seem to rate Palmer much, usually in midfield its Smith, Dhanda and fulton sharing games. MGW and Byers are coming back his game time will be even less.

And that's of course if you believe that we had to sell our prized asset at cut price 11mill to bring in some free transfers, loans and 250k contract nearing ending bargain.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 12:56]

I agree with what you wrote about rotation but don't think Rodon was better than Bennett. Rodon is struggling with the move up and, although he stood out in some of the few games he played at senior level, he never looked comfortable. Bennett is quiet, assured and provides experience.
Given his injury history and lack of experience I think we got a fair price for Joe - he may have been worth more to us but from the outside it was a fair price.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 13:51 - Dec 30 with 2743 viewsChief

Swansea City v Reading : Matchday Thread 30th Dec 2020 on 13:40 - Dec 30 by Badlands

I agree with what you wrote about rotation but don't think Rodon was better than Bennett. Rodon is struggling with the move up and, although he stood out in some of the few games he played at senior level, he never looked comfortable. Bennett is quiet, assured and provides experience.
Given his injury history and lack of experience I think we got a fair price for Joe - he may have been worth more to us but from the outside it was a fair price.

Im not saying Bennett is bad player, he's a solid championship defender. But is on the way down. Its a huge jump for Rodon to try&get into a spurs mourinho team challenging for the title. But with us in the championship he'd be playing every week&improving& probably still not at his peak.

11mill is definitely too low.

Edit: and going forward I'd be far more confident of Rodon stepping up and excelling in prem in the event of us going up then Bennett who's probably already reached his ceiling. And that's no slight on him at all.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 13:59]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024