Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone explain.....? 19:15 - Oct 29 with 4588 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/28/covid-vaccinated-likely-unjabbed-i

Vaccinated people apparently spread the virus at a similar rate to unvaccinated so can anyone explain

Why we are vaccinating children who are at no risk?

PS I'm not anti-vaccination, I've had mine and I understand it offers protection to people at risk, with no long term studies it feels right to be careful with children and young people at no risk.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Can anyone explain.....? on 20:42 - Oct 29 with 2304 viewsCatullus

They are a risk though, teenagers have been hospitalised. Also, if vaccinated they present less risk to other family members, or so I believe.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Can anyone explain.....? on 20:52 - Oct 29 with 2282 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Because it is now supposedly about less serious illness and no longer about spreading the virus.
But for children it is a lottery between reducing the chances of getting COVID and having a less serious illness and getting adverse events from the vaccine. Which was why the safety committee said do not vaccinate them.

The whole business of everybody having COVID vaccine passport is no longer about controlling the spread of the virus and all about exerting control on the population.
Testing would be more relaistic as a control.
Can anyone explain.....? on 20:53 - Oct 29 with 2280 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Can anyone explain.....? on 20:42 - Oct 29 by Catullus

They are a risk though, teenagers have been hospitalised. Also, if vaccinated they present less risk to other family members, or so I believe.

Yes less risk initially but not once the immunity wanes.
The US are going for the 5 to 12 year olds now.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2021 20:53]
Can anyone explain.....? on 20:54 - Oct 29 with 2287 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Can anyone explain.....? on 20:42 - Oct 29 by Catullus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57766717

Healthy children at no risk. Latest study says transmission similar for vaccinated an unvaccinated.

Can anyone explain.....? on 20:59 - Oct 29 with 2283 viewsCatullus

Can anyone explain.....? on 20:53 - Oct 29 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes less risk initially but not once the immunity wanes.
The US are going for the 5 to 12 year olds now.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2021 20:53]

Hence the boosters

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Can anyone explain.....? on 21:01 - Oct 29 with 2279 viewsCatullus

Can anyone explain.....? on 20:54 - Oct 29 by JACKMANANDBOY

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57766717

Healthy children at no risk. Latest study says transmission similar for vaccinated an unvaccinated.

That was in July, I don't know what the science says now.

Can anyone explain.....? on 21:01 - Oct 29 with 2278 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Can anyone explain.....? on 20:52 - Oct 29 by A_Fans_Dad

Because it is now supposedly about less serious illness and no longer about spreading the virus.
But for children it is a lottery between reducing the chances of getting COVID and having a less serious illness and getting adverse events from the vaccine. Which was why the safety committee said do not vaccinate them.

The whole business of everybody having COVID vaccine passport is no longer about controlling the spread of the virus and all about exerting control on the population.
Testing would be more relaistic as a control.

Testing makes more sense than passports if transmission rates are similar for vaccinated or unvaccinated.

Can anyone explain.....? on 21:06 - Oct 29 with 2258 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Can anyone explain.....? on 21:01 - Oct 29 by JACKMANANDBOY

Testing makes more sense than passports if transmission rates are similar for vaccinated or unvaccinated.

You are absolutely correct.
Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone explain.....? on 21:09 - Oct 29 with 2257 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Can anyone explain.....? on 20:59 - Oct 29 by Catullus

Hence the boosters

Yes every 6 months while the virus is still endemic.
Maybe even shorter as they have less effect on the virus and screw your Immune system.
Look up Original Antigenic Sin to understand what I am talking about.
Can anyone explain.....? on 21:16 - Oct 29 with 2264 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Can anyone explain.....? on 21:01 - Oct 29 by Catullus

That was in July, I don't know what the science says now.

Latest ONS data - no change.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditio

Can anyone explain.....? on 09:47 - Oct 30 with 2191 viewsDr_Winston

Vaccination has always primarily been about preventing serious illness. From day one the stats about how vaccination drastically reduces the likelihood of infection serious enough to require hospital treatment have been trumpeted.

Of course, the anti-Vaxx loonies conveniently ignore that, pretending that it was claimed that Vaccination could always prevent infection completely, which of course it never was. In some cases it can, and there is some evidence to suggest that it reduces the risk of transmission, but that's never been its main job.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Can anyone explain.....? on 10:29 - Oct 30 with 2183 viewsCatullus

Can anyone explain.....? on 21:06 - Oct 29 by A_Fans_Dad

You are absolutely correct.

And I agree.

Original antigenic sin? I looked it up and it's ntohing to worry about. If future vaccines are less effective, that's the way it is. We'll have to live with it the same as we have to live with the possibility of antibiotics stopping working.

Such is life.

Can anyone explain.....? on 10:37 - Oct 30 with 2180 viewscontroversial_jack

Can anyone explain.....? on 09:47 - Oct 30 by Dr_Winston

Vaccination has always primarily been about preventing serious illness. From day one the stats about how vaccination drastically reduces the likelihood of infection serious enough to require hospital treatment have been trumpeted.

Of course, the anti-Vaxx loonies conveniently ignore that, pretending that it was claimed that Vaccination could always prevent infection completely, which of course it never was. In some cases it can, and there is some evidence to suggest that it reduces the risk of transmission, but that's never been its main job.

No it hasn't. Vaccination has always been about preventing the spread of any disease and therefore eliminating them

This vaccine is failing to do that.It mitigates the effects, which obviously is good, but it isn't going to make this virus go away.

Flu has virtually disappeared. In the US, two strains of flu have gone. I have said all along. Personal responsibility and discipline will do more than science will.
Can anyone explain.....? on 10:44 - Oct 30 with 2165 viewsonehunglow

Can anyone explain.....? on 10:37 - Oct 30 by controversial_jack

No it hasn't. Vaccination has always been about preventing the spread of any disease and therefore eliminating them

This vaccine is failing to do that.It mitigates the effects, which obviously is good, but it isn't going to make this virus go away.

Flu has virtually disappeared. In the US, two strains of flu have gone. I have said all along. Personal responsibility and discipline will do more than science will.

So it helps then?

Better than nothing then .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Can anyone explain.....? on 11:07 - Oct 30 with 2161 viewsProfessor

Can anyone explain.....? on 21:09 - Oct 29 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes every 6 months while the virus is still endemic.
Maybe even shorter as they have less effect on the virus and screw your Immune system.
Look up Original Antigenic Sin to understand what I am talking about.

Rubbish as usual
Can anyone explain.....? on 11:10 - Oct 30 with 2156 viewsDr_Winston

Like I said. Anti-Vaxx loonies.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Can anyone explain.....? on 11:50 - Oct 30 with 2136 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I'm not an anti-vaxer, I have been vaccinated and so have family members. I just don't understand why we would vaccinate healthy children at no risk if the vaccine does not stop transmission which is what the recent research says, especially as no one knows the long term impact.

Can anyone explain.....? on 12:40 - Oct 30 with 2113 viewsProfessor

Can anyone explain.....? on 11:50 - Oct 30 by JACKMANANDBOY

I'm not an anti-vaxer, I have been vaccinated and so have family members. I just don't understand why we would vaccinate healthy children at no risk if the vaccine does not stop transmission which is what the recent research says, especially as no one knows the long term impact.

Recent research also shows reduced transmission in vaccinates. It also shows Delta causes more symptomatic disease in younger populations. It’s also apparent that adverse effects, especially myocarditis, were overstated The long term effects apply to post-infection sequelae and long Covid. I’m less convinced of benefits of vaccination in younger children here, but most countries are vaccinating over-5s.
Can anyone explain.....? on 13:16 - Oct 30 with 2094 viewsCountyJim

Can anyone explain.....? on 12:40 - Oct 30 by Professor

Recent research also shows reduced transmission in vaccinates. It also shows Delta causes more symptomatic disease in younger populations. It’s also apparent that adverse effects, especially myocarditis, were overstated The long term effects apply to post-infection sequelae and long Covid. I’m less convinced of benefits of vaccination in younger children here, but most countries are vaccinating over-5s.

Believe me what I've seen past few weeks it's younger people getting the worst effects and the unvaccinated
Can anyone explain.....? on 14:49 - Oct 30 with 2055 viewsJack123

Can anyone explain.....? on 13:16 - Oct 30 by CountyJim

Believe me what I've seen past few weeks it's younger people getting the worst effects and the unvaccinated

Can I ask you Jim, from what I understand you are a porter, how would you be privy to such information as a patients vaccination status?

libera nos a malo

Can anyone explain.....? on 15:10 - Oct 30 with 2048 viewsProfessor

Can anyone explain.....? on 14:49 - Oct 30 by Jack123

Can I ask you Jim, from what I understand you are a porter, how would you be privy to such information as a patients vaccination status?

Will be in their recorded, attached to the bed normally
Can anyone explain.....? on 15:19 - Oct 30 with 2044 viewsJack123

Can anyone explain.....? on 15:10 - Oct 30 by Professor

Will be in their recorded, attached to the bed normally

Thanks, although it seems an odd thing to record, unless there is different treatment for someone who has received the vax, or one who has not.

libera nos a malo

Can anyone explain.....? on 16:04 - Oct 30 with 2016 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Can anyone explain.....? on 11:07 - Oct 30 by Professor

Rubbish as usual

What Original Antigenic Sin is rubbish.
Are you a Science Denier when it suits you?
Can anyone explain.....? on 22:18 - Oct 30 with 1982 viewsCatullus

The Flu will be back though, and if the NHS are right, back with a bang too. They are as worried about other respiratory illnesses as about covid now.

Read this,

https://www.businessinsider.com/two-flu-varieties-disappeared-lockdown-extinct-2

It's possible these 2 strains are circulating undeteced, after all, unless you are very seriously ill you won't be tested for which strain you are carrying. Most people end up in bed for a few days and most older and vulnerable people were being very cautious.

Vaccination in the case of covid, they said it wasn't a cure, that it would offer protection against serious illness and hopefully to reduce spread. Unfortunately with so many people refusing the jab, it was always going to spread, even if the vaccine was brilliant at preventing transmission.
The virus has spread in schools amongst the unvaccinated kids too. Peronal responsibilyt and discipline are good but if a carrier isn't wearing a mask and sneezes in your direction. you can still catch it, even from 2 metrees away.

Can anyone explain.....? on 10:57 - Oct 31 with 1902 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Can anyone explain.....? on 22:18 - Oct 30 by Catullus

The Flu will be back though, and if the NHS are right, back with a bang too. They are as worried about other respiratory illnesses as about covid now.

Read this,

https://www.businessinsider.com/two-flu-varieties-disappeared-lockdown-extinct-2

It's possible these 2 strains are circulating undeteced, after all, unless you are very seriously ill you won't be tested for which strain you are carrying. Most people end up in bed for a few days and most older and vulnerable people were being very cautious.

Vaccination in the case of covid, they said it wasn't a cure, that it would offer protection against serious illness and hopefully to reduce spread. Unfortunately with so many people refusing the jab, it was always going to spread, even if the vaccine was brilliant at preventing transmission.
The virus has spread in schools amongst the unvaccinated kids too. Peronal responsibilyt and discipline are good but if a carrier isn't wearing a mask and sneezes in your direction. you can still catch it, even from 2 metrees away.

You still don't get it, the vaccines only work to prevent the spread for a short time compared to previous vaccines.

Have you ever heard of people needing 4 vaccines in one year to prevent the spread of any other virus?

They have the benifit of reducing the severity of the symptoms, but even that is not enough for the ones still dying.

They need early intervention with medicine, not waiting until they need hospitalisation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024